Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 8, 2013 9:51 PM

Sep 2011
I enjoyed this season more than what I expected. Well mostly due to my very low expectations after the dismal third season.

Actual laughs, I wouldn't mind if they went with this tempo.
Apr 9, 2013 12:25 AM
Jul 2018
Found problems with the anime's improvement? If you have the power, just email your words to Hata himself.
Apr 9, 2013 12:29 AM
Jul 2018
Really, Hata? Do you think that torturing Hayate like that will make this anime popular? Well, adding with that lame jokes in it, no one in this forum says that you have class.
Apr 9, 2013 2:11 AM

Feb 2008
That was a very meh start, though it was still better than the previous season.
Apr 9, 2013 2:21 AM

Mar 2012
Once again Hina showing who is the boss. And while I'm dissapointed that this is not Golden Week arc, loli A-tan is enough to make me sit and wait every episode.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 9, 2013 3:33 AM
Feb 2013
really, cool episode for new season

i like when hayate broke katsura-sensei's PSP
Apr 9, 2013 4:48 AM

Sep 2011
This is kinda meh as a first episode of this series. Though there are some grin-worthy on some parts.

Apr 9, 2013 5:31 AM

Nov 2009
Good to see another season of this series!!!

The only thing that worries me is how much it can confuse a lot of people especially those who don't read the manga as the plot has always been inconsistent in all of the seasons in terms of chronological order but nevertheless provides a good entertainment.

Art and Music somehow looks very cheap in my opinion and I just hope and no Kotoko just seems a bit off to me. Seems to me they are somehow forcing something in but I just don't get what is going through the staff/author's mind. Seems like I'll have to watch more before I make a fixed comment about this series!!

4/5

Apr 9, 2013 6:43 AM

Dec 2010
The things that actually made CTMEOY useful is the appearance of Nagi's dad and the appearance of the Black Camelia as first (and probably only) talked about here.

*WARNING* MANGA SPOILER

http://manga.redhawkscans.com/content/comics/hayate_no_gotoku_4e68169fe5ec9/_182_0__4e681b4c0b460/Hayate_182_06_RHS.png
Apr 9, 2013 7:41 AM

Jan 2008
I think I should go ahead and go read the manga before I watch anymore, haven't touched it in ages.

Not happy with the character design but eh, better than the previous one.
Apr 9, 2013 8:44 AM

Mar 2010
all I have to say is as someone who has watched the first two seasons and hates the shit that was season 3 I can not get into this animation style, it has completely ruined the feel of the series that the first 2 seasons brought to the table, by no means is this season bad it's just the animation that's hard to get into
Apr 9, 2013 9:22 AM

May 2008
I am confused , so confused , they totally skipped so much detail i wish they would at least give a recap on what happened and why they are living in another house now. J.C Staff please take Hayate back .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 9, 2013 9:42 AM

Apr 2013
I really liked the first 2 seasons... excited when I heard of a 3rd season but got disappointed... here got excited again hearing it will cover the manga but... It's just sad I'll have to leave another adaptation :( I really love HnG
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
Apr 9, 2013 2:02 PM

Feb 2010
These past two seasons have been 12 episodes each. Does anyone here who has read the manga honestly think that they can cram Golden Week (80+ Chapters) into 12 episodes without horribly condensing it? Not to mention they wouldn't just jump right into Golden Week. They'd probably cover Izumi's arc first.

This is the only real excuse I've got. Golden Week simply can't be animated well given 1 cour seasons.
Apr 9, 2013 3:14 PM

Sep 2011
bluewind43 said:
These past two seasons have been 12 episodes each. Does anyone here who has read the manga honestly think that they can cram Golden Week (80+ Chapters) into 12 episodes without horribly condensing it? Not to mention they wouldn't just jump right into Golden Week. They'd probably cover Izumi's arc first.

This is the only real excuse I've got. Golden Week simply can't be animated well given 1 cour seasons.

Not going to happen.
Apr 9, 2013 4:58 PM

May 2011
bluewind43 said:

It's called 2-cour, like what JC Staff did with Season 2
Apr 9, 2013 6:22 PM

Feb 2010
RockerXD said:
bluewind43 said:

It's called 2-cour, like what JC Staff did with Season 2
But it doesn't mean they've been given the opportunity for a 2-cour. If I was Hata and was told I was getting a 12 episode anime, I'd either turn it down or avoid doing Golden Week because there's just not enough time in 12 episodes.
Apr 9, 2013 11:23 PM

Mar 2013
Yes! I miss this series so much, it's awesome to see it back :)
Wtf Hayate sleeps one hour a day and he turns out normal when he wakes up?!? Is he even human???
Hahaha I couldn't stop laughing when Hayate tore the teacher's PSP in half XD
Apr 10, 2013 3:00 AM
Jan 2013
I'm starting to dislike this anime.
Apr 10, 2013 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
You know, guys. The REAL Hayate no Gotoku has ended a long time ago.The present ones are some pile of trash. Really, what is going on in Hata's mind? Why would he let the anime run by the wrong studio with the wrong director?
Apr 10, 2013 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
Read God's Rocket Punch, anyone? It sucks. I don't want that same thing to HnG.
Apr 10, 2013 9:54 AM

Apr 2013
This show is catering to manga readers?
Did Nagi & co just lost the mansion?
Apr 10, 2013 7:05 PM

Nov 2010
Ooooh boy.

Season 1 started at the beginning of the manga and went into its own direction at chapter... I don't know which.
Season 2 retconned most of the S1 and continued following manga, stopping at around chapter 150.
Then we got a movie which is placed AHEAD of manga... considering current pace of manga, around chapter 500.
Then we get S3 (Can't Take My Eyes Off You) which is placed EVEN FURTHER ahead, even though it looks completely unrelated to rest. Chapter 800? XD
And now we have Cuties which is back at around chapter 350, leaving in dust many comedy chapters (which Hayate is about) and two excellent serious plot arcs (Golden Week and End of the World).

Still, I'm glad that Hayate's back. HnG characters are not the ones you can dismiss easily.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Apr 10, 2013 8:08 PM

Feb 2013
Because of "cant take my eyes of you" i dont want to watch this series, anybody recomend this?
Apr 10, 2013 10:04 PM
Feb 2009
After four hecking months of waiting...
FINALLY!!! THE COMBAT BUTLER IS-COME-BACK-FOR-CUTIES!!!! *The Rock's comeback chant*

Okay, first of all the Hayate ep in this new season was so hilarious for me: from chasing against stray cats to as usual, girls surrounded him inside the Violet Mansion (and there's A-tan too!!!). The part when Ruka came out from the black car and...gave a DVD copy to Hayate, reminds me quite of CTMEOY's finale episode, plus the homesick part from Nagi to Kayura.

But the wackiest part of the episode was...HAYATE DESTROYED KATSURA-SENSEI'S PFP (PSP) WHILE TAKING THE EXAMS!!!!! I died laughing a lot, and finale part ft. Kayura...made him very unlucky as usual...

And!!! I almost forgot, Hermione is back in the CM segment!!~ Plus the opening by Hinagiku and the ending performed by Hayate. Looking forward for the next ep and it's Nagi's turn!
Apr 11, 2013 11:11 AM

Jun 2012
As I have been up to date on the Manga for quite a while, I can gladly say that I enjoyed this. Although it does feel like they gave the shaft to those who haven't read it.
Apr 11, 2013 5:40 PM

Sep 2008
Tasuku- said:
game8910 said:
ATHENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOW MUCH HAVE I WAITED FOR YOU!! ;A;

Me too TT.TT

A-taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan <33333

yeah...i too waited a lot...but i was kinda expecting...you know....the real 3rd season with the extremely cool and bold athena (not that i dislike this, but i've officially lost hopes for that to be animated)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 11, 2013 8:37 PM

Oct 2010
Even though they didn't animate the EOTW or Mykonos arc, it was still a decent first episode. Finally get to see A-tan (although her voice kinda bugs me and is way different from the flashback in season 2 but whatever) and the art improved a bit.
Apr 12, 2013 2:57 AM

Feb 2012
Not-so-bad but still...

Good thing they didn't messed up A-tan's character design too much though -_-
Apr 12, 2013 6:50 AM

Feb 2009

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Dù cho biển cạn núi mòn,
Server còn chạy, ta còn chơi game.
Apr 12, 2013 8:13 AM

Jan 2008
Wow ,this wasnt bad and actually a decent episode coming from the creator's of CTMEOY .A very encouraging start for this series.

Starting from the OP , it was quite nice but the abundance of Hinagiku was quite worrying .I really love Hina btw ,but it's still feeling a bit off .I know theyre just using her because she's the best character of them all ... but still...

A good introduction of our main character which is obviously Hayate , and those misfortune jokes about him never fail to give me a laugh or a smile ,even if just a lil .His routine work as a butler was nicely constructed and has already gave a reason why everyone loves him throughout the series.

A nice intro of the other characters , but A-tan suddenly appearing might be confusing for those who havent been reading the manga.But I guess she will be introduced better in her own episode , which is ep 3.

Those usual bathing pics, with no excessive skin was done nicely .Good for those screencaps as always .The usual Hayate antics ,mixed with those nice expression ,and the heavy underlying plot(which is still not hinted here) was what Hayate is really about .But I still would like a lil of a plot to be included in here ,like the one in the CTMEOY season about Nagi's father and the kurotsubaki . But I guess an episodic series wont have that much of a plot , sadly.

I enjoyed this episode , even if I already know what was going to happen sadly because I have read all of the manga .But adapting some parts of the manga wasnt that bad of a idea .But im still hoping that JC Staff,SynergySP or someone would be able to adapt the best arc of Hayate so far namely the End of the World arc , etc .

Looking at those character designs , it's quite an improvement compared to CTMEOY . Which is a big OK from me .But what still bugs me a lil was Hina being at the center of it all ,giving her the false impression that she is the main heroine of this anime .

oh and looking forward more of this anime .
archer_shirou01Apr 12, 2013 8:17 AM
Apr 12, 2013 9:03 AM

Apr 2009
A nice episode overall.
Far cry from the trainwreck of CTMEOY.

Still, Hata, where the heck is my End of the World arc?
Apr 12, 2013 1:14 PM

Mar 2012
As long as there's Hina and A-Tan = keep watching
Keep moving forward
Apr 12, 2013 4:30 PM

Mar 2012
Glad to see another seaon of Hayate no Gotoku... because lets be honest Hayate is funny :P
Apr 14, 2013 4:10 AM

Nov 2010
I stopped reading the manga a while ago (at the Ruka arc I think), but I still pretty much know what's going on. Wasn't a bad episode, much better than the "third season", but it's still nowhere near the level of the second (or even the first). I too hope J.C. Staff will take back the rights to Hayate one day.
Apr 14, 2013 5:18 AM
Feb 2013
Oh, it's here and everyone lives in Nagi's dorm.
Apr 15, 2013 7:45 PM

Jun 2010
A-TAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN

Apr 17, 2013 12:31 AM

Jan 2012
did i forgot who are these "new" characters and why are they living in one roof because of the disastrous last season? It was so bad that no one is willing to sub this properly.

Isumi and Sakuya = money. Hopefully they have bigger roles this season.

its the first episode so can't say much rather than so far so good...
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 18, 2013 6:51 PM
Feb 2013
It was ok to me, some jokes hit spot, but yeah.. it was not that good compared to season 1

lol, i miss that narrator guy too! XD
©Falling-In-Hate and the respected owners

Apr 19, 2013 11:32 AM
Nov 2011
I liked the last season well enough. This episode seemed to have a theme to it, I just don't feel it's up to previous chapters in the anime. Will watch more though just because its Hayate
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
May 4, 2013 12:57 AM

Oct 2012
OP is good, but I still like the previous season though...

Wait, so much skipping?
How did they end in that old apartement?
Where is Athena come from suddenly?
And now Ruka is Hayate&Nagi's friend?

So much for someone didn't read the manga >_<

Also, I'll miss Ruri a bit...
"Signature removed"
May 19, 2013 10:54 AM

Mar 2013
@Ray_Light: I also enjoyed Can't Take My Eyes Off You (unlike a lot of people it seems).
I think the basic story for when Cuties is set is that Nagi ended up losing her inheritance due to Hayate and so is living at that apartment place temporarily. And they decided to get some money by renting it out, with Hayate working as the official butler there. So everyone else is also living there due to various circumstances.
As for Athena, she somehow lost her "power" (resulting in her child-like appearance), and the key to regaining it is to stay with Hinagiku for at least 3 months (due to her possessing the Shirosakura sword).
And Ruka has had various meetings with Hayate (who saved her a few times) and Nagi and stuff happened and they became friends lol.

About the episode:
I lolled when Hayate lost his patience and snapped that PFP/PSP.
Nice that everyone made him dinner in the end.
Overall, it's a good start. Looking forward to Athena, Hinagiku and Ruka's episodes.

Does anyone think Nagi sounds a bit different? I can't put my finger on what it is, but there's a slightly different quality to Kugimiya Rie's voice compared to previous seasons.
Jun 6, 2013 3:01 PM

Nov 2009
Hayate only slept an hour from 3:30 - 4:30... I don't even... XD
Jun 10, 2013 6:56 AM

Oct 2012
SeitenSoushi said:
@Ray_Light: I also enjoyed Can't Take My Eyes Off You (unlike a lot of people it seems).
I think the basic story for when Cuties is set is that Nagi ended up losing her inheritance due to Hayate and so is living at that apartment place temporarily. And they decided to get some money by renting it out, with Hayate working as the official butler there. So everyone else is also living there due to various circumstances.
As for Athena, she somehow lost her "power" (resulting in her child-like appearance), and the key to regaining it is to stay with Hinagiku for at least 3 months (due to her possessing the Shirosakura sword).
And Ruka has had various meetings with Hayate (who saved her a few times) and Nagi and stuff happened and they became friends lol.

I lolled when Hayate lost his patience and snapped that PFP/PSP.

Thank you random guy that read HnG manga XD
Also, it's always PFP like TWGOK

MagicFlier said:
Hayate only slept an hour from 3:30 - 4:30... I don't even... XD

Better than not sleeping :)
"Signature removed"
Jun 24, 2013 6:49 PM

Mar 2013
Ray_Light said:
Thank you random guy that read HnG manga XD
Also, it's always PFP like TWGOK

No problem ;)

Btw, who's that in your forum GIF (with the blue hair)?
Jul 9, 2013 10:38 AM

May 2012
Hayate is back :D awesome, this first episode was already epic as ever! Really going to like this season as well, so lets see what it has to offer this time!
Jul 20, 2013 5:23 PM
Apr 2011
Is Hayate a binbougami?
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Aug 14, 2013 9:06 PM
Feb 2009
Boba_Fett said:
Hayate is back :D awesome, this first episode was already epic as ever! Really going to like this season as well, so lets see what it has to offer this time!

I already done with Cuties though, so I wouldn't have to spoil you up too much. Anyways, keep enjoy watch it because many surprises will install for you. *U*
Oct 6, 2013 3:23 AM

Jan 2011
Ugh I can't keep up with this. Too many developments for a non-manga reader like me... I only know roughly how they ended up like this from spoilers here and there, if not I would be completely lost.

Gonna keep watching this and hopefully they'll provide some backstory or something.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jun 26, 2023 1:55 PM

Nov 2010
14:10 I'd love to see Maria in that outfit!

Are they sleeping only a few hours a day? That's crazy. If I did that, I'd be dead by now.

I appreciate the plentiful Hinagiku scenes and fanservice as a bonus. I wish I could lick every inch of her body after that run. Hinagiku's sweaty body must taste so good!

Hayate is both unlucky and lucky at the same time. I wouldn't mind living his life, tbh.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Hayate the combat butler season 5??

chrisedmonds - May 5, 2017

19 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 16, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2013

60 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 30, 2023 7:30 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2013

32 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 30, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2013

39 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 30, 2023 5:55 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2013

25 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 27, 2023 1:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.