3It was OK
18.9%
2Disliked it
7.8%
1Hated it
1.1%
Average 4.1
90 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 8, 2013 10:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, Hinagiku is in this and makes her appearance in the beginning. Too bad she looks a bit tired ;.; GAME BATTLE. Well, I guess this girl is kinda cute:

Wait a minute, is this Athena? Whoa.

Anyways, nice to see this back actually and I heard the series will cover every major character.
Apr 8, 2013 10:03 AM
Dec 2012
It was meh and silly. But it was enjoyable cuz they were hilarious and entertaining. Like a lot of other anime, it was a good one to laugh at.
Apr 8, 2013 10:11 AM

Nov 2007
ATHENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOW MUCH HAVE I WAITED FOR YOU!! ;A;

This episode was mostly content taken from different manga chapters, however this was actually good and it was very fun to watch. Hell this episode alone was funnier than 90% of CTMEOY.

I am hopeful for this anime again, so far Cuties feels like a true Hayate anime.

PS: Did anyone notice they were using PFPs and not PSPs? All these Hayate/TWGOK collabs make me smile.
Apr 8, 2013 10:32 AM

Dec 2011
game8910 said:
ATHENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOW MUCH HAVE I WAITED FOR YOU!! ;A;

Me too TT.TT

A-taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan <33333
Apr 8, 2013 11:29 AM

May 2012
YYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! TT^TT
Finally a real manga adaption TToTT and it's SOOOO much better then the 3rd season X)
I'm happy HnG is finally back :) and I hope it'll be just as awesome in the next episodes ^^
beep
Apr 8, 2013 11:33 AM

Sep 2011
Are they actually adapting the manga this time? Because it seems like it as a Manga reader of Hayate.

HNGGG A-tan
TyrelApr 8, 2013 11:38 AM
Apr 8, 2013 11:46 AM

Jan 2011
They aren't following the manga. She is just included. That's it. It's anime "original"...it is a sequel to the horrible last season after all so how can it be a true manga adaptation. Long story short, still waiting for the official S3.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-03-05/new-hayate-changes-main-lead-and-ending-song-in-each-episode

And I still can't get behind the Manglobe character design. Still.
IZEROIIApr 8, 2013 11:50 AM
Apr 8, 2013 11:49 AM

Sep 2011
IZEROII said:
They aren't following the manga. She is just included. That's it. It's anime "original"...it is a sequel to the horrible last season after all so how it be a true manga adaptation. Long story short, still waiting for the official S3.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-03-05/new-hayate-changes-main-lead-and-ending-song-in-each-episode

Nooo. Oh well, though I do remember this from the Manga.
TyrelApr 8, 2013 11:53 AM
Apr 8, 2013 11:53 AM
Mar 2012
IZEROII said:
They aren't following the manga. She is just included. That's it. It's anime "original"...it is a sequel to the horrible last season after all so how can it be a true manga adaptation. Long story short, still waiting for the official S3.

What are you talking about "She is just included"?

This episode itself is taken from some chapters of the manga between chapter 300-400.
Apr 8, 2013 11:55 AM

Sep 2011
melina_putri said:
IZEROII said:

This episode itself is taken from some chapters of the manga between chapter 300-400.

Yep, to be exact 352-353. http://mangafox.me/manga/hayate_no_gotoku/v33/c352/10.html
TyrelApr 8, 2013 11:59 AM
Apr 8, 2013 12:21 PM

Jan 2011
melina_putri said:
IZEROII said:

That still doesn't mean this is the true manga adaptation we have been waiting for. It's not surprising to me if some content pops up here and there. It's disjointed. Filler non the less.
Apr 8, 2013 12:31 PM

Aug 2010
Oh Hayate, how much misfortune can u withstand XD
And damn he's a superhuman sleeping only 1 hour a day O_O

Hina was cute...Missed her :) Seeing Ruka was nice as well.

But most importantly...A-taaaaaaaaaaaan <3 Oh how I want to see ur arc animated T_T
Why the hell don't they adapt her arc if their using stuff from the manga anyway?!?!?!?!

Oh and loved that ED :D
Apr 8, 2013 12:33 PM

Sep 2012
It's always nice to see Hina again! :) mild parody detected too! and looks like A-tan finally made another anime appearance :D
Apr 8, 2013 1:08 PM

Apr 2011
I remember when they printed the chapter(s)? this episode was based on. it was funny when I read it, here it felt boring since I already knew what was going to happen. That scene where he breaks the PSP is hilarious.

I noticed Lynn in the intro, I hope he gets an appearance since he is one of the funnier characters in the series.

However this was better then last season so far, but I really wish Hayate would go back to the way things were before Nagi lost her money.
Apr 8, 2013 1:11 PM

Feb 2010
IZEROII said:
melina_putri said:
IZEROII said:

That still doesn't mean this is the true manga adaptation we have been waiting for. It's not surprising to me if some content pops up here and there. It's disjointed. Filler non the less.

If Cuties goes on as it has, it is just going to take the small comedy stories from the Hayate chapters and turn them into episodic uh.... episodes. Which is fine as it's how the anime started as well as more or less, the true nature of the Hayate manga. If you read Hayate solely for the underlying story

Then you're reading Hayate for the wrong reasons. Hayate will always continue to be filled with random comedy chapters. So to call Cuties a bunch of filler is kind of true, but that's only because a lot of Hayate chapters are "filler" too. That's the nature of Hayate. While there will be a few inconsistencies such as Klaus working at the apartments, you should allow yourself to enjoy Cuties. They're doing a pretty good job so far. Also they really improved their character designs, thank goodness.
Apr 8, 2013 1:16 PM

Feb 2010
I know I just made an argument post, but I did want to say good job to Manglobe. They really did a whole lot better with this episode. Better character design, nice mindless comedy pulled straight from the manga, and it has that Hayate feel again. I'm still a little bothered by the fact that golden week was skipped, but let's face it. Unless Hayate gets a 24-26 episode season, they can't animate golden week without horribly condensing it.

My only complaint besides what I just said is that the opening promoted Hinagiku as the main heroine. Don't get me wrong, I love Hinagiku (it's in my sig :P). It's just that she's not the main heroine. Nagi is. Hinagiku is the most popular, which is cool. I didn't complain about her getting an ending in season 2 as a result, especially since it was all her. The opening puts her in the main heroine slot though, and that honestly just doesn't sit well with me.

But I digress, keep up the good work Manglobe. I'm actually pretty excited about Cuties.
Apr 8, 2013 1:29 PM
Jun 2012
A lot better than I expected. Nagi and A-tan were just simply adorable, Hayate and his misfortune as hilarious as in the original, and Katsura-sensei's idiotic self as hilarious as always as well.

Only problem I had was the Hina excess, but besides that loved it
Apr 8, 2013 1:34 PM

Jan 2009
Way better than I expected. Great chapters to start a series with.

Also damn, Kawasumi Ayako's voice for loli A-tan is so different than her usual tone. Couldn't believe it was her until the credits rolled.
Apr 8, 2013 1:46 PM

Jun 2011
It was a funny episode but it is just going to be episodic and when there is the Athena arc just sitting about waiting to be animated it is such a damn waste. I do not know why they wont animate it, maybe because there was some more story based stuff leading up to it and they think there is to much to go through before reaching it? Though everything leading up to the Athena arc and the Athena arc is better than Manglobe has ever done with this series and better than anything that happens in the manga after. Hayate has declined and stagnated really since the Athena arc in the manga it seems to not know where to go. Athena arc was the was probably the best the Hayate manga ever was and the stuff before it was good as well, everything since has been weak or lacking really.

I just want the manga back to what it once was and for there to be a decent anime adaption of it picking up where JC staff left off. JC staff should of let this go and let Manglobe get their claws into it they are nothing but toxic for this franchise i still have no idea how this got another series with Manglobe and the same director heading it the sales for it were horrible.
DragoonDeusApr 8, 2013 2:10 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Apr 8, 2013 1:55 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Well, at least that was better than the utter pile of crap that was the previous season.

I'm still not sold on it though, I'll have to see what episode 2 is like. Lots of Hina, which is good, but no KOTOKO at all which is just as disappointing as last time. The Hayate anime really isn't what it used to be. Aka good.

I think the ED sucks, too. The next ep will have to be amazing.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 8, 2013 1:58 PM

Jul 2009
as a non manga reader, who the hell is that tiny girl
and why is she so tiny?!?!
Apr 8, 2013 2:00 PM

Jun 2011
cyruz said:
Well, at least that was better than the utter pile of crap that was the previous season.

I'm still not sold on it though, I'll have to see what episode 2 is like. Lots of Hina, which is good, but no KOTOKO at all which is just as disappointing as last time. The Hayate anime really isn't what it used to be. Aka good.

I think the ED sucks, too. The next ep will have to be amazing.

The end was disgustingly cheap and half assed if they can not afford to do it properly because they are doing a new end each episode then they should of stuck to 1. That white maze shortcut they used to get around doing an actually ending was pathetic and silhouettes were just more corner cutting.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Apr 8, 2013 2:01 PM

Sep 2011
Kurogashi said:

You're joking, right? She doesn't resemble anyone you know.

Anyways saying anymore would spoil parts of manga.
Apr 8, 2013 2:08 PM

Nov 2007
Kurogashi said:

She is the 2nd most popular character in the series. The one character that has been shafted the most by the anime by completely skipping her true introduction and story arc (which is almost 100 chapters worth of content).
Apr 8, 2013 2:30 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode. Glad to see that Hayate no Gotoku returns.

I want more Hinagiku!!!! C:
Apr 8, 2013 2:41 PM

Feb 2010
Tyrel said:
Kurogashi said:

Now that's not fair. Not everyone knows about her. Her only appearances in the series were a flashback that was less than 5 seconds, and 1 picture in the movie. That's not sufficient for anything.
Apr 8, 2013 2:43 PM

Jan 2008
yay! Finally my weekly dose of Hina is back~!
Apr 8, 2013 2:57 PM

Sep 2011
bluewind43 said:
Tyrel said:
Kurogashi said:

Now that's not fair. Not everyone knows about her. Her only appearances in the series were a flashback that was less than 5 seconds, and 1 picture in the movie. That's not sufficient for anything.

I didn't mean to come off harsh, but you're right. I guess it would be hard to tell.
Apr 8, 2013 3:05 PM

Mar 2013
That certainly was a pretty enjoyable episode. Going back to the episodic comedy format Hayate built on was not a bad move. There was also a clear indication of the increased level of Hinagiku involvement there (which is a great thing for me, and other Hina fans, for certain. After all, her popularity with the fans is at quite a level that Manglobe would be dumb to ignore it, something they did in CTMEOY).

in general, I would say the character designs have improved, but not to the extent that they are visibly noticeable. It still pales compared to J.C Staff's animation, and even SynergySp's, but in comparison with CTMEOY, it's an improvement. In particular, I noticed how Hinagiku got quite a brushing up from the studio, as did some other characters, although something feels quite weird about Maria's eyes.

At any rate, if Manglobe keeps this anime the way it has for this 1st episode, we can at least expect a rather decent season that basically emulates the first season, albeit with the 'Romantic Comedy' element thrown in. (Except that 1st ED. That was just pretty bad)
Divin3Wind_Apr 8, 2013 3:08 PM
Apr 8, 2013 3:06 PM

Jan 2010
So... You're just gonna throw Athena to the plot without any backstory or explanation? Cool.
And you're sticking with those horrible character designs? Cool.
Oh, and maybe you're expecting your viewers to read whole shitload of manga to understand, well, ANYTHING? Cool.
Also, you decided to make this series as unfunny as possible?
COOL.
Holy crap, I laughed 1 or 2 times during the entire episode! What the hell happened? Hayate no Gotoku is supposed to make me burst with unstoppable laughter, like it did in the first two seasons! What the hell is this? When did Hayate become as funny as Spelunker-sensei, for f*ck's sake!?
I wouldn't be THAT much pissed off if it was some new, unknown series, but this is Hayate no F*ckin' Gotoku, one of the funniest and most entertaining series I've ever watched! What's become of this?
UGH.
In times like this, I wish Hell actually existed, cause everybody responsible for this crap should burn there forever.
And you, Masashi Kudo, deserve special place in there.
ecouteApr 8, 2013 3:15 PM
Apr 8, 2013 3:11 PM

Nov 2012
I WENT SUPER SAIYAN WHEN I SAW that THE EPISODE 1 WAS AIRED... and after watching it I was like, meh... nothing really changed to better imo :p
I want that narrator dude, better jokes and Kimama soundtrack played ocasionally! At least at the beginning of the episode!
But still, even unsatisfied, I will remain faithful. :/
Art should be left alone by those unenlightened, raw and uncensored as it is, because enough refinement was already done by it's creator, in it's creation.
Apr 8, 2013 3:54 PM

May 2012
Firstly, I am a manga reader, so I'm quite up and up on what's happened so far.

Secondly, I LOVED Can't take my eyes off you. It is actually my favorite arc in a Hayate work ever.

Thirdly Tsugumi is my favorite Hayate character ever. Ayumu's my favorite out of the recurring characters setup.

Fourth, I'm not a huge fan of Hinagiku. I do like her, but there are a lot of other characters that get precedence over her.

All of these influence how I enjoy the season.

Okay, that out of the way, this episode started REAAALLLLY slow. But, about halfway through it got really entertaining! Though, it still didn't top CTMEOY's first episode. Still, I feel like this should be enjoyable. Too much Hinagiku again. That always seems to happen :( Really hoping that they don't outshine other people's arcs with her. It happens too often. I'm really sad that Tsugumi seems like she won't be making an appearance as well T_T Though, as some are saying it seems like this is set before CTMEOY, so I guess that's to be expected. I do agree with them though, it doesn't really fit the timeline being after the previous season.

Looking forward to nex week's episode! Maybe because it's about Nagi we'll be able to clear up when exactly this one is taking place.
Apr 8, 2013 4:30 PM

Feb 2010
vampko said:
Firstly, I am a manga reader, so I'm quite up and up on what's happened so far.

Secondly, I LOVED Can't take my eyes off you. It is actually my favorite arc in a Hayate work ever.

Thirdly Tsugumi is my favorite Hayate character ever. Ayumu's my favorite out of the recurring characters setup.

Fourth, I'm not a huge fan of Hinagiku. I do like her, but there are a lot of other characters that get precedence over her.

All of these influence how I enjoy the season.

Okay, that out of the way, this episode started REAAALLLLY slow. But, about halfway through it got really entertaining! Though, it still didn't top CTMEOY's first episode. Still, I feel like this should be enjoyable. Too much Hinagiku again. That always seems to happen :( Really hoping that they don't outshine other people's arcs with her. It happens too often. I'm really sad that Tsugumi seems like she won't be making an appearance as well T_T Though, as some are saying it seems like this is set before CTMEOY, so I guess that's to be expected. I do agree with them though, it doesn't really fit the timeline being after the previous season.

Looking forward to nex week's episode! Maybe because it's about Nagi we'll be able to clear up when exactly this one is taking place.
Concerning your spoiler section, I highly doubt it would be included. Considering the format of the anime, there's gonna be a bare minimum of plot in Cuties.
Apr 8, 2013 5:00 PM

Aug 2011
The style of humor wasn't for me. I felt like a lot of the side characters are not necessary, and instead they just tell repeated jokes. I'll drop this one for now.
Apr 8, 2013 5:17 PM

Nov 2007
Hayate's life includes tending for everyone in the dorm and not having time for himself. That includes series of misfortune.

lol @ Monster Hantou (Monster Hunter?), Isumi and teacher.

Athena is already there.

Hayate's ED! "Heroine wa Koko ni Iru! (ヒロインはここにいる!)"
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 8, 2013 5:56 PM

Jan 2011
Tyrel said:
bluewind43 said:
Tyrel said:
Kurogashi said:

I didn't mean to come off harsh, but you're right. I guess it would be hard to tell.
Hey i'm in the same boat too i have no clue who the loliloli is hell i still don't even know why their all living together..i really should finish up those other 2 seasons.

this seemed better than whatever you wanna call that 3rd season within both art and humor.
Apr 8, 2013 6:11 PM

May 2011
They introduce Athena, but they keep neglecting the End of the World arc, LOGICS TOO STRONG
Apr 8, 2013 6:11 PM

Apr 2011
katsu044 said:
Tyrel said:
bluewind43 said:
Tyrel said:
Kurogashi said:

Hey i'm in the same boat too i have no clue who the loliloli is hell i still don't even know why their all living together..i really should finish up those other 2 seasons.

this seemed better than whatever you wanna call that 3rd season within both art and humor.

lol that ain't gonna help you.

you'd need to read most of the manga to understand that.
Apr 8, 2013 7:02 PM

Sep 2011
katsu044 said:
Tyrel said:
bluewind43 said:
Tyrel said:
Kurogashi said:

That won't help you. They literally took Pages 352-353 from Manga and slapped it into this episode. The Season 2 Anime ended at around page 147
Apr 8, 2013 7:06 PM

Oct 2012
Tyrel said:
katsu044 said:
Tyrel said:
bluewind43 said:
Tyrel said:
Kurogashi said:

That won't help you. They literally took Pages 352-353 from Manga and slapped it into this episode. The Season 2 Anime ended at around page 147
Yeah, they skipped a lot of stuff from the manga just because of "can't take my eyes off you." right now, you won't be able to connect this season with the other seasons unless you read the manga. It's hard to call this a "true" sequel, even though it follows tha manga
Apr 8, 2013 7:20 PM

Sep 2012
It's nice that they're going back to the manga.

Though the huge time skip in-between the seasons means someone watching this pretty much has to read the manga to know what's going on.
PortalityApr 8, 2013 7:25 PM
So long as you yourself enjoy it, what does the thoughts of others matter to you?
Apr 8, 2013 7:26 PM

Sep 2011
Portality said:
It's nice that they're going back to the manga.

Though the huge time skip in-between the seasons means someone watching this pretty much has to read the manga to know what's going on.

Yeah, exactly. Which means they're failing at adapting a series in a way. You don't just pull a big fucking skip and then show it in an anime. If they're going to follow through with the manga aka adapting some chapters randomly it's just blah.

But hey, I guess this series is just all random anyways because we know they're changing each episode for a different character.
Apr 8, 2013 7:33 PM

Jan 2011
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Tyrel said:
katsu044 said:
Tyrel said:
bluewind43 said:
Tyrel said:
Kurogashi said:

Yeah, they skipped a lot of stuff from the manga just because of "can't take my eyes off you." right now, you won't be able to connect this season with the other seasons unless you read the manga. It's hard to call this a "true" sequel, even though it follows tha manga
ugh well guess i might as well read it when i get a chance,hearing this leaves me even more confused as to why they keep taking random parts and not sticking to the manga.
Apr 8, 2013 7:35 PM

Jan 2011
wow i had a bad feeling and i was right. personally this anime is just turned shitty after season 2 and this proved me right. will stick with it until its unbearable
this is my god damn signature.
Apr 8, 2013 8:03 PM

Dec 2012
Is there actually going to be some kind of plot this season?
Anyway, way better than the 3rd season, I'm so happy they changed the art for this season, last season's art was trash..
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Apr 8, 2013 8:45 PM

Apr 2011
OK how the crap does Athena and Ruka appear out of nowhere and know who Hayate is? Let alone have any development or introduction to the viewers who haven't read the manga? How the crap did Ruka meet Hayate anyways? I know Athena is an ex but that's it.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Apr 8, 2013 8:58 PM

Feb 2008
No Wakamoto = no good :<
Apr 8, 2013 9:13 PM
Aug 2009
A-tannnnnnnnnnnnn <3

Overall pretty funny episode and enjoyable.

The animation seems to be a bit better than season 3 which is good.
Apr 8, 2013 9:15 PM

Apr 2012
Uhh, that was terrible.
Apr 8, 2013 9:16 PM

May 2011
BULLDOG266 said:
OK how the crap does Athena and Ruka appear out of nowhere and know who Hayate is? Let alone have any development or introduction to the viewers who haven't read the manga? How the crap did Ruka meet Hayate anyways? I know Athena is an ex but that's it.

Because adapting the Golden Week arc and the End of the World arc is clearly stupid to do
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Hayate the combat butler season 5??

chrisedmonds - May 5, 2017

19 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 16, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2013

60 by MxS7HGS »»
Jun 30, 2023 7:30 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2013

32 by MxS7HGS »»
Jun 30, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2013

39 by MxS7HGS »»
Jun 30, 2023 5:55 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2013

25 by MxS7HGS »»
Jun 27, 2023 1:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.