Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (32) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2013 6:43 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Amarrez said:
Guys, Eren is a brat for a reason.

Next episode we get

Exactly :) I'm getting a little pissed over people calling Eren a brat...and half because they don't like Kaji Yuki's voice. I'm sure it'll get better, since

^I guess this is a spoiler...though like other people said, it's fairly obvious.
Anyways, loved the first episode, extremely intense, and the animation is very faithful to the mangaka's art style. The titans were atrocious as they should be, and even scarier than reading the manga. I love the attention the animators put into details of the eyes, it looks very pretty.They did very well with the overall tone and the feelings of fear and despair. Seriously, I cried at that last scene when Karla was being left behind, her conflict of wanting to save the children yet not wanting die. Btw, that intro in itself was just too awesome for words. Although it was slightly cheesy at the part when all them jumped up (holy there were a lot), it also gave me goosebumps. Overall, wonderful introduction to the series.
Apr 6, 2013 6:44 PM

Jan 2013
SO EPIC, SOOOO EPIC

EPICCCC!!!!! XDD
Apr 6, 2013 6:48 PM

Jan 2013
Quickly creamed myself. Then left me depressed
Now I'm so excited and sad. This anime is very eerie and I wants more.
Apr 6, 2013 6:50 PM

Sep 2012
BentoLegend said:
Quickly creamed myself. Then left me depressed
Now I'm so excited and sad. This anime is very eerie and I wants more.

Why do you need a spoiler tab when this is a discussion for the episode?

Amazing first episode, great animation, amazing soundtrack.

Thank you Production I.G, Hiroyuki Sawano and Tetsurou Araki
Apr 6, 2013 6:55 PM

Aug 2011
OMFG this anime man.. i was depressed at the shitty ep1 ive seen so far in the releases of this season, but this episode made me forget everything... I F*CKIN LOVE IT
Apr 6, 2013 6:58 PM

Jan 2008
I love the character design and those smiles were insane.

Apr 6, 2013 6:59 PM

Jul 2011
If I.G can maintain the caliber of cinematography & mood that it exhibited in the pilot, this'll probably be one of the season's best shows. The soundtrack's by Sawano, it's essentially hermetic in that category [Guy did the soundtrack to Ao no Exorcist and Guilty Crown -- people berate those shows for their storyline, never their soundtrack]. The only worries stem from whether I.G. can maintain this, and whether they decide to go for a faithful, cliffhanger-isque ending, or an original one.
Apr 6, 2013 7:00 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Seeing it animated was better than the manga chapter when I initially read it.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 6, 2013 7:00 PM

Oct 2011
I can't wait to be honest, gonna start reading the manga tomorrow ... screw the one week wait!
Apr 6, 2013 7:03 PM

May 2012
its finally here
ive re-read the manga 3 times already
im so fucking happy
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Apr 6, 2013 7:04 PM

Nov 2011
AMAZING! Episode
5/5
Apr 6, 2013 7:13 PM
Dec 2011
Wow the art work is one thing that struck me right away when i first started this episode. This is on par, in fact i would say levels above recent anime movie releases. Animation was superfluid character design and colors were fantastic.

THIS FIRST EPISODE DID NOT DISAPPOINT!

I am so pumped for the rest of this season. I've had so many disappointing shows recently end, cough cough robotics notes.

This will make up for that! GAWD THIS IS SO EPIC

EPICCCCC
Apr 6, 2013 7:14 PM

Aug 2011
Fantastic start for this show. True to the manga, great animation and the OST is brilliant. This is going to be one hell of a ride. Hopefully someone else than gg will sub this. I noticed a fair share of mistakes... Luckily I'm up to date with the manga, so it doesn't matter.
Apr 6, 2013 7:15 PM

Jul 2012
First Impression.

HOLY SHIT

Story / Content

Very interesting indeed. well done pacing and introduction. We learn about the world and the characters.
Dat ending.

The only thing I will most likely complain about is the violence and gore... well I hope my stomach can take it.

Animation

Fresh and interesting style. These think outlines and the heavy use of black stripes shading really are cool looking.
Overall this anime looks damn sexy.
Amazing backgrounds. Amazing character designs. Amazing animation.
op notch IG is really reliable for the most part when it comes to animation.

Sound

Great soundtrack in this ep, well fitting VA and overall good atmosphere.
The OP was okay.. probably the only thing I couldn't really get into.

Characters

MC is likable. His sister mysterious and also seems like a likable character.
The other ones seemed important as well. Good cast so far. Will see more later.

Enjoyment

Despite the heavy ending I enjoyed this greatly. Really looking forward to the next episode.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Apr 6, 2013 7:16 PM

Oct 2010
pretty good translation from manga!
Signature Removed
Apr 6, 2013 7:16 PM

Nov 2012
YEAH my body is ready!! I really expect something beyond my expectation and hope the quality lasts till the end!!
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Apr 6, 2013 7:17 PM

Dec 2009
Crazy EPISODE. MY goodness. Anime of the Year right here. HOLY CRAP. Words cannot describe how epic this was.
Apr 6, 2013 7:17 PM

Jun 2012
I'm optimistic after this premiere but keeping my expectations in check

I like the art style and the world itself. The bolded lines help accentuate the kind of world they live in with humanity at its last stand. The world itself has that dark fantasy appeal too I'm particular too.

As for Eren, seems like one of KajiKaji's more nuanced roles instead of his usual beta characters he gets. Hopefully the show can keep up the atmosphere it sets and push it even further as seen in the trailer
HybridMBLApr 6, 2013 7:27 PM
Apr 6, 2013 7:18 PM

Nov 2012
Amazing episode. Best start of the season, no question.

Some people thought the kid was bratty, didn't come across that way to me at all. Just seemed like he has some convictions and takes them quite seriously. Tough to see that happen to his mom, really felt bad for him and his foster sister.

Really looking forward to the rest of this series.
Apr 6, 2013 7:19 PM

Feb 2008
LOOKS FREAKEN AMAZING!!!!
Apr 6, 2013 7:21 PM

Jun 2010
Amazing first episode. Adaptation was spot to the manga, definitely looking forward to the rest of this.
Apr 6, 2013 7:28 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was perfection, plain and simple.
Apr 6, 2013 7:35 PM

Nov 2007
Best first episode of the season?! Are you guys kidding me! Best first episode of the year damnit!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 6, 2013 7:36 PM
Jul 2012
one of the best things i have ever seen
Oct 2009
Holy crap was that awesome!!! I expected this to be good, but man that was epically beyond anything I'd imagined! First off, the opening is like a masterpiece of its own. And the art, the animation, the tension, the music, everything was top-notch! Those giants look so freakin creepy and they do feel huge! And I can't get enough of their natural sadistic smiles lol! If they keep this up, that's a 10 for me!

Jul 2012

I was grinning so damn hard at this point knowing what was coming XD
Apr 6, 2013 7:37 PM

Mar 2011
Awesome start
The animation, art and music were excellent
I felt chills and couldn't took my eyes off the monitor
5/5
Apr 6, 2013 7:38 PM

Oct 2011
lanfire said:

I was grinning so damn hard at this point knowing what was coming XD

Yeah, that was really predictable.
Apr 6, 2013 7:39 PM

Jul 2012
Phenomenal start. The soundtrack really adds to the desperate situation. You can feel the despair. Sawano Hiroyuki does it again.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Apr 6, 2013 7:50 PM

Dec 2010
Holy shit, what an impressive opening episode. I really wanna watch the rest of the show now, and I'm actually tempted to read the manga just so I can know what will happen next.
Apr 6, 2013 7:51 PM

Apr 2012
Argh... This anime is so good.

That final scene had me clenching my teeth, it was so hard to watch as the Eren's mother was picked up by the titan. As much as she wanted to save Mikasa and Eren, she also wanted to be saved. Hannes wasn't entirely to blame for what he did. All the "Wall Menders" had never actually fought against the Titans, or so is my understanding. To him, the Titan was too scary.

I am going to start reading the manga soon. I can't wait for the next episode.

Great Opening, and awesome animation and art style.
Apr 6, 2013 7:52 PM

Aug 2012
Incredible art and animation really some of the best I've seen ever. Just great, I also love the scene were the soldier was going to face the giant to protect Eren , Mikasa and Eren's mother but then realized he had no chance, gave a nice impression of danger. Isn't the biggest one a titan and the smaller (still big) ones Giants? There's a huge difference in size between them so I figured they'd be named differently.

8/10 so far, I don't know enough about where the story is going to go to rate it higher, but I expect it will be deserving of higher.
Apr 6, 2013 7:54 PM
Oct 2010
Great start, followed the manga to!
Apr 6, 2013 7:56 PM

Jun 2010
That was a fantastic, 10/10 ost, animation, art, voicing, suspense, and basically everything including the subtle censoring (it was like it wasn't even there). The titans were terrifying frankly. The last scene made me shed a few tears. But I will not give into the hype yet. Last time I did, it was SAO.

Anyway, yes, either way, I am really fucking excited for the next episode. I am going to keep my average expectations and hopefully be pleasantly surprised.
Apr 6, 2013 7:57 PM

Apr 2012
Anime's okay. Hopefully it won't devolve into the cesspool known as SAO.
I enjoyed this first episode, and that is one fine OP.
I could tell what was going to happen though. It was rather obvious.
I am looking forward to the next episode.
"The moment 'pride' is lost, 'freedom' is also lost" - Ramza Beoulve, Final Fantasy Tactics

Apr 6, 2013 8:00 PM

Feb 2012
Holy mother of God that was crazy, and disturbing wow, they gave that poor mother a hand of her lost son wtf, but then the ending, daaaaaaaaaaamn.

Great first episode.
Apr 6, 2013 8:02 PM

May 2011
The censorship wasn't so bad and good episode overall. The OP was great.
Apr 6, 2013 8:03 PM

Jul 2010
wow that was fun

hope thy can maintain the quality till the end, even just part of it
Apr 6, 2013 8:03 PM

Oct 2011
Great adaptation so far. The animation looks nice and I'm glad they didn't censor the gore. The soundtrack also sounds quite epic. I can only hope the rest of the series will continue to deliver as the first episode did.

Apr 6, 2013 8:06 PM
Dec 2012
Shingeki no Kyojin is the funniest anime so far this season.
When random guard leader gave that civilian her son/husband's mutilated arm, was bat s*** hilarious. You got to be the most heinous fiend on planet F***ing earth to do s*** like that: "I can't find my husband!" "let me give you a hand" XD
The main characters is so freaking hilarious, their dialogue is just amazing.
Apr 6, 2013 8:07 PM

Dec 2011
Oh God yes. This anime gave me the goosebumps... that means this is freakin good!!!!! The animation is a little grim... but it just fits the tone of the series!

Can't wait to see what this series would bring!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2013 8:07 PM

Jan 2013
Best anime of spring 2013, confirmed.
Apr 6, 2013 8:08 PM

Jun 2012
Perfect adaptation. Going to be looking forward to this for the rest of the season.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Apr 6, 2013 8:09 PM

Feb 2012
Nikolai_F_A said:
Shingeki no Kyojin is the funniest anime so far this season.
When random guard leader gave that civilian her son/husband's mutilated arm, was bat s*** hilarious. You got to be the most heinous fiend on planet F***ing earth to do s*** like that: "I can't find my husband!" "let me give you a hand" XD
The main characters is so freaking hilarious, their dialogue is just amazing.

...... Nah I won't say anything.

That OP is amazing.
Apr 6, 2013 8:10 PM

Oct 2008
omfg, this was awesome, anime of the season already.
Apr 6, 2013 8:10 PM

May 2010
Im hooked.
Apr 6, 2013 8:11 PM

Jul 2012
@Nikolai_F_A: It was her son lol

Great start to the anime if the quality of this anime keeps up I might have a new 10/10 anime :D

really can't want to see how this turns out :3
Apr 6, 2013 8:11 PM

May 2009
I enjoyed it. This was very very good and I was at the edge of my seat.

5/5.
Apr 6, 2013 8:13 PM

Apr 2011
That was insane.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Apr 6, 2013 8:14 PM
Jan 2013
Love the manga. Thought this was really well done episode.
Pages (32) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
Yesterday, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1035 by ozrodger46 »»
Yesterday, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1652 by savvyOW »»
May 2, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Hickykissy - Apr 13

3 by Hickykissy »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.