Forum Settings
Forums

Would you actually care if someone said Merry Christmas?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 19, 2008 10:32 AM

Dec 2007
Aarana said:

It may be a harmless phrase for you, but for others its much more important. Some people take their religions very very seriously, and can get offended at things like that.

I personally take my religion very seriously. Yet I don't care if they tell me Merry Christmas or Merry Pasta Day. I am comfortable enough with my faith to understand that it is a general term. Because people say "Merry *insert*" because they want you to have a good day, no matter what you call it. Even if, for you, it's a common day people wish that your common day is good. I can't see nothing wrong with that.

Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Dec 19, 2008 10:34 AM

Aug 2007
ladyxzeus said:
Aarana said:

It may be a harmless phrase for you, but for others its much more important. Some people take their religions very very seriously, and can get offended at things like that.

I personally take my religion very seriously. Yet I don't care if they tell me Merry Christmas or Merry Pasta Day. I am comfortable enough with my faith to understand that it is a general term. Because people say "Merry *insert*" because they want you to have a good day, no matter what you call it. Even if, for you, it's a common day people wish that your common day is good. I can't see nothing wrong with that.

Basically, to cut all my rambling short...

I personally don't get offended, yet I have the understanding that some people do get offended.

/end
AaranaDec 19, 2008 10:37 AM

Dec 19, 2008 10:42 AM

Aug 2007
Ranivus said:
I dont care who you are...

Jesus is more epic than 90% of the people that ever walked this earth. At least show the dead guy some respect. He's the reason why YOU PEOPLE are getting computers and video games and anime (in reference to presents).

So basically what im tryin to say is anyone who ENJOYS giving or receiving presents this season. Should be kissing jesus' feet.

Lol troll.

I don't care what people say. Political correctness is idiotic anyway.
Dec 19, 2008 10:49 AM

Aug 2008
I'll take any good wishes or politeness with a smile. I think I technically tell people Merry Christmas, despite not practicing the religious definition (or commercial one for that matter). If I'm not going to see someone until after the New Year, I'll tell them "happy holidays" since there are technically two.
Dec 19, 2008 10:52 AM

Sep 2007
Somehow I'm glad most Hungarians say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas", so we don't have problems with relgions. Except that Christians began to put up randomly big crosses around town and randomly tell people about Jesus, which wouldn't bad, but the other religons get competitive and try to do the same >_>
Dec 19, 2008 11:02 AM

Mar 2007
How is that trolling? Stupid word is overused.

Its not like you're being racist by saying merry christmas. Its just arrogant and rude when people assume saying "Merry Christmas" is trying to be rude. Like everything else, look at the context its being said at.

Anyone against someone else trying to be polite and friendly, are still assholes. No matter how you cut it.

@Azamat: im sorry your parents dont give you presents. If they do, then you're just sounding another kid that doesn't appreciate the life they give you. Go move to Somalia or something. I'm not christian but at least i acknowledge the importance of family values this holiday emphasises. TBH all this holiday is about is family incase you ppl forgot. Kids to young adults can easily forget that big part of the holiday.
People buy other people shit because they love them. What the hell is wrong with that?

Ranivus said:
Theres nothing worse than an asshole customer being an asshole just for the sake of being an asshole. You know who you are.
RanivusDec 19, 2008 11:13 AM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Dec 19, 2008 11:10 AM
Jun 2008
I usually say "Thank you, Merry Christmas too." It's nice when someone actually takes time to say it instead of just walking or rushing past you.

Meh to political correctness, I still say it regardless.

Dec 19, 2008 11:14 AM

Aug 2007
Ranivus said:
How is that trolling? Stupid word is overused.

Its not like you're being racist by saying merry christmas. Its just arrogant and rude when people assume saying "Merry Christmas" is trying to be rude. Like everything else, look at the context its being said at.

Anyone against someone else trying to be polite and friendly, are still assholes. No matter how you cut it.

@Azamat: im sorry your parents dont give you presents. If they do, then you're just sounding another kid that doesn't appreciate the life they give you. Go move to Somalia or something. I'm not christian but at least i acknowledge the importance of family values this holiday emphasises. TBH all this holiday is about is family incase you ppl forgot. Kids to young adults can easily forget that big part of the holiday.
People buy other people shit because they love them. What the hell is wrong with that?

Ranivus said:
Theres nothing worse than an asshole customer being an asshole just for the sake of being an asshole. You know who you are.

It was an obvious troll. You saying we should kiss Jesus's feet? LOL
Dec 19, 2008 11:39 AM

Jul 2008
It's Christmas!!!??? Shit, nobody told me!!
Dec 19, 2008 11:55 AM

Nov 2008
I celebrate it so no
Dec 19, 2008 1:11 PM

Oct 2008
I always say Merry Christams to people. Many people celebrate Christmas whether they're Christian or not anyways.
They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."
~ Wolf's Rain

Dec 19, 2008 1:24 PM

Nov 2008
I'll be saying Merry Christmas until the end.
Dec 19, 2008 1:28 PM

Aug 2007
I say Merry Christmas. It doesn't matter if you're Christian or not to me (Hell, I'm not Christian.), It's Christmas.
Dec 19, 2008 2:52 PM

May 2008
I prefer to call it Yule because I'm a Pagan. But if someone is a Christian and wants to call it Christmas, good for them.

Call it what it is to you.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Dec 19, 2008 6:27 PM

May 2008
Rage-The-Dragoon said:
With all the commercial support it's been getting over the years I dont feel a connection between Christ and Christmas at all during the season.

So I dont even consider it a religious day.

it doesnt matter to me if people wish me a Merry Christmas, Happy Honnukah or a Happy Kwanzaa, it's just their way of season greeting. and I usualy say the same back.

In my opinion Christmas could better bed Dubbed as SantaDay. since the majority only cares for the pressents anyway. And when your an adult it's a day for spending moneyz on gifts and good Phood. so much for the "Christ" in Christmas.

Very true. To me Christmas has always been a time where people can find some common ground, get togther, and have fun and be happy with each other. And if there is a God or Jesus up there somewhere, wouldn't they just want us to do that instead of whining about political correctness?

If someone says Merry Christmas to me, especially if its someone I dont know, it makes me feel glad that there are people out there who care enough to wish you a happy holiday. Doesn't matter how they say it, I like to think it just brings people together
Dec 19, 2008 6:34 PM

Jul 2007
If someone says Merry Christmas to me I give them an awkward smile and try to leave in a hurry.
Dec 19, 2008 6:49 PM

Apr 2008
i think this whole "happy holidays" "seasons greetings" etc is just joke of how some people want to be politically correct to all the non-christian/catholic and all that. if someone wished me a happy Ramadan for example i wouldn't mind

all this Political Correctness is a bit too much theses day if you ask me and some of the stuff i don't get; like earlier this year when was in class the teacher was saying can't say Motherboard board anymore cos its politically incorrect, instead call it a Mainboard.

oko za oko, zub za zub - eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth
Dec 19, 2008 7:05 PM

Jul 2007
Defiance said:
The only people getting pissed about saying "Merry Christmas" are those extremely secular people who believe Christians are evil and are the reason for all the worlds problems.

Fantastic generalization.Not quite sure how you pulled bit of bullshit and asserted it as fact.

Eberhardt said:
I've noticed walking around my neighborhood, there is 0 Merry Christmas signs, mostly "Happy Holidays" and "Seasons Greetings". Is the government so paranoid they might offend a few people, that they change names completely. Where I live, the public schools, are not allowed to have "Christmas Concerts", "Christmas Carols", and anything with the word Christmas in it. Would you actually be offended if someone said "Merry Christmas" and not "Happy Holidays". Even in supermarkets, a lady told me "Merry Christmas" then apologized. I pretty much hate Political Correctness.

The main reason is not that they fear offending others, it's that they do not want to exclude others. Most people do celebrate Christmas to an extent(i'd guess at around 70-85% of the US), but what of the Jews, Hindus, Muslims?(or those who do not celebrate anything at all too, i guess) It can create a brief feeling of awkwardness - god it's fucking awkward when Christians start discussing religious matters around me.
True, Christmas has being ridiculously commercialize and is no longer a Christian holiday (which it never really was, considering it was taken from the pagans..), but there are others who do not celebrate the holiday on the basis of their religion(I have met some Jews that celebrate both Christmas in addition to their own though)

It's the thought that counts. It's also kind of nice, they want to be sure that in case you're in that small minority that don't feel awkward. Besides, after you've said "happy holidays," you can always clarify it later and get into a discussion.

No need to be so upset.
-edit-
fixed a bad typo.
tr1ggers4dDec 20, 2008 7:56 AM
Dec 19, 2008 7:19 PM

Feb 2008
I generally don't mind it because it is more of a figure of speech. If I somehow knew they meant it in a way that was presuming that I celebrate Christmas due to Christ or the Religious aspects of it, it would be kind of awkward and annoying. I'm sure there are many who say it with such intentions, but also many who do not.
Dec 19, 2008 7:44 PM

Mar 2008
I say Merry Christmas year round when I say bye to people I dont really care if people get offended
Stay thirsty, my friends.
Dec 19, 2008 7:45 PM

Jul 2008
BlindFighter said:
I say Merry Christmas year round when I say bye to people I dont really care if people get offended

Hah, year round? That sounds like it'd be fun, actually.
Dec 19, 2008 7:49 PM

Dec 2007
I don't particularly like Christmas as I'm not religious whatsoever. I don't give a toss about the religious nature of Christmas; I want my presents and a day off then I want it all to sod off.

So when someone says "Merry Christmas" to me I usually reply "you too" or "and you" if I don't want people to think I'm a cock or "cheers" if I don't give a stuff.

Although I did see "Merry Christmas" alternating with another message on a VMS when I was driving. Which, rather sadly, made me chuckle.
Dec 19, 2008 8:01 PM

Jul 2008
No I would not be offended if someone said Merry Christmas because I most likely wouldn't notice that they had said it (I am a very oblivious person) and if I did notice I still wouldn't care. There are more/less important things to care about then a damn greeting or whatever you'd call it.
Dec 19, 2008 9:54 PM

Jun 2007
It doesn't matter which religious holiday they bid me happiness in. The fact is, most religions have some kind of major holiday over this period. It is such a commonly accepted concept that even an atheist like me sees this period of the year as a time when people gather together and actually try to act civil.

I don't see Christmas as a religious holiday any more. I see it as a time when I can get together with all my friends and family and just enjoy their company and be thankful for what I have.

To this end, if anyone gives me any form of Seasons Greetings, I just take that as saying 'enjoy whatever it is you do around this time of year'. The fact that someone has gone out of their way to say such a thing is quite nice, so I just smile and return the gesture.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Dec 19, 2008 9:55 PM

Jul 2008
tr1ggers4d said:
Defiance said:
The only people getting pissed about saying "Merry Christmas" are those extremely secular people who believe Christians are evil and are the reason for all the worlds problems.

Fantastic generalization.Not quite sure how you pulled bit of bullshit and asserted it as fact.
I don't really see how what I said was "bullshit", it is a fact that there are some extremely secular people who believe Christianity is an evil institution.

Just like it is a fact that there are some extreme Christians who believe everyone who isn't Christian is evil.
Dec 19, 2008 10:00 PM

Jan 2008
Eh, I don't celebrate Christmas but when someone says "Merry Christmas" to me I will most definitely say something along the lines of "You too" or "Merry Christmas to you as well." If at the least I'll smile back at them. It doesn't really matter to me - but whatever makes them happy :)

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Dec 19, 2008 10:09 PM

Jul 2008
Who cares. They are just words.

I'll decorate my pine trees, string up my lights, drink eggnog, and sing my Christmas songs with or without you.
Dec 19, 2008 11:57 PM

Jan 2008
I think it's about time "multiculturalism" gave something back to America and recognized Christmas as the lond-standing holiday of this season. With the exception of the times I have preexisting knowledge of someone being Jewish, I always say "Merry Christmas". Seomtimes I tack on "and a Happy New Year".

The only time I say "Happy Holidays" is when I'm doing a rendition of the song from Holiday Inn.
~ Mr. Panda // Twitter: @ManlyBats
~ The Anime Historian
~ Fleet Admiral, Manly Battleships®
Ask Mr. Panda Thread
Follow Mr. Panda's VCR of DOOM! review series here. Now on YouTube!
Dec 20, 2008 12:01 AM

May 2008
ukonkivi said:
I prefer to call it Yule because I'm a Pagan. But if someone is a Christian and wants to call it Christmas, good for them.

Call it what it is to you.

Also, I would prefer if someone said Merry Christmas to me.
Has a nicer ring to it than 'Happy Holidays'.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Dec 20, 2008 1:19 AM

Feb 2008
Defiance said:
tr1ggers4d said:
Defiance said:

I don't really see how what I said was "bullshit", it is a fact that there are some extremely secular people who believe Christianity is an evil institution.

Just like it is a fact that there are some extreme Christians who believe everyone who isn't Christian is evil.

You don't need to be "extremely secular and think Christianity is an evil institution" to want a publicly used greeting to not exclude so much of the public. So yeah, it would be bullshit to assume that it takes such people to dislike the word usage. With the diversity of beliefs out there, it's not hard to take it into consideration when greeting someone.
Dec 20, 2008 1:28 AM

Dec 2008
If Someone said "Merry Christmas" to me I'll just say nothing cause its just words they won't help me anyways.
Dec 20, 2008 8:27 AM

Nov 2008
If you are celebrating Christmas, then say Merry Christmas. If you are celebrating Hanuka, then say Happy Hanuka. etc, etc.

At least, thats how I view things.

I stopped being easily offended by words around the same time when the word 'poop' stopped being funny. People just need to learn to not be so childish.

NOTE: I am a legitimate (meaning usually on-topic and polite) hit-and-run poster. Do not expect me to reply to your reply to my reply.
Dec 20, 2008 8:30 AM

Oct 2008
Awww, it's good to gather positive energy. Saying merry christmas, happy holidays! *insert a greeting here* is a way of gathering positive energy. Your whole day/mood changes when someone smiles at your face and say those words.
Dec 20, 2008 9:43 AM

Jun 2008
Defiance said:

QTF

Yeah, people need to calm down about this. It's a word. Christmas. Can it be that offensive? I think if we can't say Merry Christmas, we shouldn't be able to say Happy 4th of July either. Frankly, the whole concept of the 4th of July offends me.
I'm back.
Dec 20, 2008 4:43 PM

Nov 2007
Ranivus said:

I was going to write a serious reply to this, explaining my point of view and question the relation between your reply and my post. But; since it's Christmas time i figured that even I should be allowed to be rude:

Thank you for stating your irrelevant opinion in a utterly retarded manner.
AzamatDec 21, 2008 9:55 AM

"Sanity is overrated."
Dec 20, 2008 5:57 PM

Jul 2007
Sick-Bastard said:
Defiance said:

QTF

Yeah, people need to calm down about this. It's a word. Christmas. Can it be that offensive? I think if we can't say Merry Christmas, we shouldn't be able to say Happy 4th of July either. Frankly, the whole concept of the 4th of July offends me.

quoted for astounding pitfalls in logic.
Some adults hate candy, therefore all people who hate candy are adults.
same logic, different nouns.

Let's insert another group which could also hate Christmas on the opposite side of the spectrum: a hardcore born-again christian. He likes the holiday in theory by itself, but is offended by it for the most part because of what it's become and evolved into. He hates the materialism, and therefore hates the Christmas which he believes most everyone else, to celebrate. When someone saids "merry Christmas!," he feels offended, and perhaps angry, what he believes to be a cover up for their insincerity and materialism.
See what I did there?

They may also be offended or angry for emotional reasons(e.g. it's the date a loved one died.)This could involve religious rational(do I need to elaborate?), or personal/social reasons(they're lonely, awww..).

Of course, under your umbrella statement this is all meaningless as "the only people getting pissed about saying 'Merry Christmas' are those extremely secular people who believe Christians are evil and are the reason for all the worlds problems."
This is why I called bullshit on you.

also.
"It's a word. Christmas. Can it be that offensive? I think if we can't say Merry Christmas, we shouldn't be able to say Happy 4th of July either. Frankly, the whole concept of the 4th of July offends me."
Yes it's a word, but so what?
Making it a word does not mean that it can be any less offensive than anything else.
"Crusade" is a word, but it was one of the most angering and hated words in the Arab world for quite some time, and still is, because of the destruction death and violence they had created(Doesn't help that it was all under and the "holy banner of christ" and "justified" by religion)
Racial slurs are also words, but they can be quite offensive because of memories or history connected to them.

It may be inappropriate for people to be offended at the words, "Merry Christmas," but your defense that because it is a word, no one should get offended, is ludicrous. Words are not just words, they can be connected to deeper emotions and personal beliefs. You can never know exactly how one word resonates with an individual compared to another.
tr1ggers4dDec 20, 2008 6:10 PM
Dec 20, 2008 6:18 PM

Dec 2008
Political correctness is pathetic and just makes everything so formal and serious when they don't have to be. I never take offense to anything, even if it's something personal against me, because I really don't care. I just say what I want, however I want, and I expect others to talk to me the same way.
Dec 20, 2008 10:07 PM

Jul 2008
tr1ggers4d said:
You seem to have a hard time understanding the concept of "you can't make everyone happy." There are plenty more people who are offended by the idea of removing the use of the phrase "Merry Christmas" than there are people who are offended by using it in the first place. So by majority the phrase should stay, its not like its infringing on your rights as an American(using America as a reference since most of us are from there). The fact that you link using racial slurs to "Merry Christmas" is pretty laughable as well. If anybody should be "calling bullshit" it should be the overwhelming Christian population who is being victimized by reverse discrimination.
Dec 20, 2008 10:23 PM

Mar 2008
Vagabond said:
BlindFighter said:

Hah, year round? That sounds like it'd be fun, actually.

yeah when I leave some ones house last thing I say merry christmas
BlindFighterDec 21, 2008 8:35 AM
Stay thirsty, my friends.
Dec 20, 2008 10:45 PM

Aug 2007
teacher said "who celebrates christmas". everyone raised their hands.

so....... i'm okay with people saying that. :x At least i don't have a chirstmas this year. Dx Jews get Hanukkah, which is like 7 x-mas for jews. :/
Dec 20, 2008 10:54 PM

Jan 2008
It's really annoying how things have finally came to be. Nothing anybody says is ever right according to someone, "Merry Christmas" basically means "Happy Holidays" and if anyone is going to make a big deal out of it, just tell them "sorry, I hope you have a horrible day" because it's primarily the same concept.
Dec 20, 2008 11:55 PM

Jun 2008
tr1ggers4d said:
(long ass post)

Oh for fuck's sake. Just forget it.
I'm back.
Dec 21, 2008 12:48 AM

Dec 2008
Not really, I think it's considerate if someone goes out of there way to say such a thing. Then again, with modern society there are some people whom DO NOT celebrate christmas, and by saying it, this in turn can offend them in a way. The hard part is justifying who and who do not say "Merry Christmas", which is a hard task to accomplish, so now in society people just say "Happy Holidays" to avoid the troubles, while some do still say "Merry Christmas" only to the people THEY KNOW that celebrate christmas though...
Dec 21, 2008 1:43 AM

Jul 2008
Strangeshadow007 said:
Not really, I think it's considerate if someone goes out of there way to say such a thing. Then again, with modern society there are some people whom DO NOT celebrate christmas, and by saying it, this in turn can offend them in a way. The hard part is justifying who and who do not say "Merry Christmas", which is a hard task to accomplish, so now in society people just say "Happy Holidays" to avoid the troubles, while some do still say "Merry Christmas" only to the people THEY KNOW that celebrate christmas though...

Best advice I can think of... stop caring if people are offended.

Everything gets so much easier. To hell with political correctness. I'll take freedom of speech.
Dec 21, 2008 6:32 AM

Jul 2007
Defiance said:
tr1ggers4d said:
You seem to have a hard time understanding the concept of "you can't make everyone happy." There are plenty more people who are offended by the idea of removing the use of the phrase "Merry Christmas" than there are people who are offended by using it in the first place. So by majority the phrase should stay, its not like its infringing on your rights as an American(using America as a reference since most of us are from there). The fact that you link using racial slurs to "Merry Christmas" is pretty laughable as well. If anybody should be "calling bullshit" it should be the overwhelming Christian population who is being victimized by reverse discrimination.

You missed the entire point of my post too.
It's that your generalization is pure bullshit.

I never argued that everyone can be happy, I argued that your argument that everyone who gets "pissed off" must be a secular asshole is bullshit. I never argued that Christianity is like racial slurs, I was arguing that the defense "it's just a word" is pure bullshit. I cited examples of racial slurs. Do you understand?

My entire post was a criticism of both of your epic failures in logic, I was arguing nothing else. You however, seem to think that I was arguing that we should not support the phrase "merry Christmas", which I have never even voiced my opinion for or against. I've merely stated the rational behinds the opinions of others.

Btw.
How the hell is this "reverse discrimination?" Your argument is as strong as saying the straight population should be offended by the existence of gay marriages. One of the main reasons why retailers don't say "merry Christmas" is because of marketing reasons. Create a feeling of exclusion, chances are, people won't really be as inclined to see your store. Most people however, don't give a damn whether you say happy holidays or merry Christmas, so not much to lose for saying happy holidays. Iit's just for the minority.
I never fucking said it infringed on my rights. I never said I was for or against the phrase "Merry Christmas". I said that people use other phrases to avoid feelings of exclusiveness or awkwardness, which could be considered as thoughtfulness. Believe it or not, quite a significant population of the US does not celebrate Christmas! Some people feel like they're faced with a dilemma when speaking to that select population and choose to use "happy holidays" and the such.

You need to learn to read. This is like the 4th or 5th time you've misinterpreted what I said.
tr1ggers4dDec 21, 2008 6:38 AM
Dec 21, 2008 6:41 AM

Feb 2008
It doesn't bother me. I'm not a holiday person, so, Christmas, Holidays, not saying anything at all...Makes no difference to me.

L2 Search - http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/236/3/9/L2_Search_by_Siya_Akuma.jpg
We're all getting trolled by Mayans. They probably thought "Fuck this shit, let's end the calendar and say shit's gonna go down."
Dec 21, 2008 2:15 PM

Jun 2008
It doesn't bother me. It just annoyed me how at school there was a giant Christmas tree but you had to call it a "holiday tree". No way. Everyone knows it's a Christmas tree.
Dec 21, 2008 2:21 PM

Aug 2008
I'm Christian so of course I'm not gonna get upset. Anyone who does is being overly sensitive.

edit:
Zelgato said:
It doesn't bother me. It just annoyed me how at school there was a giant Christmas tree but you had to call it a "holiday tree". No way. Everyone knows it's a Christmas tree.

That is lame as hell.
Dec 21, 2008 5:12 PM

Jan 2008
Nope. I welcome it.
Dec 21, 2008 7:16 PM

Jul 2008
I really don't even know how to debate with you when you say something as stupid as
Tr1ggers4d said:
How the hell is this "reverse discrimination?" Your argument is as strong as saying the straight population should be offended by the existence of gay marriages.
Now I really don't know how you can say this. What I am saying is the Christians should be offended by people telling them to stop using "Merry Christmas" because they are apparently offended by some mundane reason.

Another thing you say
Tr1ggers4d said:
I never argued that Christianity is like racial slurs
What I said was "The fact that you link using racial slurs to 'Merry Christmas' is pretty laughable as well" and I said that on the basis of you saying that they are all just words but words can be offensive(linking "merry Christmas to racical slurs) as quoted here...
Tr1ggers4d said:
Making it a word does not mean that it can be any less offensive than anything else....Racial slurs are also words, but they can be quite offensive because of memories or history connected to them.

Also you argument flip flops between a logical and emotional stance, which is pretty confusing as well.

EDIT:also I refuse to retract my statement that you call a "epic failure in logic" (makes you sound very narcissistic btw), because in America(where I'm basing it off of) I would say a good 90%+ of all people I have met getting worked up about saying "Merry Christmas" are in fact, seculars lol. I don't have a survey to make you feel better about it, but I certainly have personal experience.
DefianceDec 21, 2008 7:27 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.