Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 3, 2013 1:36 PM
Sep 2012
@Jeddy not liking an arc because it's a tournament doesn't seem logical, wait and see how the tournament goes and then be like "omg what a crappy tournament" or "omg what a great tournament", you can't just say "omg tournament" :/
Apr 3, 2013 2:03 PM

Mar 2012
I lol'd when I saw Bellamy, I will be expecting another one shot punch from Luffy to him xD

Things are getting interesting, who would thought Burguess, one of the Blackbeard Pirates to be in there. We might be able to see other familiar pirates.

Lol, love how everyone shat their pants when Luffy said "I'm Luffy" xD

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Apr 3, 2013 2:03 PM

Oct 2011
Kratos9 said:
@Jeddy not liking an arc because it's a tournament doesn't seem logical, wait and see how the tournament goes and then be like "omg what a crappy tournament" or "omg what a great tournament", you can't just say "omg tournament" :/

And may I ask when exact did I say I didn't like this arc in anyway whatsoever?

If you actually take sometime to read the post,you would see none of what you speak of.
I'm just worried Oda is going to focus too much on this tournament.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Apr 3, 2013 2:07 PM

Jun 2012
some people are speaking as though this entire arc is just a tournament. There a few other things to look out for, i think this tournament will likely be quite quick, quick by one pieces standards anyway.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Apr 3, 2013 2:07 PM

Jun 2007
Cheddarchet said:
Awesome chapter! Does anyone else think the blind man they met earlier might be the famous coliseum fighter? Just a thought.

First thing that came to mind.

Valtegro said:
I love Oda for giving honour to the Funk-Family. (Kerry Funk -> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Funk)

Indeed. That was worth a good laugh.

Still not sure how Luffy is going to manage going more than 5 minutes in a fight without giving his identity away.
Apr 3, 2013 2:16 PM

Mar 2012
Theres someone named "Buu", obviously DBZ referenced.

Rebecca being the New Nakama, is just way too early to call that, we need to know more about her first, but she does look like a good candidate for the fruit.

All these New World pirates, Carvendish seems like another Sanji, but I really want him to be in a fight with Zoro.

Now what is really interesting is the "that rookie with a few loose screws who showed up last year", I'm betting its Kid or Drake!

I really want to see Bellamy's face when he finds out Lucy is Luffy, he would shit his pants right there! xD

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Apr 3, 2013 2:29 PM

Jul 2009
Kratos9 said:
-Jinsei- said:
Is there any question by now that One Piece is the greatest manga of all time? This chapter got me so hyped up. I can't wait to see Bellamy's reaction and response when he finds out about Luffy :D

Yes. Bring back characters from the dead, makes it far, far from the best. Nothing was spectacular enough other than Black beard's pirates return (or some of them)

I've always thought that killing off Bellamy was a waste only because I really looked forward to the moment Bellamy would see how much stronger and more notorious Luffy would and has become since he underestimated him so much in the beginning and how wrong his ideas about the 'Age of Dreams' were as opposed to Luffy's way of looking at the world and how that mentality made Luffy reach where he is today. And now we can finally see that moment happening and I'm going to enjoy every bit of it.

Raven-san said:
I lol'd when I saw Bellamy, I will be expecting another one shot punch from Luffy to him xD

Luffy doesn't even need to punch Bellamy, he can just knock him out with Conqueror's Haki :D
Apr 3, 2013 2:42 PM

Mar 2012
-Jinsei- said:

Luffy doesn't even need to punch Bellamy, he can just knock him out with Conqueror's Haki :D

True that, but I hope he gets screentime, what I want is Bellamy to be in the same Block as Luffy, and as soon as Luffy is in the arena, he uses he's Conqueror's Haki, and Bellamy would be left standing.

elitsu said:

Didn't the supernovas go to the New World 2 years ago? o:

Yea, that guy, is a rookie before the Worst Generation, that is his reason of hatred towards them, because they took away his "spotlight".

Apr 3, 2013 3:13 PM

Apr 2009
MugiWaraRedo said:

I get the feeling Jesus Burgess isn't going to be all that big a problem for Luffy, though, if he even ends up fighting him.

ahahah Lol, if Blackbeard is a Yonkou level (Shanks level) and Burgess is the first 'mate', then obviously he is fucking powerful (near admiral, since admiral=yonkou) and they wanted to challenge Shanks at marinefords arc..you can't fuck with BB =)

Luffy ain't at his level yet, so i presume there's gonna be some 'chaos' at the end of tournament, where everybody spreads out..
its impossible for luffy to fight him now..
Apr 3, 2013 3:15 PM

Mar 2012
smokes said:
MugiWaraRedo said:

I get the feeling Jesus Burgess isn't going to be all that big a problem for Luffy, though, if he even ends up fighting him.

ahahah Lol, if Blackbeard is a Yonkou level (Whitebeard level) and Burgess is the first 'mate', then obviously he is fucking powerful (near admiral, since admiral=yonkou) and they wanted to challenge Shanks at marinefords arc..

Luffy ain't at his level yet, so i presume there's gonna be some 'chaos' at the end of tournament, where everybody spreads out..

No, being First Division Commander does not mean you're the second strongest, and does not mean you're the First Mate.

The Level 6 Impel Down immates are stronger than him.

Apr 3, 2013 3:18 PM

Apr 2009
Raven-san said:

No, being First Division Commander does not mean you're the second strongest, and does not mean you're the First Mate.

well its just like Marco ( he was also first commander) and i doubt the other 'drunk' new mates from the prison to be over him.. (well that dude with the sword is gonna fight zoro though, and he looks kind'of next to BB)

but still, my point = they are at yonkou level.. strawhat can't mess with them now.. i think BB will be the last crew that Luffy will fight with.. like one on one.. (or they'll fight with Shanks).. and that will be at the end
Apr 3, 2013 3:27 PM

Aug 2012
^ there's no way Zoro/Luffy would have any problems with mr. Jebus of BB, don't daydream dude.
If he's not above him now, when will he be? after another 2 years of power ups? I don't think so.
Zoro will fight Shiryuu of the Rain and that might be a challenge I guess, and Luffy will have a hell lot of trouble with BB himself, I doubt the othe's can bring as much as a scratch to him.

Also, good chapter, lots of interesting new faces, this oughta be good.

Rebbeca-chan <3
I won't read all the comments because probably most of them say something like REBBECA! REBBECA! REBBECA! NEW CREWMATE! REBBECA! HOT! MERA MERA! bellamy.. REBBECA! BRONZE STATUE! RE...

But it's nice Oda pulled yet another long lost character and returned him into the story ^^ I like that the most in OP, most characters that are defined and almost everyone making a comeback and not just discarded after one sub-arc. I'm gonna be so pumped up if he returns the man with the Goro Goro no mi as a Warlord.
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Apr 3, 2013 5:15 PM

Sep 2011
People like to change the definition of the word fodder every damn day so I won't bother speaking up about it. All I will say is that I am a bit impressed that this Beautiful pirate has that high a bounty and no devil fruit.

Bellamy being alive I'm quickly getting over. If only so we can actually see him get beat down again.

JeddyVII said:
Uh,I hope Oda doesn't get to caught up in this tournament.Because it seems like that's what Oda is doing,introducing all these characters for this tournament isn't helping.I know it's important because of Ace's fruit,but we shouldn't forget about everything else.
Let's remember:
- The mission with Law to destroy the factory.The main reason this entire arc start
- Rescuing Kinemon's friend.
- Zoro getting back his sword from the "fairy".
- Sanji & Violet's mission to kill some dude.
I don't think I'm missing anything.
It's nice to have multiply plotlines,but we shouldn't forget the main plot of this arc.I know I'm not the only one who thinks this.
Now that I said that,I have a feeling the next chapter is going to focus on something other than this tournament.

Introducing the characters for the tournament will help him tell the story the way he needs it to be told. It kind of sounds like you're suggesting he might forget about everything he's set up himself, which hasn't even remotely ever come close to happening. Especially for someone who's still making call-backs to things that happened in East Blue.

I can't see focusing on this tournament or any of these characters and their subplots as a negative concerning what the situation is and how it's directly linked to Doflamingo.
Apr 3, 2013 5:16 PM

Jan 2011
elitsu said:
Rebecca for next Nakama.

That is all.

nuff said if she eats the fruit she could become a magic knight in a sense.
Apr 3, 2013 5:28 PM

Sep 2011
Whenever someone says someone's going to be the next crew member it always sounds like fanfiction BS. Now's no exception, especially since there's only been one chapter to go on.

Unless people are saying it just to say it. Like it's some sort of weird tradition or something.
Apr 3, 2013 5:32 PM

Jun 2010
Can't wait till Luffy's identity is revealed. Everyone's going to freak out ^-^.
A lot of new characters were introduced. I thought Rebecca's face looked like Nami's at first.
Apr 3, 2013 5:33 PM

Jan 2013
BiscuittRoot said:
Can't wait till Luffy's identity is revealed. Everyone's going to freak out ^-^.
A lot of new characters were introduced. I thought Rebecca's face looked like Nami's at first.

Hehehe it will be "MUGIWARA NO LUFFY!!!! AHHHHH!!"

XD
Apr 3, 2013 5:44 PM

Dec 2011
Hohoho. Some new names right here. Cavendish and Rebecca! Ooh... and Jesus is right here! A showdown between one of the Blackbeard members is unavoidable! Can't wait to see.

Didn't expect Bellamy to be alive again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2013 8:07 PM

Mar 2012
smokes said:
Raven-san said:

well its just like Marco ( he was also first commander) and i doubt the other 'drunk' new mates from the prison to be over him.. (well that dude with the sword is gonna fight zoro though, and he looks kind'of next to BB)

but still, my point = they are at yonkou level.. strawhat can't mess with them now.. i think BB will be the last crew that Luffy will fight with.. like one on one.. (or they'll fight with Shanks).. and that will be at the end

No. A Yonkou level is PAST Admiral, Whitebeard pretty much thrashed Akainu that he was powerless, the only reason Akainu could touch him was because of his age/health and his recknessless.

Marco, he is viewed as the strongest, but Oda stated that all the Commanders are equal in strength (though doubt that), theres no confirmation if he is the First Mate (likely he is since he's the person authorizing the current WB Pirates), but thats like saying "Zoro is first mate because he joined first".

And your statement, yea, Luffy cant beat Blackbeard, but we were talking about Burguess, he is nothing, he's current strength is probably a bit stronger than Luffy pre timeskip, but Luffy/Law is way above him. Burguess at "near-admiral level", would be too much. That's where Luffy and Zoro would be probably at, no, they would be at Vice Admiral level.

Apr 3, 2013 9:20 PM

Jun 2010
I do think Jesus will be pretty strong, I do agree that First Mate doesn't necessarily mean second strongest because lets not forget the Blackbeards still have the Giant and their Rain swordsmen and whoever post timeskip. But I do expect im to be up there, at least to where Luffy has to use some new techniques if possible.

I don't at all think Rebecca will join, but she really isn't a swordmen either, more like a brawler.

No one has really mentioned the rookie, Bartolomeo, a big name rookie during the time skip. The name is way too similar, I wonder how much of an impact if any he will have.
Apr 3, 2013 9:59 PM
Dec 2012
what happen if Luffy eat mera mera no mi fruit...he can have Ace power and gomu gomu no power,2 in 1,right???

Apr 3, 2013 10:02 PM

Jan 2013
Blackbeard has faith in Jesus

XD
Apr 3, 2013 10:52 PM

Jan 2013
HOW CAN U FORGET BELLAMY XDDDD

HE'S GONNA GET ONE SHOTTED AGAIN HAHA
Apr 3, 2013 11:05 PM

Mar 2012
ibrahim2712 said:
HOW CAN U FORGET BELLAMY XDDDD

HE'S GONNA GET ONE SHOTTED AGAIN HAHA

But instead, Luffy without lifting a single finger! xD

Apr 4, 2013 12:16 AM

Feb 2010
smokes said:
MugiWaraRedo said:

ahahah Lol, if Blackbeard is a Yonkou level (Shanks level) and Burgess is the first 'mate', then obviously he is fucking powerful (near admiral, since admiral=yonkou) and they wanted to challenge Shanks at marinefords arc..you can't fuck with BB =)

Burgess was no match for ace 2 years ago and now you telling us he is a admiral lv fighter that makes no sense at all. Burgess is strong but not that strong.
Apr 4, 2013 8:41 AM

Jun 2012
Saduj said:
Jesuvius said:
Her outfit is just ridiculous though. Fanservice is going overboard.

Pipoko said:
Rebecca has such a fanservice-y outfit which is getting annoying at this point, she seems to be a really interesting character.

How is her outfit any different from the other gladiators?

I know right? It is kinda funny how when men have nothing but a loincloth or something it's normal, but when a girl shows some skin it's fanservice that people won't stand for.
Apr 4, 2013 9:08 AM

Jun 2012
Raven-san said:
MugiWaraRedo said:

ahahah Lol, if Blackbeard is a Yonkou level (Whitebeard level) and Burgess is the first 'mate', then obviously he is fucking powerful (near admiral, since admiral=yonkou) and they wanted to challenge Shanks at marinefords arc..
Luffy ain't at his level yet ... its impossible for luffy to fight him now..

I really don't think Blackbeard is all that strong. Yes he's a Yonko, but I think his only true strength is from his Devil Fruit. I mean, it was kinda obvious that Ace would have beaten him had it not been for his ability. Besides that the only notable strengths he really has is his trickery / deception skills and the fact that he's a pretty tough motherfucker (like Hody, except without the pills).

Personally I agree with MugiWaraRedo. I don't think Luffy would wipe the floor with Jesus, but I don't think he's stronger than Luffy. Of course, there's no telling what Blackbeard or even his crew has become over the 2 years, but I think any of the Monster Trio at least could beat Jesus Burgess.
Apr 4, 2013 9:16 AM

Jun 2012
SkyFade said:
No one has really mentioned the rookie, Bartolomeo, a big name rookie during the time skip. The name is way too similar, I wonder how much of an impact if any he will have.

Yeah I also thought that it was no coincidence the instant I saw that name. I would definitely not be surprised they're connected to Kuma in some way (if not a pacifista themself), though, at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't.

BiscuittRoot said:

Yeah, I was thinking that as well. Looks way too similar to Nami under the mask. Which is the main reason I think she'd be a bad addition to the crew. Of course, there's no telling what she actually looks like under the mask. The way she chewed her lip also reminded me of Nami back at Arlong Park. It'd be kinda cool to find out she's actually someone we've seen before.

The biting of the lip also made it pretty certain she's going to get some kind of storytelling / flashback in the near future. AND it made it seem like she isn't all that strong if she was "bullied" by Spartan (whom I bet Usopp or Nami could beat in close combat), to the point where the mention of it almost made her cry. That seems out of place though, seeing as she's apparently one of the top dogs in the arena. But, I'm sure all will be unraveled in due time.
HalibelTheEspadaApr 4, 2013 9:21 AM
Apr 4, 2013 9:58 AM

Mar 2011
People are forgetting that the BB crew has been on the hunt for people with DF abilities and maybe Burgess has one this time too.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Apr 4, 2013 11:06 AM
Apr 2012
I'm not going to bother to learn those guys names...

The gladiator look suits luffy...

I bet Rebecca is related to Kyros is some way... Or maybe she is Kyros...
Just give me a hammer, a tractor tire and a frozen bag of peas and watch me destroy the world...
Apr 4, 2013 12:23 PM

Jun 2010
Just-some-guy said:

Actually the Kyros thing kinda made me think if the Blind fighter the gang met at the bar previously, the typical 'once a bad ass now a hermit' kind of scenario.
Apr 4, 2013 12:23 PM

Jun 2012
Just-some-guy said:

i think if she had only taken one hit ever in the arena she'd know xD
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Apr 4, 2013 1:44 PM

Apr 2009
Raven-san said:
but we were talking about Burguess, he is nothing, he's current strength is probably a bit stronger than Luffy pre timeskip, but Luffy/Law is way above him. Burguess at "near-admiral level", would be too much. That's where Luffy and Zoro would be probably at, no, they would be at Vice Admiral level.

Apr 4, 2013 1:55 PM

Nov 2011
sick chapter. excited about all these new characters.

and AHAH, bellamy's back.
Apr 4, 2013 2:09 PM

Mar 2013
Hmm so there are Jesus Burgess, Rebecca, Canvendish, Bellamy, Bartolomeo, ppl from country of flower, ppl from prodence kingdom and the funk brothers. There are ald a bunch of famed character that appear in the chapter. its ald gonna be awesome. But the downside is that only one strawhat is participating. But oh well, I think alot of us forget that there are still ppl from the DONQUIXOTE family and the colloseum "hero" Diamente participating. This tournament is really gonna be EPICLIKEHELLLLL
Apr 4, 2013 3:11 PM

Mar 2012
HalibelTheEspada said:
Saduj said:
Jesuvius said:
Her outfit is just ridiculous though. Fanservice is going overboard.

Pipoko said:
Rebecca has such a fanservice-y outfit which is getting annoying at this point, she seems to be a really interesting character.

How is her outfit any different from the other gladiators?

I know right? It is kinda funny how when men have nothing but a loincloth or something it's normal, but when a girl shows some skin it's fanservice that people won't stand for.

The more skin shown, the stronger the armor > MMORPG Logic.

HalibelTheEspada said:

I really don't think Blackbeard is all that strong. Yes he's a Yonko, but I think his only true strength is from his Devil Fruit. I mean, it was kinda obvious that Ace would have beaten him had it not been for his ability. Besides that the only notable strengths he really has is his trickery / deception skills and the fact that he's a pretty tough motherfucker (like Hody, except without the pills).

Personally I agree with MugiWaraRedo. I don't think Luffy would wipe the floor with Jesus, but I don't think he's stronger than Luffy. Of course, there's no telling what Blackbeard or even his crew has become over the 2 years, but I think any of the Monster Trio at least could beat Jesus Burgess.

Only true strength from his Devil Fruit? Are you kidding me? He landed 2 punches on Ace which was strong enough to kneel him to the floor and cough up blood. Not to mention he's durability and endurance is really high, his Devil Fruit's side effect is not much of a disadvantage for him.

smokes said:
Raven-san said:
but we were talking about Burguess, he is nothing, he's current strength is probably a bit stronger than Luffy pre timeskip, but Luffy/Law is way above him. Burguess at "near-admiral level", would be too much. That's where Luffy and Zoro would be probably at, no, they would be at Vice Admiral level.

What the hell... you were the one saying Burguess is at Admiral's level or near(?) and here we are disagreeing with you. He was WEAKER than Luffy pre timeskip and got one shotted by Ace. You're arguments are quite invalid about Blackbeard's crew going to Marineford, SINCE, Luffy also charged in Marineford by himself and took on pretty much all the elites. Not to mention, Luffy has the balls to take on all 3 Admirals at once, which Blackbeard pussied out to take on Akainu after he obtained the Gura Gura no Mi.
skwok-ravenApr 4, 2013 3:21 PM

Apr 4, 2013 4:36 PM

Aug 2012
Kanic said:
People are forgetting that the BB crew has been on the hunt for people with DF abilities and maybe Burgess has one this time too.

But then again, why would he go for the Mera Mera fruit if he already has a DF?
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Apr 4, 2013 6:22 PM

Mar 2013
]
kiDnameDSkia said:
Kanic said:

Well Bellamy also has a DF yet he is fighting for the mera mera, personally I think Jesus has a df with BB crew goin df hunting , if he doesnt have one then its probably because he specifically wanted the mera mera no mi
Apr 5, 2013 3:55 AM
Feb 2012
smokes said:
Raven-san said:

Garp punching Jesus only happened in the anime. Nothing but filler thus not a valid argument. About the rest of your post I don't care, just happened to see a false statement.

You can see that Oda loves creating those crazy designs and introducing notorious characters. Sick chapter indeed.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 5, 2013 4:12 AM
Mar 2012
Sees a new female character, thinks she'll join the SHs. Says oda kills characters, sees bellamy alive.
Apr 5, 2013 4:32 AM
Mar 2008
i suspect Oda knows the Marvel comics about Conan the Barbarian, especially the Red Sonja spinoff.

guess why .. (warning BIG image)
Apr 5, 2013 8:08 AM

Nov 2012
ii dont agree with some of u guys

2 years ago burgess already could throw a whole building at ace with ease and he was 1 of the 4 that first joined bb

+ he is a fleet commander and looks more stronger now

idk if he can beat luffy but luffy will have a hard time

that woman+ mera fruit would be a good guess for a new member

idk lol oda introduced so many p lot lines 0.0
Apr 5, 2013 11:17 AM

Mar 2011
kiDnameDSkia said:
Kanic said:

Maybe for somone else within the crew. Considering he is the equivalent of Marco I too go with the opinion that he is among BB's top 3 if not first(BB excluded)
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Apr 5, 2013 5:03 PM
Oct 2012
I'm back!

So what did Mikasa think on this chapter? I bet he's saying it sucks because we had tons of new characters introduced!

Bellamy? FODDER HURR.
Cavendish? TYPICAL BISHOUNEN, ODA U SUCK MAKING CHARACTORZ
Rebecca? ODA STOP SECKSUALIZING WOMEN YOU CHAUVINIST PIG
Burgess? ODA RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS SO HE BRINGS BACK YONKO FODDER HURR

Oh, I saw him. He just posted under a different name.
BHancockApr 5, 2013 5:10 PM
Apr 5, 2013 5:45 PM

Jun 2012
Raven-san said:
HalibelTheEspada said:

The more skin shown, the stronger the armor > MMORPG Logic.

Lol, exactly.

Raven-san said:

Only true strength from his Devil Fruit? Are you kidding me? He landed 2 punches on Ace which was strong enough to kneel him to the floor and cough up blood. Not to mention he's durability and endurance is really high, his Devil Fruit's side effect is not much of a disadvantage for him.

I know, I'm not saying he's weak just that I think his Devil Fruit is his main strength, and without it he would be such a minor character. Which is why he took such drastic means to get it (killing Thatch and fleeing). I think even he acknowledges this, which is why I think he's extremely clever and conniving, which is probably the main reason his crew follows him.

Obviously there's no telling how strong he is after the 2 years, but pre-time skip I think Blackbeard would have been, at most, equal to or weaker than Luffy without his darkness fruit. As to his durability, that's the same reason I said he's really tough, which is probably his only respectable trait imo. But I also think Ace could have beat him if neither of them had fruits at all, OR if Ace were prepared more for his ability.
HalibelTheEspadaApr 5, 2013 5:58 PM
Apr 5, 2013 11:19 PM

Jun 2008
Raven-san said:
-Jinsei- said:

True that, but I hope he gets screentime, what I want is Bellamy to be in the same Block as Luffy, and as soon as Luffy is in the arena, he uses he's Conqueror's Haki, and Bellamy would be left standing.

Luffy can't knock Bellamy with conqueror's haki. The guys who fall from that are the ones who aren't powerful enough. Bellamy is now a 100 million and probably quite stronger that he was and Luffy has yet to make his haki as strong as a Yonku so it isn't enough to knock down a guy like Bellamy.

HalibelTheEspada said:
SkyFade said:

Yeah I also thought that it was no coincidence the instant I saw that name. I would definitely not be surprised they're connected to Kuma in some way (if not a pacifista themself), though, at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't.

BiscuittRoot said:

Yeah, I was thinking that as well. Looks way too similar to Nami under the mask. Which is the main reason I think she'd be a bad addition to the crew. Of course, there's no telling what she actually looks like under the mask. The way she chewed her lip also reminded me of Nami back at Arlong Park. It'd be kinda cool to find out she's actually someone we've seen before.

That's simply because of Oda's style. Most women have pretty similar basic features with Nami since Nami is his classic female face. With Robin he deliberately tried to give her that different nose etc so she would be easily different but his classic female face drawing is a Nami face. And the lip biting is something he makes most girls too while in agony or tears.
MonadApr 5, 2013 11:35 PM
Apr 6, 2013 2:49 AM
Jul 2012
Monad said:
Raven-san said:
-Jinsei- said:

Luffy can't knock Bellamy with conqueror's haki. The guys who fall from that are the ones who aren't powerful enough. Bellamy is now a 100 million and probably quite stronger that he was and Luffy has yet to make his haki as strong as a Yonku so it isn't enough to knock down a guy like Bellamy.

I don't even think any of the introduced fodder, who probably will be in luffy's block, will fall from his conqueror haki, but they'll still get owned easily or maybe get the advantage on luffy for 1 or 2 sec. It's so that oda can prove to us that while they weren't on his level, they also aren't the regular fodder that'll get koed in one hit. That's if he uses it on them, or else we could see these guys showing off their abilities on random gladiators and then they'll get owned by luffy.
It'd be stupid if oda brought back bellamy from the dead just for comedy purpose, to have him koed in one punch by luffy again, I hope we see something interesting instead. And I'm surprised none of the whitebeard divisions commanders came to get it. Burgess was kind of expected and he took down a quarter of over 550 participants in an instant, he shouldn't be underestimated.
Apr 6, 2013 3:26 PM

Mar 2012
HalibelTheEspada said:

Obviously there's no telling how strong he is after the 2 years, but pre-time skip I think Blackbeard would have been, at most, equal to or weaker than Luffy without his darkness fruit. As to his durability, that's the same reason I said he's really tough, which is probably his only respectable trait imo. But I also think Ace could have beat him if neither of them had fruits at all, OR if Ace were prepared more for his ability.

Thatch is a Commander in the legendary Whitebeard Pirates. He was able to kill him (I'm sure Thatch put up a fight than an undetected assassination), and all the Commander's are stronger than Luffy pre-timeskip.

Apr 6, 2013 3:49 PM

Jan 2013
Vista and Marco are my favorites, they are soooo badass
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

34 by jas-samaaa »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.