Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2013 1:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That line about Remi not saying his fairwell's because he would cry till he dropped dead got me.

Nice to see elaboration on Vitalis's background. An Italian who was once the most loved opera singer in France, but due to poor performance on stage due to health issues, he went underground. I don't personally blame him.

I love the part with Vitalis's shadow coming up to say to Remi to march forward.

Nice that the Acquin's have invited him to be part of that family. :)
Mar 10, 2015 3:29 PM

Feb 2010
So they were that close to possible shelter when Vitalis finally collapsed and ended up dying :/.
Obviously the aftermath of his death still made this episode quite sad, but the lively family that has taken in Remi managed to cheer him (and me) up a bit. Looking forward to a bunch of more heartwarming episode, hopefully.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 19, 2015 1:19 AM
Nov 2014
Sad to see Vitalis gone forever from the storyline, but we have got to move on to greater things... I like the new family, certainly much better than most of the people Remi has encountered so far in his journey.

I like the background on Vitalis, damn...he was a great opera singer indeed. Sad to see a man's career ended up like this :( and he was so damn close to surviving as well..

Solid aftermath episode, hopefully things gets more cheerful from now on. For Remi's sake and my own :)
Oct 26, 2016 12:42 AM

Jun 2015
The wheel tracks in last episode and that carriage, the imagery couldn't be more crystal clear.

At least pretty much as I expected, things will seem to get better for Rémi from now onwards.
Nov 4, 2016 6:37 PM

Feb 2008
It's quite sad how he died so close to their house, but then again, if they didn't collapse right at that spot, nobody would find Remi in time. It makes sense though, it would be weird to find hay far from someone's house or farm. At least Remi is in good hands for now.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 20, 2018 5:32 PM
Aug 2014
Just a few meters more and Vitali might have survived, but at least he managed to save Remi and Capi by bringing them to this warm family.
Apr 20, 2018 12:00 PM

Jan 2013
Pride kills. Stop priding
Aug 9, 2018 8:33 AM

Sep 2011
Poor Remi and poor Capi, now they are the only ones left.

To think that Vitalis found his end so close to a warm family that would've helped them without a doubt. If only he didn't lost his vision... but to keep dwelling on this will only leave me worse so I will stop here.

I'm actually sad that Vitalis never got to speak about his past with Remi, but as Remi realized: what matters most isn't someone's past, but the time you shared with them, I will leave it at that too. Although it's hard to grasp that his pride would prevent him from ever singing again, even though it might have saved them from the pain of hunger, and from the pain of not having where to sleep.

The only solace is knowing that Remi found a safe haven in such a difficult moment. I don't think it's time for his journey to end yet, but I'm glad he'll have time to heal his heart.
Jul 14, 2023 8:53 PM

May 2019
Even after it's explained that Vitalis stop being an opera singer after he lost his voice, this also didn't explain why he choose to become a traveling entertainer beside from quit the opera out of pride. At least things would get better from now on.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 11 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 7, 2015

10 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 18, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 9 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 6, 2015

6 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 18, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 3 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 6, 2015

9 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 16, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 2 Discussion

Seabury - Jun 5, 2012

12 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 16, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Episode 1 Discussion

Seabury - Jun 1, 2012

9 by ANDy342 »»
Jan 15, 9:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.