Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2013 6:01 PM

Feb 2008
I didn't expect that kind of ending thought but it was all good.

Don't worry Umeko you were not the only one that were stuck at this " A-Rise " were watching the live performance.
They might feel surprised there was another school that were this good, thanks to Eri-chan to help them with dancing.

A-Rise easily claimed the victory for Love Live!
I want some more Love Live!

I also hope for a 2nd season, can we get a quick announcements ?

The screen " Entry Accepted " So they back on the ranking lists again.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 31, 2013 6:19 PM
Mar 2010
Was anyne else hoping that Kotori would leave and Eri-chan's little sister would join? Kotori annoys me a bit.

That being said, Im still hoping for a second season :D
Mar 31, 2013 6:50 PM
Feb 2012
I really enjoyed this series a lot more than I thought I would and even though I would like another season, I am very doubtful it will get another for some reason.

Just doesn't seem as big as a show would need to be to get another season.
Mar 31, 2013 7:14 PM

Sep 2011
That was actually really good, though its unfortunate "Snow Halation" wasn't in the series. Start Dash was my favorite (in the series) so that somewhat made up for it I guess. Great episode, sad to see this series end. :(

Season 2? :D
Mar 31, 2013 7:17 PM

Apr 2010
Wow she got to the airport and back fast as fuck.
8/10
Pleasant ending to a pleasant show. One of my favorite parts of the episode was the members of A-RISE looking at the live video with dumbfounded looks on their faces. Now Muse is on their radar. A respectable feat.

Mar 31, 2013 7:22 PM

May 2010
mm, the OP to love live really had me fooled. i thought they would actually end at love live but they didn't even go.. all in all though this was a good anime even though the drama with honoka was a little strange, but whatever. they all worked it out and had a happy end.. season 2 pls.

i didn't think i'd like this anime, but i really did. maybe i should watch those other 2 idol animes i skipped.
Mar 31, 2013 7:25 PM

Jan 2008
Lurkerkiller said:
I really enjoyed this series a lot more than I thought I would and even though I would like another season, I am very doubtful it will get another for some reason.

Have you seen the BD sales figures??
Mar 31, 2013 7:41 PM

Jan 2011
Before seeing those sales was thinking this show was a bit underrated but never mind haha,wasn't sure if they was gonna get a second season but it seems highly likely at this point.

Eh besides the drama this show was really good not even a big fan of idol type music and i liked a lot of the songs they performed.
Mar 31, 2013 7:49 PM
Feb 2012
Umeko said:
Lurkerkiller said:

Have you seen the BD sales figures??

I have not since I don't really keep track of anything and how I generally measure how popular an anime is is based on how active the forums on MAL are.

Well at least that gives some hope of a possibility.
Mar 31, 2013 8:05 PM

Jan 2013
7.5/10
The first idol anime I've watched.
Mar 31, 2013 8:51 PM

Apr 2010
Not bad. Not bad at all, althought the last two episodes weren't the best. I'm looking forward to a second season!

7/10
Mar 31, 2013 9:03 PM

Jul 2011
Well first of all I'm glad it all worked out in the end. Kotori came back, and everyone has made up, although they weren't really mad, just some misunderstandings.

So they finally got together by the end of the episode, and performed their last live concert for the season. And this one was seen by A-rise. They feeling the competition now haha. :D

I would definitely love a second season, but I don't know how it would work out. I don't know how much time the school year has left, as there are 3 seniors who will be graduating, and it will definitely not be the same. We have 2 juniors who we know will probably join u's if they do enroll in that school, which are Honoka's and Eri's little sisters.

And about the show, I realy loved it. I enjoyed thoroughly, and was left satisfied. Well not enough, because I want a 2nd season :D.

I loved all of the characters, and of course my favorite was Honoka. OF COURSE. But I loved all the 9 girls and the 2 juniors.

So in the end, Kotori's mother and another lady were surprised when they saw each other. I wonder if they knew each other from long ago and finally met again? Or i just forgot who that is. (The one with dark red hair) Maki's mom? lol. I don't know I guess I will search for it.

Anyways 9/10 for me.
Mar 31, 2013 9:09 PM

Sep 2012
μ's! MUSIC START!! :)
Mar 31, 2013 9:12 PM
Jul 2018
Good to see quite a Nice ending Im hoping for a Season 2 indeed. Series gets a 9/10 from me :)

Mar 31, 2013 9:21 PM

Sep 2012
Akamitsu said:
Wow she got to the airport and back fast as fuck.
/quote]Well, if you take Skyliner express it only takes 36 minutes to get to Narita airport!

Anyway, I can see myself in the episode (the one on the right of course) :

MoonxArtemis said:
So in the end, Kotori's mother and another lady were surprised when they saw each other. I wonder if they knew each other from long ago and finally met again? Or i just forgot who that is. (The one with dark red hair) Maki's mom? lol. I don't know I guess I will search for it.
Yes, the rich moms of Kotori and Maki ;-)

Lurkerkiller said:
I have not since I don't really keep track of anything and how I generally measure how popular an anime is is based on how active the forums on MAL are.
That only measures only the reactions of a part of overseas fans not the fans in Japan. Besides, only if the forum is active, it can mean arguments, debates, or criticisms instead of popularity.
symbvMar 31, 2013 9:26 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 31, 2013 10:25 PM
Nov 2007
I wonder if these are their moms, or their teachers. The ones on the left look like they could be Rin's and Hanayo's.

Mod Edit: large image put under spoiler tag.
ThangLongFeb 17, 2014 8:16 AM
Mar 31, 2013 10:41 PM

Jul 2009
honoka best girl.
dat leader status.
8/10 very good.

and that man's manly tears. what a man.
Mar 31, 2013 10:47 PM

Nov 2007
Great ending! 9/10 (had to take a point off because of ep12), but it was still really good nonetheless!

Fully deserves to be currently blitzing all the Winter 2013 anime out of the water in sales :)

Voted for Maki in the μ's 6th Single PV poll. Well I had to chose between her and Eri anyhow, lol.

"START:DASH!!" with all 9 of the girls sounded pretty amazing ^^ Looks like this version will also be released on the OST (which also features A-RISE''s "Private Wars" from ep1) on April 10.

EjcMar 31, 2013 10:51 PM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Apr 1, 2013 12:14 AM
Jul 2012
Tsumi-tan said:
Amarrez said:
Also, voted for Maki in the 6th PV poll, and you should as well.

Haha yes I did~ I like Honoka and Niko better, but they already have a PV, so it would be unfair right!

That was so cute when Honoka said to Kotori ''Don't go!'' *-* Yes, don't go anywhere and give me a second season, thanks~
START:DASH!! by everyone d(゚∀゚)b
I liked this anime a lot. Friendships, hardwork and even drama, how marvelous <3 All the songs were great too, I didn't dislike one. I developed an idols fetish for sure thanks to iDOLM@STER and Love Live! o.o How much money are they going to steal from me again?!

so idolmaster a good one to pick up from LL? (currently the only other 'music' genre ive seen is..k-on..currently dredging through it 1-2 eps at a time, the max i can watch of that at a time lol)
Apr 1, 2013 12:17 AM

Feb 2013
first Akb0048 eneded now this me so sad
Apr 1, 2013 12:35 AM

Aug 2010
Generic and predictable, but I prefer happy endings anyhow 3/5.

I do like it however that they have failed the Love Live, it's nice to see a main character messing up something without the possibility of making up for it instantly, there have been too many absent-minded girls in anime who get away with everything. 6/10, a decent show.
Apr 1, 2013 12:52 AM
Sep 2012
We all knew that Honoka would make up with everyone and Kotori wouldn't leave, but it still seemed kinda forced to me. At least it provided some interesting insight on what everyone would do if the group fell apart and at least we got to see that nice performance in the end.

Overall, I really liked this series and I do hope for a season 2. I thought that most of the episodes of the season were great - deserving an 8/10 - and the music is pretty catchy. The animation was also pretty good, while the many of the characters are endearing. This is one of the few gems of the mediocre Winter season.

So if this show is so good then I must have rated this an 8, right? Nope and this is why:
  • Because I didn't enjoy the first 4 episodes that much: The first two were so boring to me that I nearly dropped this - but I stuck with this. The third and fourth episodes were okay, but it wasn't until the appearance of Niko in episode 5, Eri and Nozomi later on, that I really started to like this show.
  • Being on 12 episodes is a double-edged sword: While the fast pacing of the meant that all the episodes focused on story instead of getting bogged down in filler, it also meant that the show couldn't devote more time to learning more about the characters. Though I liked the characters and this show did give us some insight into their lives, I was left wanting to know more about them. I wanted to know a bit more about Eri's ballerina days. I also would have like to have known more about Umi's background and how she became the person she is. Of course this would probably be touched upon in more detail in a season 2, but for now, it's pretty much avoided.
  • I'm not a fan of idol music: Yes, I'll admit it. I would have probably given this a 9 if I was into idol music. Unfortunately, I'm not really into it, though I really did think that the music is good and catchy. The performances (though great and fun to watch) also hindered the show from giving a better focus on story and character development.

Overall, I really did enjoy this show. It has a simple, but nice story, the characters are endearing and the music is nice to listen to. I give this a 7.5, but since this is MAL, I had to rate this a 7.
IconicApr 1, 2013 12:57 AM
Apr 1, 2013 1:08 AM

Aug 2008
Probably the best episode since the the three of them first went on stage near the beginning. I would have liked to see some more practicing, performances or singing in general, but it was decent enough.

Decent enough in fact, to make me want to watch a sequel if there ever is one.

OH WOW! 800 posts!! YAY!! ahaahhaha
Apr 1, 2013 2:16 AM

Oct 2009
Season 2, NOW!
Apr 1, 2013 3:00 AM

Apr 2011
It was a fun ride. And seeing my most loved show ended saddens me.

It was good Umi-chan told Honoka to get Kotori-chan back.

Umi saying, "Go get your girlfriend back!" lol jk

The moment I watch the pvs back then, I was like "this needs a tv series badly".
And when I watch Honoka dancing in road, I said "I think I'm gonna enjoy this till the end."

And it did! The characters where lovable and endearing. The personalities they have, their hilarious scenes and funny faces they make especially Nico's. I love all of them and it's difficult to choose only one, thought Honoka was my favorite prior to the series.

Strange I have a favoritism on them main idol characters of other idol animes, Nagisa of AKB0048, and Haruka of Idolmaster.

Anyway, glad all that's been settled, misunderstandings have been cleared and Kotori is back again. I like her cute chipmunk voice. Screw the haters! All of them performing start dash with nine of them was a awesome performance finale. I'm surprise that A-RISE was watching them with live with a surprised look. They finally fulfilled their wish that they'll fill the auditorium. Great! I love how every episode makes me smile and laugh and I'm gonna miss that part of the series.

I'm seriously hoping for a 2nd season. With BD sales blowing away other competitors, they have enough budget to make a sequel.

As for Honoka, since she likes singing, she should pursue a singing career when she graduates.

Love live is the most entertaining anime of winter season. I'm giving this a 8/10
MagitoApr 1, 2013 3:04 AM
Apr 1, 2013 3:12 AM

Jun 2010
symbv said:

Anyway, to me this is clearly the most appealing show in this season and it is something I did not expect at all 3 months ago. Great animation, great music, great characters (they are all lovely and they are memorable, particularly their funny faces or actions) and solid story with a lot of laugh and sweat (and sometimes tears too). Two thumbs-up !!!

Yep. Definitely one of the more enjoyable shows this season.

For me, the best thing of this show is its songs. It definitely live up to being an "idol" Anime. There's a lot of animation mistakes though. Its not fun to see bad frames every episode. Well, not a perfect animation but i won't call it bad. I love the characters <3 The art is awesome.

I am not sure if I am gonna score it 6 or 7. I must say this show really needs a second season. If there's no second season then I'm gonna cry.

For now, 6/10.
Apr 1, 2013 3:59 AM

Nov 2009
Brilliant Final Ending!!!

Art: 9/10
Story: 9/10
Characters: 10/10
Music: 9/10
Overall Rating: 9/10

Nice to see the group with mainly Honoka and Kotori reuniting and their performance was very good. The 1st PV was just the three main trio at the start and they made it a lot better with everyone in the group involved. Loved Honoka's Dad at the end and it seems like Kotori's and Maki's mum know each other. Even the 1st rank A-Rise is aware of the group.

Overall I think Love Live! was very enjoyable. The setting for the story was simple and easy to follow and was made well with the live shows and music the group performed as the series progressed. The drama towards the end was pretty well done and they ended in the best way possible. I really hope for a second season as there are many things to expand on and will be very interesting!!

GO μ's!!!

Episode Rating: 5/5

Apr 1, 2013 4:12 AM

Dec 2012
pre-release full songs

No Brand Girls

Start:Dash

Apr 1, 2013 4:17 AM

Apr 2009
so when's the sequel?
Apr 1, 2013 4:25 AM

Sep 2012
So whose hand is who?

Hint:

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 1, 2013 4:40 AM

Jun 2011
Good show. I loved all the music especially No Brand Girl. All of the characters were likeable as well but Nozomi will always be my fav:). However the problem was solved too quicky.

This show could have been better without the drama and stayed to comedy. I just think it didn't fit at all.

Anyways 8/10
Apr 1, 2013 5:02 AM

Apr 2011
WOOOOOOOW! When I started watching these, I knew that I would like it. I love what I call Anime-Pop (yes, actually J-Pop), I mean the opening and ending themes to shows. They are very important to me. Also I loved K-On! so I was just sure I would like a show about music that actually has a lot of music in it (live performances and stuff, like K-On!).
But man, I would have never thought that it would be THAT great. I love each and every character and the drama and comedy was just amazing. I loved each and every single episode.
Additionaly, it's pretty much clear that there will be a second season.

It might sound a bit weird for some of you, but what different score could I give?
10/10. It's my opinion and I think it's well deserved. It's still not "perfect" (like Clannad After Story hehe), but a music Anime can't be "perfect" I think. So in my personal offline rating, it's still "just" a 9.5/10.
But just because MAL does not have the possibility to rate it .5 and I really feel it's more a 10 than a 9 to me, I just have to.
SEASON 2!! PLEASE COME SOON!!! I WILL BE WAITING!!!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that! What better way could there have been to end the season than having my favorite of all the songs performed by ALL of them?? :-O
MikuLove39Apr 1, 2013 5:12 AM
Apr 1, 2013 5:39 AM
Mar 2013
Though Nico often has been given a role of just formal club president (and the real leader may be Honoka / Eri or Nozomi), in the last and this episode she looks like real president of the club.

Even after the first objective (rescue the school) has been completed, her stance of being idle didn't change at all. Her words just before the concert on the auditrium subtly quotes herself on ep5, that being idle is nothing more than making audience smile!
Engrish speaker
Apr 1, 2013 6:19 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
So whose hand is who?

From Niko's hand (pink sleeve) going clock-wise:

Niko -- Rin -- Kotori -- Honoka -- Eri -- Umi -- Maki -- Nozomi -- Hayano
Apr 1, 2013 7:31 AM

Sep 2010
This anime is quite the ride.... Pretty good moe-slice-of-life idol anime + some silly drama.... And it's doing it's job right (unlike some certain-san anime).... But, damn it's enjoyable (than most of series of winter)....

Final ep. - 4/5

Series - 7/10
Apr 1, 2013 7:39 AM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
Correct!

By the way, fans in Japan noticed this:

UC_G.... ? UC Gundam? Well, Sunrise also made UC Gundam you know....

Apr 1, 2013 7:51 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:

haha, it's probably a school idol group full of nerds.... *cough* I mean bishies *cough*
Apr 1, 2013 8:23 AM
Feb 2012
symbv said:
ThangLong said:
Correct!

By the way, fans in Japan noticed this:

Madonna is now an idol? Doesn't surprise me at all. '-'

Love Live x GuiltyKing is all I will say. 8/10
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 1, 2013 8:31 AM

Jun 2010
ThangLong said:
pre-release full songs

No Brand Girls

Great, thanks!
Apr 1, 2013 8:49 AM

Jan 2013
so it's over :((

I like it, it was funny.
Apr 1, 2013 9:20 AM

May 2010
it was fun while it lasted, really enjoy this.

7/10
Apr 1, 2013 9:21 AM

Mar 2011
7/10
The musics was pretty good and catchy
The story was decent
The characters were the main plus point for me
Apr 1, 2013 9:22 AM

Aug 2008
Good fuckin gawd, I absolutely loved the last episode. It was kinda obvious that everything was gonna work out in the end, but how it was all resolved was really satisfying. I don't even care how Kotori blowing off studying abroad at the last minute to stay seemed to be selfish and not as dramatic as it could've been. Being selfish to fulfill Honoka's selfish desire to become school idols is perfectly okay in my book. rofl

The last performance was really awesome, too. It was well-animated and had a decent blend of 2D and CG. It was also pretty fitting for μ's to perform START:DASH!! in the auditorium. They even played the entire song. And I guess Kotori and Maki's moms know each other? And the members of A-RISE watched the performance.That's cool. And lol at Honoka's dad tearing at the end.

As for the possibility of a second season, I believe it's pretty high. I mean,the BDs of the first volume sold over 18,000 copies, not to mention the CD singles and albums already selling pretty decently. And μ's was once again added to the idol rankings. They're fuckin back!

Really enjoyed this series. It's definitely my choice for most underrated show of Winter 2013.

Apr 1, 2013 9:25 AM

Feb 2011
Pretty good series imo and catchy songs . Typical plot for musical anime though . 8/10
Apr 1, 2013 9:53 AM

Jun 2008
honestly I didn't like ep13 because of too much drama XD
but the rest of the episodes, I'm gonna miss this series XD & I want season2!!

9/10

Apr 1, 2013 11:31 AM
Feb 2013
If they make a second season will it be air in 2013 or 2014 or long year time..?
Apr 1, 2013 11:42 AM

May 2012
and so its end :D 7/10

Apr 1, 2013 11:47 AM
Mar 2013
obviously there is going to be a season 2
Apr 1, 2013 12:25 PM

Jan 2008
andy55130 said:
If they make a second season will it be air in 2013 or 2014 or long year time..?

Probably 2014 or later, unless they've had a second season in planning/production since, like. The very beginning. And I highly doubt that.
Apr 1, 2013 12:27 PM

Mar 2012
Absolutely loved the ending, I really want a season two otherwise I will highly miss this anime. Hell, I miss it already :(

I was on the verge of crying because of this last episode.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SilentSuicide&sclick=1]
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's the watch order?

Kayroad - Dec 10, 2023

10 by October_Animate »»
Mar 16, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2013

120 by Needster »»
Feb 15, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2013

141 by firstamizade »»
Feb 3, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bippo - Mar 17, 2013

128 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 7, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

204 by Salty_Cookie »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.