Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 28, 2013 12:15 PM

Apr 2010
It was a pretty nice anime and nice to watch tho i have a feeling it will be a while before we see the next Kyoani moe slice of life anime.
The concept is getting a bit old now and it's a bit to much of the same so i don't know how much longer Kyoani can get away with this kind of anime.
Mar 28, 2013 12:17 PM

Aug 2012
Little interesting season two implication for Chuni
Mar 28, 2013 12:18 PM

Dec 2011
This anime can sure make you feel warm. 6/10 for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2013 12:23 PM

Jun 2008
poor Mochizou ;....;
i liked him.
Wished he'd have a happy ending.

Mar 28, 2013 12:41 PM
Mar 2013
I have no clue why I picked this anime to be the 1st one I post about on here when I have watched so many more that were better, but here I am...

If it weren't for the art great animation (I like these animators) I think this would be a throwaway. That said i think the message of this show was to make the case for not growing up too fast. Tamako takes the time to take inventory of her life and decides she likes where she is -Not too grown up.
She chooses to stay oblivious to the neighbor kid and opening up the can of worms that a relationship would bring. Her friends all see it but she chooses not too.

The tan girl does the same thing when she decides not to know more by reading Tamako's fortune and hides what is probably the mole on her neck. It takes her a year to realize it's OK not to rush into growing up. The fact that the market is "like a festival" is another indicator that all of the people who have grown up are trying not to lose the same perspective. It's an island outside of life's harshness.

Maybe it shouldn't take this much creative effort and 12 episodes to end up where everyone started but it was, to me, a pretty fun little escape from reality too.

7.8642 out of 10.

PS I'm an old dude (46) who stumbled on Anime about 6 years ago. I worked as a graphic artist and mural painter for years so I tend get suckered in by good illustration and don't mind a weak story.
Mar 28, 2013 1:05 PM

Oct 2011
Gonna miss it T__T I wish Mochizou confessed to Tamako but at least he got her a great present! Kanna's gift to Choi was hilarious. A really fun series! Even though it lacked a really strong plot, I still really enjoyed it.
Mar 28, 2013 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
Cryztal said:
Shojo-chanCat said:
Since the series is directed by Naoko Yamada, the same director for K-On! and K-On!!, they'll at least add an extra episode in the DVD pack. Also, since both K-On! and K-On!! got OVAs, Tamako Market will most likely get an OVA too.

So I'm predicting at least two more episodes in this season.

As for the episode, I haven't watched it yet (no English subs out >_<), but I'm hoping for a second season, but before Tamako Market season 2, they should work out K-On! season 3 (most likely will be titled K-On!!!, but I mean, they have enough chapters with the main girls in college and little Azusa forming a band with Ui and Jun with two new freshman in the manga, so I girl can dream, right?)

As for Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! season 2, I never watched the series, and I'm not that interested (not saying it's bad, though). I'm just hoping Kyoto Animation can do another season of a series that came out way before Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! (like Haruhi Season 3, maybe some more visual novels), so I'm hoping Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai season 2 isn't Kyoto's next work, but I'm not saying the series should never have a second season, it's just too early, since most Kyoto sequels wait two or more years, well, minus K-On!.

I'm taking it you're a girl like me.

I don't know why you're not interested, but if it's because of the "action" it's actually a slice of life with some drama in the last few episodes.

Well, I do like action anime, it's just, Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai! feels different, and not in a good way. I haven't been watching KyoAni in a while, and although Tamako Market was average work, I don't think I'll be watching this series anytime soon, (and Kyoto Animation keeps on reusing the moe that looks similar to K-On!), and the only reason why I watched Tamako Market is because of the team that worked on it, but it was exactly what I expected, another K-On!. So don't feel like watching anymore moe work from this company again.

Anyway, as for Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai season 2, there is none. If I remember correctly, I was checking the spring season anime list, and although it has Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai, it is not the second season. It's just an original animation the working team has put together, needless to say, you get one more episode until season 2 arrives. It'll air June 19, 2013.

Also, this series isn't doing good in sales? I always thought this was basically a test to see if K-On! fans will stick around for a third season if they'd make one, now I hope it isn't some random test.
removed-userMar 28, 2013 1:50 PM
Mar 28, 2013 2:03 PM

Nov 2010
Sweet & Solid Finale
I'm going to miss Tamako's Market and dhat phat Chicken
Mar 28, 2013 2:30 PM

Mar 2012
Actually this show is somehow boring but luckily Dera is there to save it a bit.. Overall 7/10..
Keep moving forward
Mar 28, 2013 2:38 PM
Feb 2012
After twelve episodes of Tamako Market I know two things for sure.
a. Mochi seems to be some sort of ambrosia
b. Dera is the star of the show

Based on Dera's antics the series would deserve an 8/10 but I'm trying to find more content to judge by. Was there a certain plot that has been followed? No. Any hidden messages for the audience, not only concerning the show but also life in general? Barely. Even romance was only *hinted* at with no real results...
It may be KyoAni who's in charge of this anime but I would've expected more of them. I'm sorry, Dera, you're awesome and made the show so damn entertaining, but my overall score amounts to only 6/10.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 28, 2013 4:36 PM
Sep 2009
tsubasalover said:
I don't know how to rate the anime. I think 8 is too high, but 6 or 7 sounds too low. It was ok and at least was kind of enjoyable.[/url]

I totally agree about the rating... actually i loved the series and i knew this last episode was gonna be bad but it was a little worse than bad and really just kinda ruined it for me. One thing, I wish they established who the wife would be instead of Tamako. And I really wanted to know some of the answers to the questions that the people had for the prince, like how old he was. :D And mochizou's lack of confession... though i liked that he managed to give her a present and the show full cycled in a good way but i think it would have been better if Dela didn't come back in the box.
Mar 28, 2013 4:54 PM

Jul 2010
Fitting, but rather quick end to Tamako Market. Lovely feelgood anime overall. It had it's quirks and I really had to get used to the talking bird, but I enjoyed it in the end. 7/10 :D

Mar 28, 2013 5:21 PM

Mar 2012
Hey prince, did you know your name can be translated as "Mochi is super yucky" in Japanese?
Also the prince changes clothes really fast. When he first sits down for tea he's in winter wear then 5 seconds later he's in his traditional wear.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Mar 28, 2013 5:40 PM

Jan 2011
okay show nothing great 7/10
As much as i love Chūnibyō i'm hoping we get to see something new from KyotoAni before it comes out.
Mar 28, 2013 6:10 PM

Mar 2012
This is it, I'm done with this, this is the biggest let down I've had in a while. Really expected more from Kyoani. This doesn't even deserves an actual critic... aside from the animation and Kanna there is nothing noteworthy here.

3/10
Mar 28, 2013 6:12 PM

Jul 2009
It was good, 7/10 here. I wished there was a bit of development between Tamako and Mochizou. Season 2 would be welcome.
Mar 28, 2013 7:00 PM

Apr 2012
Didn't really get the whole "last episode" vibe from this, but I guess that's to be expected if there's going to be a second season.

Cute, and overall fun, though the story was a bit lacking and really random.
Mar 28, 2013 7:21 PM
Jul 2018
Watched it cause it was introduced in Chuunibyo, stayed for Dela. The show is slightly above average with only a few points where you can laugh (despite being a comedy show) and some moe.

6/10 for me, at least it was quite relaxing to watch.
Mar 28, 2013 7:50 PM

Sep 2011
Cute series overall. If it wasn't for Dera-chan I'd probably be putting this at a 5.5, but I'll make it a 7 because he made the show<3.
Mar 28, 2013 7:51 PM

Jul 2011
Enjoyable series overall. Mochizou and Kanna best characters. 7/10
Mar 28, 2013 8:07 PM

Dec 2007
Why most other recent KyoAni attempts at shows are mostly fail for me (Hyouka,Chuu2), When I found this show to be a hell of alot better? And why is it so much less popular than them, 2good4u?
Mar 28, 2013 8:30 PM

Nov 2011
Well, it was good while it lasted though it feel like nothing really progress.

Mar 28, 2013 8:32 PM

Sep 2012
I've asked before, but haven't gotten an answer.

Why do people like Kanna so much? Her most memorable trait is that her voice sounds like she has a stuffy nose. And she likes construction stuff.
Mar 28, 2013 8:49 PM

Mar 2012
Red_Keys said:

Why do people like Kanna so much? Her most memorable trait is that her voice sounds like she has a stuffy nose. And she likes construction stuff.
Red_Keys said:

The character just happen to appeal to people. By logical thinking we can take it this way, at least using the main cast:

- Tamako is airheaded as hell
- Mochizou a coward (in love, at least)
- Midori acting like a spoiled brat
- Dera is an interesting character, but well, he's a bird

That only leaves us with Shiori and Kanna, both of them really "elegant" characters, always calm. Kanna happens to win because of his weird demeanor. At the right moments, it really shines.
Mar 28, 2013 11:14 PM

May 2012
That was pretty cute 7.5/10.
Mar 29, 2013 3:24 AM

Jun 2012
I feel like this is going to get a second season. I'm not sure why, but the way it ended gives me that feeling.

I had a great time watching this. Tamako Market is really light hearted. I always looked forward to watching each new episode because I knew I could just sit back and enjoy it.

I also LOVED Dera's little narrations at the end of each episode. He really made this anime.

9/10.
Mar 29, 2013 3:54 AM
Mar 2013
1. I only concerned for Mochizou's feeling, and I was kinda relieved that the bride wasn't Tamako.
2. Why did Mochizou only give Tamako a box of flower (Dera doesn't count) ? If she was me, I won't be satisfied -_-
3. Whenever I give someone a gift, Im secretlysaid Kanna's line in my heart:3 Kanna was CUTE. MOE.
4. Ouji-sama came to Japan for nothing :|

The ending was OK, not that good, but just OK. Everything went back to normal.
I only survived because of curious of Mochizou's confession and throughout the series, BAM. Nothing happened. That's all -_-
Mar 29, 2013 4:35 AM

Oct 2011
I was cheering for Mochizou but nothing happened :(

Dera for bird of the year.
Mar 29, 2013 7:18 PM

Apr 2011
DeadEnd2013 said:
Why most other recent KyoAni attempts at shows are mostly fail for me (Hyouka,Chuu2), When I found this show to be a hell of alot better? And why is it so much less popular than them, 2good4u?

Because this show has no impact, it's way too normal for most of the people.
Can't speak about Hyouka but Chuunibyou had way better elements than Tamako, I honestly can't take you serious when you're saying that Tamako is a lot better.
Mar 29, 2013 8:25 PM

May 2011
A very nice feeling series, I like that all the way through it was generally a calm watch. I really liked Dera and all his roundness. So I'm happy that his leaving didn't happen without a word.
Mar 29, 2013 8:44 PM

Jun 2011
I loved it. ^__^
Can't wait for Season 2~
It would be nice to see Tamako and Mochizou together hehe
「Icon credit to Milady666 ♡」
Mar 29, 2013 9:41 PM

Oct 2012
Choi touched her neck thingy as they were leaving. She must have the "mark" that makes her the prince's bride :)

Mar 30, 2013 1:07 AM

Aug 2010
tormented210 said:
DeadEnd2013 said:

Because this show has no impact, it's way too normal for most of the people.
Can't speak about Hyouka but Chuunibyou had way better elements than Tamako, I honestly can't take you serious when you're saying that Tamako is a lot better.
I think in certain ways tamako was better and in other ways chuunibyou was better. Tamako was probably the best slice of life show that i've seen in a long while. It manages to pull off being cute without seeming like the whole show is simply cute people doing cute things. I think Tamako managed the slice of life area alot better. However I think chuunibyou pulled off the comedy much much better plus I think it had more meat to the story and background and stuff.

Regardless Tamako is the first slice of life I've watched in awhile where it didn't seem like it was simply made to show off cute people doing cute things even if that's essentially what the show is about and that really impressed me. The show doesn't really have much meat story or plot wise though (it isn't necessarily a bad thing for this anime) and there are some things I would have liked to seen (such as some confessing and more background on her mom and how she died) which is why I give it a 9/10.
Mar 30, 2013 3:27 AM

Jun 2010
Man, that scene where Dera was running and crying while Tamako was stating her memories of the place, I almost cried. Plus that background music that perfectly fits the scene.

That scene was just KyoAni/10, fkin epic.

Dera best character of this series. That interaction between him and Tamako's father. That drama. Man, I just hope every production studio learn from KyoAni on how to deliver scenes perfectly.

About the series...

Story - 6/10. Nothing really special on the story. The setting is pretty common and there were hardly any twist to this show. The most important factor though is that it lacked important developments. But having said that, the story isn't really important with this kind of show.

Art and Animation - 10/10. ? KyoAni ? If you don't give KyoAni's animation a perfect score then you must be nuts.

Characters - 7/10. Anko, Dera, Kanna and Shiori are the only characters that I liked in this series. I'm not saying I hate the rest but... Oh, I hate Midori.

Sound - 9/10. The opening song is nothing special. It fits the show but its not really worth any praise. BUT. The ending song though is the best this season. Hands down. The BGM's were used greatly too. That one used in this song, the "Masters" oldies songs. Pretty good.

Overall Enjoyment - 7/10. Enjoyed the series overall. Specially because of Dera. The humor and the light-drama scenes were great. Not to mention the cuteness of this show is just KyoAni like.

7/10 Great series. Can't wait for the next KyoAni show. Most probably the season 2 of Chuunibyou base on that teaser at the ending of this show. Omg, can't wait.

JustALEX said:
ANYWAYS....in much BIGGER related news....

FUCK YEAH!!!

My. Body. Is. Ready.

Fuck yeah!

Banishment This World!
Mar 30, 2013 4:35 AM

Apr 2011
Decent ending. Not bad for a slice of life.

Good to know that little fat bird is staying longer.

Tamako has the best present ever.
Mar 30, 2013 5:02 PM

Apr 2011
Mumble200 said:
Ultimately this anime was a waste of time; nothing happened.
I agree it didnt do anything do for me.
Mar 31, 2013 4:15 PM

Aug 2011
Haha, it was a sweet ending with Dera in the box like that. I'm glad the whole prince's bride thing was a misunderstanding, I never felt it was an important plot line anyway and simply enjoyed following Tamako living her life.

Altogether, this show was much better than I expected. When I saw the marketing during Chuuni, Tamako Market along with the characters looked pretty generic. And while the characters may still be a little plain, the situations they get themselves in to certainly aren't. I can't help but feel cheerful and uplifted after each episode.

I also adored the OP and ED especially. They're definitely among my favourites this season. 7/10.
Mar 31, 2013 4:19 PM
Jan 2013
i want to know what happened with tamako's mother so i hope we got a second season
Mar 31, 2013 4:28 PM
Oct 2010
I enjoyed it, but it could have been better. I don't mind ninjutsu plot points that appear and then vanish into thin air (they are part of the 'sidelines view' narrative perspective a la Sora no Woto and certainly a conscious narrative choice) but it just didn't have the energy of, say, Chuunibyou or the imposing visual presence of Hyouka.
Mar 31, 2013 6:30 PM

Sep 2012
Tamako market made me laugh sometimes, but it was good I guess. Sometimes I just felt the show wasn't really for me, but I kept going.

5/10 overall
LittleBossMar 31, 2013 6:33 PM
Mar 31, 2013 7:12 PM

Apr 2011
rinnegans said:
i want to know what happened with tamako's mother so i hope we got a second season

I prefer better shows to show up instead.
Apr 1, 2013 11:21 AM
May 2012
I adore Tamako market for it's relaxing slice of life atmosphere. Dera, Choi and the prince blending into Tamako's neighborhood, and even a day in the lives of every characters (even the minor ones), every episode was interesting, though sometimes boring.

Good anime overall, though not up to the level i expected from KyoAni.

8/10.
Apr 2, 2013 8:19 AM

Aug 2011
Well, this is the first Moe anime I liked xD (Actually I hate to death K-on or chuu2)

Loved the color composition, the OST, the backgrounds and the seiyuus.
Indeed, there was no plot even for being a slice of life, but I have to point out that I found this show quite relaxing.

So a give a 8.6 out of 10, a 9 for MAL :P

Lovely show :3
Apr 2, 2013 3:01 PM

Sep 2009
I finally managed to bring myself to finish this show, ending "drama" was rather cringe worthy. The cast had a few pretty entertaining characters, but everything else was just a tiny bit too meh, and sadly that "else" garnered way too much of the screen time.

I wish KyoAni would go back to making moe(this, chuu2 and hyouka have been more or less disappointing) instead of diluting it with "this will appeal more to mainstream audience" crap, like het romance and large but bland supporting cast for example.

6/10
IDexApr 2, 2013 3:07 PM
Apr 5, 2013 5:23 AM
Sep 2012
They should do a sequel with just Mochizou as the main focus of Mochizou X Tamako. every other character was bland as hell except for Mochizou. GOD DAMMIT AND THEY ONLY GAVE HIM LIKE 15 MINUTES WORTH OF SCREEN TIME AND HE WAS GONNA CONFESS AND MIDORI SELFISHLY RUINED IT!
Apr 5, 2013 1:32 PM

Feb 2011
God dammit this pissed me off. Sequel hooks and a multitude of unresolved plot threads are not the same thing, Kyoto Animation!

Say what you will about moe, at least K-ON! and Chuu2 RESOLVED SHIT. At least SHIT HAPPENED. It might not be world-shattering but there was a definite difference between the beginning and the ending of the series.

I'd forgive how derivative this show is if at least they DID SHIT. But apparently that's too much to ask for these days.

At least there's payoff with other moe series. This is just... gaaahhhhh!

Worst. Moe show. Ever.
LordRadicalApr 5, 2013 1:35 PM
Apr 6, 2013 3:59 AM

Sep 2010
Definitely gonna miss this show. It was a good ride and I've enjoyed it lots. KyoAni delivered again. If only they will do some sequels of long due shows already (Haruhi for example).
Apr 8, 2013 2:38 AM

Mar 2013
The ending was kind of meh but the entire experience was really beautiful. I'm glad I gave the series a chance, it was definitely worth it.
Apr 13, 2013 9:37 AM

Sep 2012
did any1 noticed?, Choi touched that ring on her neck!!! i bet she has mole ther to just like Tamako, so i think she is the real candidate for prince's pride, i only wonder dose she herself know? but Choi seems to have feelings for prince, she just has not realized it jet!!!
Apr 14, 2013 6:18 PM

Aug 2012
Enjoyable series, 8/10
I've never seen Mochi before, but after watching this I want to try it!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2013

175 by bakakisima »»
Apr 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 6, 2013

179 by bakakisima »»
Apr 27, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2013

365 by Estefan »»
Mar 19, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2013

219 by HyperNova06 »»
Jan 24, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2013

132 by katakumplat »»
Dec 31, 2023 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.