Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 13, 2008 1:02 PM

Jul 2008
This type of episode is what makes Clannad amazing. I appreciate Tomoya so much more after this episode.
Dec 13, 2008 2:32 PM

May 2008
Hopefully people who are leeching off their parents or lazy to get work are inspired to do something.

Just kidding.
We all know those kind of people won't ever change hahaha.
Dec 13, 2008 3:03 PM

Nov 2007
Ha ha ha that light saber battle was awesome xD, didn't expect that, I guess Okazaki really is making progress although I feel sorry for Nagisa D: still a very good episode though ^^
Dec 13, 2008 5:05 PM

Jun 2008
Meh Ilike it...
Dec 13, 2008 5:33 PM

Jun 2008
Oh how I adore Tomoya and Nagisa. Akio was hilarious! It reminds me though, of how much I miss Sunohara. I laughed hard when Tomoya said "so specific", at Sanae's fear, the Bengal monitor lizard. The Star Wars sword fight, roflpie. & The fact that Tomoyo "ran" with them! Hahaha! <3

& I really like how Nagisa takes things, I mean, what more could you ask for. That just proves the love she has. I really am sad for her though and sad for the lack of quality time they have, but hopefully that will be settled and they can live better. Awh, Tomoya not appearing for the Festival was so sad...once that song hit, my eyes watered. Wow. They already behave like a married couple, which is beyond cute too. + I still despise the upbeat ending, well, I just don't like how it is inserted in this type of atmosphere. -__-!
Dec 13, 2008 8:12 PM

Jun 2007
Ah Tomoya is working so hard ;_;
I felt so happy when he got his name thingy.
Great episode
Kittenia said:
It reminds me though, of how much I miss Sunohara.

This ep also reminded me that
Dec 13, 2008 9:37 PM

Aug 2008
~Ahh the peaceful and cheerful, yet filled with hardship, life of a young couple.
Looks like Tomoya has luck in his side, even though his job's still a hard one, since his coworkers & boss are cool, and he has Yusuke's aide. This episode made me realize how hard Electricians like Tomoya have it.
Even though they might not see each other much, and assuming no Tragedies or stuff of the sort occur, Nagisa and Tomoya will end up having alot of free time after, and if, Nagisa graduates.
Also, I think they end up having a son, right? Ushio was it? Well I don't know much, nor do I wanna spoil it, since I don't look up spoilers or references if I can.
I rather be surprised, and enjoy the plot and twists along the way of stories, such as this anime.

~The lightsaver scene really cracked me up! I rewinded that particular scene alot too! :P
The Lizard one was hilarious as well. ;)

I love these series!
~And KyoAny & Key as well! ¦3
Dec 14, 2008 12:42 AM

Aug 2008
Although very realistic, I still feel that the humour during the school days are better and more preferred for me. Lets take episode 16 - 18 in season 1 for example, they are the most awesome ever arc in both season. I kinda felt boring after watching 9 til now.. although there are some funny scees now and then.. and I sort of miss Kyou and the rest, what are they doing T_T
Dec 14, 2008 2:35 AM

Feb 2008
Awww. So cute.

Although does anyone else want Nagisa and Tomoya to actually y'know behave more like a couple? I want them to hug or something T__T
Dec 14, 2008 5:24 AM

Jan 2008
I want a girlfriend like Nagisa.

我爱你

Dec 14, 2008 5:25 AM

Dec 2008
LolitaDecay said:
Awww. So cute.

Although does anyone else want Nagisa and Tomoya to actually y'know behave more like a couple? I want them to hug or something T__T

QFT.
Like, geez, Tomoya walks her out of his house without a kiss or hug, just a goodbye wave. orz.

But I prefer him to hug Tomoyo instead (Yabei, can't resist x.x)

Dec 14, 2008 5:28 AM

Aug 2008
There's something I'm worried about, though...

If Clannad finished airing, what anime from the almighty Key would we see next?
Dec 14, 2008 5:57 AM

Dec 2008
Well maybe a Door or something, since thats what a Key is made for..

Dec 14, 2008 6:38 AM

Jan 2008
slayer545-sama said:
SwordWielder said:
have we even completed 10 arc to get 10 lights?
let's start from beginning...

CLANNAD

fuko
kotomi
kyou & ryou?
tomoyo?

AFTER STORY

sunohara sibling
misae
yukine
komura?(graduation)

looks like 8 to me... where did the other 2 come from?

They are coming: Fuko and what is the last one?
slayer545-sama said:
SwordWielder said:
have we even completed 10 arc to get 10 lights?
let's start from beginning...

CLANNAD

fuko
kotomi
kyou & ryou?
tomoyo?

AFTER STORY

sunohara sibling
misae
yukine
komura?(graduation)

looks like 8 to me... where did the other 2 come from?

They are coming: Fuko and what is the last one?

they shouldn't put the light since the arc hasn't started yet

Dec 14, 2008 10:15 AM
Dec 2007
This episode was a bit boring but needed to understand the rest of the series, and it was realistic too (oh I wish I'll never do these kinds of manual works in my life again, and I'm pretty sure I won't, fortunately !) so I guess I'll pass for this one ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 14, 2008 10:39 AM

May 2008
I wish the real world is kind and happy like Clannad's. The working world I see is nowhere near encouraging or happy like that.
Dec 14, 2008 11:47 AM

Apr 2007
AI DA!
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 14, 2008 3:04 PM

Oct 2007
Nice episode, good pacing, decent characters. You just now something bad will be coming tho but I'm sure they will get trough it, I really hope so.

The lizard scene was hilariously funny and Nagisa's dad playing Star Wars was awesome.

Also I really like this scene of Yoshino:

He's just to freaking cool O_o

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Dec 14, 2008 3:36 PM

Nov 2008
Smasher said:
Nice episode, good pacing, decent characters. You just now something bad will be coming tho but I'm sure they will get trough it, I really hope so.

The lizard scene was hilariously funny and Nagisa's dad playing Star Wars was awesome.

Also I really like this scene of Yoshino:

Yup, liked that part too. Also it reminded me of how he was in the first episode with the baseball game.

He's just to freaking cool O_o
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 14, 2008 5:20 PM

Jul 2007
Sheepdude said:
I don't understand those who are uninterested in the show's progression at this point. For me, seeing our main characters graduate from high school and move on in their lives is exciting (after having an entire 34 episodes dedicated to their senior year!) It would be much worse to see this be a perpetual high school anime. I feel that if you're disinterested in seeing where Nagisa's and Tomoya's lives are heading, then you haven't really become attached to them as characters.

It is exciting but now we miss out on things we enjoyed in the beginning. Just because we miss those things doesn't mean we aren't attached to the characters. I think of it as a main element in the show that created a lot of humor and interesting situations now gone.
Dec 14, 2008 8:11 PM

Mar 2008
He needs to kisssssssssssssss herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!
Dec 15, 2008 3:00 AM

Mar 2008
Next episode is Akio's arc. Just figured it out.
Dec 15, 2008 4:51 AM

Nov 2008
Sheepdude said:
Next episode is Akio's arc. Just figured it out.

Wow, really dude? That will be awesome. We get to see some ideas from this character and Akio should have more time now since the future of his daughter is changing so much.

Actually I have seen #12. YOU ARE WRONG! It is the arc of Yoshino.
slayer545-samaDec 19, 2008 1:24 PM
Dec 15, 2008 6:29 AM

Mar 2008
Although I really like Clannad, the realism is kind of bugging me. If I wanted to watch real life, I'd place a camera in the middle of the school or something. I do enjoy slice of life, but not a miserable life that doesn't seem appealing at all...

Well, I'll forgive them, since it's Clannad and I think things will get better soon.
Dec 15, 2008 3:59 PM

Jun 2008
Koji_Makenshi said:
He needs to kisssssssssssssss herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

I'm counting down the seconds. Every time they depart under the light and say goodnight, I'm anticipating a damn a hug, even a kiss. Them holding hands made me squeal, hehehe. They are too cute, even cuter when they get romantic, omgyesyesyes. & I'd like to say I actually like how realistic this show is, it's perfectly great! But I do miss Sunohara. Where are thou? <3 I want next ep...waits...waits...!
Dec 17, 2008 9:20 AM

Dec 2008
Teddy said:
Although I really like Clannad, the realism is kind of bugging me. If I wanted to watch real life, I'd place a camera in the middle of the school or something. I do enjoy slice of life, but not a miserable life that doesn't seem appealing at all...

Hahaha, i dn't think that a camera in the middle of school will have the same effect :P
And Tomoya's life isn't all that bad. It doesn't seem like he's miserable. Sometimes, I wish I was in his position. Nagisa... :]
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Dec 17, 2008 9:14 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was great, a lot of maturing, taking responsibility and learning life lessons. Tomoya's nothing like he used to be in school anymore. Looks like he's developing a good friendship with Yoshino-san, but FFS he needs to kiss Nagisa already!!!
Dec 18, 2008 1:43 PM

Jul 2008
This show is becoming so painful to watch. I don't know how I'm going to make it another 13 episodes. I liked Tomoya alot better when he was sarcastic and fun. Don't even get me started on Nagisa! She is quite possible the biggest Mary Sue I've ever seen. He personality has become as interesting as a brown paper bag.
Dec 19, 2008 11:15 AM
Jun 2007
hmmm....watching Clannad AS these days has become quite chore. I miss the good old days watching the gang's colorful Highschool life. lol. this transition to adulthood, has been quite boring for the most part but I guess I'll give this a couple more of episodes.
Dec 19, 2008 12:08 PM

Sep 2008
It's getting quiet serious, the matter is, life isn't really all fun and games, even though we all wish it may be :(
Dec 19, 2008 2:19 PM

Apr 2007
Another boring episode *yawn*
Dec 20, 2008 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
yeesh this forum has turned into such a Tomoya love fest. I really don't see what the deal is about him. If it wasn't for my sister, who is a huge fan of the series & makes me download it for her, i would've dropped this series back in episode 4. I loved the first season but i find this to be a poor sequel. its not funny, cool, or as sad as the first series was. I liked Kanon a whole lot better than this. & yes i know i'm going to get a huge amount of hate-mail for this comment, but i really don't give a shit.
Mod edit I SWEAR TO GOD THE NEXT PERSON WHO POSTS THIS SPOILER GETS BANNED. Okay, maybe not, but it is against the rules so... label and tag, please! Also, please do not discuss the game/manga/other form of the story beyond this episode.

I liked her alot back in the first series but now I hate the bitch.

fr49200 said:
Itachi-san said:
Another boring episode *yawn*

i agree with you 100%
fr49200 said:
hackysack07 said:
This show is becoming so painful to watch. I don't know how I'm going to make it another 13 episodes. I liked Tomoya alot better when he was sarcastic and fun. Don't even get me started on Nagisa! She is quite possible the biggest Mary Sue I've ever seen. He personality has become as interesting as a brown paper bag.

Lol & here i thought i was the only one who thought that!

Mod Edit: Please use the edit button instead of making multiple posts. I'll also take this chance to remind everyone that "I agree" is not an acceptable post by itself. It's spamming, so please don't.
asandariDec 20, 2008 12:59 PM
Dec 20, 2008 2:45 PM

Aug 2008
Yoshino's story could have been it's own three episode arc in the style of what's been happening in After Story. It had the potential to be a really good story, but they just decided to rush job it into one episode and use it to set up Okazaki getting married. Bad choice. Yet another lame episode to me.
Dec 21, 2008 10:38 AM

Jun 2008
This isn't anywhere near as enjoyable as the first season, or the first few episodes of this one. It feels so lonely without all the other characters. Basically since he left school, it's been sort of dull. I miss all the comedy with Sunohara and Kyou and the others.
Dec 22, 2008 4:21 PM

Dec 2008
Great episode! What happens in Clannad really can be compared to something of a larger scale like real life itself making it stand out from other anime. Watching each episode to me slows time down, it's as if I'm dragged into the actual show and watching as a bystander observing everything as it unfolds. Tomoya is really becoming used to working and fits in well with the other employees, Yoshino is a very understanding person who is considerate towards others (especially the newcomers), Lol at Akio and the toy story man with the light saber battle (Aha the old man actually kept count of the current score as well as hit Okazaki in the head). Laughed a lot at the scene when they put the lizard down Sanae's back (wow she's really specific in her least favorite animal), Yoshino covering for Tomoya in the festival day was a really good thing, but Tomoya also took responsibility showing how much he has changed since last season, Nagisa and Tomoya moments later on were sweet also from the fact that Tomoya wants to spend all his free time with here as Nagisa is the inspiration that drives Tomoya to live on life. Episode was great and I can't wait to see the next one!
Dec 22, 2008 11:04 PM

May 2008
No Kyou :(

Clannad just felt magical in the first season; now its like the second season is facing the reality that things change in life. its sad but beautiful; thats what I love so much about clannad.
Dec 22, 2008 11:11 PM

Nov 2008
theeggman85 said:

Clannad just felt magical in the first season; now its like the second season is facing the reality that things change in life. its sad but beautiful; thats what I love so much about clannad.

I think we might see Kyou in her new job since they show it in the OP so Kyou will come back no worries, I also hope Sunohara will also pop by.
Dec 22, 2008 11:22 PM

May 2008
slayer545-sama said:
theeggman85 said:

I think we might see Kyou in her new job since they show it in the OP so Kyou will come back no worries, I also hope Sunohara will also pop by.

yeah its always a good thing to see the old gang, and they have plenty of time to wrap the story up.
Dec 27, 2008 11:58 AM

Oct 2008
The game adults play, Akio...

What the... A light saber match between some grandpa and Akio was rather unexpected.
Jan 13, 2009 9:16 PM

Aug 2008
Man this is the most boring crap I have ever watched. One more episode is all I can take. If Episode 12 sucks as much as the last 4 episodes have sucked, I'm done.

Where the hell is the frikkin story? This is nonsense.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jan 20, 2009 9:59 PM

Jan 2009
Just finished this ep.
Why do I have the feeling that something bad is about to happen?

Feb 19, 2009 12:57 PM
Jun 2008
I never realized this thing of 10 lights before I read someone here mentioning it O_O

seems powerful.
Apr 1, 2009 11:06 PM

Jan 2009
lichard said:
I want a girlfriend like Nagisa.

You are not the only one.

EDIT:
pdf4 said:
I never realized this thing of 10 lights before I read someone here mentioning it.

Same here. What do you mean?
juankerApr 1, 2009 11:10 PM
May 7, 2009 2:57 AM
Apr 2009
This episode shows just how much Tomoya he's matured.

However, I'd feel like an asshole for standing up Furukawa like that.
May 10, 2009 7:41 PM

Mar 2009
this ep was nice
the scene with the lightsabers was unexpected.
May 10, 2009 7:44 PM

May 2009
Overall a good episode, need I say more.

Agree with the bit on the light sabers.
Jul 15, 2009 2:43 AM

Jun 2009
BeckMCS
In my opinion, one of the things that made this series stand out from others in the genre, was the humor. Compared to the other Key Works, Clannad had more humor in any given episode than either Air or Kanon did in their entire series (sorry, I exaggerated for emphasis). Akio is always good for a quick chuckle, but to me, Sunohara really was the root of humor in this show. Without him I fear that it will never be as funny as it once was.
[/quote said:

I don't think the show is necessarily going for the humorous approach anymore. The tone of the story went serious at episode 9. It doesn't bother me, I've enjoyed pretty much everything about clannad.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 15, 2009 10:03 PM

Jan 2008
Man, they need to kiss or hug or at least hold hands by now, geez.
Jul 15, 2009 10:13 PM

Jun 2009
I can sympathize with you. When I was watching this, I was impatient for them to become a lovey dovey couple. But without spoiling anything, it'll all be worthwhile. The wait wouldn't matter by the end of the series.
Fear the finger of death
Jul 30, 2009 8:34 PM

May 2008
Loved this episode the best of this series so far. I noticed a lot of people feeling sorry for Nagisa that Tomoya is working constantly, but Japanese women are proud of their men for working hard. Everything in this episode was uplifting, which unfortunately means that when the crash comes it will be much more painful.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

725 by H8trs »»
12 hours ago

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.