3It was OK
6.4%
2Disliked it
1.6%
1Hated it
1.0%
Average 4.6
502 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 11, 2008 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Okazaki is working hard, but I feeld sad for lonely Nagisa :(
Clannad is not fulfilling dreams, it's hard like in reality.. that is why it stands out.
Next episode smells rather epic again
Dec 11, 2008 3:26 PM

Nov 2008
Very nice episode! Liked seeing Okazaki's father and he looked way better. Forget that he is a acquaintance of the father and not the father. I missed the last part after Otosa.

Once again the reason why I appreciated this episode more than anything is that it is so close to real life it is incredible I have lectured and taught life lessons to friends and younger people so they learn from my mistakes and manage life better If I knew that Clannad existed at that time I would get this to them and tell them "You watch this and the subs then you tell me what you think about your life then!" I would certainly teach them then with better ease and better because like I said to someone
Clannad is Life in Japan!

Going on, it starts all again. Okazaki starts to work more than before. Life starts at a such a realistic level it made me go back when I was 17/18 fresh from school and reminded me that time.
The music (Time flow/place /people sad song T_T) along with Nagisa practicing gym by herself and I though that Sakagami and Yukine were with her. So sad to see and endure that Nagisa is more alone than ever and the drama club is gone. :( I think she even might start getting a depression but I think that seeing Okazaki makes it better for her mentality all together.

Once again so great to have seen the fact that the studio making Clannad is doing everything all right. I mean the illustration of Okazaki working then coming home back and forth each day; Nagisa being there for him like a wife. The only thing that is frustrating is that Okazaki is taking too much time to be a real lover to Nagisa. I mean the kiss! It's all about the kiss.

I had such great laughter at the Akio VS Old Man Star Wars light saber action! Such good funny scene. Really great is Clannad.

What followed made me even more laugh. The part with Sanae and putting the lizard in her back. XD Very funny especially the chase scene and wow is Sanae "Road Runner"

Seems the boss is making Okazaki work more and he even sends him out on his own but I am pretty sure there is a screw up even if the night before Yoshino tells Okazaki about doing a good job.

Some tears went down (a little) ;_; when Okazaki rejoined Nagisa after he fixed up his screw up at the job and the sun was setting down at the school. Them eating there just for a moment I remembered the school and how all was. I miss the old gang just like in my signature spoiler. Nagisa whipping off the sweat of Okazaki, was :3

In the end because Yoshino is such a nice guy and yes I T_T when Yoshino accepted Okazaki's physical problems and forgave him for his mistakes at work. Also liked that he would not report this because he is that good of friend. That is exactly what good friends are. I had Many times I did things I was not supposed but the University never threw me out because I have good friends who are nice in personality like Yoshino and made sure to hide those facts because the University is too strict and I have a problem against many of their clauses.

Very happy that Okazaki gets to be permanent employee of the company. That is because his work tag changes from blue to white.

Next episode Okazaki gets closer to Nagisa and things start getting more serious. Nagisa with hat So cute! I want to see it soon.

1.Light saber hit! Star Wars parodies Are cool!
2.Sanae is so funny like that and runs like Road Runner.

1.Nagisa with corn at school! :3
2.Nagisa in the next episode with a hat. Very cute and want to see her at that epiosde! :3
slayer545-samaDec 12, 2008 5:03 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 11, 2008 6:06 PM

Oct 2008
slayer545-sama said:
Very nice episode! Liked seeing Okazaki's father and he looked way better.

That wasn't his dad, but rather his dad's former co-worker
Dec 11, 2008 7:02 PM

Mar 2008
mouselmm said:
slayer545-sama said:

LOL! At first I was like, "where did Naoyuki appear in this episode..." and then I realized that slayer is just retarded.

Anyway, I LOVE CLANNAD! Next week looks to be the start of cohabitation.
Dec 11, 2008 7:53 PM

Nov 2008
Sheepdude said:
mouselmm said:
slayer545-sama said:

LOL! At first I was like, "where did Naoyuki appear in this episode..." and then I realized that slayer is just retarded.

Anyway, I LOVE CLANNAD! Next week looks to be the start of cohabitation.

No, not retarded, I just was tired and missed the last part after father. Mistake, I apologize. He is indeed a co-worker.

mouselmm said:
slayer545-sama said:

Yeah I got it, just misheard bad. Sorry once again, I'll be careful with my posts.
Dec 11, 2008 8:23 PM

May 2007
Wow this episode makes me feel like a completely WORTHLESS bum.

I go to bed way past midnight and wake up at noon, having skipped my class. I am so privileged, yet I so unworthy to live such a life when compared to the hardship that Tomoya has to go through. I am not using all the opportunities available to me - rather I am burning and wasting life away.

Someone should make an inspiration poster out of Tomoya.
The new acronym: WWTD - "What Would Tomoya Do"

Tomoya the Electrician >>>>>>>>> Me the electrical engineering major in grad school

I think I am going to watch these couple of episodes a few more times and reform my awful life habits...
Dec 11, 2008 9:29 PM
Nov 2007
W-General said:
Wow this episode makes me feel like a completely WORTHLESS bum.

I go to bed way past midnight and wake up at noon, having skipped my class. I am so privileged, yet I so unworthy to live such a life when compared to the hardship that Tomoya has to go through. I am not using all the opportunities available to me - rather I am burning and wasting life away.

Someone should make an inspiration poster out of Tomoya.
The new acronym: WWTD - "What Would Tomoya Do"

Tomoya the Electrician >>>>>>>>> Me the electrical engineering major in grad school

I think I am going to watch these couple of episodes a few more times and reform my awful life habits...

Did it inspire you?
Dec 12, 2008 7:24 AM
Jul 2008
I am more happy now with the progress. the 2 episodes arcs were boring and not interesting at all.(in my opinion of course) i was beginning to worry about this season until episode 9 comes. Now, things is more interesting.

And please if you don't have enough time or episodes to show a complete arc, just don't show it.I don't see the importance of Yukine's arc in the story. it could have been interesting , but two episodes?? it was a little fast!As for the other two too.

PS: Sunohara arc was still great . (apart for the end, anti-climatic)

Overall, clannad is good stuff, and i still enjoyed watching it until now.

About this episode. i have only one fear :

What about the preview title (unexpected incident) i dont love the look of this.

In the good point , it means something interesting will maybe happening.
in the bad point , it can be shocking.

oh well, let's find out next weeks!

In conclusion, im proud to annouce the promotion of SLAYER as the new ANGEL666 !!! Congralutation SLAYER !!!!!! I love people giving review !!
Dec 12, 2008 8:03 AM

Oct 2008
need more nagisa screentime!
Dec 12, 2008 8:11 AM

Oct 2008
sceptre777 - Yukine arc was essential to get a orb of light. Now we have 10 on them.
Dec 12, 2008 8:12 AM

Dec 2008
hello1357 said:
need more nagisa screentime!

No. You mean "need more TOMOYO screentime!"
Hell, bring her into the eps! I miss her ( T_T )..
And her combokicks. ;x

Dec 12, 2008 8:20 AM

Mar 2008
Przemos19 said:
sceptre777 - Yukine arc was essential to get a orb of light. Now we have 10 on them.

Right. Yukine also explains about the lights, so that actually was necessary. Same thing with the other arcs - Sunohara siblings and Misae's light GET!
Dec 12, 2008 10:05 AM

Oct 2008
10 down, 4 to go.
Dec 12, 2008 1:30 PM

Jul 2007
Wow this episode had so much meaning, and it was so inspiring. 10/10 to all the anime staff.
Dec 12, 2008 1:31 PM

Jan 2008
have we even completed 10 arc to get 10 lights?
let's start from beginning...

CLANNAD

fuko
kotomi
kyou & ryou?
tomoyo?

AFTER STORY

sunohara sibling
misae
yukine
komura?(graduation)

looks like 8 to me... where did the other 2 come from?
Dec 12, 2008 2:15 PM

Nov 2008
SwordWielder said:
have we even completed 10 arc to get 10 lights?
let's start from beginning...

CLANNAD

fuko
kotomi
kyou & ryou?
tomoyo?

AFTER STORY

sunohara sibling
misae
yukine
komura?(graduation)

looks like 8 to me... where did the other 2 come from?

They are coming: Fuko and what is the last one?
Dec 12, 2008 3:19 PM

Dec 2008
Oooo... this new upcoming episode looks intense. (The title preferably, "Unexpected Incident", the preview didn't look bad at all. But they always do that to make it seem like a normal ep...)

I hope this means something dramatic/shocking/something to do with someone getting hurt coming on. I love the drama in this series and the fact that it always brings me to tears.

I'm most hoping that something will happen like Tomoya falling off of the pole for electrical work and getting really hurt, not something like Nagisa getting sick again. The sick thing is actually kind of getting old for drama... it's happened too many times. Unless it's something like Nagisa getting hit by a car (Which is actually kind of expected... it's happened in too many animes lately) then I don't mind the Nagisa-getting-hurt-phsically theory.

I probably sound like a jerk from saying that but I actually really enjoy drama scenes in anime. (Especially main characters getting put into hospitals)

Maybe Nagisa and Tomoya will break up?...
That's one heck of a guess to keep in mind.
It's possible.
you are my master.
Dec 12, 2008 3:31 PM

Jul 2008
Awesome episode of Clannad After Story!! More Character development I sense

Dec 12, 2008 4:33 PM

Mar 2008
That techno song playing when Yoshino was fixing Tomoyo's mistake was radical.
Dec 12, 2008 4:58 PM

Oct 2008
I give this episode credit for portraying life realistically, but unfortunately real life is pretty boring. I hope something unexpected and exciting happens soon, because the last two episodes were a little boring for me. I assume they are just taking a few episodes to set up the new lifestyle, so I am probably jumping the gun a little bit. The title of the next episode is somewhat intriguing, but from the preview it doesn't look like much is going to happen. Also "incident" usually implies something minor, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

In my opinion, one of the things that made this series stand out from others in the genre, was the humor. Compared to the other Key Works, Clannad had more humor in any given episode than either Air or Kanon did in their entire series (sorry, I exaggerated for emphasis). Akio is always good for a quick chuckle, but to me, Sunohara really was the root of humor in this show. Without him I fear that it will never be as funny as it once was.

Lastly, like Slayer said, the progression of Okazaki and Nagisa is just plain frustrating. They have been going out for a while now, but it appears they skipped right over everything and landed on old married couple. It certainly is a cute relationship, but I really would like to see some kind of shakeup to make it more interesting.
BeckMCSDec 12, 2008 5:02 PM
Dec 12, 2008 5:15 PM

Nov 2008
Hi once again. I am posting this in honor of Nagisa to discuss. Now my opinion about this since it is specifically regarding this episode is that they should have at least have Sakagami go see her during such a time. Here you go
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/12/12/clannad-haet-nagisa/
Dec 12, 2008 5:23 PM

Jul 2007
BeckMCS said:
I give this episode credit for portraying life realistically, but unfortunately real life is pretty boring. I hope something unexpected and exciting happens soon, because the last two episodes were a little boring for me. I assume they are just taking a few episodes to set up the new lifestyle, so I am probably jumping the gun a little bit. The title of the next episode is somewhat intriguing, but from the preview it doesn't look like much is going to happen. Also "incident" usually implies something minor, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

In my opinion, one of the things that made this series stand out from others in the genre, was the humor. Compared to the other Key Works, Clannad had more humor in any given episode than either Air or Kanon did in their entire series (sorry, I exaggerated for emphasis). Akio is always good for a quick chuckle, but to me, Sunohara really was the root of humor in this show. Without him I fear that it will never be as funny as it once was.

Lastly, like Slayer said, the progression of Okazaki and Nagisa is just plain frustrating. They have been going out for a while now, but it appears they skipped right over everything and landed on old married couple. It certainly is a cute relationship, but I really would like to see some kind of shakeup to make it more interesting.

I completely agree with everything you said. I feared that now Okazaki isn't in school it would get boring and it did. The humor is what got me into Clannad, the fact that it wasn't purely an emo roller coaster like Kanon made it awesome. The preview set something up that may be unexpected, hopefully it is really intense. Along with Sunohara it sucks to not have Ryou, Kyou, or Tomoyo appear.

The light saber thing with Akio and that guy at the shop was great though, very unexpected.

Haha "skipped right over everything and landed on old married couple." Awesome way to put it. They need to seriously hug or something, shit.
Dec 12, 2008 6:27 PM

Feb 2008
Slow but nice episode.
Okazaki, don't be an idiot and take care of your girlfriend. Screw work! D:
The lightsaber fight was funny. lol
Dec 12, 2008 6:27 PM

Aug 2007
Ever since they've graduated, I've found it quite boring.....
Dec 12, 2008 7:04 PM
Dec 2007
Very inspiring episode.
I enjoyed the toy battle, too.
Dec 12, 2008 9:33 PM

Dec 2008
De-JaY said:
Slow but nice episode.

I like the fact that it's a slow moving anime. It gets the viewer more into the characters lives and the storyline. The anime is going at a good pace so far.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Dec 12, 2008 10:07 PM

Oct 2008
I enjoy the slow pacing of this show. I dunno if it's because it's directed better than other series or because I care about the characters more (or both). But yeah, "old married couple" mode boggles me. Even a kiss or hug at their goodbye/goodnight would be something.

And I would partake in "adult entertainment" with Sanae any day. I thought it was funnier than the saber fight.
Dec 12, 2008 11:02 PM

Mar 2008
I don't understand those who are uninterested in the show's progression at this point. For me, seeing our main characters graduate from high school and move on in their lives is exciting (after having an entire 34 episodes dedicated to their senior year!) It would be much worse to see this be a perpetual high school anime. I feel that if you're disinterested in seeing where Nagisa's and Tomoya's lives are heading, then you haven't really become attached to them as characters.
Dec 12, 2008 11:07 PM

Jul 2008
The lightsaber duel made my day.

Seeing housewife Nagisa makes me like her a little more, but I hope it gets a little bit more exciting over the next couple episodes. The past few have been kinda too melancholic; it's somewhat depressing but I don't mind it too much.
Dec 13, 2008 12:01 AM

Jul 2008
again a tomoya going to work episode. Nothing too exciting about, but the pace is nice so its still watchable. But the Bengal monitor lizard was funny though.

Dec 13, 2008 1:02 AM
Jul 2018
slayer545-sama said:
Hi once again. I am posting this in honor of Nagisa to discuss. Now my opinion about this since it is specifically regarding this episode is that they should have at least have Sakagami go see her during such a time. Here you go
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/12/12/clannad-haet-nagisa/

waa! i didnt notice that one -_- poor nagisa... well she was not really that sociable in the first place ><

and i need more tomoyo. and sunohara.
Dec 13, 2008 1:06 AM

Nov 2007
Loving the show since they graduated, it's almost like a different series but still distinctly clannad, the way that they have been presenting after school life has just been terrific to me.
Dec 13, 2008 1:11 AM

Sep 2008
That episode Was Phenomenal!!!!!!!!! Epic Victory in short
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Dec 13, 2008 2:11 AM
Aug 2008
The Bengal monitor lizard was the funniest part nee ^__^
But poor nagisa,tomoya late that day =P
I cant wait for the next episode desu! XD
Dec 13, 2008 3:34 AM

Jul 2008
Pretty realistic and awesome ep. Nagisa and Tomoya looks more newlyweds <3
Dec 13, 2008 4:24 AM

Apr 2008
Another light episode for Clannad. I lol'd at Sanae ^^

I really envy Tomoya having such a kind and loving girlfriend ^^

Anyway, I'm feeling that another heavy scene is coming near.

Dec 13, 2008 8:18 AM

Feb 2008
Last two episodes weren't as great as the ones before, but this was still decent.
Dec 13, 2008 9:58 AM

Jul 2008
The lightsaber fight made my day. So did the prank with Sanane. xD

This episode was nice. I want to see what happens in the next episode because it seems to be really sad. D;
[ ] Me and Yuusei; we's like peas and carrots~ [ ]
Dec 13, 2008 11:03 AM

Dec 2007
A rather slow episode, but still enjoyable. They lightsaber fight was epic.
I didn't expect for Tomoya to exchange his date with Nagisa for work.
Dec 13, 2008 12:33 PM

Jan 2008
Yoshino really touched me this episode and the lightsaber fight was awesome.
Dec 13, 2008 1:02 PM

Jul 2008
This type of episode is what makes Clannad amazing. I appreciate Tomoya so much more after this episode.
Dec 13, 2008 2:32 PM

May 2008
Hopefully people who are leeching off their parents or lazy to get work are inspired to do something.

Just kidding.
We all know those kind of people won't ever change hahaha.
Dec 13, 2008 3:03 PM

Nov 2007
Ha ha ha that light saber battle was awesome xD, didn't expect that, I guess Okazaki really is making progress although I feel sorry for Nagisa D: still a very good episode though ^^
Dec 13, 2008 5:05 PM

Jun 2008
Meh Ilike it...
Dec 13, 2008 5:33 PM

Jun 2008
Oh how I adore Tomoya and Nagisa. Akio was hilarious! It reminds me though, of how much I miss Sunohara. I laughed hard when Tomoya said "so specific", at Sanae's fear, the Bengal monitor lizard. The Star Wars sword fight, roflpie. & The fact that Tomoyo "ran" with them! Hahaha! <3

& I really like how Nagisa takes things, I mean, what more could you ask for. That just proves the love she has. I really am sad for her though and sad for the lack of quality time they have, but hopefully that will be settled and they can live better. Awh, Tomoya not appearing for the Festival was so sad...once that song hit, my eyes watered. Wow. They already behave like a married couple, which is beyond cute too. + I still despise the upbeat ending, well, I just don't like how it is inserted in this type of atmosphere. -__-!
Dec 13, 2008 8:12 PM

Jun 2007
Ah Tomoya is working so hard ;_;
I felt so happy when he got his name thingy.
Great episode
Kittenia said:
It reminds me though, of how much I miss Sunohara.

This ep also reminded me that
Dec 13, 2008 9:37 PM

Aug 2008
~Ahh the peaceful and cheerful, yet filled with hardship, life of a young couple.
Looks like Tomoya has luck in his side, even though his job's still a hard one, since his coworkers & boss are cool, and he has Yusuke's aide. This episode made me realize how hard Electricians like Tomoya have it.
Even though they might not see each other much, and assuming no Tragedies or stuff of the sort occur, Nagisa and Tomoya will end up having alot of free time after, and if, Nagisa graduates.
Also, I think they end up having a son, right? Ushio was it? Well I don't know much, nor do I wanna spoil it, since I don't look up spoilers or references if I can.
I rather be surprised, and enjoy the plot and twists along the way of stories, such as this anime.

~The lightsaver scene really cracked me up! I rewinded that particular scene alot too! :P
The Lizard one was hilarious as well. ;)

I love these series!
~And KyoAny & Key as well! ¦3
Dec 14, 2008 12:42 AM

Aug 2008
Although very realistic, I still feel that the humour during the school days are better and more preferred for me. Lets take episode 16 - 18 in season 1 for example, they are the most awesome ever arc in both season. I kinda felt boring after watching 9 til now.. although there are some funny scees now and then.. and I sort of miss Kyou and the rest, what are they doing T_T
Dec 14, 2008 2:35 AM

Feb 2008
Awww. So cute.

Although does anyone else want Nagisa and Tomoya to actually y'know behave more like a couple? I want them to hug or something T__T
Dec 14, 2008 5:24 AM

Jan 2008
I want a girlfriend like Nagisa.

我爱你

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

0 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 10, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.