Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2013 6:31 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, Makoto took the job of cooking and choose Mana house, she mess up everything lol but she didn't cut the carrots but the whole board in half lol.
She went back and decide to practice with Mana and the rest and wow she mastered the cooking in just one day.

Well, she exposed herself as Cure Sword and become friends with Mana and the rest.

Oh that human transform reminds me of Coco and nutz from Precure 5.

Next episode? They will work together and the bonds of them will get stronger.

Sorry for my bad english.
BlackbirdMar 9, 2013 6:49 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 9, 2013 7:29 PM

Apr 2011
i had mixed feelings about this episode. i mean its cute and sweet as usual and a little girls show doesnt have to make much sense, but still...

don't get me wrong, i love precure, and i like the episode too but i just hope the staffs could put more effort into the show...
Mar 9, 2013 8:19 PM

Sep 2012
Just when we thought we are seeing MakoP's clumsy side, we actually also got to see her elite side as she picked up cooking in such a short time.

And given we have such elite Precure, I guess we need some really powered-up monsters too, and so to keep us less bored (all of us have seen how weak these Jikochu monsters are already, right?) out of all sudden we see ONE YEAR passed at the end of the episode. WHAT?!?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 9, 2013 9:31 PM

Nov 2008
Worst Jikochu ever, a growing pig, it's like Toei wasn't even trying this episode, at least the monsters in the next episode look to be at least a challenge, I hope.

Makoto has some nice cooking skills, just not a gentle touch, she broke everything at first then thanks to Mana and the others she got the hang of things.

Mar 9, 2013 10:42 PM
Feb 2010
Cliffhanger ? In precure ? This season is really unusual :P
Mar 9, 2013 10:48 PM
Sep 2012
This episode is really nice. LOL @ Makoto's first cooking attempt and it's about time that Sword and Dabyi revealed themselves. I think that I like Sword's introduction the best. Looks like we get some backstory on what happened previously in the next episode.
Mar 9, 2013 11:14 PM
Jun 2011
wow they already go into the ruin fairys land to fight the big bad guy the pace of this season is very fast
Mar 10, 2013 12:57 AM

Apr 2012
These monsters of the week are so stupid! I mean, sometimes in Heartcatch, their Heart Flowers were wilting for stupid reasons but every reason this show gives for being "selfish" is just dumb! That whole episode was bad except for the end. I hope for better next week. I am glad Sword joined them though...
Mar 10, 2013 1:09 AM

Oct 2011
Good to see Mana's "pink leader personality flaw" in action and that she is aware of it - rushing into action without thinking is not always good thing, this is nice touch.

Very good Makopi-centric episode I might say: showing her cute side but also resolve not to give up, also bit of human touch - no emo, no superiority complex like certain other violet failure of a Precure, she just wanted them to help her/be friends. And in next episode we will probably have this.

I don't care about the monster :) it can be weak, dumb (still it's way better than let's say Wig Monster or other Wester's plans) but this episode had some decent character development, and it's still some time for bigger enemies.
Mar 10, 2013 7:16 AM

Apr 2009
I wish they would improve the fighting scenes, but otherwise I liked this episode.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 10, 2013 8:45 AM

Apr 2012
@Nidhoeggr I second that. The past two Precures (this and Smile) just haven't had good fighting scenes...
Mar 10, 2013 8:50 AM
Jun 2011
Shoujo-K said:
@Nidhoeggr I second that. The past two Precures (this and Smile) just haven't had good fighting scenes...
well since they now arrived at the thrump kingdom and the big villains in there there is a chance the fights will improve
Mar 10, 2013 9:29 AM

Apr 2012
That's true. I hope next week is better!
Mar 10, 2013 9:40 AM

Oct 2011
elior1 said:
Shoujo-K said:
well since they now arrived at the thrump kingdom and the big villains in there there is a chance the fights will improve
Not sure - it seems it will be some talking about what happened, who was that person Makopi was singing to and stuff like this...

but than I'm not here for fights so I don't mind :)
Mar 10, 2013 12:41 PM

Nov 2008
Agreed that the monster-of-the-week was disappointing because there wasn't much of a fight, but I was more disappointed that they were obviously padding for time with the transformation sequences. Don't get me wrong, I love each transformation, but it's about time for the streamlined approach.

I'm looking forward to hearing what's the deal with the Trump Kingdom next week. Also, is it just me, or does Cure Sword remind anyone else of the Starlights from Sailor Moon? (Minus the gender change, of course.)
Mar 10, 2013 12:44 PM
Nov 2012
I hope this show starts to get going soon!
Mar 10, 2013 12:54 PM

Jul 2009
why does Japan think Charles is a girl's name?
Mar 10, 2013 1:19 PM
Sep 2011
Pretty good character development episode. I knew I wouldn't be disliking Makoto for long. I still think her design and voice are really ugly, but she's a good character.

She's giving me tsundere vibes with her "I just wanted to see how they live." She might as well have said "I-It's not like I wanted to be friends with those girls. Baka!"

I laughed when the omurice turned out huge.

Definitely the worst episode in terms of fighting but I didn't see how they were going to do much inside the restaurant. I really hope they explain that rainbow power that repairs buildings.

Next episode looks like we'll be gearing up for something big. I'm still betting that this mascot baby creature ends up being the fabled important person Makoto is looking for.
Mar 10, 2013 2:36 PM

Jul 2012
One of my favorite episodes yet.

I loved the time that Makopi spent with the other girls, though my only complaint is that Toei needs to combine the three girls' transformations already! Maybe they'll save that though for when Makopi stops being an adorable tsundere and truly accepts herself in the group.

The fight was pretty meh, but the development at the end plus the twist made up for it, and you can tell the fight wasn't the main focus of this episode at all.

Next week, come faster.
Mar 10, 2013 4:37 PM

Apr 2012
Does anyone have any information on the 2014 Precure? If not, can you tell me when that information usually comes out? Thanks!
Mar 10, 2013 4:39 PM
Sep 2011
Shoujo-K said:
Does anyone have any information on the 2014 Precure? If not, can you tell me when that information usually comes out? Thanks!

Info on the next Precure season usually doesn't come until the current season is right about to end, so you'll be waiting until January 2014 for sure.
Mar 10, 2013 5:22 PM

Apr 2012
Boo...
Mar 10, 2013 6:54 PM

Dec 2011
New Stage 2 clips in the opening, as expected. I couldn’t help but grin through the whole sequence, and seeing all the girls again brings out some fuzzy nostalgia within me. I’m envious of those who can watch it once it comes out next Saturday.

Nice episode overall. I like how we get to see some scenes from Makopi’s perspective, giving a bit more depth of her character. Now I’m curious about her relation with the princess/the person she’s looking for. At first I thought she was some sort of bodyguard, but that scene where she sings for said person when the Trump Kingdom was still intact seems to imply more about their relationship. It’s a pleasant surprise to see it end with a cliffhanger; I don’t think the past seasons have had that this early. Next episode sounds interesting.
Mar 10, 2013 11:48 PM

Nov 2011
Another one hit kill battle. I sure hope this will change after this episode or else this season won't be much different than the previous.

Mar 11, 2013 2:42 AM

Mar 2012
The movie trailer in the middle of the opening kind of threw me off. Then again, I'm new to the franchise. And judging by the response, I'm guessing this is common practice.

Anyway, the fight scene was kind of weak and the transformations, while visually stunning, drag on for way too long. I can stand one or two at a time but three is just overkill. Luckily the episode was rich in characterisation and had some really funny moments. My favourite part of the episode has to be when Makopi smashed the eggs together. Also I really liked the cliffhanger ending. Looks like they're finally explaining Cure Sword's backstory. It'll be a nice change of pace from the monster of the week.

It's still got over 40 episodes to go which means the inevitable filler episodes will pop their head up at some point. But so far, the show is doing a great job of keeping me invested.

On another note, Fucking 4kids!
Mar 11, 2013 4:00 AM

Apr 2012
Let me guess...that lollipop was a cigarette originally? They did the same thing with Sanji in One Piece -_-
Mar 11, 2013 7:19 AM
Mar 2012
symbv said:

And given we have such elite Precure, I guess we need some really powered-up monsters too, and so to keep us less bored (all of us have seen how weak these Jikochu monsters are already, right?) out of all sudden we see ONE YEAR passed at the end of the episode. WHAT?!?

Where are you getting this idea that a year passed from?
Mar 11, 2013 8:22 AM

Sep 2012
Jason- said:
symbv said:

My bad as I meant it as a joke. I meant to say that in the trailer we see something like the last boss and usually this kind of last boss we get to see only near the end of the series, which is like almost one year from now. So I was joking that the pace of the series seems to have switched to a fast mode that we get to see the last boss and with the old man cadre villain some much stronger Jikochu.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 11, 2013 8:26 AM

Sep 2012
SquadmemberRitsu said:
The movie trailer in the middle of the opening kind of threw me off. Then again, I'm new to the franchise. And judging by the response, I'm guessing this is common practice.
Yes it is indeed common. Every year there is a new PreCure movie and every time it will use its OP as the advertisement platform. Save some precious CM slot time -- pretty smart, isn't it?

SquadmemberRitsu said:
the transformations, while visually stunning, drag on for way too long. I can stand one or two at a time but three is just overkill.
Well, actually there are four as you have to count the (new) transformation scene of MakoP/Cure Sword as well. And I think you need to cut the anime some slack. Don't forget you are watching an anime with the main target being 6-11 year old girls.And I am sure they would like to see other transformation scenes for comparison when there is a new transformation scene coming up.

Mar 11, 2013 10:22 AM

Oct 2011
symbv said:
Well, actually there are four as you have to count the (new) transformation scene of MakoP/Cure Sword as well. And I think you need to cut the anime some slack. Don't forget you are watching an anime with the main target being 6-11 year old girls.And I am sure they would like to see other transformation scenes for comparison when there is a new transformation scene coming up.
It's still not bad as All Star Movies with 20+ Precures transforming :D

But soon I think they will switch to all 4 girls transforming at once (split screen and all that) it was always like this - so we need only wait 3 or 4 episodes for it. Than probably in the middle again (if they will go with some new fancy upgrade along the way).

PS. There are two movies - one is All Star or whatever it's called now opportunity to see how first two generations were awesome, and than in Fall there will be additional DokiDoki movie.
Mar 11, 2013 1:57 PM

Sep 2007
I never thought it's was a cigaret for him.

For the episode 6 : loved the twist at the end from the start of the show.
It's a little strange for me. O_o
I began to watch precure from HC and it's the first time they do that from the beginning.
Mar 11, 2013 6:54 PM

Aug 2011
Yeah! I was wondering when the old man would show up. He's every bit intimidating and powerful as I expected. Looks like an intense episode next week.
Mar 12, 2013 6:51 AM

Apr 2011
i lol at MakoPi's cooking skills. It was quite a mess.
Mar 13, 2013 2:43 AM

Sep 2012
Wow, the look of the old man villain is actually based on the look of the seiyuu who voiced the character!

Mar 13, 2013 7:51 AM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
Wow, the look of the old man villain is actually based on the look of the seiyuu who voiced the character!

Cool info!

I think I've seen that somewhere before...
Mar 14, 2013 10:20 AM

Nov 2008
symbv said:

Very cool find, they both look badass.

Mar 16, 2013 5:11 AM

Apr 2011
Aww...I think Makoto was so happy she almost cried. *sniff*

I hope they reveal the princess soon enough.

And if Dabyi can turn human, I hope we can see Lance, Raqcuel, and Sharuru's human forms in the near future.
Mar 20, 2013 11:18 PM
Sep 2009
symbv said:
Jason- said:
symbv said:

My bad as I meant it as a joke. I meant to say that in the trailer we see something like the last boss and usually this kind of last boss we get to see only near the end of the series, which is like almost one year from now. So I was joking that the pace of the series seems to have switched to a fast mode that we get to see the last boss and with the old man cadre villain some much stronger Jikochu.

ShiroiRyu said:

I began to watch precure from HC and it's the first time they do that from the beginning.

If I recall, the original Pretty Cure (Futari Wa) had the Dark King show up fairly early to order around his subordinates, but they didn't actually get to face him down proper until the midway point of the series (it was kinda divided into two story halves).
Pretty Cure Splash Star did the same thing, only in that case the Cures were most certainly not ready for how powerful the huge evil king guy was, and had to escape.
...If I remember right.
It's been a few years.
*puts both on his rewatch list*
Just my two cents.
Jul 20, 2013 10:27 AM

Apr 2010
ScrewBall said:
symbv said:
Jason- said:
symbv said:

ShiroiRyu said:

If I recall, the original Pretty Cure (Futari Wa) had the Dark King show up fairly early to order around his subordinates, but they didn't actually get to face him down proper until the midway point of the series (it was kinda divided into two story halves).
Pretty Cure Splash Star did the same thing, only in that case the Cures were most certainly not ready for how powerful the huge evil king guy was, and had to escape.
...If I remember right.
It's been a few years.
*puts both on his rewatch list*

In Splash Star Gohyaan pops up every once in awhile and kicks their butts, but I can't remember if Akudaikan ever showed up. I know there was a fight with him before the final episodes, but it's been so long I can't remember everything well.
May 9, 2018 12:05 PM
Sep 2015
The whole princess thing sounds a Sailor Moon ripoff but we'll see about that.
I am glad that this show teaches kids that gluttony is bad, lol.

The moments where MakoP was cooking were so cringy, I guess kids laugh with those scenes but they were so stupid for me.
Aug 12, 2021 11:33 AM

Feb 2020
"So, can you wash the carrots for me?
"Sure."
"D-don't use detergent!"

LMAO. xD That was hilarious.

"The blade of courage, Cure Sword!" It was nice to see Makoto's transformation.

More topics from this board

Poll: » DokiDoki! Precure Episode 35 Discussion

ZettaiRyouiki - Oct 12, 2013

14 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:25 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 27 Discussion

Kaengel - Aug 4, 2013

20 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 21, 2023 3:12 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 23 Discussion

symbv - Jul 6, 2013

31 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 22 Discussion

FrozenLilith - Jun 29, 2013

29 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Oct 14, 2023 3:13 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 4 Discussion

symbv - Feb 23, 2013

27 by Archer2 »»
Jul 11, 2023 5:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.