Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2013 7:50 PM
May 2012
only 2 eps left till the show comes to an end (With pointless flashback during ep12). Seriously, I thought Kasei is an another antagonist?

I'll be damned IF the show ends in cliffhanger soon.
JafriZinMar 7, 2013 9:46 PM
Mar 7, 2013 7:55 PM
Jul 2018
JeffreyZin said:
WHAT THE HELL?!! Makishima just killed the old man during the beginning OFF-SCREEN and I was like 'WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!'!

Then did he just took his eyeball out at the end?

That's just great, only 2 eps left till the show comes to an end (With pointless flashback during ep12). Seriously, I thought Kasei is an another antagonist?

I'll be damned IF the show ends in cliffhanger soon.

Right? I think it needs at least 25 episodes... Hopefully I'm proved wrong.
Mar 7, 2013 8:26 PM

Aug 2008
My heart will break if Shougo doesn't win and see what he wants. I can feel it cracking with those huge grins of his.
Mar 7, 2013 8:26 PM

May 2009
The flash back sequence part made me tear up especially with Yuki. Ugh ;_;
"You could've become happy. As long as people are alive, anyone can do it."
I am so done with anime this week.
Mar 7, 2013 8:29 PM
May 2012
Other thoughts:-

REALLY?! The dominator didn't really told Akane that Kasei was the one who killed Kagari?! Are you serious?! That really drives me nuts!

dinmama said:
Right? I think it needs at least 25 episodes... Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

Or it really needs the 2nd season after Fate/Zero in order to solve some unfinished business between Kasei (Touma), I swear to god.
JafriZinMar 7, 2013 8:42 PM
Mar 7, 2013 8:35 PM

Jun 2009
TSUNEMORI AKANE!!!!

She grew up so fast! From an inexperienced rookie officer, to one that stood up for herself, to one that analyze and resolve tight situation... And now, leading division one in the chase for both Makishima Shoujo and Kougami Shinya.

She's now a full-fledged officer, able to accept the necessity of Sibyl-System, while maintaining her own will and not be a complete pawn/puppet, even threaten the system if she don't get her way.

She's far too capable, able to both working for greater societal good, while also working for her own will. Even Sibyl-System deem her far too valuable to lose.

Best character 2012!
Her development as a character, her growth, as well as her simple, yet ridiculously deep character, have completely blown other character I've seen in year 2012.
AirStylesMar 7, 2013 8:42 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2013 8:44 PM

Sep 2012
I worry in regards to how the System interpreted sparing Kogami's life. For all we know, the system will decide to take his brain and make him one of them.
Mar 7, 2013 8:51 PM

Jun 2009
I think the show will end with Akane killing Kougami for Sibyl-System and societal order. Then this Sibyl-System controlled society... Dystopia/Utopia continues while leaving several big question mark in the viewer's head...

Did Akane made the right choice?
Does the weight of human's desire is more important than that of the supposed happy society?
Are human slaves of Sibyl? Or is there happiness to be seek even under Sibyl's ruling?

I'd like Psycho-Pass to end this way.

Though I don't mind a normal ending either. As the show's message have reached me during Akane's flash backs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2013 9:13 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode. The flashback was nice. Kagari! Why did he have to die. After seeing him in the flashback I remembered how much I liked him.

Akane has really grown as a character. She had some good development throughout the show.

This episode had many highlights, Makashimas smile at the ending was definitely one of them. I still don't see how they're going to wrap this up in 2 episodes though, I wish it was a 24 episode series.

5/5
Mar 7, 2013 9:46 PM
May 2012
So many loose ends here & there even some plot holes really drives me nuts (Kasei was the one who killed Kagari, for gods sake I mean the dominator never told it at all. IF that old hag is dead, I'll be fine. ).

The show will end where:-

JafriZinMar 7, 2013 10:22 PM
Mar 7, 2013 9:57 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Rogalicus said:
Filler ep, 2/5.

I lol'ed.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 7, 2013 9:57 PM
Aug 2012
Rogalicus said:
Filler ep, 2/5.

>contains main character development
>contains events that expand on the plot and move the story along.

>logic
Mar 7, 2013 10:18 PM
May 2012
1. I don't get it. Kagari's body still leaves no traces & nowhere to be found?

2. I can't believe they didn't really show how Makishima killed the fat guy with a Razor Knife & I was like 'What just happened?!'.
JafriZinMar 7, 2013 10:27 PM
Mar 7, 2013 10:25 PM
Apr 2010
LoL, late to ask but who is the voice of Sybil system? That Dominator?
Mar 7, 2013 10:28 PM
May 2012
XeoN1221 said:

Noriko Hidaka aka Near from Death Note
Mar 7, 2013 10:44 PM
Apr 2010
JeffreyZin said:
XeoN1221 said:

Noriko Hidaka aka Near from Death Note

Thanks! :)
Mar 7, 2013 10:50 PM
Dec 2010
OH MY GOD THIS SHOW IS SOOOOOOOOO FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOD

@JeffreyZin
Don't you get it? Kasei is just a pawn of Sybil. In fact Kasei's body is a ROBOT. That robot swaps controllers every now and then, how can you be sure it was Kasei who killed Kagari. It was Sybil as a whole, not one mind's decision. Sybil already said that they only make decisions as a combined intellectual, not individual.

And yes, there is no trace at all, because the Dominator was in lethal eliminator mode. Remember the factory episode where one shot completely erased part of a production robot from existence? If the lethal eliminator mode can do that to steel and metal, I don't see why a human made of flesh and bones can leave traces.
newnarMar 7, 2013 10:56 PM
Mar 7, 2013 11:01 PM

Jun 2009
Rogalicus said:

Yeah, exactly two minutes for seeing Makishima's plan and Akane's bargain. For the rest of the episode they were just stating facts that we already know. And yes, that pointless dialogue in Akane's mind. Totally worth it.

Pointless?

The "pointless" dialogues are the core message the creator's trying to get across to us viewers. The story are merely the means to bring about/exemplify that message to the viewer.

Still confused? Let me use a kiddy example.

"Tortoise and the Hare"
The message is what it's count, the tortoise and hare are just the means to bring about the message.

The inner dialogues are pointless? No!
In fact, this episode chained all the past episodes together, all the relevant dialogues, as well as the complete showcase of how much Akane have mature through past experience.

If anything, this is without a doubt, the most important episode of Psycho-Pass, and will most probably remain so til the end.

The show constantly challenge the viewers to think about the morals of Psycho-Pass society, human value, psychology among other things... It's not a show that's solely focusing on fighting crimes and catching criminals!

Maybe you were seeing Psycho-Pass as "just another police story"?

EDIT: Go and actually find out the meaning of fillers, you're embarrassing yourself.
AirStylesMar 7, 2013 11:17 PM
Mar 7, 2013 11:09 PM

Aug 2011
Akane is such a badass! I love her!
Mar 7, 2013 11:11 PM
May 2012
newnar said:
Kasei is just a pawn of Sybil. In fact Kasei's body is a ROBOT. That robot swaps controllers every now and then, how can you be sure it was Kasei who killed Kagari. It was Sybil as a whole, not one mind's decision. Sybil already said that they only make decisions as a combined intellectual, not individual.

And yes, there is no trace at all, because the Dominator was in lethal eliminator mode. Remember the factory episode where one shot completely erased part of a production robot from existence? If the lethal eliminator mode can do that to steel and metal, I don't see why a human made of flesh and bones can leave traces.

Uh, Okay. I finally get it.
JafriZinMar 7, 2013 11:39 PM
Mar 7, 2013 11:41 PM

Jan 2011
Man, the Sibyl System is so fucked up. Akane got mind-fucked so much. However, I'm glad that she's trying her best to solve the entire problem, logically. Seeing those 'flashbacks' with Yuki and Kagari were really bittersweet in a sense. I really liked how Akane resembled Kougami when she was figuring out the situation; Ginoza, Yayoi and Masaoka were speechless the entire time. Makishima is such an awesome antagonist; a god damn crazy psychopath yet he acts so calm LOL!
Mar 7, 2013 11:49 PM

Aug 2012
That smile:

I have a feeling that the Sibyl will not fulfill their end of the bargain.

My Youtube page: link
Mar 8, 2013 12:05 AM

Jun 2009
Rogalicus said:
AirStyles said:

The show constantly challenge the viewers to think about the morals, human value, psychology among other things... It's not a show about solving case and catching criminals!
Maybe you were seeing Psycho-Pass as "just another police story"?

As I said, in this episode there was almost nothing new for a plot. OK, we knew that Makishima will screw up the food system and Kougami had found it out. In this episode Makishima began screwing up the food system and Kougami caught up with him. There were no other movements in plot develoment or character development or etc.
AirStyles said:

EDIT: Go and actually find out the meaning of fillers, you're embarrassing yourself.

>In contemporary usage, "filler" describes television series episodes which appear to have been made solely to pad out the production schedule of contracted episodes-per-year (usually such episodes are regarded as inferior)
I don't see a contradiction. What about you?

Wikipedia's source was from TVtroupe.(you see the blue [3]? click on it and go to the source and read it thoroughly)

TVTROPE
Filler episodes are entries in a generally continuous serial that are unrelated to the main plot, don't significantly alter the relations between the characters, and generally serve only to take up space. This could be considered Padding applied to a whole franchise.

Here's one from urban dictionary.
Urban Dictionary
A segment of anime, whether it be an entire episode or part of one, which does not appear in the manga of the title. Fillers, as the name implies, "fills" an episode with non-canonical material which has been written usually by the same company which animates it.

See the bolded part?

unrelated to the main plot, don't significantly alter the relations between the characters

Nope. Akane and Sibyl's relation definitely changed.

Maybe your "personal" definition of filler mean wasting time on something instead of main plot? Lets do some minute count.

8 minutes of the show dedicate to Sibyl try to get Akane on their side, Akane's inner conflict flash back took 5 minutes, while the rest of the time is on the main storyline.

Filler?

Fuck no, not even if timed.

EDIT: Come on Roga, tell me I'm wrong, bring more points to the table to prove this episode a filler, I'm waiting.
AirStylesMar 8, 2013 12:19 AM
Mar 8, 2013 12:30 AM
Feb 2013
So the final epic battle will be at a granary.... Lovely
Mar 8, 2013 12:45 AM

Aug 2011
So, they did show her the Sibyl system in the end. Not surprising with her thoughts on the whole Sibyl system, and she actually understood that this is where Kagari-kun died. ;_; Spot on! And to think she actually had the balls to actually negotiate Kougami's life for Mikishima's life was pretty bold done.

To think that the whole Sibyl system contains brains of people who has done crime in their past is a bit bizarre and to amass a system out of that is quite something else I must say. Well I wonder if there will be any left at the end of this show. Lol

Well know the 1st division is aware that Kougami do have a Plan B if he fails, and that they will finish the job, I think the whole thing is set for the end of Mikishima very soon.

Also glad to see Kagari return for Akane's flashback, put a smile on my face.

Dat cloaking.
Mar 8, 2013 12:47 AM

Jan 2013
If only this animation budget went to Shinsekai Yori too.

Pretty good episode as always
Mar 8, 2013 12:57 AM

Jun 2009
RediceRyan said:
If only this animation budget went to Shinsekai Yori too.

Pretty good episode as always

Well, all of Shinsekai's budget went to the piece of crap known as SAO.
Mar 8, 2013 12:59 AM

Oct 2012
woop~ Akane actually showed herself.

also
Neonzel said:

trolololo
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Mar 8, 2013 1:00 AM

Jun 2009
Kratos_Ortega said:

Dat cloaking.

I wouldn't put it as cloaking... as a lot of things are digitally projected in their city. From clothes, to interiors design.

Who's to say that all cars are not just metals colored frames without those "digital skin"?
Mar 8, 2013 1:51 AM

Apr 2012
Too much main character detective no jutsu. Solving the crime scene wayyyyyyy too easily

Mar 8, 2013 1:55 AM

Apr 2012
Rogalicus said:
AirStyles said:

Wikipedia's source was TVtroupe.(you see the blue [3]? click on it and go to the source and read it thoroughly)

TVTROPE
Filler episodes are entries in a generally continuous serial that are unrelated to the main plot, don't significantly alter the relations between the characters, and generally serve only to take up space. This could be considered Padding applied to a whole franchise.
See the bolded part?

unrelated to the main plot, don't significantly alter the relations between the characters

Nope. Akane and Sibyl's relation definitely changed.

Not significantly. Akane never had warm feelings toward system and it didn't change since learning the truth. Not that it matters. Even Bleach fillers about Hitsugaya and Ichigo's sister had more relation development. Non-canonical, but nonetheless.
AirStyles said:

Maybe your "personal" definition of filler mean wasting time on something instead of main plot? Lets do some minute count.
8 minutes of the show dedicate to Sibyl try to get Akane on their side, Akane's inner conflict flash back took 5 minutes, while the rest of the time is on the main storyline.
Filler?
Fuck no, not even if timed.

My main complaint is that a few significant events were dragged out to the whole episode, while it was possible to compress them into a few minutes. They could have had onsen episode as well.

That means you have a problem with how the show is directed, but the episode was not a filler. YOU LOSE. She hates the system either way, but she might think it is a necessary evil regardless of her personal predilections or she is simply buying time by being complacent for the time being to solve the Makishima/ Kougami crisis before confronting the system.
zzzeallyMar 8, 2013 2:01 AM

Mar 8, 2013 4:10 AM

Sep 2011
Rogalicus said:
Filler ep, 2/5.

You're so bloody retarded LOL.

>Plot development with Sibyl system, explaining to us why the people that got killed were killed and why having Criminals into the system is good.
>Showing Akane true detective skills at the scene of the doctor

= A filler? OH PLEASE. STAHP.

I think you need a reality check.

OT: Fucking love this show. So GOOD. Final 2 episodes will be the deciding factor, AWYEAH.
Mar 8, 2013 4:25 AM

Sep 2009
This just occurred to me. I think Akane might be criminally asymptomatic. That would explain why her hue is always calm/blue/whatever. If she is no one will know until she commits a crime and that would allow her to act against Sybil system without Sybil knowing. She might be the one to bring down the Sybil system in the end.
Mar 8, 2013 4:29 AM

Aug 2012
Damn,Only 2 episodes left. I hope they can wrap it up nicely.
Mar 8, 2013 4:37 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Excellent chapter that gives Akane much needed development and introspection. Her choice when she has Kougami and Makishima in front of her will make for a fantastic final chapter I hope

I'm sensing we could get a "Seven" style confrontation in the grain fields.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 8, 2013 4:55 AM

Mar 2012
Guess Sybil won't keep the promise, they are criminal brains after all lol.. Damn, I hope Kogami will survive this..
Keep moving forward
Mar 8, 2013 5:03 AM

Dec 2009
Am I the only one that wants Makishima to win?
Mar 8, 2013 5:22 AM

Apr 2011
Linkark07 said:

And I'm the only girl that wants Makishima to die in great pain :|
Mar 8, 2013 5:36 AM

Jun 2012
Final 2 episodes, think i might cry after this stops airing ;-;

Liked the episode, wonder how they'll wrap it all up in just 2 episodes. If the sales do good i could definitely see a direction where season 2 could go, though we haven't seem the ending of season 1 yet so there's no point in saying it xD last i checked though, the sales weren't looking so good. i think they were going up quite quickly though? does anybody know the sales count at current?
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Mar 8, 2013 5:56 AM

Jan 2013
Wow, While the series might not stand out at points, and is fantastic at others, as it stands now I have to say this is one of the few shows I can't predict an ending for. Though doubt its going to be happy.
Mar 8, 2013 7:10 AM

Apr 2011
Dat Sybil System. I thought this episode was better than the previous one and next week things start to pick up a bit.
Mar 8, 2013 7:39 AM

Feb 2012
the next 2 episodes should be crazy.
Mar 8, 2013 7:42 AM

Jun 2011
Wow, Akane has changed a lot! And to think that I didn't like her at first...

5/5
"Nobody knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite"- Rintarou Okabe
Mar 8, 2013 8:55 AM

Dec 2008
Akane is on point now! I wasn't expecting Sibyl to let her out alive. I was sure they were going to totally integrate her brain into the system.

Looking forward to the final showdown between Makishima and Kou.

Somehow, I doubt Sibyl will keep their promise to Akane. I wouldn't be surprised if they kill her and Kou as well. They'll probably integrate Makishima into Sibyl and he'll destroy it from the inside out just from his sheer will.

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 8, 2013 9:08 AM
Sep 2012
the way Akane was acting at the crime scene was so epic, im so happy that she is finally using her brain properly, it seems that kougami has to disappear for her to stop relying on him, i wish this had happened earlier to be honest.
Mar 8, 2013 9:43 AM
Jan 2011
Why argument accept or deny system when despite its faulty, it proved as much benefit and when there are third option that is improve the system. Look at what nuclear power plant's potential danger and what tragedy it has cause but we still able to improve it and make it contribute much more for or society.
About the criminal brain said about their contributes overweight their crimes, along time ago, I watch a detective TV series, one of episode deal with a doctor that commit crime to make moneys and done experiment that cost many life in order to create a vaccine that can prevent any illness of human. The MC caught him when he near death and try to save him, say that what he about to create is too value for the world, that he can't condemn or stop him.
Mar 8, 2013 10:21 AM

Apr 2011
danmari said:
-michira- said:
Linkark07 said:

Nah. I mean, I don't hate him this much, but I don't particularly like him either. I prefer his worldview over Sibyl's, but those people who generously ignore the fact he has just as little regard for individual lives and see him as truly good rather than just controversial really tick me off.

I hate Sybil too. I wanted to make accent that I'm a girl that hates him, coz almost all Psycho-Pass fangirls are like: "OMG he's killing Yuki, He's so adorable <3" or "Makishima is so cute, hot, lovely etc." :|||
Mar 8, 2013 10:52 AM

Aug 2011
I love this anime, both heroines and villians are victims of Sybil Sistem dictature.

*listening Psycho-pass OST*
Mar 8, 2013 10:57 AM

Dec 2012
danmari said:
-michira- said:
Linkark07 said:

Nah. I mean, I don't hate him this much, but I don't particularly like him either. I prefer his worldview over Sibyl's, but those people who generously ignore the fact he has just as little regard for individual lives and see him as truly good rather than just controversial really tick me off.

Oh goodie, I honestly thought I WAS the only one that felt like this....

To be quite frank about it, I find it disturbing those that take that stance of praise and seeing him as some sort of 'anti-hero'.

Of course, you gotta give his creators credit, I will admit Makishima is the most perfect example of a real-life socio/psychopath killer I've ever seen animated. If he was made into a real person, I'd liken him to Ted Bundy (handsome, intelligent, charismatic, and manipulative).
Mar 8, 2013 11:01 AM

Apr 2011
Two words: Tsunemori Akane

2 episodes left >.<
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Apr 23, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.