Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2013 12:45 PM

Mar 2012
It's obvious what most of your preferences are. "Let's watch Shiina take off her clothes and act like a robot." Fan service whores, go watch HS of the Dead or something.
Mar 6, 2013 12:52 PM

Dec 2012
Smooched said:
It's obvious what most of your preferences are. "Let's watch Shiina take off her clothes and act like a robot." Fan service whores, go watch HS of the Dead or something.

Dunno if this is directed at me or at everyone who disliked the episode but i hate fan service i actually like minami way more than shinna but that scene in the rain was terrible . The animation was weird and the voice didn't match her movements or showed any emotion it was just a mess .
That scene in the class where she is just crying now that was actually good i felt really sad for her and understood her expression.
The show is now wasting it is time with forced drama and trying to let us know for real that's there is failure in real life okay we got it no need to prolong it like this.
And now with 3 episodes left are they even gonna give a proper ending or are they gonna just skip a bunch of stuff and in the last minutes of the show make that idiot sorata confess and kiss shinna?!!
Mar 6, 2013 12:57 PM
Apr 2012
Smooched said:

Damn, this statement is so ridiculously naive and childish. There were many Aoyama fans that disliked the episode as well. Fanservice has very little to do with why the majority of people prefer Mashiro's character over Aoyama's. The crying scene was the worst part of the episode, and it had nothing to do with Mashiro.
Mar 6, 2013 12:59 PM

Mar 2012
There are still novels to be published, so there is no way they are going to give a "proper" ending. J.C Staff has a history of anime-only endings.
Mar 6, 2013 1:04 PM

Mar 2012
gaiusbaltar24 said:
Smooched said:

Damn, this statement is so ridiculously naive and childish. There were many Aoyama fans that disliked the episode as well. The crying scene was the worst part of the episode, and it had nothing to do with Mashiro.

Why did you generalize my statement? Now that's naive.

Fanservice has very little to do with why the majority of people prefer Mashiro's character over Aoyama's. Lol okay.
Mar 6, 2013 1:12 PM
Apr 2012
Smooched said:
gaiusbaltar24 said:
Smooched said:

Damn, this statement is so ridiculously naive and childish. There were many Aoyama fans that disliked the episode as well. The crying scene was the worst part of the episode, and it had nothing to do with Mashiro.

Why did you generalize my statement? Now that's naive.

Fanservice has very little to do with why the majority of people prefer Mashiro's character over Aoyama's. Lol okay.

I meant it has little to nothing to do with why the Mashiro fans prefer her over Aoyoma. I really dislike fanservice and that has nothing to do with why I like Mashiro's character, and the same applies to many Mashiro fans. Of course, I assume that many Aoyama fans prefer her for a litany of reasons that have nothing to do with fanservice, even though she recieved nearly the same amount as Mashiro, and I wouldn't ever naively suggest otherwise.

Smooched said:
There are still novels to be published, so there is no way they are going to give a "proper" ending. J.C Staff has a history of anime-only endings.

Even though there are still two volumes that have yet to be published, the eighth volume provides a pretty satisfying and proper conclusion, especially in regards to the romance.
Mar 6, 2013 1:14 PM

Jul 2010
Damn, this situation sucks. Namami broke down and Sorata's work got declined too. Of course they did like Mashiro's work and she got yet more recognition.

Even after saying he'd never, Sorata ended up being jealous of Mashiro in the end anyway.

Mar 6, 2013 1:22 PM

Jan 2011
Ahaha, I love all the negative comments on this episode. Sure, the rain scene was cliche, sure Aoyama's VA did some crappy job. That wont change the fact that I love the story, its the show's main strong point. Still pretty strong 10/10 in my eyes. About fucking time I watch some realistic story in a show with strong support characters and no harem. Pity it ends, I doubt there will be anything even remotely close to this in the new anime season.
Mar 6, 2013 1:32 PM

Mar 2012
@gaius

You forfeited the rights to ever use the word naive. Be honest here. Why do you think Mashiro is popular? Seriously, you don't have to dig that deep to find the answer. People won't admit to it, but the picture is painted clearly. She is a fanservice character. I have no problem with that. The problem is, other facets of this show (drama) gets criticized because this show ain't about rainbows or hand holding. I always see: "I'm about the drop this show". Why haven't they?

Even though there are still two volumes that have yet to be published, the eighth volume provides a pretty satisfying and proper conclusion, especially in regards to the romance.

That's your personal preference.
Mar 6, 2013 1:35 PM
Apr 2012
Smooched said:
@gaius

You forfeited the rights to ever use the word naive. Be honest here. Why do you think Mashiro is popular? Seriously, you don't have to dig that deep to find the answer. People won't admit to it, but the picture is painted clearly. She is a fanservice character. I have no problem with that. The problem is, other facets of this show (drama) gets criticized because this show ain't about rainbows or hand holding. I always see: "I'm about the drop this show". Why haven't they?

That's your personal preference.

Even if it's a shitty conclusion to some, it's still a proper conclusion. Would you rather have an open ending?
Mar 6, 2013 1:41 PM

Jun 2012
Really laying on the drama here...
I wonder how this will end considering that there are only 3 episodes left and the novel is still publishing.
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Mar 6, 2013 1:41 PM

Mar 2012
You can bend the definition of proper how ever many ways you want. What I want does not really matter, I'm not the producer.
Mar 6, 2013 1:50 PM
Apr 2012
Smooched said:
You can bend the definition of proper how ever many ways you want. What I want does not really matter, I'm not the producer.

Let me put it another way. The sixth volume would be an okay ending, though it doesn't resolve much, and can only realistically be dragged out for one more episode. The seventh volume ends in a huge cliffhanger and would only be used by the producers if they knew they were going to have a second season, though going by sales thus far, that is highly unlikely. The eighth volume actually resolves the romance, which is the most significant mystery remaining at the time, therefore it would be the best place to conclude the anime.
Mar 6, 2013 1:57 PM

Aug 2012
Why is there discussion on the novels when this is a episode 21 thread? As for the ending, there is no proper ending unless OVAs are in the mix.
Mar 6, 2013 2:29 PM

Jul 2010
I felt the scene with Aoyama was a little unnatural at times, but I did feel the emotion. Poor Aoyama.... Everything is gone, I want Sorata to at least give her his love. Please please please. Everytime I see Mashiro, it frustrates me :( I think she's nice, but she just has so much talent, and it's frustrating. She gets everything while the ones who put in the most effort stay at the bottom. It's frustrating as hell, but sadly it's how real life works as well, in most cases. So I want Aoyama to at least get Sorata. But of course, anime doesn't work that way. It's kinda clear that the OTP is SorataxMashiro. It frustrates me :( Bleeh. I wish it was like in Kokoro Connect, where the unlikely heroine, Inaba, ends up getting the guy. Grr. This just frustrates me.

I agree with this arc feeling contrived. The earlier workings of this show were so much better than now. There is too much constant melodrama, I can't really take it. It makes me sick. Meh, I thought almost of giving it a score around 9 in the first arc, but now it has dropped to 7, maybe 8 range. And I rate super lightly, purely on enjoyment. So I am really not liking this arc much :/
Mar 6, 2013 2:38 PM
Sep 2012
Aoyama would be alright if she didn't have that stupid accent. Whenever she says Sakurasou she says it as "Sakura?sou"
Mar 6, 2013 2:41 PM

Oct 2012
fishergirl16 said:
Bleeh. I wish it was like in Kokoro Connect, where the unlikely heroine, Inaba, ends up getting the guy. Grr. This just frustrates me.
what do you mean? I knew he would end up with her. She just has a bigger Main character vibe than irori tbh. Sure in the beginning it didn't feel that way, but after the first arc, I had a feeling inaba would get him.
Mar 6, 2013 2:51 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I'm making more popcorn. Would anybody else like some as well? :)
Mar 6, 2013 2:58 PM

Oct 2012
Cratex said:
Yes please. With extra butter too. I don't care about my health
Mar 6, 2013 3:01 PM
Nov 2010
Cratex said:
No, thank you.
Mar 6, 2013 3:06 PM

Nov 2012
Sorata sister fails
Sorata fails
Aoyama fails
Jin fails

So basically the morale of this story is, dont even bother trying unless you are already incredibly talented as you will only fail and feel like shit for doing so.
Mar 6, 2013 3:07 PM
Nov 2010
alexx_310 said:
Sorata sister fails
Sorata fails
Aoyama fails
Jin fails

So basically the morale of this story is, dont even bother trying unless you are already incredibly talented as you will only fail and feel like shit for doing so.
Moral of the story: Life isn't always fair.
Mar 6, 2013 3:09 PM

Nov 2012
Z-flame said:
alexx_310 said:
Sorata sister fails
Sorata fails
Aoyama fails
Jin fails

For normal people.
The only one to have it easy is Shiina
Mar 6, 2013 3:13 PM
Apr 2012
alexx_310 said:
Z-flame said:
alexx_310 said:
Sorata sister fails
Sorata fails
Aoyama fails
Jin fails

For normal people.

and Misaki
Mar 6, 2013 3:21 PM

May 2009
alexx_310 said:
Jin fails

alexx_310 said:
For normal people.

And Misaki, and Dragon.
Moderator Edit
Added a spoiler tag
Suzune-chanMar 6, 2013 6:33 PM
Mar 6, 2013 3:58 PM

Aug 2011
Yes my vote is 1 of 5, MY GOD; my fuc*ing eyes cant stop crying lol, i can't see these sad situations, pleas GOD i need to see next episode NOW hahahah
Mar 6, 2013 3:59 PM
Jul 2012
alexx_310 said:
Sorata sister fails
Sorata fails
Aoyama fails
Jin fails

So many fails goddamn... failure breeds success but somehow I don't see that happenin' don't worry though... I can guarantee every each one of 'em will not end up like me ;__; In the last episode everyone be happy.
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Mar 6, 2013 4:06 PM

Apr 2012
I feel like 90% of sad things in anime happen on rainy days. It would be refreshing to see more tragedy play out when it's sunny - well, as refreshing as tragedy can be.

Anyway, if I was Shiina I would reconsider my desire to be with Sorata because that guy has some emotional issues and he really cannot handle failure. I think should he ever get into the video game industry, he would be a risk for a spectacular psychotic breakdown (a la Higurashi) any time he gets a bad review.
Mar 6, 2013 4:39 PM

Dec 2012
BeyondDestiny said:
lzs2503187 said:

Ah you and your idealist friends... I don't like to make long posts but since your very interesting ill let this go.

1, Although I am comparing this anime to reality, of course I am, this series is popular and likeable because of its realistic settings, that's why it grabs the readers (viewers) or else there won't be ANY failures to their goals if your like this way. Don't put human logic in anime please... please use anime logic, the moment when you use human logic to argue in anime, you already lost.

2, It is true he should aim higher for his goals? are you saying that he should feel bad for his lost in the competition? so you're saying that who ever wins *vocaloid* is being done in *social black dealing?....hahaha In japan *maybe you already know this but the companies take votes on the otaku level on a game, of course they would like to choose a liked game than a new game, Ryuunosuke already told him before, set a clear goal, a clear point and a art that everyone likes, also a story that grabs the audience, Sorata did none... he was so focused on his own project he did not think about anything else.. this whole game arc was a troll from J.C from the beginning they already set up a popular Vocaloid to beat Sorata's Pitapon.

3, Bitching is a awful word for discussing, here you are Bitching *discussing* with me, i don't see whats wrong with me Bitching *discussing* on a Bitching forum *discussing forum*

4, Friendship? if your talking about friendships, I don't see how moving out of Sakurasou is a act of breaking friendship, if your friendship was weak from the start, then there's no use arguing about it. Retarded relationship romance, i mean the retarded triangle love between Sorata, Nanami and Mashiro, of course i find this retarded and i know this is romance anime, there are people going to bark in my face about this, and i don't care...its just i can't stand that romance level (again im bitching in a bitching allowed forum, that's why this forum exist its for bitching)

5, You are looking down on Seiyuu, there's no further discussion on this with you, if you want then go and search up you self, one thing I'm going to say is if a girl who can't confess her love to the boy she had crush on, what she did is not being respectful to the editors and the audience with that attitude.

6, Trolling yes this is trolling, J.C is putting melodramatic Korean romance into this anime. Like i said again the Author have nothing to do with this.. this is anime adaption, its all up to J.C and its director, please...go watch Bakuman or something....

It doesn't seem as though you understand the difference between having goals in life and pursuing something idealistic. I'm not even bother quoting the definitions from Oxford. I'd advise you to learn what words mean before actually using them in sentences.

Now, with that said, I'll be going over your "response".

1) I find it strange that you can be so contradictory in your current statement. In your previous response, you mentioned:

"What about those who really did work their asses off and spend everyday 24/7 on their projects."

What I see here is an comparison to the real world. If you claim that its incomparable (anime versus reality), then why insist on your initial statement? You've already contradicted what you've previous said. So, in accordance to your logic, "you've already lost".

(FYI I don't see the point in using the irrationality that exists within animes to create any forms of comparison from the start. If you insist on this, then I'm simply going with the fact that they don't make sense from the start because "anime logic" itself can be completely irrational.)

2) You don't see my point. Why wouldn't humans be sad for losing something? Do you really insist that he should be satisfied with his results if his dream is become a computer game designer? That was Sorata's "goal" from the very start - One that he never completed as he had been beaten in the final round.

3) "Yet every episode is about their bitching.. can't stand this."

What you previous said, during your first response to mine. You know, there can be a difference between "bitching" and "making arguments". The fact that you provide incoherent arguments / statements with no logical explanation to back them up makes me incapable of taking you seriously. As such, I've already discerned your posts as a form of mindless ranting. Likewise to what I said earlier: Try to come up with logical arguments before picking a discussion / debate with somebody else.

4) Who said friendships would break once Sakurasou's disbanded? Again, it doesn't appear as though you understand my point. Places like highschool and university is where you have a network of people you're constantly able to communicate with. In 4 or 5 or whatever number of years, people are going to leave said institution to pursue whatever the hell they want to do. That could mean traveling around the world or other things that make you incapable of communicating with them. I mean sure, you could keep in touch with a few of them, but the network's never going to be the same again. You won't be capable of keeping touch with the tens to hundreds of friends you'd make from those places - This is under the assumption that you're capable of doing that in the first place.

5) Hey everyone! Let's question every single Seiyuu in history and ask if they've ever confessed their love to a boy before becoming Seiyuu. If they didn't do that, then we should prevent them from being Seiyuu anymore! They shouldn't be allowed to EVER get work anymore!

... Is what you are saying to me. I can't even begin to describe how ignorant your response is, so I'll leave it at that'.

6) Again, you haven't defined "trolling" as anything other than "trolling".

Hmm . . . Everybody should look at this.

Light Novel Author creates Sakurasou.
Anime adaption's vast majority of material come DIRECTLY FROM THE LIGHT NOVELS.
> Sees that somebody insists that the "Author has nothing to do with this."

Surely that makes sense.

--

Again, I don't mean to pity you, but it really seems as if your life is lacking. Meet a few friends, find a few goals to chase after in life, and come back to watch this series. It's fairly clear that you aren't mature enough to handle it at the moment. As I mentioned earlier, this'll be the last time I respond to your 'arguments'. Cheers.

It seems useless talking and arguing with you, you don't even understand what I'm talking about and your just denying everything I'm saying this isn't even a discussion. You're just emphasizing your OWN points and never learn to take others.

1, Like i already said "THIS ANIME IS POPULAR FOR ITS REALITY SETTINGS OR ELSE ITS JUST ANOTHER HIGH SCHOOL ROMANCE ANIME" This anime AND the novel focus of how a normal person such as Sorata, feels the pressure of this world, and around those genius its a comparison of fantasy and reality.
what you're doing is just denying everything, You're just comparing this anime to the reality, nothing is different than mine. This is a anime, anime are different than reality. In this case Sorata don't have or never inteded to have his hacks to win in life rather just a normal student. This animes sell point is for it's reality settings, your argument is invalid.

2, Who ever said "Why wouldn't humans be sad for losing something?" I never said that, all i said is Sorata, why can't you grow up?, if you are mentioning about Nanami and her failure, i already said she got what she deserved, and when shes down she got her friends come and cheer her up, what more do you need? when did i say Nanami cry too much? For Sorata's case, hes only 17, and he already did great, its not just easy in life for everyone you know? he don't have hacks like other anime's MC's got.

3, Wheres the difference between *bitching* and *discussing* your just denying everything. Mindless or not, serious or not, you're not taking me serious therefore you can't understand what I'm saying.

4, Whats you're point? are you saying they should all stay Sakurasou?

5, Grow up and search you self. What is being a Seiyuu. It's like taking to pigs, in human words. You don't understand this career and there's nothing i can say...or need to say.

"ignorant" haha why u so mad bro? what your saying is that you're denying what I'm saying and could not understand Asian culture and it's hardship.

Come back with some actual argument and not just you're one sided opinions please.

Its like talking to pigs.. seriously.

PS. Seriously go watch bakuman or something, it have some information on adapting series... your just a kid, grow up and learn to talk.
lzs2503187Mar 6, 2013 10:41 PM
Mar 6, 2013 4:42 PM
Oct 2012
Ambertastic said:
Why is there discussion on the novels when this is a episode 21 thread? As for the ending, there is no proper ending unless OVAs are in the mix.

because there is only like 3 episodes left and everyone is wondering how its going to end ( although it pretty obvious just by comparing the two), i mean no one wants an incomplete ending but thats most likely what were going to get :'(
Mar 6, 2013 9:24 PM

Sep 2010
1. Try it
2. Fail
3. Repeat 1 and 2 over and over again.
4. ????
5. Profit
Mar 6, 2013 9:46 PM
Jul 2012
penguindrum264 said:
I don't see how the emotional scenes were forced(other than Sorata) in this series because I've seen stuff like this happen to people before and is relatable. They're not working for their dreams and hobbies for fun, they want to make a living/careers out what their doing and failing makes them question themselves like if they wasted time and could of done something else, especially with the characters who invested years into their field.

The only person that I think overreacts(a little) is Sorata because he's only spent a few months on being a developer and got tons of people to work with him and help him and he's acting like he spent his entire life on it. While characters like Rita spent years training, and Ayoama left her family without any financial support from them and supported her self and her training in her field for a two years as a teenager.
Characters like Jin had already gotten used to failures and he decided to push himself harder.

Well I kind of understand Sorata at the end though because he's starting to feel like how Rita felt years ago. Mashiro doesn't mean to, but when someone gets something taken away from someone else on something they've been working on, they can't help but feel belittled.

I would have to agree with the dramatic facial expressions, that was way overdone.

I totally agree with you ;)
Mar 6, 2013 9:52 PM

Dec 2012
Lol mashiro is popular because she is an emotionless character type like rie, yin , nagato and other emotionless dolls not because she is a fan service character..
Mar 7, 2013 12:08 AM
Mar 2013
Well that's just crushing. Liked the episode a lot, the emotions were there.

Sorata's reaction to the results was understandable (and damn, sucks having your better design shunned because of a weaker design that banks on a popular series). Good on him to go after Nanami (and good on Ryuu to remind him). The rain scene... well, I think Sorata saying "don't run away" gets more plus points from him (and his development). Some of Nanami's expressions during that rain scene were overdone and sometimes, the VA didn't match the emotion well. But it was good, nonetheless. Nanami was finally able to let go of all her bottled-up emotions. Clinic scene was pretty good and... Sorata's right, she needs a break. Actually, they both do.

The trio have their moments on not wanting to lose Sakura-sou.

And then... the letter. It's like Sorata got peed on after being kicked in the nuts. His outburst was very understandable, though the person who wanted to hear that last was there to listen to it all. It wasn't his fault, though, and neither was it Mashiro's. But she feels responsible for all this and leaves. Ouch. :\

And uh...

I sometimes think that the 'taking a break' line was overlooked. It's not that he wanted to give up, but he just wanted to take some time before starting anew. He'll have another go at this. The letter, though... could make him take a bit more time.

I've been pretty tolerant with the drama and Sorata's impulses that happened during the past few episodes, but I think this is where the drama about Sorata and Nanami's failures should end. Things tipped over. Any more and it would be just forced. This should be the lowest of their lows.

My prediction for the next episode would probably be Sorata running after Mashiro, Mashiro speaking her mind and... them making up. Or something like that.

animaders said:
penguindrum264 said:
I don't see how the emotional scenes were forced(other than Sorata) in this series because I've seen stuff like this happen to people before and is relatable. They're not working for their dreams and hobbies for fun, they want to make a living/careers out what their doing and failing makes them question themselves like if they wasted time and could of done something else, especially with the characters who invested years into their field.

The only person that I think overreacts(a little) is Sorata because he's only spent a few months on being a developer and got tons of people to work with him and help him and he's acting like he spent his entire life on it. While characters like Rita spent years training, and Ayoama left her family without any financial support from them and supported her self and her training in her field for a two years as a teenager.
Characters like Jin had already gotten used to failures and he decided to push himself harder.

Well I kind of understand Sorata at the end though because he's starting to feel like how Rita felt years ago. Mashiro doesn't mean to, but when someone gets something taken away from someone else on something they've been working on, they can't help but feel belittled.

I would have to agree with the dramatic facial expressions, that was way overdone.

I totally agree with you ;)

Me three.
Mar 7, 2013 12:12 AM

Mar 2012
tsudecimo said:
Lol mashiro is popular because she is an emotionless character type like rie, yin , nagato and other emotionless dolls not because she is a fan service character..

Mar 7, 2013 12:17 AM

Dec 2012
Smooched said:
tsudecimo said:

Meh why do i even try the whole show went to shit after episode 12 anyway.
Mar 7, 2013 12:20 AM

Mar 2012
Yet you're still on this thread, meaning you're still horny for fanservice.
Mar 7, 2013 12:46 AM
Oct 2012
Vortiene said:
The whole idea of sorata labelling himself as a "normal" person has me pissed off. It's just a state of mind, and really, it's someone's ability to learn proficiently that dictates how quickly they will become skilled at something, not just some magical talent that you are "born with" (yes, i was born drawing the mona lisa).

Basically, if in the next 3 eps, all of:

1. he figures out that you can stop being a lame ass complainer and exert some true effort towards something if you really want to succeed
2. sometimes you need to exert effort in a DIFFERENT WAY to succeed, it's called being resourceful, instead of hitting the same wall with your head when hitting it with your head 2000 times didnt break it.
3. he HAS TO PICK AOYAMA, i swear if he doesn't, she will be mentally ruined.

doesn't happen, i will not be satisfied...

you do know that it will 99.9% not happen with sorota & nanami assuming that they are planning to end it with the original plot. if anything im pretty sure theyre going to have an opening ending so no one will be sad that he chose one over the other (even though there will be some ppl. sad that it didnt happen)
Mar 7, 2013 12:53 AM

Dec 2012
Smooched said:
Yet you're still on this thread, meaning you're still horny for fanservice.

Dunno which is worse this episode or your logic .-.
Mar 7, 2013 1:05 AM

Mar 2012
What's your logic behind watching up to episode 21 when "the show has gone to shit since episode 12''? My logic is flawless, and definitely fits the mold of a testosterone flowing individual such as yourself.
Mar 7, 2013 1:27 AM

Dec 2012
Ehh....I hate fan service and i don't see why would someone watch something for the fan service.I still watch it because it is 20 mins/week, i loved the show from the start , i like the art style , i want to see the confession scene because i like anime romance even if i dislike the characters .
Honestly if you said i watch it of hate it would have made more sense than for fan service idiot...
tsudecimoMar 7, 2013 9:20 AM
Mar 7, 2013 3:31 AM

Jul 2010
Poor Nanami ;_;

Don't leave sakurasou Mashiro-chan !
Mar 7, 2013 8:52 AM

Mar 2011
For once there is an anime that shows the actual reality of the world we live in! Sad but true... Every anime I have seen so far has always been straight success for career paths and stories. Sakurasou shows that you can stumble in your path and fail to get what you want which is exactly what reality is.. Kudos for this series for displaying that reality. You cant always get what you want.. but I hope they will eventually get success in the end after what they have been through
Mar 7, 2013 9:13 AM

Jan 2013
Poor Aoyama but Shiina too. She's talented and it's a problem to Sakurasou. Dat emotions
Mar 7, 2013 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
this show is so boring , I'm starting to wonder why the hell did I stick with it
Mar 7, 2013 10:39 AM
Oct 2012
Alfyan said:
For once there is an anime that shows the actual reality of the world we live in! Sad but true... Every anime I have seen so far has always been straight success for career paths and stories. Sakurasou shows that you can stumble in your path and fail to get what you want which is exactly what reality is.. Kudos for this series for displaying that reality. You cant always get what you want.. but I hope they will eventually get success in the end after what they have been through

I totally agree with you. I don't think everyone completely understands that Aoyama and Kanda aren't just trying to get by with being good as a hobby. They want it as their careers. They want to make a living off of it instead of being a low paid retail worker (no offense to anyone who works in retail, I'm right there myself). But constantly being in situations where there is someone who is actually succeeding EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY TRY will make you feel a lot worse about yourself. I mean I know many people who have poured their souls into their art (acting, singing, etc) and have barely made any money out of it. But they keep pushing because they want that one big break. It makes me a bit happy just to see that the disappointments of life aren't overlooked in this show. It's a lot easier for me to connect with personally.
Mar 7, 2013 12:59 PM

Oct 2012
tsudecimo said:
Ehh....I hate fan service and i don't see why would someone watch something for the fan service.I still watch it because it is 20 mins/week, i loved the show from the start , i like the art style , i want to see the confession scene because i like anime romance even if i dislike the characters .
Honestly if you said i watch it of hate it would have made more sense than for fan service idiot...
Dude, I'm pretty sure by now you should have noticed this anime doesn't specifically focus on romance like some other anime. For all we know, there might not be a confession in the end. So please don't raise expectations for something so contrived, and complain about it later.
AnimeHAwk616Mar 7, 2013 1:12 PM
Mar 7, 2013 1:17 PM

Dec 2012
AnimeHAwk616 said:
tsudecimo said:
Dude, I'm pretty sure by now you should have noticed this anime doesn't specifically focus on romance like some other anime. For all we know, there might not be a confession in the end. So please don't raise expectations for something so contrived, and complain about it later.

Are you stupid ? raise expectation for what ? i couldn't care less if that idiot confess or not(i like those kind of scenes but nothing major really) i would actually love for them to give a shit ending so people can complain .I never had any expectation from the series to begin with i have watched very early when i started watching anime that's why probably the only reason i liked it i don't exactly watch it as soon as it subbed i watch it when i am extermely bored then complain in the forum just because.
A lot of people stick with shows they don't love derp..
Mar 7, 2013 4:49 PM

Dec 2012
One question. If you hate fan services why the hell are you watching this series? and why the hell are you on episode 21? you don't make ANY sense....

PS. These idiots think that Sorata is not a *normal* person.. i swear.... please go look at the summery for this series PLEASE, then come back and bark.

Then again if you don't like this series GTFO, stop barking to those who actually like this series.... your argument is shit, and you should feel like shit.
lzs2503187Mar 7, 2013 5:04 PM
Mar 7, 2013 5:00 PM

Dec 2012
astemeric said:
Alfyan said:

I totally agree with you. I don't think everyone completely understands that Aoyama and Kanda aren't just trying to get by with being good as a hobby. They want it as their careers. They want to make a living off of it instead of being a low paid retail worker (no offense to anyone who works in retail, I'm right there myself). But constantly being in situations where there is someone who is actually succeeding EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY TRY will make you feel a lot worse about yourself. I mean I know many people who have poured their souls into their art (acting, singing, etc) and have barely made any money out of it. But they keep pushing because they want that one big break. It makes me a bit happy just to see that the disappointments of life aren't overlooked in this show. It's a lot easier for me to connect with personally.

You're mistaken, in Nanami shoes, she was truly aiming to being a Seiyuu and worked really hard for her passion. However Sorata's career in gaming was nothing but a admiration for those who lives in Sakurasou, with all the geniuses around him, he felt pressured with them, so he began to think he should do something as well. Their failure is expected, because it grabs the audience more into this series. In Nanami's case i do feel a bit saddened by her failure but then i feel it was good for her life and career, because now when she aims again she knows what she did wrong in the past experiences (also get rid of her Kansai dialogue when she's nervous.. there's no way she could be a Seiyuu like that because Seiyuu get their payment for each line they read). For Sorata, he failed twice with his project and in the end he got a letter saying about Mashiro's art, and he just went into a temporary shock, later on he gets cheered by Ryuunosuke and Nanami, but for now he got what he deserved.

PS. ONCE AGAIN, Sorata's sister is a genius she DID NOT fail her exam, she MISREAD the 6 and the 9.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.