Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2007 9:59 PM

Aug 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Apparently I'm on a roll today.

Anyways, watched the first yesterday, looks fairly promising. It started a little slow, and is a bit rougher than I expected, but has a ghibliesque topic and could turn out to be pretty decent.
#dontcare
Oct 8, 2007 6:38 PM

Jun 2007
It did have a bit of a slow start, but it so far is seems like it could be pretty good. It will be interesting to see where it goes.
Oct 8, 2007 7:49 PM
Sep 2006
In all actuality, I didn't care for this title at all. I didn't like the feel and the simplicity. I'll give it another episode or two, but I found it lacking in several areas.
Oct 9, 2007 4:58 AM

Jun 2007
I understand your thoughts as well for I do not see this being a master pecie work by any means, but still it has the protental to be good and interesting. I find it hard to rate a title until I have seen about 3 episodes, though I do not think I will drop it as of right now, but it is still possible that I might as well, even though it seems good right now.
Oct 9, 2007 10:54 AM

Sep 2007
After watching the first episode, I must say that it was not at all like what I was expecting. It's rather simple; although, I'm not sure if it means good or bad yet.
Oct 9, 2007 11:35 AM

Jun 2007
animation isnt that good :S the story mmmm wud say average.
i hope this show picks up in next ep
Oct 9, 2007 11:50 AM

Jan 2007
It's sweet, I guess, but that's not enough to go on. The whole time I was watching it I was waiting for it to be over.
Oct 9, 2007 1:19 PM

Oct 2006
...yet another so-so start. I don't like the animation style at all.
I was expecting this one to be interesting yet the first episode was anything but... let's see how the next one is.
Oct 9, 2007 2:26 PM

Jan 2007
Kinda interesting, but i didnt really grasp it all cause i watched the first 10 minutes of it then took a 2 hr nap and then finished the rest XD
Oct 9, 2007 2:58 PM

Jun 2007
The episode was kinda slow but looks like the series might turn out to be interesting. I do hope more characters are introduced cause if we get stuck with just the two girls, the grandparents and the cat... it might turn a bit dull.

Oct 9, 2007 5:35 PM

Jul 2007
It's definitely interesting but other then that I don't really know what to say about it. It's got potential and I don't plan on dropping it just because it was somewhat dull but I certainly do hope it picks up and gets more interesting.
Oct 9, 2007 9:01 PM

Feb 2007
Kanashimi said:
In all actuality, I didn't care for this title at all. I didn't like the feel and the simplicity. I'll give it another episode or two, but I found it lacking in several areas.

I thought you said that really well. I found this series and though "hey this could be good" but the first episode had nothing original at all.

It was just.. that same story...

I hope it gets better ;_;
Oct 10, 2007 1:31 AM

Apr 2007
lolz, i actually loved it :P. My fav anime of the fall season so far. I actually wanna give it a 10/10 already just after the first ep XD. Yeah, these are my type of stories, i just love them. Mizuki <3!~ Also love the ed and op ^^. Just like i predicted, this is most likely gonna be my dennou coil of the fall season ^^. Dennou coil ftw!!! XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2007 8:41 AM

Aug 2007
I liked it. Much better than the most other cliche series from this season.
It's one of the more quiet sort of anime, which are often (in my opinion) the better ones; and I liked the atmosphere in there.
I will surely follow this anime.
Oct 10, 2007 6:18 PM

Jun 2007
I also thought it started off kinda slow and boring but near the end it got more interesting. I'm going to keep watching this.
Oct 10, 2007 7:11 PM

May 2007
Well, it was one way to start a series, I guess.

I had a hard time getting through the first 10 minutes. My attention kept on wandering away from it like I was back in school or something. I don't mind quiet; I don't mind slow... when there's a reason or a purpose. Here, I felt like they made it slow just because that's what they think you do when you make this kind of show. It was boring and it dragged. I was even bored during the "climax" of the episode, which isn't a good sign.

I still think the premise sounds interesting and I want it to be a good show. So, I'm not ready to drop it yet since I'm hoping it'll find itself in the next few episodes, but we'll see.
Oct 11, 2007 1:33 AM

May 2007
Nice anime but a little boring for me. I don't like this love beyond sisters -__-

I will see 2nd ep... hope it'll be better
Oct 13, 2007 10:26 AM

Sep 2007
I was o.k., but only just. It kinda feels like it's going to turn into another one of those anime shows, with kawii girls crying at every turn and hardship. I had that problem with Gungrave. Mika was forever crying; ruining what was for me, a perfect anime. Yet there was still things that I did like. The fact that they do not seem to be constantly wearing the same clothes, (that pisses me off when I see it in anime- take the time people, take the time..). I also enjoyed the colors, and softness of the countryside. There were a few other things that irritated me... But this is not a ranting board. Plus I do believe it has the potential to get better.
Oct 14, 2007 5:38 PM

Aug 2007
This thing needs a story, badly. It's charming enough, and I rather like the art style, but picking happy flowers, promises to Granny and not-terribly-threatening-monster-from-popular-Japanese-mythology-(probably)-of-the-week will not cut it for long. I too get a ghibli-like vibe from it, but mostly because it seems like it's consciously trying to imitate the atmosphere of Totoro and possibly Omoide Poroporo rather than because it actually feels like ghibli itself. Not necessarily a bad thing, and I'll give it a few more episodes, but of the four new series I've started thus far, this is the one that's most likely to be abandoned.

Anyone else think "hang on, why's there an illegal out of Dennou Coil here?" when they first saw the Mikoshi thing?
Oct 16, 2007 8:15 AM

Aug 2007
what i didn't like in this show was the difference between the amazing opening with great animation and the average animation in the actual show. what was that about? i was so dissapointed...
this show is trying really hard to imitate ghibli shows but it's not enough and i didn't like it... also, ghibli's characters aren't crybabies.. and i didn't like the characters personalities, especially the younger sister..
i think they should make this show in their own way, not desperately trying to imitate ghibli movies o-o
Oct 18, 2007 3:01 PM

Jun 2007
D: I honestly can't see why everyone disliked this show so much... I thought it was a great first episode! The story seems extremely promising, and the characters, I think, will have a lot of room to grow. Plus, I just love the Ghibli feel to everything.
Nov 27, 2007 7:33 AM
Nov 2007
To anybody who's read the manga, this was a horrible, horrible disappointment. It seems they simply took the characters and settings, and wrote a whole new show that has none of the charm of the original. It had trouble getting through a single episode without just turning it off in disgust.

If you thought this show seemed like it was a good idea, but failed to live up to its potential, you should get the manga and read that, instead. It is in another league entirely from the horribly butchered anime.

This is almost worse than what they did to Yume Tsukai.
Oct 27, 2009 2:55 PM
Jul 2009
their grandma looks like a man.
Mar 31, 2013 12:12 PM

Jul 2011
THAT OPENING <333333333333333333

Otherwise, I thought it was a decent episode.
May 1, 2013 8:33 PM

Nov 2011
I kinda liked the OP song tbh...

Artwork is okay I guess, there's this majestic feeling that I'm getting from the show. Well, Mizuki is a cute girl from what I can see so far. I like the calming OST as well.

Kinda hard to see where this series goes but I'm also getting a SOL vibe.
Sep 27, 2014 5:43 AM

Aug 2013
That was a good first episode. Mizuki already got herself in trouble and it's only episode 1 haha. 23 more troubles to go.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 27, 2016 5:37 PM

Dec 2012
Seems like a neat show. Thought it would be a bit more relaxing, but this is nice too. Mizuki is too adorable though. It's reminiscent of Natsume Yuujinchou. I love the OP, it's so atmospheric and intense.
Feb 15, 2020 2:46 PM

Aug 2013
2007 is the true peak of anime.
That mysterious atmosphere, op/ed songs, soundtrack, artstyle.
Also, voice actors! Mizuki Nana, Hirano Aya, Kawasumi Ayako, Kugimiya Rie, Nakamura Yuuichi. Wow!
rsc-plFeb 15, 2020 3:44 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 23, 2021 2:41 AM

Feb 2020
Beautiful opening!

Nice first episode. It gave me both Ghibli and Natsume Yuujinchou vibes.

The bond between Shizuru and Mizuki is so heartwarming.

I don't know why this anime is so underwatched. This deserves more attention.

SerafosDec 11, 2022 9:37 AM
Apr 29, 2022 12:30 AM
Dec 2019
Mostly boring first episode. They spent a lot of time doing nothing; a slow pace can be used to establish character, worldbuild, show off the charm of the series, etc. but a lot of these scenes accomplished nothing. The climax was a metaphor for overcoming your fears by minimizing them in your head, but if only we were shown the episode from the big sister's perspective and get an idea of what she feared in the first place so that the climax could work.

At the very least, this anime looks like it will have some great individual moments where the music combined with the supernatural occurrences in scenic setting will create some magic.
Oct 5, 2023 4:36 PM

Apr 2019
I really don't have patience for forced drama. I took a look at episode 02 too, and there was more crying. I simply lost the desire to watch it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mokke Episode 24 Discussion

cyruz - Mar 29, 2008

28 by WatchTillTandava »»
Sep 28, 2023 1:49 AM

Poll: » Mokke Episode 2 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 20, 2007

14 by ANDy342 »»
Sep 24, 2023 6:09 AM

Poll: » Mokke Episode 16 Discussion

cyruz - Mar 2, 2008

11 by ryo-san »»
Sep 11, 2023 7:21 PM

Poll: » Mokke Episode 15 Discussion

cyruz - Feb 9, 2008

11 by ryo-san »»
Sep 11, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Mokke Episode 19 Discussion

slayer25k - Mar 14, 2008

10 by mySaudate »»
Jul 28, 2023 4:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.