Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 18, 2013 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Well, I am sort of glad that Trent is getting a lot of highlights this episode even though I don't see him standing out too much. Still seems like a lot of mysteries around but Heroine sure looks good in that yukata :p

It's nice to see the two bond a bit and going to the festival. I lol'd @ that artwork that Heroine made to show Kent who Orion is. So I think this is his arc so going to see how this will move on soon.
Feb 18, 2013 10:03 AM

Jan 2013
minescopeFeb 18, 2013 10:08 AM
Feb 18, 2013 11:10 AM

Mar 2009
Oh wow, Kent only gets one episode? That was harsh, poor guy

minescope said:

Feb 18, 2013 1:01 PM
Mar 2012
I guess the heroine "died" in the end of this episode just because some random person bumped into her and she lost her grip which made her get into a car accident since the light's already red.

She really need to stay away from streets, she almost "died" to car accident in episode 2 and she really "died" in episode 4 and this one.

I wonder if Toma route will also only 1 episode just like Kent...
melina_putriFeb 18, 2013 1:12 PM
Feb 18, 2013 2:59 PM

Jan 2013
melina_putri said:
I guess the heroine "died" in the end of this episode just because some random person bumped into her and she lost her grip which made her get into a car accident since the light's already red.

I think she didn't die. The most likely explanation is that the studio felt that Kent's route wasn't really integral to whatever plot they are pursuing and thus, ended it there to free up one episode to tie things together.

Honestly I think it's inevitable since Kent's route wasn't really exciting and it was the most "normal" otome route of them all. Not that it's a bad thing since I found it the second best route.

A more plot related explanation/theory is that:

A more unlikely explanation is Kent's route is a happy ending (massive spoilers)

Also, I honestly doubt Toma would get one episode because his route is memorable.
minescopeFeb 18, 2013 3:33 PM
Feb 18, 2013 4:31 PM
Sep 2012
minescope said:

I think she didn't die. The most likely explanation is that the studio felt that Kent's route wasn't really integral to whatever plot they are pursuing and thus, ended it there to free up one episode to tie things together.

Honestly I think it's inevitable since Kent's route wasn't really exciting and it was the most "normal" otome route of them all. Not that it's a bad thing since I found it the second best route.

A more plot related explanation/theory is that:

A more unlikely explanation is Kent's route is a happy ending (massive spoilers)

Also, I honestly doubt Toma would get one episode because his route is memorable.

I think the situation is somewhat different. It seems that Kent is the least popular guy (at least among the players of the game), then his time has been reduced. Following this line of thought, Touma should have more time, since he is more popular character (at least among the players of the game).

I think she was going to die, because she would be hit by a car. I have understood that all routes have a bad ending (where she died).
Konja6Feb 18, 2013 6:59 PM
Feb 18, 2013 5:02 PM

Jan 2013
Konja6 said:

I think she was going to die, because she would be hit by a car. I have understood that all routes have a bad ending (where she died).

The scene was kinda ambiguous and I can see how they might be hinting she gets run over by a car judging by the yellow lights but they were pretty unsubtle about her deaths, why not animate this one too? Unless they have it as a flashback next episode...

The game is infamous for its amount of bad endings but so far, her deaths were very very different from the anime, iirc:

She does get hit by a car in Kent's route but she survived it in the game. So maybe it was a reference to that incident?

IMO character popularity doesn't matter because the anime is mostly meant for people who have not played the game yet. Unlike the other routes which have an important driving question to them and also sheds light on some plot points

Kent's was just

So I thought if they are ever going to cut anything to make way for the plot, it would be Kent's route. And honestly what are they going to do in the 3 episodes for Toma?

1st episode -> Introduction I guess

minescopeFeb 18, 2013 6:04 PM
Feb 18, 2013 6:01 PM
Oct 2009
It's too bad they're cutting on Kento's screentime~ It was really cute how he was smart and weird and clumsy!

The heroin talked more than usual this time, she must be exhausted P:
Feb 18, 2013 6:31 PM

Dec 2007
minescope said:
Konja6 said:

I think they want to have more episodes on Ukyo's route rather than Toma's
Feb 19, 2013 8:03 AM

Jun 2011
I actually liked Kento and what do they do? Give him 20 minutes of screen time!
That was a really poor changeover into the next boyfriend too.
I hope there was a reason for the sudden switch, and not just "she got distracted and got hit by a car again."
Feb 19, 2013 8:21 AM

May 2012
OMFG that was so unfair
kent only got an episode q__q
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Feb 19, 2013 8:36 AM

Oct 2011
UNFAIR! totally. T-T
Since Kent only gets 1 episode. FTW! I love his route and he only gets that?

but i love this ep since I'm a Kento-san fan~
<3

time for mr. yandere next ep! XD
Feb 19, 2013 8:58 AM

Aug 2012
Damn, why did Kent only get one episode?
He's clearly the best character.
.................................................................................
Feb 19, 2013 9:16 AM

Apr 2011
Damn the way they prepare the death scene is very funny, because I always knew "Oh, she is gonna die again now". Even though I expected this arc to take 2 episodes, I knew it as soon aas I saw that traffic light to flash blue.
Anway, this character was the most intersting yet! Also...wasn't that Katsuras voice?
They should have included the following dialogue at the end:
"Ikimasho, Kent!"
"Kent ja nai. Katsura da!" XD
Feb 19, 2013 9:25 AM

Jan 2011
awww, this episode was so cute! Kent was really cute himself, smiling and all <3
but, IT WAS SO DAMN SHORT!!
I wanted to see more of their relationship!! ;A;
and so, we notice, she told Kent/he used the same trick as Shin - discovering that she lost her memory. so, next arc will be all "Eh? Ah so..." and nothing will happen -.-
tsumanaaai!!

btw
my hands still hurt as I clapped so hard when I saw Toma <3

("Kent ja nai! Katsura da!!" xD)

Feb 19, 2013 9:37 AM
Aug 2011
"Orion's clothing is strange."
Oh really, did you not see what everyone else is wearing?

Kent is smart and quirky, I like that, but Amnesia girl and show can't handle it.
Let's just give 1 episode to the first guy who actually bothered to talk to Orion to figure stuff out. :/
Feb 19, 2013 9:56 AM

Oct 2010
Only one episode? That's disappointing.
Feb 19, 2013 10:19 AM

Dec 2008
Kent has got to be the WORST boyfriend ever! But somehow, he seems perfect for the Heroine. He's also very smart. Finally, the Heroine gets to tell her side of the story and Orion gets some input too.

Now all it takes is for someone to bump into her and she's off to a new dimension? God forbid, she steps outside during 25 mph winds! She'll probably get blown into several dimensions 3 times over!

I don't know why, but I LOL'd over this.
That's the most personality she's shown since the start of this show.
Feb 19, 2013 10:44 AM
Jan 2011
Oh dear the Kento arc only gets one ep.
Feb 19, 2013 10:59 AM

Jul 2012
Omg Kento only gets one episode and no kiss... I didn't like him anyway!
I'm so looking forward to Toma's arc next week!!!!! He's been my favourite! :D
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma
Feb 19, 2013 11:12 AM
Dec 2012
I don't yet understand the anime. I thought she died in the previous episode, but somehow she returned as if nothing had happened. When Orion said to Kento the heroine was trapped in parallel worlds, I thought he would solve the prob finally. But then she drifted to other world again. What's the point of the anime as a whole? Even if she meets Kent again, it will be uncertain he remembers what Orion said, right? I'm lost.
Feb 19, 2013 11:16 AM

Oct 2011
Why!!!!?? Only one episode for Kent T___T I loved how he figured out Heroine's amnesia and he was trying to help her.
Feb 19, 2013 11:19 AM

Jan 2013
eminagnam said:
I thought he would solve the prob finally. But then she drifted to other world again. What's the point of the anime as a whole?

The final episodes will (hopefully) explain everything and amnesia at it's core, is just a love story
Feb 19, 2013 11:33 AM
Dec 2012
minescope said:
eminagnam said:
I thought he would solve the prob finally. But then she drifted to other world again. What's the point of the anime as a whole?

The final episodes will (hopefully) explain everything and amnesia at it's core, is just a love story

Ah ok. Did she disappear in front of Kent when she drifted to other world and got caught by the other guy? Did Kent lose sight of her at the crosswalk suddenly? Or is she omnipresent in every world at the same time??
Feb 19, 2013 11:41 AM

Jan 2013
eminagnam said:

Ah ok. Did she disappear in front of Kent when she drifted to other world and got caught by the other guy? Did Kent lose sight of her at the crosswalk suddenly? Or is she omnipresent in every world at the same time??

She either go hit by a car and died off screen, or randomly dimension jumped because

I can't really explain it well without going to massive spoiler territory so hang in there and enjoy(?) the next episodes without worrying about the supernatural stuff, at least for now.
Feb 19, 2013 11:55 AM
Dec 2012
minescope said:
She either go hit by a car and died off screen, or randomly dimension jumped because

I can't really explain it well without going to massive spoiler territory so hang in there and enjoy(?) the next episodes without worrying about the supernatural stuff, at least for now.

Interesting, thanks. Ok I shall leave myself hanging.
Feb 19, 2013 12:12 PM

Aug 2012
lol Kent sure got the short end of the stick..don't really see how Ikki's route was plot heavy enough to get three episodes but what do I know
Feb 19, 2013 12:13 PM

Jan 2011
Hahaha Jesus....the first dialogue to the episode is another "huh". There is nothing good to comment on. Seriously, nothing.

AlexTheRiot said:
lol Kent sure got the short end of the stick..don't really see how Ikki's route was plot heavy enough to get three episodes but what do I know

...plot...heavy?
Feb 19, 2013 12:42 PM
Jan 2013
What I found interesting is that Ukyo didn't make an appearance in this world, there wasn't a kiss scene either. I dot think Kento has any significant importance in her original life.

My theory:

So she has already died in Shin's world, she died in Ikki's world, and she died in Kento's world. I personally believe she has already died in her original life, and so Ukyo, her REAL boyfriend, is trying to snatch another one of her from each world, which is fu*king up the time an space of the boundary between worlds. This may be her last chance. Then that's where the climax comes in and all confusion is lost.
<3 UR PRETTY KEWL 2 <3
Feb 19, 2013 12:43 PM

Aug 2009
DAMN.....These episodes are getting quicker and quicker X_____x
But I really liked Kento Q__q

I HOPE TOMA'S IS LONG AND NICE AND ROMANTIC!!! <3 <3 <3 PLZZZ
Feb 19, 2013 1:25 PM
Mar 2012
Kento figured it out in now time - no surprise there.
He almost, but not quite, seemed like having Aspergers. It'd be really interesting to know someone like him.

And that very nearly was a normal date.
Feb 19, 2013 1:36 PM

Jan 2008
Kent got only one episode.
Excuse me while I rage and sob at the same time in the corner.
Feb 19, 2013 1:46 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah okay, give one of the best guys and the one that got the most personality and interaction out of Heroine one fucking episode. Here I am, thinking "hey, this wasn't all too bad" and BAM! Reset.

However.. Toma is absolutely adorable. I've been in love with that guy since I saw his face on the OP.

He likes surfing the internet, video games, and reading. Move out of the way Heroine, it's my time to self-insert into this shit and love this man.

Kidding, kidding, but really -- Toma just seems awesome. I'm such a girl.
Feb 19, 2013 1:49 PM

Sep 2007
ARG! No! Kent seemed the most awesome! I actually feel like sobbing at the sudden separation (Unlike the previous two)

Well....at least starting next time get to finally see what all this hype about Toma & cages is about.... (I can't imagine cages = best/most awesome route but let's see where this goes.....)
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Feb 19, 2013 1:51 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
minescope said:
Konja6 said:

The scene was kinda ambiguous and I can see how they might be hinting she gets run over by a car judging by the yellow lights but they were pretty unsubtle about her deaths, why not animate this one too? Unless they have it as a flashback next episode...

The game is infamous for its amount of bad endings but so far, her deaths were very very different from the anime, iirc:

She does get hit by a car in Kent's route but she survived it in the game. So maybe it was a reference to that incident?

IMO character popularity doesn't matter because the anime is mostly meant for people who have not played the game yet. Unlike the other routes which have an important driving question to them and also sheds light on some plot points

Kent's was just

So I thought if they are ever going to cut anything to make way for the plot, it would be Kent's route. And honestly what are they going to do in the 3 episodes for Toma?

1st episode -> Introduction I guess

LOL I laughed when I saw

I actually liked Kent...he's far more interesting than Ikki imo...and Ikki got like 3 episodes =_= Kent, although not good with emotions, I think is really interesting. He was so cute when he was patting the Heroine's head. Seems like he actually loves the Heroine. Too bad she's gone now. Man, I was finally liking this anime, but they're switching to another character already. Well from what I've been seeing, seems like Toma's part is going to interesting.

I'm not sure how the VN went, but looking at the anime only, I would say Ikki doesn't love the Heroine enough. Why? He's the only one so far that hasn't noticed that the Heroine lost her memories. Sorry, I just really dislike Ikki. Maybe because he doesn't look as good as the pictures I've seen of him from the VN.

I thought Toma would be a normal character. But I'm guessing that's not true from all the other comments...o_O
Feb 19, 2013 2:21 PM

Jan 2011
I think that in the end of the anime, she'll wake up in the cafe, on the same bed after she passed out (ep1)
that is so cliche

Feb 19, 2013 2:33 PM

Jan 2013
Ikano said:
(I can't imagine cages = best/most awesome route but let's see where this goes.....)

That's because IMO it isn't.

tingy said:

LOL I laughed when I saw

I didn't even list all the bad ends on the True Route but yeah it's pretty hilarious and at one point

tingy said:

I actually liked Kent...he's far more interesting than Ikki imo. I'm not sure how the VN went, but looking at the anime only, I would say Ikki doesn't love the Heroine enough. Why? He's the only one so far that hasn't noticed that the Heroine lost her memories. Sorry, I just really dislike Ikki.

I think Kent was a better boyfriend too , imo even the second best one in the series, just because Ikki was so indecisive about telling his fangirls off. I think the problem with Ikki's depiction in the anime is that they cut off his bad ends which portrays how much he actually loved her aka

And about Kent noticing the heroine's amnesia I think it was because they had a strained/always arguing relationship prior to her amnesia. So ofc he's kinda suspicious why she's so quiet now when she almost always confronted him.

As for Shin, he's her childhood friend.
tingy said:

I thought Toma would be a normal character. But I'm guessing that's not true from all the other comments...o_O

Lmao I think Shin is the most normal one ignoring his aggressive-ness/tsundere-ness.
minescopeFeb 19, 2013 2:43 PM
Feb 19, 2013 2:46 PM

Feb 2012
Kent is some smart mofo, got only 1 episode, and already discovered more then all of the rest 3 guys together.
Feb 19, 2013 2:51 PM

Nov 2007
Aw man, I thought they were kinda cute together and SERIOUSLY!? SHE DIES THAT EASILY. Holy cannoli, worst. Protagonist. Ever. She sets girls back like 100 years with her uselessness smh.

Anyway, next guys a yandere? Yay :D I like yanderes~

Feb 19, 2013 3:51 PM

Feb 2011
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand she switched worlds again . Too bad , Kento was my fave .
Feb 19, 2013 4:49 PM

Jun 2009
I was so very much looking forward to Kent's route. He's my favorite character.... And what? One episode. ONE x.x
I like pancakes.
Feb 19, 2013 5:23 PM

Aug 2012
I've enjoyed this ep, but why only one with Kent? I'm pretty dissapointed with that.

I found he pretty cute~ the way he doesn't know how to handle a date, and that kind of things. I laughed so hard when he thought of the possiblity of she being abducted by aliens lol
Also that he was the only one with whom she was able to talk with complete honestly about the amnesia issue and even talk with Orion, I liked that, yes.

And maybe I'm slow or something lol but only after reading some of your post that I thought of the possibility that she dies every time she changes of world xD Also, I don't know anything about the game, only what is shown on the anime, so I hope things to be explained in these 5? remaining episodes.
melphithFeb 19, 2013 5:38 PM
Feb 19, 2013 5:33 PM

Apr 2007
omg I thought Kent would be really boring, but he actually turned out to be kinda cute and interacted so well with the main girly YET HE ONLY GETS ONE EPISODE??? asdfghjkl
Feb 19, 2013 5:43 PM

Oct 2012
LOL what a nerd... xD but I think Kent's route is more heartwarming...

also just a question to the fellows who played the game (spoiler...maybe)
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Feb 19, 2013 5:43 PM

Nov 2012
the heroines relationship with kento was so cute>w<
but only one episode.. ):
Feb 19, 2013 5:51 PM

Aug 2011
Villetta_Nu said:

I don't know why, but I LOL'd over this.
That's the most personality she's shown since the start of this show.

I lol'd too XDDDD

YES CAGE OF LOVE NEXT. MY BODY IS READEH.

Meh, I wasn't exactly looking forward to Kent that much anyways. Tomaaaa YOUR TIME HAS COME. I hope they actually begin focussing on Ukyou after that. I'm seriously looking at the number of episodes we have left, and how they're going to fit his arc in... (which should be the main one)

Itermin8rX said:

And that's pretty much a gist of the entire cage of love part. Keep in mind I haven't played the game in a while so my details may seem more gruesome than they actually are xD
LaciieFeb 19, 2013 5:58 PM
Feb 19, 2013 6:02 PM
Sep 2012
GOD THE BELTS. STOP IT WITH THE FUCKING BELTS.
Feb 19, 2013 6:05 PM

Oct 2012
bippo said:
GOD THE BELTS. STOP IT WITH THE FUCKING BELTS.

swag
UtsukushiiYume said:

Itermin8rX said:

And that's pretty much a gist of the entire cage of love part. Keep in mind I haven't played the game in a while so my details may seem more gruesome than they actually are xD

O.O now I'm definitely not gonna stall this serial xD
cage lovers ftw~
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Feb 19, 2013 6:21 PM
Feb 2010
I hope they'll show what happened in each route after the heroine changed worlds.
Feb 19, 2013 6:25 PM

Apr 2008
Suzie said:
It's too bad they're cutting on Kento's screentime~ It was really cute how he was smart and weird and clumsy!

The heroin talked more than usual this time, she must be exhausted P:

Agreed!!!! :P

Monochrome said:
omg I thought Kent would be really boring, but he actually turned out to be kinda cute and interacted so well with the main girly YET HE ONLY GETS ONE EPISODE??? asdfghjkl

Kento is definitely the most interesting character so far, and I thought they were so cute together too. Plus, with their level of interaction and conversation, we got to see more 'sides' of Heroine.

Well on to Toma next!!!
nehnehnejiFeb 19, 2013 6:48 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2013

163 by RioAl »»
Apr 19, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2013

207 by Ailastara »»
Feb 20, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 11, 2013

116 by _Shara_ »»
Dec 21, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2013

98 by _Shara_ »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:06 PM

Poll: » Amnesia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2013

131 by _Shara_ »»
Dec 14, 2023 5:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.