Forum Settings
Forums

Kannagi Manga Suspended [Updated on Dec 12]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 5, 2008 9:57 PM

Dec 2007
ShaolinRibiero said:
Splitter said:
It's because people like these will rage if their "waifu" is tainted in any way.

What the fuck is a waifu?

waifu = wife? :D

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Dec 5, 2008 10:04 PM

Jul 2008
I'm pretty curious as to what this "illness" is specifically, and hopefully we get the full story soon. However, I do hope she does become well and continues the manga despite her readers being absolutely insane otaku.
FactorDec 5, 2008 10:34 PM
Dec 5, 2008 10:34 PM

Jan 2008
kimatg said:
crono22 said:
Stupid otakus.........

lol and I thought we were all otakus here in MAL. XD

that just proved what crono22 said is true

Dec 5, 2008 10:39 PM

May 2008
Nothing of value was lost.
Dec 5, 2008 10:40 PM

Apr 2007
good. hope she dies
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2008 2:49 AM

May 2008
Crap, this all reminds me of Ai Kago and other Hello!Project idol scandals.
I'm gonna miss my Kannagi.;_;

*crosses fingers*
It might drive me to smoke some Virginia Slims if Kannagi never resumes.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Dec 6, 2008 7:11 AM

Jul 2007
Kraker2k said:
Fai said:
Slayer12 said:

Funny how you say that and kannagi is one of the best fall animes that came out with a rating of 8.02

rating is nothing but a reflection of ignorance and mainstream-ness of the show.

The usual shonen trash like naruto and bleach also score ~8. Does it make it the best thing ever? No.

Unoriginal stuff always tends to get good ratings(Haruhi?) because it has something to appease the mainstream public, instead of being original :)

"Unoriginal stuff always tends to get good ratings"
Haha what a hypocrite.
In your list:
Evangelion = 10
Gundam 00 = 10
Code Geass = 10
Zeta Gundam = 10

All of which are mainstream shows that appeal to the masses, yet you claim shows like Haruhi & Kannagi which have a more niché fandom are far more unoriginal.

Oh how badly do you fail sir, oh.

Mainstream ? Maybe. But all of them offered something new instead of overused school romance comedy setting. They are not "mainstream", they are the classics of anime(well, EVA, Zeta and 00 are). Should I change my opinion on the original material, just because after a few years authors decided to sell out? No.

Kannagi, Haruhi and other school-comedy-drama-romance bs IS CREATED to be mainstream, on other hand.

CCZilla said:

Funny, because you give Code Geass a 10 despite it being an obvious mating of Gundam and Death Note.

I would have given Nine(because I, frankly enjoyed it, and I am not republican enough to see any connections or "copying" of Gundam or Death Note).

I simply gave it ten because of the same reason - mainstream bash. Masses think its ok to bash certain shows without any reason, and I am not going to just flow with that :)

P.S. I am not going to continue this pointless discussion, as some people are just not ready to accept the facts, But I agree with what was said by some people above - "Nothing of value was lost". A few sweeps of illness cleaning up the anime&manga market, would let an interesting and thoughtful material to get more space :).

And If she is just scared of "angering the fans" - well, that just proved my thoughts about mainstream writers :)
Dec 6, 2008 7:13 AM

May 2007
dtshyk said:
According to Comic REX magazine, Takenashi Eri's manga "Kannagi" will be withheld from publication for some while due to the ill health of the author. It's unknown when the manga will resume publication.

Source: Scan of Comic REX

I read that on Sankaku. I lol'd and raged a little.
Dec 6, 2008 7:37 AM
Dec 2007
Fai said:
Kraker2k said:
Fai said:
Slayer12 said:

Funny how you say that and kannagi is one of the best fall animes that came out with a rating of 8.02

rating is nothing but a reflection of ignorance and mainstream-ness of the show.

The usual shonen trash like naruto and bleach also score ~8. Does it make it the best thing ever? No.

Unoriginal stuff always tends to get good ratings(Haruhi?) because it has something to appease the mainstream public, instead of being original :)

Haha what a hypocrite.
In your list:
Evangelion = 10
Gundam 00 = 10
Code Geass = 10
Zeta Gundam = 10

All of which are mainstream shows that appeal to the masses, yet you claim shows like Haruhi & Kannagi which have a more niché fandom are far more unoriginal.

Mainstream ? Maybe. But all of them offered something new instead of overused school romance comedy setting. They are not "mainstream", they are the classics of anime(well, EVA, Zeta and 00 are). Should I change my opinion on the original material, just because after a few years authors decided to sell out? No.

Kannagi, Haruhi and other school-comedy-drama-romance bs IS CREATED to be mainstream, on other hand.

CCZilla said:

Funny, because you give Code Geass a 10 despite it being an obvious mating of Gundam and Death Note.

I would have given Nine(because I, frankly enjoyed it, and I am not republican enough to see any connections or "copying" of Gundam or Death Note).

I simply gave it ten because of the same reason - mainstream bash. Masses think its ok to bash certain shows without any reason, and I am not going to just flow with that :)

P.S. I am not going to continue this pointless discussion, as some people are just not ready to accept the facts, But I agree with what was said by some people above - "Nothing of value was lost". A few sweeps of illness cleaning up the anime&manga market, would let an interesting and thoughtful material to get more space :).

And If she is just scared of "angering the fans" - well, that just proved my thoughts about mainstream writers :)
How about I perpetuate his failure some more. Seriously, mainstream and unoriginal is still mainstream and unoriginal. Code Geass especifically is the perfect example of what mainstream anime is. Even it's director admitted it once. Just because I liked it I won't be completely blind to the fact it was all just pretty mirrors meant to hook watchers through plot twist after plot twist (plot inconsistencies be damned).
Neverender said:
good. hope she dies
So says the person with the Zange picture on his signature. Also, do you really mean it... if so, I really am appaled by how insensitive people can be. You may hate someone, but please don't wish for people's death. That's disgusting to hear, no matter the situation.
Leon-GunDec 6, 2008 7:40 AM

Dec 6, 2008 7:45 AM

Jul 2007
Fai said:
Kraker2k said:
Fai said:
Slayer12 said:

Haha what a hypocrite.
In your list:
Evangelion = 10
Gundam 00 = 10
Code Geass = 10
Zeta Gundam = 10

CCZilla said:

*facepalm*

I guess I'll start from the top and work my way down... okay, first off, I'll concede to you that Evangelion was rather original for its time and did a lot of stuff no one else had dared before it.

Code Geass offered nothing new to the table. It's an amalgamation of everything Sunrise is famous for (fancy mecha, characters that seemingly die over and over but never do, best friends turned enemies by conflict, psycho lesbian) and then some. The premise is identical to Death Note, whereas Lulu = Light, Geass = Death Note, and C.C. = Ryuk. The Emperor's grand scheme turned out to be a rehash of what End of Evangelion did nearly 10 years before it. It was a lot of fun from start to finish, but the storyline was a train wreck.

And how can you even call Code Geass and Gundam 00 "classic"? One has only been completed for two months, and the other isn't even done yet! Eva is a classic, these two we have yet to see if they will stand the test of time.

Now regarding Kannagi and Haruhi being created to be mainstream, no. Haruhi was never intended for mainstream consumption which is why it aired on the late-night "otaku" blocks, as does Kannagi now. They were intended for a niche audience but have grown to noticeability outside the intended audience. Mainstream implies that people outside the know will still be aware of these shows even if they don't watch them. Pokemon, Naruto, and Dragonball Z are all fine examples of this. Haruhi and Kannagi are not.

Claiming you aren't "republican enough to see any connections or "copying" of Death Note and Gundam" is ignorant. Choosing to pretend these connections do not exist so you can feel you're still right is an insult to those you are replying to. Light got the Death Note from Ryuk and used it to become god of a new world. Lulu got the Geass from C.C. and used it to conquer the world. Thus a connection does exist.

I don't agree with bashing mainstream shows, but giving out tens because of the bashers is just the other side of the same coin. You're just as bad as the bashers.

"P.S. I am not going to continue this pointless discussion, as some people are just not ready to accept the facts,"

Wow, what a douche.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Dec 6, 2008 8:59 AM

Dec 2007
Splitter said:
Fai said:
Kraker2k said:
Fai said:
Slayer12 said:

Haha what a hypocrite.
In your list:
Evangelion = 10
Gundam 00 = 10
Code Geass = 10
Zeta Gundam = 10

CCZilla said:

*facepalm*

I guess I'll start from the top and work my way down... okay, first off, I'll concede to you that Evangelion was rather original for its time and did a lot of stuff no one else had dared before it.

Code Geass offered nothing new to the table. It's an amalgamation of everything Sunrise is famous for (fancy mecha, characters that seemingly die over and over but never do, best friends turned enemies by conflict, psycho lesbian) and then some. The premise is identical to Death Note, whereas Lulu = Light, Geass = Death Note, and C.C. = Ryuk. The Emperor's grand scheme turned out to be a rehash of what End of Evangelion did nearly 10 years before it. It was a lot of fun from start to finish, but the storyline was a train wreck.

And how can you even call Code Geass and Gundam 00 "classic"? One has only been completed for two months, and the other isn't even done yet! Eva is a classic, these two we have yet to see if they will stand the test of time.

Now regarding Kannagi and Haruhi being created to be mainstream, no. Haruhi was never intended for mainstream consumption which is why it aired on the late-night "otaku" blocks, as does Kannagi now. They were intended for a niche audience but have grown to noticeability outside the intended audience. Mainstream implies that people outside the know will still be aware of these shows even if they don't watch them. Pokemon, Naruto, and Dragonball Z are all fine examples of this. Haruhi and Kannagi are not.

Claiming you aren't "republican enough to see any connections or "copying" of Death Note and Gundam" is ignorant. Choosing to pretend these connections do not exist so you can feel you're still right is an insult to those you are replying to. Light got the Death Note from Ryuk and used it to become god of a new world. Lulu got the Geass from C.C. and used it to conquer the world. Thus a connection does exist.

I don't agree with bashing mainstream shows, but giving out tens because of the bashers is just the other side of the same coin. You're just as bad as the bashers.

"P.S. I am not going to continue this pointless discussion, as some people are just not ready to accept the facts,"

Wow, what a douche.

I couldn't have said it any better myself. Kudos.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2008 9:27 AM
Aug 2007
:/ hopefully the author gets well soon

Dec 9, 2008 7:59 AM

Dec 2007
Neverender said:
good. hope she dies

0/10, gb2/a/

Fai said:

P.S. I am not going to continue this pointless discussion, as some people are just not ready to accept the facts

What facts? That you're a hypocrite? That you mindlessly bash on a type of series and somehow think your opinion = fact?

You might want to stop convincing yourself that you're not as dumb as people think you are.

Anyway, guys, she's not ill. She just doesn't want to do it anymore. Reason being: her fanbase consists of the worst kind of otaku. No one in their right mind would want to do any work when they have a fanbase like that.
Dec 9, 2008 9:09 AM

Jan 2008
Some fans were a bit more than angry. Take a look at this:

...クレイジー
(source)
Dec 9, 2008 9:19 AM

Jun 2008
that is just incredibly stupid.

I really hope she just finishes it. there should still be plenty of fans that still want to read it.
Dec 9, 2008 1:06 PM
Dec 2007
sniW said:

...クレイジー
(source)
Well, his problem if he wants to waste his money that way.

Dec 9, 2008 1:49 PM

Nov 2007
Leon-Gun said:
sniW said:

...クレイジー
(source)

Actually that photo was from before publication was stopped.
Dec 10, 2008 1:14 AM
Jan 2008
From what I heard:

Dec 10, 2008 3:54 AM

Jul 2008
Being serious for a second, that's a fucking cop-out.

A writer with real conviction in the quality of his or her work wouldn't give two shits about some angry fans. An author with something compelling and raw to convey through their work would sacrifice their very health to publish it. They have an amazing story to tell, and goddamn it, they won't be satisfied until it's finished.

That's the difference between genuine passion and energy for one's work, and someone that's faking it.

Since she's so easily affected by some angry idiots, I tend to believe she's in the latter category.
Dec 10, 2008 4:02 AM

May 2008
"No Connection"
-link-

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Dec 10, 2008 7:59 AM

Jan 2008
So it's an effing conspiracy after all. I knew it!. Now I'm wondering what might have happened to D.Gray-man =S
Dec 10, 2008 12:10 PM
Dec 2007
People take their hobbies too seriously...or should I say idiots do.

Dec 10, 2008 3:45 PM

Oct 2008
sniW said:

That's not the actions of an angry fan, but the actions of a "nutcase". What a waste of money! The author must be upset that his/her artistic work is torn into pieces. How sad..
Dec 10, 2008 3:46 PM

Apr 2007
sniW said:

...クレイジー
(source)

ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH
Dec 11, 2008 2:09 AM

Jan 2008
AikoD said:
Leon-Gun said:
sniW said:

...クレイジー
(source)

Oh, that's..weird. I wonder why s/he ripped them all up then.
Dec 11, 2008 7:56 AM

Oct 2007
sniW said:
AikoD said:
Leon-Gun said:
sniW said:

...クレイジー
(source)

Oh, that's..weird. I wonder why s/he ripped them all up then.
Just because of some plot twist in the last chapter s/he decided to rip all of those 5 awesome volumes?
That is nothing different from the guy in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Olki4X-da4

Calling yourself an Otaku while doing this shit is nothing different from being a man but all he use was his strength and not his brain.

If a person like that also called an "Otaku" then I will never recognized myself as an Otaku ever in my life.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 11, 2008 10:13 AM
Dec 2007
I think we should create a new category for the "nutty" branch of the Otaku community.

Dec 12, 2008 1:46 AM
Jan 2008
Well it seems to be all over.

http://news.greedland.net/Channel/content/2008/200812/20081212/15732.html
http://news.greedland.net/Channel/content/2008/200812/20081212/15732_1.html (contains some scenes from the manga along with some other interesting pictures)

Author says she never received anything threatening and the manga will continue.
Dec 12, 2008 2:25 AM

Jan 2008
that's good news 8D
Dec 12, 2008 5:09 AM

Oct 2007
It seems like this world hasn't meet its ending yet :D

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 12, 2008 6:30 AM

Feb 2008
News updated

Dec 11th=================
According to Minekura Kazuya's (the author of "Saiyuki") blog, Takenashi Eri cannot get out of the bed due to the illness.
The official website announced that the illustrator of the DVD storage box(, which is the extra item bundled with Kannagi DVD volume 3 Limited Edition) will be switched from Takenashi Eri to Kadowaki Satoshi (the graphic art director of Kannagi).

Source: nitro diary
Source: Official website

Dec 12th=========================
According to Ichijinsha website, Takenashi Eri was hospitalized after finishing Kannagi manga episode released in the December issue and had an emergency surgery. The surgery was successful and she is getting better now. Eri sensei is still in the hospital but she is eager to resume publication as soon as possible.

Source: the official announcement from the publisher
Dec 12, 2008 7:39 AM

Jun 2008
Yay :D

I'm so glad it wasn't suspended because of what the fans did
Dec 12, 2008 10:22 AM

Feb 2008
I pray for your quick recovery Eri-sensei :D
Dec 12, 2008 11:23 AM
Dec 2007
nevets1219 said:
Well it seems to be all over.

http://news.greedland.net/Channel/content/2008/200812/20081212/15732.html
http://news.greedland.net/Channel/content/2008/200812/20081212/15732_1.html (contains some scenes from the manga along with some other interesting pictures)

Author says she never received anything threatening and the manga will continue.
Well, at the very least they didn't just went "oh, she's sick" and left it at that. By providing some details it destroys some of the suspicions. And it's obvious she'll try and pretend all that "fan hate" business never happened, else it will cause an even bigger scandal. It's better to leave it as "rumors" and deny it ever happened.
Leon-GunDec 12, 2008 11:27 AM

Dec 12, 2008 11:54 AM
Jan 2008
Well according to other sources (such as ANN) she is supposedly very sick.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-12-12/kannagi-creator-takenashi-undergoes-surgery-recovers

Anyways other more happier news: the bookstores (or publisher, I forgot) posted something along the lines of "Not pure is OK" but it was more of a catchy phrase (at least in Japanese and Chinese) - I believe that's what the 2nd link shows (from my previous post but my Japanese isn't good enough to be absolutely sure)
Dec 12, 2008 10:18 PM

Jan 2008
dtshyk said:

Dec 12th=========================
According to Ichijinsha website, Takenashi Eri was hospitalized after finishing Kannagi manga episode released in the December issue and had an emergency surgery. The surgery was successful and she is getting better now. Eri sensei is still in the hospital but she is eager to resume publication as soon as possible.

Source: the official announcement from the publisher

Wow, I didn't think it was that serious. I hope she's ok..
Dec 13, 2008 5:14 PM

Nov 2006
My heart goes out to her. I hope she's not in unbearable pain.
Dec 14, 2008 3:45 PM

Jan 2008
At least it seems like she will be getting better, I hope so, but my best wishes go out to her.

Apr 21, 2009 8:34 PM

Feb 2008
News Update
Takenashi-sensei posted a comment in her blog. This is the first entry since she was hospitalized last November. She said she had a serious illness due to the overwork. She had already left the hospital and is now taking a rest at home. She thanked for the emails, flowers and even Senbazuru sent by the fans.

Source: Takenote
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
1 hour ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
3 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

17 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.