Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 4, 2008 6:50 PM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was good story wise. but without the horror and suspense I really felt that something was missing (I really hope they'll do that famous Nanami **** ** * *** scene next episode - while seeing the preview I got a feeling they can still do it next episode,- it's still possible even though they pretty much emitted all the "juicy" scenes in the last episodes, I still feel that they won't give up on animating that scene).

It feels that with the development of this episode,the last episode was somewhat unnecessary - they barely found some areas to connect to the last episode, so it's importance was less than minimal to the story.

We learned that some of the characters that seemed to be innocent are not that innocent at all.

We are also continuing to learn about Rimi's and beginning to learn about Taku's true identity, which should be explained thoroughly in the next episode.

In conclusion: I must say that personally I found this episode to be really interesting.

If they do the next one right, it should be epic. If they do it so called half-right, it should be interesting.

That is all.
DeadIEndDec 5, 2008 2:31 PM
Dec 4, 2008 6:59 PM
Jul 2008
i cant understand it anymore especially that "fun" equation ==
Dec 4, 2008 7:10 PM

Nov 2008
Nice to see you rarri. Great episode. Needs more Kozue-piii. More to follow. Beginning from the the start. Seems Yua double crosses Takumi and further tells police about things. Such as the Gero Keiro and where they sell them.

The 6th New Gen problem occurs involving funny thing but logical the same three guys who beat up Takumi in episode 7.

Ok the male partner of detective Ban Suwa Mamoru is fishy and so is Hazuki the nurse. The smile ain't exactly right nor good. Looks more evil.

The hospital was cool but the question remains-->Why did Ayase slap Rimi?
BTW Misumi should not depress cause he does not get Ayase, the guy got already too many girls anyways. Probably screwed way more than Takumi.

The random calls sure made things more freaky of Nanami with pain shrieks. WTF? Was someone doing torture? Seemed like it.

WOW is what I have to say for the fight. Sena going bonkers on Takumi, then Rimi appears in front protect Takumi and summon her Di-sword! Great stuff then Takumi making a illusion of Hatano, then Sena killing him but since it is a illusion it does not make Hatano dead. The whole sequence of that part was just great.

Kozue-piiii should have done more than just watch but hearing her voice to a fan is good also.

Some random questions:

1. Why does Sena freak out at the equation?
2. Who are these guys who make the frogs exactly?
3. How can it be that Rimi wakes up with her Di-Sword suddenly when last episode she did not even wake up?
4. How does Shogun make his room and passage appear?
5 .Is Nanami being tortured or forced just to get her Di-Sword?

My Two cents:

1.Rimi is cool with her Di-Sword! Takumi might be freaked out. Question! Did Rimi summon her Di-Sword with the fact that she wanted to protect Takumi?
2.Ayase's story is mindfuck.

slayer545-samaDec 5, 2008 12:35 AM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 5, 2008 4:52 AM

Jun 2008
Not satisfied with the spoilers in the opening they went out and made Suwa and Hazuki scream "WE'RE VILLAINS, LOL!"(that's a second time for Suwa, but it was even more blatant), that will really screw up the impact of the scenes they're finally revealed.

Gurajioru's official(?) romanization was given as Gladiale, but I'll reject it.

I'm also particularly dissatisfied with the Takumi's excursion in the hospital ended up looking. He gets to the last floor that's washed up with a bright light instead of looking normal, turns right and faces a dark corner that looks like it only had a broken light bulb or something. Originally he's searching around on a floor that doesn't look anything unusual then "BAM!" there's a thick, pure black wall of shadow that looks like it'll either hold you back like a solid wall or will suck you in like a black hole if you touch it, the soundtrack on that scene also helps a lot.

Personal rants aside, I'll answer two of slayer's questions that are possible to be perceived from what the anime has already shown, so I don't think they qualify as spoilers, but I'll put spoiler tags just to be safe.
Dec 5, 2008 5:07 AM

Nov 2008
RandomOugi said:
Not satisfied with the spoilers in the opening they went out and made Suwa and Hazuki scream "WE'RE VILLAINS, LOL!"(that's a second time for Suwa, but it was even more blatant), that will really screw up the impact of the scenes they're finally revealed.

Gurajioru's official(?) romanization was given as Gladiale, but I'll reject it.

I'm also particularly dissatisfied with the Takumi's excursion in the hospital ended up looking. He gets to the last floor that's washed up with a bright light instead of looking normal, turns right and faces a dark corner that looks like it only had a broken light bulb or something. Originally he's searching around on a floor that doesn't look anything unusual then "BAM!" there's a thick, pure black wall of shadow that looks like it'll either hold you back like a solid wall or will suck you in like a black hole if you touch it, the soundtrack on that scene also helps a lot.

Personal rants aside, I'll answer two of slayer's questions that are possible to be perceived from what the anime has already shown, so I don't think they qualify as spoilers, but I'll put spoiler tags just to be safe.

Cool! Thanks, makes more sense. So Ayase and Rimi will maybe

Trauma? Yeah I know about most of them the one of Rimi is not shown nor was the one of Nanami yet but it's coming I suppose.

Takumi's trauma start was the one when those three guys beat him up?

I take it also the trauma is a sacrifice to pay to get the Di-Sword?

Dec 5, 2008 5:42 AM

Jun 2008
I merely find the fact that each one has some heavy mental weight fitting Ayase's explanation interesting. From her point of view they are necessary steps in order to obtain the D-swords, but there's no definite evidence that's the case.

Takumi's trauma, like Kishimoto says, is the entirety of the events of the story, because the entire series focus on him having multiple mental breakdowns, sometimes being relieved by Seira, Rimi, Kozue and etc. just to find another gory delusion around the corner. That's one of the aspects the anime isn't portraying very nicely partly due to lack of time and also the stuff regarding pacing and style I always complain about, so maybe that's why you're led to pinpoint the DQN guys' assault on him as his trauma.
Dec 5, 2008 7:39 AM

Jul 2008
wow this episode explain a lot of things, the guy who is senas father, takumi who created Ir2, and shogun is takumi(?).

Dec 5, 2008 10:10 AM

Aug 2008
Plot thickens, plus Kanon and Elfen Lied cameos.

So, how many routes does the VN have? IE, how easy is it to follow the 'true' route? Thing is, I'm willing to try the game, but I prefer my stories to be set for me — I just don't have the patience for choose-you-own-adventure stories.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 5, 2008 10:22 AM
Mar 2008
WTF!!! ... but I love this kind of story ... glad that no more talk about the game ... just let the anime story rolls ...
Dec 5, 2008 11:18 AM

Jul 2008
So everything revolve with Takumi's story...

His essay being about an older him knowing how to use a power that he couldn't use.
So we have a paradox there, one must be the delusion of the other, which is the true one? Taku created Shogun or Shogun created a younger version of himself through delusion...

I'm happy about the turn of the event, I love this show.

Since they are both recognized by other both have proper existence now, so Rimi must choice between the young or the old one. Seem that Shogun want Rimi to go with Taku because he's supposed to kill him and that's what he want.
AlycenDec 5, 2008 11:21 AM
Dec 5, 2008 11:21 AM

Jun 2008
Good episode.

Dunno why i laughed when they showed that shogun is takumi xD
Dec 5, 2008 12:10 PM

Aug 2008
I really should rewatch this whole series from the start. I'm not remembering a whole lot of minute details and it's interfering with my understanding of the progression of the series....

As far as I can tell, it appears that Rimi is an agent, but somehow is falling for Takumi. Seems her wish is to prevent him from becoming one of those Gladiales. Ayase apparently wants Takumi to join in on the fight and change the world.

That shady group of corperate executives is weird. It seems like they're pulling strings, but for the sake or world domination of some sort? Does it have anything to do with the Shogun? How does the Shogun fit in with this group or is he some completely independent wild card entity?

Alternatively, maybe Shogun is a creation of Takumi's mind, or a split personality fragment within Takumi.
Gaming dabblings: iRO Chaos, US Pangya, iRO Valkyrie, KR Pangya

*^will fix this monstrosity later*
Dec 5, 2008 12:16 PM

Aug 2008
All of this is very predictable...I would like to be surprised by what's going on once in this show.
Dec 5, 2008 2:00 PM

Oct 2007
rarri said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was good story wise. but without the horror and suspense I really felt that something was missing (I really hope they'll do that famous Nanami **** ** * *** scene next episode - while seeing the preview I got a feeling they can still do it next episode,- it's still possible even though they pretty much emitted all the "juicy" scenes in the last episode, I still feel that they won't give up on animating that scene).

It feels that with the development of this episode,the last episode was somewhat unnecessary - they barely found some areas to connect to the last episode, so it's importance was less than minimal to the story.

We learned that some of the characters that seemed to be innocent are not that innocent at all.

We are also continuing to learn about Rimi's and beginning to learn about Taku's true identity, which should be explained thoroughly in the next episode.

In conclusion: I must say that personally I found this episode to be really interesting.

If they do the next one right, it should be epic. If they do it so called half-right, it should be interesting.

That is all.

what's with the *****, what happened to nanmi? put it in spoilers if you want.

JadeMatrix said:
Plot thickens, plus Kanon and Elfen Lied cameos.

So, how many routes does the VN have? IE, how easy is it to follow the 'true' route? Thing is, I'm willing to try the game, but I prefer my stories to be set for me — I just don't have the patience for choose-you-own-adventure stories.

Kanon and Elfen Lied cameos? Where?
Dec 5, 2008 4:47 PM

Aug 2008
What the hell I don't quite see what's going on. This anime is full of questions and can't be predicted. Only three more episodes to solve this epic problem of WHERE IS IT GOING?

Dec 5, 2008 4:56 PM

Nov 2007
Fun^10 O_O? What next xD, but the part where they said branch off from the world reminded me of Suzumiya Haruhi @_@ but wow @ the scene at the end xD plot twist ha ha
Dec 5, 2008 5:03 PM

Nov 2008
After subs thoughts

Need help to clear following confusions (took me time) so can someone explain me the pictures with the subs and it's meaning regarding all the previous episodes?

Based on the following pics with subs please help.

Based on what Ayase told Takumi with the subs:
Who is Basilik? Does that mean each one including Takumi has their own Dark Lord that they had to go through pain that is supposed to be a divine punishment as a test of the Dark Lord to determine if your are worthy?

So that Gladiale Lord is the Lord that needs to be destroyed by the 7 Dark Knights? Each using their Dark Lords power to destroy "the evil" Dark Lord among all these dark Lords?

b]Is Norose and N.O.Z.O.M.I. crazy? They are going to do a third trial that is named "The Third Melt" and the earthquake will be 7.8 to 8.4 on the Richter scale? I mean won't that kill many people?

Meaning of Takumi's dream. Time travel, time manipulation? Is it possible future Takumi with Takumi when he was young traveled through space and that is how Shogun survived from the future where he was supposed to die???

Dec 5, 2008 7:22 PM

May 2008
SHOGUN IS TAKUMI!!!!!11111ONEONEONEONEONE. D: BIG SHOCK FOR ME. ;_;
Dec 5, 2008 10:12 PM

Mar 2008
This anime has become a big clusterfuck of ideas and subplots, most of them silly.

I can't honestly say i care even one bit for any of these characters or what happens to them.
Dec 6, 2008 8:55 AM

May 2008
slayer545 said:

Meaning of Takumi's dream. Time travel, time manipulation? Is it possible future Takumi with Takumi when he was young traveled through space and that is how Shogun survived from the future where he was supposed to die???

BIG spoiler DO NOT READ IF YOU AREN"T PREPARED, but it will explain

Dec 6, 2008 10:34 AM

Nov 2007
So I was really going along with this until it was revealed that Nozomis doomsday device runs on an equation that uses Fun^10

Seriousely, wtf?

Dec 6, 2008 10:39 AM

Nov 2008
MasterOot said:
slayer545 said:

BIG spoiler DO NOT READ IF YOU AREN"T PREPARED, but it will explain

Thanks and thanks and thanks. Man all are so supportive here! :)
Your explanation is the second one that cleared more things for me. I did not that about Shogun and now it is making sense. I wonder though why would the Takumi fear shogun? Does he have any motivations to be scared other than what freaked him out?

I wonder if all that Takumi is doing now was something SHogun liked when he was Takumi's age with better health?

Another question? Is Rimi from the future or realbooted somehow by Shogun?
Dec 6, 2008 11:15 AM
Jun 2007
that was one over-the-top revelation. well, more like how it was revealed than the actual unraveling of the mystery. now that a lot of answers are out in the open, its only a matter of time till shit hits the fan.
Dec 6, 2008 11:21 AM

May 2008
slayer545 said:

I wonder though why would the Takumi fear shogun? Does he have any motivations to be scared other than what freaked him out?

Takumi believes that Shogun is the New Gen Killer or something related ( simply a risk to his life)

Dec 6, 2008 2:26 PM

Nov 2008
MasterOot said:
slayer545 said:

I wonder though why would the Takumi fear shogun? Does he have any motivations to be scared other than what freaked him out?

Takumi believes that Shogun is the New Gen Killer or something related ( simply a risk to his life)

Ok, I see. the mentality is certainly typical paranoia with super natural inference.
Dec 6, 2008 4:34 PM

Sep 2007
Oh lord. Even worse than last episode.

fun^10 x int^40 = Ir2

THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE.
Dec 6, 2008 6:36 PM

Jun 2008
I like where this is going :) the whole equation for fun seemed kinda ridiculous though hah....
Dec 6, 2008 8:56 PM

Aug 2008
cr4sian_phil said:
JadeMatrix said:
Plot thickens, plus Kanon and Elfen Lied cameos
Kanon and Elfen Lied cameos? Where?
Figurines on Takumi's shelf: Mai in bunny ears from Kanon, and one of the diclonii from EL (hard to tell which one).

Dec 6, 2008 9:08 PM

Oct 2007
The more I hear of this story, the stupider it sounds. Seriously though, fun^10? Does fun^100 destroy gods or something?

Anyway if that plot twist is true then where are they going to go from here? Deathmatch between shogun and Takumi?

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 7, 2008 1:00 AM

Sep 2008
Jarmel said:
The more I hear of this story, the stupider it sounds. Seriously though, fun^10? Does fun^100 destroy gods or something?

Anyway if that plot twist is true then where are they going to go from here? Deathmatch between shogun and Takumi?

sometimes, fun in high doses can be deadly :]
the last few seconds shocked me though
Dec 7, 2008 6:46 AM

Dec 2007
i got a feeling this is something like melancholy of haruhi suzumiya.. the similarity is that things revolve around takumi.. for example his equation, it was just his scribble and furthermore he wrote it when he was only at junior grade school.. im still confuse about rimi, i wonder what is her connection with shogun? and whats with shogun entering a room with the name nishijo takumi? is a Rimi friend or foe? i guess its pretty clear that takumi has 2 personalities one probably committing the new gen incidents and one that is addicted in his 2d world
Dec 7, 2008 5:50 PM
Oct 2008
This episode was good doing a great job on pushing the story along and making it far more suspensful then the last episode, im still not a huge fan of the di-swords which i think take alot away from this anime but the whole myster of it all is very interesting to me
Dec 7, 2008 8:39 PM

Sep 2007
So I've been thinking.

If fun^10 x int^40 = Ir2, then:

fun = log( Ir2 / int^40)

An infinite fun machine is within reach, gentlemen. All we need to do is figure out how to limit "int" to zero. Endless possibilities await. It would be better than the improbability drive.
Dec 7, 2008 8:43 PM

Nov 2008
naikou said:
So I've been thinking.

If fun^10 x int^40 = Ir2, then:

fun = log( Ir2 / int^40)

An infinite fun machine is within reach, gentlemen. All we need to do is figure out how to limit "int" to zero. Endless possibilities await. It would be better than the improbability drive.

Are you saying it is possible to create something like in ChaosHead and use it with figuring this equation?

I believe the towers and satellite is not a problem but the processor to do something like this is unbelievable.
Dec 7, 2008 8:47 PM

Sep 2007
Yes. That is exactly what I'm saying. Takumi's equation has inspired me. Soon I will be creating my own D-sword. If you'd like one, I can send you one for the low price of $10,000. From there, you will be able to create more D-swords with your D-sword, thus enabling you to sell more D-swords for $10,000 each. In addition, each person you sell a D-sword to will pay a commission to the first person who sold him/her a D-sword. You'll be fabulously rich in days if you get in on this early.

Sound like a plan?
Dec 7, 2008 9:32 PM

Nov 2008
naikou said:
Yes. That is exactly what I'm saying. Takumi's equation has inspired me. Soon I will be creating my own D-sword. If you'd like one, I can send you one for the low price of $10,000. From there, you will be able to create more D-swords with your D-sword, thus enabling you to sell more D-swords for $10,000 each. In addition, each person you sell a D-sword to will pay a commission to the first person who sold him/her a D-sword. You'll be fabulously rich in days if you get in on this early.

Sound like a plan?

Maybe but how would you proceed in making the Di-swords? I mean the machine surely is more complex than though of.
Dec 7, 2008 9:48 PM

Sep 2007
No, it's a relatively simple process. I could give you a hint for say... $100. Or if you want to try figuring it out on your own, this anime might shed some light on the issue.
Dec 8, 2008 5:49 AM

Aug 2008
naikou said:
No, it's a relatively simple process. I could give you a hint for say... $100. Or if you want to try figuring it out on your own, this anime might shed some light on the issue.
ISWYDT

Dec 8, 2008 7:54 AM
Oct 2008
so shogun is takumi...
Dec 8, 2008 8:26 AM

Nov 2008
naikou said:

Certainly this anime might have certain results but insanity did lead Einstein somewhere. Maybe I will have to think about it.
Dec 8, 2008 11:29 AM

Sep 2008
WTF?? Shogun-Takumi! Travels to the future? the equation to destroy/divide the world?

Oh my god! this anime has been better than I thought
Dec 8, 2008 1:02 PM

Feb 2008
....mmmhh.....this show rises or falls with the end. Right now its just confusing for me...
Dec 11, 2008 3:05 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Still only half-assed, but it's slowly getting better.

And of course there had to be twins.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 11, 2008 4:03 AM

Aug 2008
I knew Shogun = Taku when Rimi was talking to him in some way during ep ?. Damn.

WTF Ayase slapped Rimi? And what's with the nurse!?
Chaos Head is rocking!
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Dec 11, 2008 7:32 AM

Jul 2008
i'm not a big fan of this anime, but this episode was the best so far. i thought from the beggining that takumi and shogun where one and the same.i guess we will have some interesting outcome.

p.s.i think there's also something suspicious about Mamoru Suwa
Dec 11, 2008 9:44 AM
Mar 2008
LOL ... so shougun is takumi all along ... I am getting curious with the end ...

Just hope this is not about parallel world non-sense again ... XD
Dec 11, 2008 10:12 AM

Mar 2008
Good episode. I enjoyed it without negative side effects.

Sure, it's not a masterpiece but it's one of the better shows this season. Some things where rather obvious but it's still very enjoyable, though I kind of get the feeling I won't like the last few episodes, especially the end of this show. How can they end it within 3 episodes without it feeling rushed?
Dec 11, 2008 5:48 PM

Jun 2008
I kindof figured Shogun was Takumi but that was a big surprise to see that i was right. It just keeps getting better and better
Dec 11, 2008 7:29 PM

Jun 2007
It feels like Takumi is stuck between multiple dimensions and they're all slowly becoming one....or something like that. I'm guessing there can only be one of you if all dimensions merge so the whole thing with not wanting Takumi to awake may have something to do with Rimi not wanting to see Shogun (or the other Takumi) disappear. I'm guessing when you awake all of your other selves merge with you.

With the multiple dimensions in mind we can assume each Takumi has the power to make things that happened in the other's dimension happen in his own or possibly just switch places with that Takumi. So when he was a kid and he wanted his bus to crash he could have switched places with another Takumi from a dimension where the bus did crash or something like that.
Dec 11, 2008 9:31 PM

Nov 2008
DeathfireD said:
It feels like Takumi is stuck between multiple dimensions and they're all slowly becoming one....or something like that. I'm guessing there can only be one of you if all dimensions merge so the whole thing with not wanting Takumi to awake may have something to do with Rimi not wanting to see Shogun (or the other Takumi) disappear. I'm guessing when you awake all of your other selves merge with you.

With the multiple dimensions in mind we can assume each Takumi has the power to make things that happened in the other's dimension happen in his own or possibly just switch places with that Takumi. So when he was a kid and he wanted his bus to crash he could have switched places with another Takumi from a dimension where the bus did crash or something like that.

Great example Deathfire D of mindfuck at its best. Now I get it why people like Higurashi a lot.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 11, 2008

98 by hedousas »»
May 8, 1:31 AM

» The Chaos;Head Anime is Bad, but don't give up on it!

Volcanic_Phoenix - Apr 23

1 by xXGoreGrinderXx »»
Apr 24, 12:07 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 25, 2008

247 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 22, 12:40 PM

» Friendly reminder the anime is an absolute embarrassment and the visual novel is legitimately up there with steins gate

Fischer77 - Mar 22, 2023

19 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Jan 14, 12:34 AM

» I. Hate. The. Main. Character. ( 1 2 )

SY_IS_DEAD_IRL - Oct 22, 2008

66 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.