Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 31, 2013 3:16 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, we get to see sensei's face, and sho-chan looks pretty cool with his clothes on lol.

Great episode and, once again, another quality increment from last.

Next week is the epic finale. Can't wait!
removed-userJan 31, 2013 3:21 AM
Jan 31, 2013 3:34 AM

Jun 2012
The Nobume donut gag was funny at the beginning, another intense episode of the arc. I've been loving this arc so far but I want to see the comedic Gintama I can't get enough of. Hopefully they show some stuff in between this arc and the Obi-Wan arc
Jan 31, 2013 3:44 AM

Oct 2010
Good ep. Next week the last ep of this arc.

Jan 31, 2013 3:50 AM

Mar 2010
This entire arc has reminded me exactly why Gintama is one of the best anime/manga out there, awesome characters, brilliant comedy, a great setting, epic action and scenes emotional enough to make a grown man cry :D
Jan 31, 2013 4:09 AM

Dec 2011
OH.MY.GOD.
Gintoki's and Oboro's fight was epic. This whole arc is amazing. Can't wait for next ep.
Jan 31, 2013 4:15 AM

Jul 2011
Perfect
Jan 31, 2013 4:15 AM

Sep 2010
Great animations in this episode! The fight was fucking epic, but as pointed out last week... Where in the hell is Katsura?!
Jan 31, 2013 4:27 AM

Jul 2012
Katsura would totally be in on this shit XD he would be proud of Gin,epic episode 12/12 people voted it 5 :p
Jan 31, 2013 4:28 AM

Mar 2011
That was awesome episode.
Jan 31, 2013 4:38 AM

Dec 2011
Another amazing episode. Totally need to rewatch this one when I'm off the hook. Aww.. next week is the finale for the arc. Bye bye to Oboro I guess.

To be honest, I thought this arc would be the longest one in Gintama since Yoshiwara in Flames Arc. Cuz the manga chapters are a lot more than Yoshiwara O.o Yoshiwara has 8 eps, so I thought Ikkoku Keisei would have 10 at least. Hrmmm.... ah! At least it's an epic arc! That's all that matters!
Jan 31, 2013 4:44 AM

Aug 2008
Well, I think i'm...epically speechless.
Considering the arc looks slightly fast pace to me, I'm assuming the movie they will make will be based from this arc although I could be wrong.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Jan 31, 2013 4:47 AM

Jul 2011
Hazuchi said:

To be honest, I thought this arc would be the longest one in Gintama since Yoshiwara in Flames Arc. Cuz the manga chapters are a lot more than Yoshiwara O.o Yoshiwara has 8 eps, so I thought Ikkoku Keisei would have 10 at least. Hrmmm.... ah! At least it's an epic arc! That's all that matters!

Yoshiwara: 210-228
Ikkoku Keisei: 386-399
Jan 31, 2013 4:56 AM

Dec 2011
pralan said:
Hazuchi said:

Yoshiwara: 210-228
Ikkoku Keisei: 386-399

PFFFTTTTT wow okay I just made myself feel stupid. I could have sworn Ikkoku Keisei was longer. Thanks.
Jan 31, 2013 5:01 AM
Mar 2012
great how they don't drag this like other shonen, instead they give it their all to make few but excellent episodes, they didn't even put a cliffhanger that's just how badass the gintama anime staff is, they don't need to resort to that shit
Jan 31, 2013 5:03 AM

Sep 2012
That's the way to make an anime.
Jan 31, 2013 5:10 AM

Aug 2008
Hazuchi said:
Another amazing episode. Totally need to rewatch this one when I'm off the hook. Aww.. next week is the finale for the arc. Bye bye to Oboro I guess.

I doubt Oboro died considering the fact that Nobume is seemingly connected with him and we haven't yet know the true nature of Nobume. I just hope Sorachi will make a future arc about her past. Also, phasing out Oboro from the series would just leave some holes to the main plot considering we haven't really know the true faces of the big bad yet who made a puppet ruler out of Sada-Sada's ruthless ambitions. Like I said earlier in the previous episode, this series might ultimately end in a threeway battle in the future. He's also a very important character in revealing Gintoki's past, why Takasugi became a monster to be reckoned with as well as Zura's anti-government activities as well as being a red dragon for the big bad.
FalloutShounen3Jan 31, 2013 5:19 AM

Jan 31, 2013 5:20 AM

Nov 2007
Overkill of overkill episode! I was in drug while watching this! I woke up at 5 AM just to watch this!

Everything about the episode was so damn perfect! The consistent execution, the light comedy, the insane fighting, the powerful dialogues, the crazy action, the catchy music, the entry scenes and Gintoki's Shiroyasha mode, all fell into the right place at the right time!

This is simply the best arc ever!

This is perhaps the first arc where Gintoki actually killed another human being. He actually slashed a number of Naraku corps and then took out Oboro. I cannot see Oboro surviving that!

Also, great to see Shoyo-sensei's face for the first time! Is it just me or he resembled Katsura a lot? Speaking of whom, Zura was the only one missed in this arc! But at least Gintoki mentioned him in the previous episode so he kind of made his appearance! I am sure he was waiting with his Joi patriots just behind the castle walls and waiting for Sorachi Hideki-sensei to give him the order to move in! :D

Also, I am adding Nobume to my list of Gintama Girls! God I love them all!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 31, 2013 5:21 AM

Jan 2012
It was so damn good that I'm speechless. Gintama always amazed me. Not only it's hilarious, but even the fights are much better than in most shounen shows.

Jan 31, 2013 5:31 AM

Aug 2008
shanimebib said:

This is perhaps the first arc where Gintoki actually killed another human being. He actually slashed a number of Naraku corps and then took out Oboro. I cannot see Oboro surviving that!

Hmmm...not really the first arc...during the Four Devas arc, he actually slaughtered along with Jirochou many members of Kujaku Hime's soldiers after they laughed(lol) and then dueled with each other.

Jan 31, 2013 5:33 AM

Nov 2007
OTAKUADDICT said:
shanimebib said:

Hmmm...not really the first arc...during the Four Devas arc, he actually slaughtered along with Jirochou many members of Kujaku Hime's soldiers after they laughed(lol) and then dueled with each other.

Nope, those were aliens. I am 110% sure about that.
Coronavirus.
Jan 31, 2013 5:39 AM

Aug 2007
Shaduge said:
great how they don't drag this like other shonen, instead they give it their all to make few but excellent episodes, they didn't even put a cliffhanger that's just how badass the gintama anime staff is, they don't need to resort to that shit

^ This. +10000000

Shanimebib said:

Possibly yeah. In Four Devas arc he killed Amanto not humans so you're probably right. Of course he must have killed some traitors during the war but we've never seen it.

BTW, I'm not surprised that he killed someone who tried and kill his beloved Tsukky :].

On a different note, on the biggest Polish Gintama forum one of the female users had come up with (IMO) a better way of removing poison from Gintoki. She suggested that Tsukuyo could suck it along with the blood. Now that would be a sight I would like to see :D. She has also noticed where exactly Tsukuyo grabbed Gintoki. This arc shows that Tsukuyo x Gintoki pair is canon.
goralJan 31, 2013 10:18 AM
Jan 31, 2013 5:53 AM

Nov 2007
goral said:
Shanimebib said:

Possibly yeah. In Four Devas arc he killed Amanto not humans so you're probably right. Of course he must have killed some traitors during the war but we've never seen it.

^ Quotation corrected.

goral said:
BTW, I'm not surprised that he killed someone who tried and kill his beloved Tsukky :].

On a different note, on the biggest Polish Gintama forum one of the female users had come up with (IMO) a better way of removing poison from Gintoki. She suggested that Tsukuyo could suck it along with the blood.

I don't think Gintama will ever pull anything like that! Besides, Otae-san won't take it too lightly, you know. Despite how she thinks Gintoki is a complete trash, she won't give up on him without a fight! Poor Kondo-san has no chance, but that's a completely different matter in hand. :P

Also, wait a couple of years, Kagura will become a fine woman! ;)
Coronavirus.
Jan 31, 2013 6:13 AM
Dec 2012
This is why I love this anime so much. This is such a great ark because it is able to combine the humor with the seriousness better than most if not all of the other major arks IMO. Nobume is quickly becoming a favorite of mine haha. Looking forward to the next episode as usual.
Jan 31, 2013 6:27 AM

Feb 2012
shanimebib said:
goral said:
Shanimebib said:

^ Quotation corrected.

goral said:

On a different note, on the biggest Polish Gintama forum one of the female users had come up with (IMO) a better way of removing poison from Gintoki. She suggested that Tsukuyo could suck it along with the blood.

I don't think Gintama will ever pull anything like that! Besides, Otae-san won't take it too lightly, you know. Despite how she thinks Gintoki is a complete trash, she won't give up on him without a fight! Poor Kondo-san has no chance, but that's a completely different matter in hand. :P

Also, wait a couple of years, Kagura will become a fine woman! ;)

Pfft Otae can go do one! Possibly the most annoying character in Gintama, I hate her with a passion and I'm incredibly happy she hasn't appeared pretty much at all in the new episodes. I can tolerate seeing Gin x Tsukki moments since I love Tsukki (if there were to be any romance I would definitely prefer seeing Gin x Tsukki instead of *barf* Gin x Otae) but Im a loyal Ginkagu shipfag so...
anyway at the moment I cant imagine Gintama having any serious romance in it,

As for this ep it was amazing as per usual there's nothing more I can say. Oh! and that bit where Toshi's shouting and Kondo tells him he's starting to sound like one of the Joi was hilarious

erochanJan 31, 2013 6:42 AM
Jan 31, 2013 6:28 AM
Mar 2012
Awesome as always. Gin-san is just so epic.
Jan 31, 2013 6:39 AM

Dec 2011
OTAKUADDICT said:
Hazuchi said:

I doubt Oboro died considering the fact that Nobume is seemingly connected with him and we haven't yet know the true nature of Nobume. I just hope Sorachi will make a future arc about her past. Also, phasing out Oboro from the series would just leave some holes to the main plot considering we haven't really know the true faces of the big bad yet who made a puppet ruler out of Sada-Sada's ruthless ambitions. Like I said earlier in the previous episode, this series might ultimately end in a threeway battle in the future. He's also a very important character in revealing Gintoki's past, why Takasugi became a monster to be reckoned with as well as Zura's anti-government activities as well as being a red dragon for the big bad.

lol when I said bye bye to Oboro I meant bye bye to him in this arc. I know he won't die just yet. Ah I thought he seems important. Thanks for the spoiler on Nobume though, I did NOT know about that.
Jan 31, 2013 6:46 AM

Dec 2012
shanimebib said:
OTAKUADDICT said:
shanimebib said:

Nope, those were aliens. I am 110% sure about that.

Yeah, I was about to say that too. All of those special guards for Kujuku were Amantos (sp?) just as it was discovered she was. So they were pretty much fair game.
Jan 31, 2013 7:11 AM

Apr 2010
i was disappointed by the sensei's face
who agrees?
Jan 31, 2013 7:17 AM

Dec 2012
What a BOSS fucking episode! Hell, the WHOLE arc is boss for that matter. Man, to get to see Gin-chan fight w/ such ferocity and power.....damn, it's no wonder his White Yaksha persona is so feared by both human & Amantos, alike.

And speaking of boss, give it up to Shogun for making such a cool ass entrance!! Yeah, I know it's fun for us to poke fun at him for the crazy-ass situations he generally gets into (clothed or unclothed, lol); but damn what a shock to see him in such a true leadership role. Guess it goes to show he's not as 'slow' as he appears to be and he certainly seems to be capable when need be.

I just can't say enough about this ep....well worth the week's wait! ^_^
Jan 31, 2013 7:20 AM

Dec 2012
baltazak said:
who agrees?

Disappointed?? How so?

It'd be hard for someone to agree/disagree w/ you when you say it so vaguely w/o explanation.....
Jan 31, 2013 7:37 AM

Feb 2012
baltazak said:
who agrees?

uhm what did you expect? a bunch of scars and one eye?

to me he looks very sensei-ish

Jan 31, 2013 7:43 AM

Apr 2010
MsDiva said:
baltazak said:
who agrees?

Disappointed?? How so?

It'd be hard for someone to agree/disagree w/ you when you say it so vaguely w/o explanation.....

it's been 260 episode that i'm waiting to see his face
after all he is the most epic and most mysterious character he is the "sensei "
but it looks like katsru who puts a cosplay -_-
Jan 31, 2013 7:46 AM

Apr 2010
moonbby said:
baltazak said:
who agrees?

yes he seems a nice person but i can not imagine a monster of a battle
Jan 31, 2013 9:14 AM

Aug 2011

Wow, this episode really exceeded my expectations. It was damn awesome.
Jan 31, 2013 9:51 AM
Aug 2011
5 donuts out of 5.

Can always count on Gintama on is the ability to throw a few gags around in the middle of a battle arc and they don't feel misplaced.

Matsudaira: Clear a path in 3 seconds. ONE!
What happened to 2 and 3?!
Couldn't tell you. A man only needs the number 1 to get through life.

He did the same thing with Kondo a long time ago too.
Jan 31, 2013 10:05 AM

Apr 2007
aaahhhhh what a great battle. I really liked the dialogue, Gintoki says some of the best stuff man. Oh yeah and Gin x Tsukki FTW <3333

I do hope we can get some episodic comedy goodness soon though. Badass fighting with only few gags isn't why I love Gintama so much.

baltazak said:
moonbby said:
baltazak said:
who agrees?

yes he seems a nice person but i can not imagine a monster of a battle
So just because he 'looks nice' you think he can't be a monster in battle? lol ok.

I can't remember if it was ever stated in Gintama whether sensei was tough and powerful. I thought we were only given the impression that he's a really nice and great teacher. To me he looks a lot like Sougo, in any case -3-
MonochromeJan 31, 2013 10:14 AM
Jan 31, 2013 10:27 AM

Sep 2009
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OMFG FGMO GMOF OGMF MFGO MOGF FMOG GOMF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREAKING EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't.... I am duying of epicness!!!!! F*CK EVERYTHING ELSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want next episode >____________< qaaaaaaaa I cant wait till next weeek :/
btw Mimawarigumi -eliteeee <3 ahah Hijikata was pretty fired up ^^ loved it ! XD and Okita/Kagura interraction in fight ~~
Toshi face was priceless xD

Matsudaira was WIN xD

and yeah..elite too !!~

btw I changed opinion of SHogun O.O he is soo COOL !

and EPIC EPIC FIGHT ! Gintoki vs Oboro ... x..x I cant ..
and Shoyo sensei..

beautiful episode full of excitement action but also sad one :( but I am happy Gintoki accomplished promise ^_^
SamuraiSxJan 31, 2013 10:35 AM
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
Jan 31, 2013 10:32 AM

Aug 2007
@thesnnitro
What''s the point of spoiling it for people who do not follow manga? Pointless post. There was a reason why the 'thing' you speak of hasn't been shown in a preview.

@shanimebib
lol
Ever since Tsukuyo has appeared it has become clear that she's the one for Gintoki. Otae will obviously end up with Kondou just as we've seen in one of the episodes where they've had a child (plus in Kintoki arc she was a gorilla :D). Or none at all since she's a bitch. Tsukuyo on the other hand has very transparent feelings for him. She even let Gintoki touch her boobs ;P. And in harem arc she was the only one who took into consideration his preferences (making the soup or whatever she was cooking sweet). Seriously, every scene with them shows that they're into each other.

Other canon pairing is Katsura x Ikumatsu. If someone read 55th chapter or saw episode 39 he would know that (plus real Ikumatsu got married with real Katsura). BTW, Katsura is my favourite character and Ikumatsu, despite appearing in one episode only, was engraved in my memory (re-watch episode 39, it's one of the best).
Jan 31, 2013 10:37 AM

Sep 2009
goral said:

@shanimebib
lol
Ever since Tsukuyo has appeared it has become clear that she's the one for Gintoki. Otae will obviously end up with Kondou just as we've seen in one of the episodes where they've had a child (plus in Kintoki arc she was a gorilla :D). Or none at all since she's a bitch. Tsukuyo on the other hand has very transparent feelings for him. She even let Gintoki touch her boobs ;P. And in harem arc she was the only one who took into consideration his preferences (making the soup or whatever she was cooking sweet). Seriously, every scene with them shows that they're into each other.

hmm O.o nO?!
it's just that Tsukuyo has first time in life friends and male and females. she is just shy with everyone but serious and caring when it comes. it isn't for Gintoki only at all .. O.o really....

but for Kondo x Otae yeah thats true and Katsura x Ikumatsu.
but with Gintoki really how can you see him with Tsukuyo at all XD
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
Jan 31, 2013 10:42 AM

Jun 2010
MsDiva said:
baltazak said:
who agrees?

Disappointed?? How so?

His eyes are soooo freaking round like ping ping balls! its like he's a 30 year old with a baby face. not that im looking for serious, what im looking for is a kind serene teacher kind of face. just take his face in the Sanagi ending and just get cooler eyes or something
Jan 31, 2013 11:01 AM

Aug 2007
I know, I didn't want to spoil it for others though. I;ve already read chapter 432nd too a couple of hours ago.
Jan 31, 2013 11:05 AM

Jul 2010
What can i say? ''epic'' is not enough to describe how fucking amazing this episode was.

Infinity/5
Jan 31, 2013 11:54 AM

Jun 2011
Shanimebib said:

What about Jiraia? Can't remember how he died, but didn't Gintoki kill him?

EDIT. Sry, Tsukky did it... ;o
Jan 31, 2013 12:06 PM

Feb 2012
I've got no words for this episode, it was just awesome. Though I expected the battle between Oboro and Gintoki to last a little longer, but well, Gin-san is just too badass to hold back.
As for the Shouyo-sensei's face, I can quite understand the 'disappointment' since they never showed his face so I kinda expected some horrifying face (you never know what to expect from Gintama) but he looks indeed very normal and nice.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jan 31, 2013 12:20 PM

Sep 2011
OTAKUADDICT said:
shanimebib said:

he killed nizou remember? Benizakura? hello? He even gave a awesome speech before doing it?

Anyhow oboro got FUCKED, also give it to gintoki to be the only human being capable of killing another human with a wooden sword, like i somewhat felt bad for the guy gintoki impaled when tsukki was about to be attacked
JizzyHitlerJan 31, 2013 12:26 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 31, 2013 12:27 PM

Aug 2007
@DJIzzyIzzyHitler
Forgot about him, although he wasn't entirely human then. As for Gintoki killing a man with a wooden sword, yea it was badass. Gintama characters should own SaiGar along with characters from JoJo, Hokuto no Ken, Cobra and Golgo.
Jan 31, 2013 12:33 PM

Sep 2011
SamuraiSx said:

hmm O.o nO?!
it's just that Tsukuyo has first time in life friends and male and females. she is just shy with everyone but serious and caring when it comes. it isn't for Gintoki only at all .. O.o really....
did you forget about this scene or something?

Or more correctly ANYTHING that happened in that arc, like come on dude the show even outright says that shes in love with him like 5 times throughout that arc and multiple times after, hes even shown interest in her with one of them being displayed in the above image

I dont see how theres debate about this, especially on this ep which has more ship tease moments for them, shes the main love interest at this point, or more like has been since red spider arc years ago, this is nothing new.

goral said:
@DJIzzyIzzyHitler
Forgot about him, although he wasn't entirely human then.
his body wasnt but his mind was, it was just that he was a REEEAAALLY fucked up person so him in his right mind isnt necessarily the best of things

He was just a crazy motherfucker with alot of power until gintoki thankfully killed him.

Also looking foreword to the summary of the arc in the credits with the spyair song playing.........they better choose that one for this, like the ED would not fit but i said the same thing for the red spider arc which they used arguably the worst ED in the whole show for.
JizzyHitlerJan 31, 2013 12:40 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 31, 2013 1:10 PM

Aug 2010
Another epic episode. Gintama doesn't waste any time at all.

I wish we would get a voice when younger Gintoki screamed in the flash back but it was still a well done scene. Gintoki really kicked some ass this episode, with his wooden sword. And I can't forget to mention Tsukuyo and Nobume, these are 2 girls you don't want to mess with. I'm looking forward to a Nobume arc in the future.

And for the people discussing about Gintoki x Tsukuyo, if Gintoki were to end up with anyone, it would be Tsuki. It's the most popular paring in Gintama for Gintoki after all.

5/5 for this episode, can't wait till the next one, after reading a spoiler I expect big things.
Jan 31, 2013 1:15 PM

Aug 2009
sensei look like sougo with katsura hair style lols
Jan 31, 2013 1:40 PM

Sep 2011
goral said:

Other canon pairing is Katsura x Ikumatsu. If someone read 55th chapter or saw episode 39 he would know that (plus real Ikumatsu got married with real Katsura). BTW, Katsura is my favourite character and Ikumatsu, despite appearing in one episode only, was engraved in my memory (re-watch episode 39, it's one of the best).

refers to a future chapter thats not far off, not a spoiler but we arent told to talk about later chaps so...

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hyack - Feb 7, 2013

203 by lordgaara »»
Yesterday, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 21, 2013

116 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hyack - Mar 14, 2013

113 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 7, 2013

101 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jirou_Takashi - Jan 24, 2013

197 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 7:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.