Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 25, 2013 9:02 PM

Aug 2011
Looks like Kai just cleared the Frau route. xD

Still hoping for an Aki x Kai ending. *fingers crossed*
Jan 25, 2013 9:05 PM

Oct 2011
Loved the episode and all the Kai x Frau scenes.
And we can't forget MISTER PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEIADES!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2013 9:06 PM

Jul 2008
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
shanimebib said:
I think Kai will still choose Aki, because, you know, they are osananajimis.

I just posted in the Haganai thread and said the childhood friend never wins. Now my dreams are shattered unless a make a contradiction.

Okay... Aki x Kai are not just childhood friends, they are... uhm, whatever, Aki is one of the miracles of the universe, she deserves to win.

Frau > Aki every days all days long
Jan 25, 2013 9:07 PM

Feb 2012
dudeinthewater said:
I thought this reaction was pretty priceless.

In anycase, best episode so far I think. Always rooted for the whole Kai x Frau had some chemistry going on. Thank god for this episode.

dat slow mo reaction from Aki here... holy crap i just completely lost it XD

I love frau, she has been my favorite since the beginning. and frau clinging to kai was so cute, and this kiss as well :3
Jan 25, 2013 9:33 PM

Jan 2012
Felus said:
Yay for Choaos;Head Poster in the background!

How did you even see that? Nice spot though.
❑ Single
❑ Taken
✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist
Jan 25, 2013 10:23 PM
May 2012
Finally!! Kaito saves the day & Japan is saved!!!
JafriZinJan 25, 2013 10:29 PM
Jan 25, 2013 10:30 PM

Jun 2008
Loved the episode. I like the notion that Hidaka carries his Mister Pleaides outfit on him at all times and can put it on at a moment's notice, that was a nice laugh in between a pretty serious episode.

I liked the background into Frau given in the episode, it had a lot of sincerity to it.

I'm curious where they go from here, there's surely a much bigger conflict waiting for them in the next 8 episodes. Still some pieces to tie together. Looking forward to it.
Jan 26, 2013 12:15 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Nice episode! Especially liked that tension towards the end with Kai trying to activate his slow-mo.

Hopefully, they'll manage to keep this kind of standard up.
Jan 26, 2013 12:56 AM

Oct 2012
This is Great!

Frau X Kai :D

I think Frau was the Most Interesting Character of the Series!

Jan 26, 2013 1:16 AM

Jan 2009
the best episode so far
Jan 26, 2013 1:22 AM

Sep 2011
That was awesome, one of the best things it could do to improve it. Robots rampaging, Frau being blamed for robot attacks, depression, Kai using slow-mo against the cheating robot program and to top it off

DAT KISS
Jan 26, 2013 1:24 AM

Aug 2012
Great episode 5/5. This episode totally remind me of Summer Wars
Jan 26, 2013 1:44 AM

Nov 2012
I had been hoping for Kai X Kona, but didn't actually expect it to happen. Felt kinda sudden, but I'm happy.

I don't know why the robots were such a threat though. The swat team just sat there as if there was nothing they could have done to stop service robots.
Slaine did nothing wrong.
Jan 26, 2013 2:00 AM

May 2012
Awesome episode! I get a feeling though that this is just a little taste of the chaos that's to come in the final episodes. Hopefully there will be more episodes like this one in the future. And last but not least, KAI x FRAU FTMFW! XD
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Jan 26, 2013 3:59 AM

Jan 2011
Absolutely loved this episode, best one so far imo!! <3:) Kai playing Kill-Ballad against that hacker was so intense having gone through his slow-motion state. I seriously love how they actually show the gameplay for Kill-Ballad. I lol'd @ Subaru dancing around as Mr. Pleiades outside. I didn't think it'd happen but I'm all for Kai X Frau now! Also DAT KISS! :D
Jan 26, 2013 4:14 AM

Aug 2010
FRau was just too awesome in this ep to be contained in a 9/10 ranking. Thus, I raised my R;N ranking to 10/10 now (although the final ranking will take place when it finished airing)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 26, 2013 5:01 AM

Aug 2009
Kai x Kona. I SHIP IT.

But srsly, who wouldn't fall in love with Kai with his actions in this episode? Well, I fell.
Great episode.
Jan 26, 2013 5:14 AM

Dec 2009
Hell yeah. Frau x Kai.

Great episode. Hoping those two start dating soon.
Jan 26, 2013 7:45 AM

Jan 2012
Kona-chan made me hnng so hard I'm still mopping up the nosebleed.

Really awesome episode, looking forward to hopefully seeing the story line progress more in the 2nd half.
Jan 26, 2013 10:47 AM

Oct 2011
One hell of a episode!! Frau is so cute this time, and Frau X Kai, yesss!!!!
The show is gonna get better!! Can't wait for the next episode.
Still, don't they have guns to fend off robots, or they have to wait for sth.
Signature
Jan 26, 2013 12:03 PM

Nov 2008
Using Kill-ballad as a lock was seriously contrived, but it made for a hell of an episode. I'm amazed they got me to like that girl so much. Couldn't stand her when she first showed up, but she might be my favourite character by now. It's a shame it's probably Aki route from here.
Jan 26, 2013 12:56 PM

Oct 2012
Tulicloure said:
Sai_Kay said:
Acxelion said:
I really hope they make Gunvarrel an actual anime. It seems really epic, like Tenga Toppa GIGA DRILL BREAKER! Epic. I really wouldn't mind it as a little 5-15 minute recap episode version.

Doesn't the first intro just remind you of Gurren Lagann? Especially with the first few moments and everything going on XD

I think I've seen a Robotic;Notes X Gurren Lagann OP swap somewhere...

EDIT:
yup, here it is: http://vimeo.com/52069708

Holy shit, that fit just about perfectly!
I tried playing the second R;N intro with that Gurren Lagann OP, and it kinda fits, but not really. The beginning part fits well, the middle part, not so much, and then the ending REALLY syncs well.
Nice find~

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 26, 2013 1:11 PM

Aug 2011
Wow I can't believe I never saw Kona x Kai coming....... Huge shocker! I thought it'd be Aki and Kai.
Jan 26, 2013 1:42 PM

Jul 2010
Oh dammit, the way she said "thanks"... my heart.

Jan 26, 2013 4:03 PM
Jun 2008
I hope it's Kai and Kona. Kona is so unique. I love her!

As much as I like Aki, I like her better when she gets jealous.

The episode was great and a bundle of emotions and suspense. I loved Kai's determination. Probably the best episode yet.
Jan 26, 2013 5:33 PM

Mar 2009
Best episode.
Jan 26, 2013 6:07 PM
Dec 2011
Neonzel said:
Felus said:

Easy, I watched it on hulu on a 21.5 inch monitor running at 1920x1080
Jan 26, 2013 7:02 PM

Jul 2008
Felus said:
Neonzel said:
Felus said:

Easy, I watched it on hulu on a 21.5 inch monitor running at 1920x1080

I watch anime on my 60" TV in 1080p and I didn't see it.
Oh wait that wasn't a brag contest?
Jan 26, 2013 8:02 PM
Jan 2013
I am shipping Kai x Frau. I've been hinting between this two since they started hanging out. I think they look much better because they have a lot of things in common. They have the same level of chemistry and likeness just like Okarin and Kirisu in Steins;Gate. Both of them are not hesitant to share secrets and do things together. I like Aki and her enthusiasm but she is much better off with someone like Subaru who shares the same passion with her in Robots. If there is one thing that I've learned from Anime is that the chances of best friend's being together is really slim, more like, rare. Kai x Frau makes more sense.
Jan 26, 2013 9:14 PM

Oct 2010
It’s really funny, back a couple of months ago I wished for Kona x Yashio. Guess what in the following,

OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! KONA x YASHIO! KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! MY WISH CAME TRUE! IT CAME TRUE! AHAAAHAHAH! AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHA! Ahem! Yeah it came true and I was so exciting I woke up the whole place up! YUP! I pay for it so I don’t care! It was the best in the series. This episode was the best in the series! Kona x Yashio are the best couple. I am damn fan boying and am damn happy!

The episode also had the best SETUP! BEST BGM INTEGRATION! BEST DRAMA in general since Steins Gate that I have seen. Screams would never even be enough nor words for how amazing this episode was. The whole series now is OVER9000! Hands up and my wish came true? HAAAAAAAAAAA! It’s incredible! See! See! Wishes come true!

About the beginning, just seeing Rosetta being so MOE and the pilot of Gunvarrel with the BGM got me fired up so much. It was quite breathtaking along with seeing Kona’s mother still young and well. Her words touched me like Wing Gundam did emotionally.

About Kona’s depression, so well done! So nicely shown that I cried so much for her sadness. It was impactful and full of emotions. DAMN YOU EVIL for making her suffer!

About Project Mars, that is shocking. It’s something that is about to come yet fears are still around it for what one man may find in there. But yeah very shocking plan and it’s only a prelude to what is bound to happen. Guess the notions of:
2015 Last video of Gunvarrel
2010 Kou dies
Are quite plausible in that Kou knew of the plans ahead of time by most likely hacking into CERN much like in Steins Gate and her learned of the projected plans to be. The reports are what the witnessing of Kou was IMO.

About Kona’s torture plan, I still find it quite cruel of how Yashio had to go about his suffering to allow himself to be tired enough to use slow motion. However Kona’s facials were quite rich and nice there.

About everyone helping Kona, when I saw the gang helping her and driving away the police with Mister Pleiades’s, man that was tearing. So happy for Kona. One amazing drama there of realization. The BGM all were perfect there.

About Kona’s past, very emotionally charged as she explained of her side of the story and what happened to her in the recent past. The BGM once again was perfect and got me teary again.

About Maguyan, what a loser. He was brainwashed and could not do shit against it. Sadly and for the best he is dead with his anime lover from a pillow. Too bad for him, shows when you are sheep you can be used easily.

About Kona’s love towards Yashio, it was best and nothing more that was needed. All was perfect from the short rubbing of breasts to teasing to the BGM and finally to that kiss! THE KISS! YEAAAAAAAAAH! So amazing.

About the winning, when the machines stopped. Oh dear that was the most amazing perfect I have seen. THAT TIMING! THAT BGM! THAT SLOW MOTION! Oh amazing all of it! It was like “WHY CAN’T ALL ANIME BE LIKE THIS! WHY CAN’T ALL EPISODE BE THIS WELL?” Oh the screams of perfection of unfairness towards other series not being this perfect was astounding of how much of a impact it did on me!

About the end, Kona’s back in school! YES! She is hugging and in love with Yashio in front of his childhood friend! DAMN! You lost Akiho big time there! Damn! I do feel bad for her in that sense but she lost and Kona was first kiss wise and love proclamation.

Now what is next since that plan failed? Can’t wait to find out!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 26, 2013 9:18 PM

Oct 2012
^I'm jealous of your ability to cry in this series.
Haven't cried since Clannad & Mawaru Penguindrum :(

Jan 26, 2013 10:06 PM

Jul 2011
Tavor said:

Do you have cried watching Mawaru Penguindrum ? o_O
Jan 26, 2013 10:17 PM

Oct 2010
Tavor said:
It was the best since that scene in Steins Gate.

Still can't believe my wish came true. I wanted this but still feel bad for Akiho.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 27, 2013 1:27 AM

Aug 2008
Gratifying kiss. I bet that would have mad him go in to god mode or whatever no problem without those electrodes.
Jan 27, 2013 2:08 AM

May 2012
Frau is a very well-written character, i didn't liked her at the beggining but she's good. Nice kiss.

Poor Aki at the end, but i guess her arc/route/story/whatev is just about to come.
Jan 27, 2013 2:38 AM

Sep 2012
Furaikon said:
Frau is a very well-written character, i didn't liked her at the beggining but she's good. Nice kiss.

Poor Aki at the end, but i guess her arc/route/story/whatev is just about to come.

Same here. I thought Frau was annoying at first but after these past few episodes, I've changed my mind.

Also, I smell a love triangle incoming!

Jan 27, 2013 3:49 AM

Mar 2011
Furaikon said:

I agree. I really enjoyed this episode, The last few episodes have been brilliant, after a rather slow start.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jan 27, 2013 6:36 AM

Apr 2010
It wasn't bad episode, but I didn't like how easily they dealt with this problem. I lost hope that this anime will be something special and worth remembering.
Jan 27, 2013 9:00 AM

Oct 2012
Rogalicus said:

A whole month, huh? You are so brutal, dude. Duhuhu~

The OST isn't powerful enough in R;N to experience the same feels as Yumek.
And yes, in Mawaru, I was a sucker for the OST + scenes that pushed me to that degree.

Jan 27, 2013 9:04 AM
Jul 2012
I do agree this episode was kinda epic in many ways, but to cry over it? yume you so cray
Jan 27, 2013 11:59 AM

Jul 2012
Well what should I say.

kthx

thx

10/10

Episode.

Fuck man mai waifu now. Waifu 2012, Waifu 2013
Waifu of all times.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 27, 2013 2:39 PM

Apr 2012
Great episode, the best so far I'd say.

Also, Best girl won (So far)
"The moment 'pride' is lost, 'freedom' is also lost" - Ramza Beoulve, Final Fantasy Tactics

Jan 27, 2013 3:22 PM

Jun 2007
Personally, I feel sorry for Kai. Based on her level of personal hygiene, I'd bet Frau hasn't brushed her teeth in ages, so her breath must reek like no other. Nevertheless, some nice scenes between the two of them.

On another note, it certainly took a while for the plot to take a somewhat more interesting turn. The robot club plot line still seems more like a sideshow, so I'll have to see how they develop this conspiracy plot line. Hopefully, they won't disappoint.
Jan 27, 2013 3:26 PM

Mar 2011
NGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
MY BODY WASN'T READY FOR THIS.

great episode.
dat scenes..

Jan 27, 2013 3:26 PM
Jul 2012
Kjeldoran said:
Personally, I feel sorry for Kai. Based on her level of personal hygiene, I'd bet Frau hasn't brushed her teeth in ages, so her breath must reek like no other. Nevertheless, some nice scenes between the two of them.

oh god i lol'd so hard at this. he was passed out so idk if he knew.
Jan 27, 2013 3:47 PM

Sep 2011
kona's USO moment sounds really familiar to me.

Jan 27, 2013 3:53 PM

Aug 2012
Orsonius said:
Well what should I say.

kthx

thx

10/10

Episode.

Fuck man mai waifu now. Waifu 2012, Waifu 2013
Waifu of all times.

Thankyou for that chuckle, truly
Jan 27, 2013 5:58 PM

Jul 2012
Nggg... Nggg...!

YEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!

Finally, this anime is finally starting to use its massive potential! I had been enjoying this before, but now I'm seeing just how good this might become! Super dooper massively PROFOUNDLY excited to see if this can become that good!
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Jan 27, 2013 9:03 PM
May 2010
The whole Kai x Kona pairing in this episode is very cute, I don't get bothered by the how the Robot outbreak ends so easily.

I wonder how will Aki holds her ground against Kona, Duhuhu~
Jan 27, 2013 10:18 PM

Jul 2009
i hope they keep this intensity level high and not let it drop back to before cause this episode passed by fast!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

266 by Rinkitori31 »»
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Mar 21, 2013

339 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jan 22, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

156 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 4:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.