Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 18, 2013 7:43 PM

Jul 2011
Downgrade355 said:

Sena is gross? you watched the whole episode, from the beginning to the end, and that's what you think is gross?
C'mon man, sena?

yeah, because taking pictures secretly and sticking them in her room, sniffing wig while pleasuring herself is perfectly not gross.
Jan 18, 2013 7:56 PM
Aug 2011
Liinah said:
Downgrade355 said:
she seems the most normal, followed by Yukimura

Thanks for your spoiler that I was not supposed to know. Not yet.

>2013
Still thinking Yukimaru is a trap.

It pretty obviously, like 100%
Jan 18, 2013 8:19 PM

Jul 2011
This episode really show me how underappreciated yozora is.
Even though maybe unintended , she really changed the other characters to the better.
-Sena become more honest to herself.
-Take maria out of her shell.
-If yukimura is indeed a girl , making her cosplay as a girl maybe will make her accept that she is a girl not a boy

it kinda pain me , from the direction it takes and sena's popularity , it looks like it'll be SenaxKodaka. sigh
When will childhood friend win dammit.
azzyzxJan 18, 2013 8:25 PM
Jan 18, 2013 8:47 PM
Aug 2011
Rika without glasses, looks more cute :D
Jan 18, 2013 9:23 PM
Nov 2010
azzyzx said:
This episode really show me how underappreciated yozora is.
Even though maybe unintended , she really changed the other characters to the better.
-Sena become more honest to herself.
-Take maria out of her shell.
-If yukimura is indeed a girl , making her cosplay as a girl maybe will make her accept that she is a girl not a boy

it kinda pain me , from the direction it takes and sena's popularity , it looks like it'll be SenaxKodaka. sigh
When will childhood friend win dammit.

Not really - it's the effect of Yozora being the main 'thread' of plot development. Kodaka is the narrator, and Yozora is the one that starts activities hence pushes and binds the plot along, since she assumed the role of club founder. Sena is the catalyst in many a relationships whilst Rika is the sometimes sharp observer.

Now that doesn't necessarily mean she's the main girl per se, just that inevitably, she becomes somewhat of the 2nd centre of thing aside from Kodaka. If you draw a map of all the relationships developed between character's so far, whilst there's strong links between Kodaka and Sena, Sena's link to other characters aside from Yozora is rather weak. On the other hand, Yozora has an influence on Maria, Yukimura and some camaraderie to Rika.

Don't believe Sena needs to come out more - she is forthright to begin with, though her narcissism is her main flaw, and nwo with hints of masochism is an interesting combo. Same applies to Yozora who's sadist streaks contradicts with her occasional innocence (in relation to love, eroticism etc). It is these contradictory traits that gives the impression of depth to these characters. I used impression because whilst being a novelty, it is yet to be seen if these an be crafted into the plot line plausibly.
Jan 18, 2013 10:09 PM

May 2010
Wow Im speechless when I saw Rika without her glasses !!
Jan 19, 2013 12:29 AM

Jan 2013
Rika looking visually more stunning in that scene then the norm. Definitely liked her look as Kodaka so well put the words in place.

I was so looking forward to hearing Sena say those words and right at the moment it was getting to it the eye-catch interrupts and knocking down my expectation... That last scene felt a bit flat in comparison with the pace of the first 20 minutes but understandably it was for character developing between Kodaka & Yozora.
Jan 19, 2013 4:04 AM

Dec 2009
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Liinah said:
Downgrade355 said:
she seems the most normal, followed by Yukimura

>2013
Still thinking Yukimaru is a trap.

It pretty obviously, like 100%

Oh, forgive me if I read tons of mangas with traps and won't think other wise unless it's stated.
Jan 19, 2013 4:34 AM

Sep 2011
Liinah said:

Sorry about that lol

azzyzx said:

yeah, because taking pictures secretly and sticking them in her room, sniffing wig while pleasuring herself is perfectly not gross.

pretty sure within this anime she isn't necessarily gross in comparison to some creepy people from that very club, and a certain crazy nun who farts in public and bluntly states it.
Jan 19, 2013 5:36 AM
Jan 2010
More like
"There's no way my dick can be this hard"
Jan 19, 2013 7:07 AM

Jul 2012
Damn I'm so happy this is back.

I'm so in love with the character artstyle.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 19, 2013 8:27 AM

Dec 2009
Animeshadow said:
Took me a good minute and a half to realize that Kate WASN'T Sena cosplaying Maria, that was a minute and a half that i wasn't very proud of...

HAHA XD
Poor you.
Jan 19, 2013 10:07 AM

Dec 2009
Rika without glasses, Sena saying penis, Kate introduction.

Gonna be a good season.
Jan 19, 2013 11:16 AM

Sep 2007
For those who have read the books, how far will this season go? Will it complete the story or will it be short?

Jan 19, 2013 1:04 PM

Jul 2012
HOMO LOVE. Interesting episode :)
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 19, 2013 2:26 PM

Oct 2012
moar meat!!! AH WOW!!!
Jan 19, 2013 2:35 PM

Nov 2011
When will they realize that they've all already made friends? Eachother.
Jan 19, 2013 9:50 PM

Jun 2009
Tomodachi5 said:

They know, they just don't want to admit it.
Jan 19, 2013 10:13 PM

Nov 2011
-Quasar said:
Tomodachi5 said:

No, I don't think they realize it just yet. They all don't really know when one considers someone a friend.
Jan 19, 2013 10:21 PM

Dec 2012
Tomodachi5 said:
-Quasar said:
Tomodachi5 said:

No, I don't think they realize it just yet. They all don't really know when one considers someone a friend.

yea they don't know , and they really consider " friends" being something way more special than it is.
Jan 19, 2013 10:37 PM

Jun 2009
Tomodachi5 said:

Yozora and Kodaka have been friends since they are kids, I'm not buying this naive thinking of "they don't know when to consider someone a friend" especially between the two of them. If Yozora or Sena are just honest to themselves, this wouldn't even be a question.

I'd give Rika benefit of the doubt though considering the way she live up until she joined the club.
Jan 19, 2013 11:04 PM

Jul 2009
"girls dont fart" "girls dont fart" "girls dont fart"
see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil
!
Jan 20, 2013 12:07 AM
Mar 2009
Lol. All dem girls be annoyed when Kodaka complimented on Rika's new look. Gonna be fun to see the rest of Rika's outfits be animated.

Yozora is getting soft. I also never thought Yozora would be naive enough to believe what Rika says about friends having to kiss.

LAWL WHAT. There's no way my dick can be this cute? Weirdest way to interject a cameo.

Dat Gainaxing from Sena. Kind of disturbing to play a game with a character that looks like Kobato getting banged and Kodaka is right there...

Nooooo!! Why did they censor it!?! That would have been so awesome!

Kate is as rude and not-very-sisterlike as I thought she'd be, haha.

Dat titlecard for the next episode.
Jan 20, 2013 1:50 AM
Nov 2010
In case you didn't realize, Yozora has always been sensitive to topic of love & sex. Her reaction is fairly normal for her especially she has a rather idealistic view on 'friendship' as experienced in the past - namely when two young people become good friends for the first time, none of the second guessing/pretence/fights/power struggles etc that comes later - for she never experienced the same friendship since. She was afraid that being boxed in as a friend precludes kissing, which she obviously desires on a physical level, and Rika's BL show sort of cleared her concern (even though it is not quite true :)).

And before someone goes on about why wouldn't Yozora consider a romantic relationship as an upgrade to friendship, you need to understand her view of friendship - the one person that you value more than 1000 others, has the kind of commitment of a relationship going beyond normal friendship. She is unable to even consider romance as a separate route given her sensitivity to the topic. Whilst it appears she's 'stuck' in the friendship mode, it's due to her wrong interpretation.

Inevitably people will again query if Yozora is so 'innocent', what's which her viciousness when dealing with Sena and rape etc. It is explained (not in anime) that she being the loner, is fairly well versed in the online neta world, and is familiar with the tropes of the average teenage going-ons on message boards etc. Cell phone novels involving rape and other outrageous contents are very prevalent amongst current Japanese teenage girls. Yozora being the recluse and without any social conditioning, simply took those and applied wholesale. (similar to how her fashion sense comes from magazines, she reads, remembers, and applies, without really understanding the ramifications).
Jan 20, 2013 1:34 PM

Mar 2011
Yaranaika?
Jan 20, 2013 10:04 PM

Sep 2008
The kuso miso technique reference cracked me up. Pulling the game out of his shirt and all.

The whole yaoi movie part of the episode was great. The 2nd half of the episode was pretty boring, though.
Jan 21, 2013 1:07 AM

Feb 2012
Good ep :D
And Rika without glasses is hawt :>
Never expected Maria has a sister~
Jan 21, 2013 1:25 PM

Sep 2011
I fucking hate how they took out Kate's analogy of Christ and a rock band. That was one of my favorite scenes of her, sigh.

Still, LOVING KATE!

Kate is suppose to be the most beautiful girl in Kodaka's mind. URGH, why can't there be more inner dialogue in anime like in Haruhi!?? The Male Protags are completely unrelatable like this!

Rika is the most compatible with Kodaka, I found

Mod Edit
Just edit your post, please do not double or triple post
Suzune-chanJan 21, 2013 5:21 PM
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 21, 2013 5:16 PM

Oct 2010
GodlyKyon said:
Kate is suppose to be the most beautiful girl in Kodaka's mind. URGH, why can't there be more inner dialogue in anime like in Haruhi!?? The Male Protags are completely unrelatable like this!
Kate looks like:
http://myanimelist.net/character/36074/Erio_Touwa
TBH. A lot.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 21, 2013 6:25 PM

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
GodlyKyon said:
Kate looks like:
TBH. A lot.

Hmm... Not in the novel, I don't remember her looking like Erio, but it would make sense why you would think so, as they are designed by the same person.

Anyways, Erio is super pretty, she is so amazingly moe it's unfunny.
Jan 21, 2013 6:42 PM

Oct 2010
GodlyKyon said:
Yumekichi11 said:
GodlyKyon said:
Kate looks like:
TBH. A lot.

Hmm... Not in the novel, I don't remember her looking like Erio, but it would make sense why you would think so, as they are designed by the same person.

I guess Anime only she looks like Erio. I know it's the same person making the series but I am not sure it was his design if it was it makes sense the person wants somewhat of a Erio figure in the series. However Sena rivals Erio easily just with her chest. Now with the MOE upgrades she is a little more on PAR.

That's the feelings I am getting so far from the series in this season.

Jan 21, 2013 7:39 PM

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
GodlyKyon said:
Yumekichi11 said:
GodlyKyon said:
Kate looks like:
TBH. A lot.

I guess Anime only she looks like Erio. I know it's the same person making the series but I am not sure it was his design if it was it makes sense the person wants somewhat of a Erio figure in the series. However Sena rivals Erio easily just with her chest. Now with the MOE upgrades she is a little more on PAR.

No fucking way, sorry, but I just see Sena as far inferior to Erio in terms of Moe. I can see why people get excited about her, but I just don't see her as super special, though maybe later on.

Maria DOES look like the astrololi from Denpa Onna though, why would Buriki do that though?

I liked Erio far more than Sena :p

It might just be because that I like somewhat strange girls

UGH, Sena is too sexy also, I am torn.
Mod Edit
Do not triple post. Just edit your post.
Suzune-chanJan 22, 2013 3:04 PM
Jan 22, 2013 1:21 PM

May 2011
Rika looks so much better without her glasses tbh and I lol'd at everybody's jealous reactions after Kodaka complimented her. Yozora's reactions to that movie and her questioning about the kiss afterwards was just so cute.

Kate looks awesome so far.
Jan 22, 2013 2:55 PM

Oct 2010
GodlyKyon said:
Yumekichi11 said:
GodlyKyon said:
Yumekichi11 said:
GodlyKyon said:
Kate looks like:
TBH. A lot.

No fucking way, sorry, but I just see Sena as far inferior to Erio in terms of Moe. I can see why people get excited about her, but I just don't see her as super special, though maybe later on.

Maria DOES look like the astrololi from Denpa Onna though, why would Buriki do that though?

I liked Erio far more than Sena :p
In terms of S1 I agree but this time around Sena got more shine and that really changes a aspect of her.

Jan 22, 2013 4:41 PM
Nov 2010
Ass shots everywhere
Jan 22, 2013 7:35 PM

Oct 2012
Rika reminds me a lot of Hana Oshiroi from Ben-To.
Jan 22, 2013 8:10 PM

Dec 2012
CodeNameShield9 said:
Rika reminds me a lot of Hana Oshiroi from Ben-To.

lol they are basicaly the same, ero
Jan 23, 2013 12:49 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode, lots of comedic parts. I couldn't help but laugh at the part with Maria.
I also noticed how horribly over-compressed the opening is, sounds horrible.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 23, 2013 1:13 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode indeed, I can't wait for the next one.
Jan 23, 2013 2:34 PM

Aug 2011
Haha, "Yaranaika" reference was hilarious. I enjoyed watching the Homo Game Club as much as they did, as well as Sena reading out her game.

Yozora looks amazing with shorter hair and so does Rika with her new look.
Jan 23, 2013 5:04 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Definitely needs more Kate!

Last episodes, including season 1, weren't that great but this one was genuinely hilarious.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 23, 2013 5:51 PM

Sep 2011
I love Kate, but her story was lost. In the light novel:

Kodaka's first impressoins:

She might even be a match for the rest of the Neighbors Club.

While reeling in shock form her aura, I took a good look at her―― It felt like I might start ogling her any minute if I didn't stop.

There was an amazingly beautiful girl in front of me.

She was pretty young too―― I think she might even be the same age as me.

Her silver hair shone in the dusk sunlight.

As did her clear blue eyes.

She was right between "cute" and "beautiful", and her face was so sublime it was like the embodiment of the ideal face for a teenage girl.

She was wearing a sister outfit of course, but you could easily tell she had a beautiful pair of legs, a thin waist, and just the right size boobs.

She looked like she was from Northern Europe, the same as Maria. Actually, I think Maria might end up looking like this miracle super-dreadnought class pretty girl in another 7 years or so.

What a shame it wasn't mentioned

And Here's the dialogue I liked:

"The main idea behind rock and roll is to fight the system. Even Christianity started by rebelling against the ideas of the time~ I don't think it's really all that weird."

"Really?"

"Yeah. It started with them going 'No, the way you do things is weird.' and opposing the main sect of Judaism. Then, little Jesus of Nazareth created his own sect of Judaism called the Jesus sect. After that, it started to get called Christianity instead~"

She just called Christ "little Jesus"...

I don't know about any other sisters besides Maria, but even I can tell that the one in front of me is a weirdo.

"That's how it all started, which means that Christianity isn't really a religion based on being obedient girls and boys at all. It was more of an extreme rock group than anything. Back in those days, you'd get done in if you didn't resist, so it's only natural it turned out the way it did."

"Oh...?"

"You know about that famous 'If you're hit on the right cheek, then offer them the other' thing right? That wasn't originally some lame 'violence is bad' message, but was actually meant to say 'Even if you can't physically resist violence against you, never give in' and mock your enemy with as if to say 'That it? I've still got another cheek here.' while facing them head on.' That's the general feeling it used to have, apparently."

"Little Jesus really was a rockin' guy, wasn't he?"

"You know it! He was totally awesome!"

The sister showed me a tender smile.

"But, well, even though I say that, I do think that the peace and harmony the priests advocate is good. It's not like I support violence or war though, and I don't think constantly trying to rebel against society is a good thing either. It's just, I don't think there's any need to always be an obedient little sheep is all."

"...I see."

I gave a meek nod in return.

I didn't really want anything to do with her when she called out to me at first, but that was a pretty interesting story.
Jan 23, 2013 7:53 PM

Oct 2010
GodlyKyon said:
That was an interesting reading. So basically Kate is more of a Neo person in teaching to others with more contemporary ways and her thinking is also contemporary.

Yeah sadly this would be too long of a dialogue for the anime but it's interesting since you shared it.

Jan 25, 2013 1:10 AM

Nov 2011
Rika without glasses...
Just
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 28, 2013 4:12 PM

Nov 2012
I thought that Maria was cool and not annoying for once..

Until she said she was called Kate.

Looks like my dream of Maria becoming not annoying won't ever come true.
Jan 31, 2013 2:54 AM

Jan 2011
That Homo Game Club was nice but, of course, this does not make me interested in BL haha

LOL at all those references... OreImo and Nyaruko haha
Rika is just pure awesomeness :D

Hmm... that girl is Sena's galge looks like Kobato. Epic cute loli!!

I was not expecting that... Kate seriously looks 20+ or if any other thing, acts like one.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jan 31, 2013 7:15 AM
Mar 2012
The Homoge Club looked more interesting in the LN, as well. FFS, those characters had blue & green hair, and feminine traits! That would be so cliched, awesome, and funny on the anime!
Feb 2, 2013 6:04 PM
Nov 2011
for amoment I thought kate was actually yozora in disguise to mess with Kodaka
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Feb 7, 2013 3:11 AM

Nov 2010
Gu3rrit0 said:
lindsayzzz said:

"There's No Way My D*ck Can be This Cute!" - LMFAO!!!!!! That 'moan' sound effect LOL!

LOL

Damnit i thought there was a cockroach on my monitor, stop that.

Feb 9, 2013 5:50 PM

Nov 2012
Rika was so cute without glasses! I loved how everyone got jealous when Kodaka described what he thought about her.

This episode was just great!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

253 by Ske80 »»
Apr 17, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

675 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

457 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

268 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

183 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.