Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2013 6:55 AM

Apr 2011
Baconzombie said:
a show that knows it's not serious and makes sure of it. Shaft does it again. 4/5 first episode.

What does that even mean. You probably don't even know...
Meruru_ArlsJan 11, 2013 7:00 AM
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Jan 11, 2013 6:56 AM

Apr 2011
kondee said:
What the hell...

I felt this show is written by an attention deficit hyperactive horny teenager on a sugar rush.

Or at least I felt like one watching it...my head really hurts.

You must be a old man behind that computer.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Jan 11, 2013 7:22 AM

Jul 2008
I did not really care for this episode. I hope it gets better.
Jan 11, 2013 7:24 AM

Oct 2010
Hydnlife said:

machine gun jubblies? O Behave
Indeed, I would call them simply breast missile but the ballooning is what make it ridiculous. Can never get enough that.
QuiGonJon said:
FastWheels said:
Yumekichi11 said:
About Sasami’s fan service, when she appeared in the following,

I would have devoured her. It was sexually enticing.

Her ass is perfect for its size. Makes you want to bang it. Chest is also not big so perfectly normalized.

Rest of the thoughts follow in my club.

oh god what the fuck am i reading

I feel like that every time I read this guys posts
What? Sasami is sexually attractive as a character. Just look at my profile pic of her in the bath. Can't resist that. Shaft really tends not to focus on ecchi but as it does, it tends to make a difference among other studios and this portrait shows it all.

Unlike other ones, it has let's leave at a element others do not. Whatever element it may be for whom.

I am just expressing simply my lust for her. That's all.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 11, 2013 7:25 AM

Jun 2009
Still on the fence whether to continue or drop this. Hopefully, the next episode will help me decide.
Jan 11, 2013 7:26 AM
Nov 2010
Seems fine so far. It has potential to get better though.
Jan 11, 2013 7:26 AM

May 2010
lol that haruhi dance....This is so different from what I have seen so far.Totally in!
Jan 11, 2013 7:34 AM

Feb 2009
What did I just watch?

I did laugh really hard when that brother was cycling whilst holding his bag in front of his face, that was pure gold.
Jan 11, 2013 7:37 AM

Mar 2012
Well, it's certainly made by Shaft. That's for sure. Love the anime references and the next episode preview. 4/5
Jan 11, 2013 7:41 AM

Jul 2008
QuiGonJon said:
FastWheels said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Her ass is perfect for its size. Makes you want to bang it. Chest is also not big so perfectly normalized.

Jan 11, 2013 7:58 AM

Oct 2012
The art for me was to perfection, ofc it is Shaft. I see that this might have some potential depending how the character development goes, storyline looks awesome to me although i am abit confused

Also when the brother was doing the Haruhi "Hare Hare Yukai' dance, hilarious!! :p
Jan 11, 2013 7:58 AM

Jul 2011
Shaft doing something weird again, it's unique from art, music to story (so far), just the kind of anime i'm expecting from them. A lots happened and they're still confusing, but that's likely going to be explained later. And lol Hare Hare Yukai XD.

For a introduction episode with little sense, i enjoyed it, and it's from Shaft so certainly i'm gonna stay on board.
Jan 11, 2013 8:14 AM
Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Hydnlife said:

machine gun jubblies? O Behave
Indeed, I would call them simply breast missile but the ballooning is what make it ridiculous. Can never get enough that.
QuiGonJon said:
FastWheels said:
Yumekichi11 said:

What? Sasami is sexually attractive as a character. Just look at my profile pic of her in the bath. Can't resist that. Shaft really tends not to focus on ecchi but as it does, it tends to make a difference among other studios and this portrait shows it all.

Unlike other ones, it has let's leave at a element others do not. Whatever element it may be for whom.

I am just expressing simply my lust for her. That's all.

...But, don't you hate fanservice and ecchi in general? You said something fucking dumb, somewhere I don't recall, about it being a government conspiracy, with KEY being the sole exception, or lolsomething like that.
Jan 11, 2013 8:18 AM
Oct 2007
OMGWTFBBQKITTIES Shaft you have out shafted yourself with this one. Boob rockets lol. Brother doing the Haruhi dance in the library. The whole world turning to chocolate. Gero gero lol
Jan 11, 2013 8:20 AM

Jun 2012
Really great first episode, I enjoyed it all. Pretty interesting too, haha. I also like the OP and ED.
5/5.

Jan 11, 2013 8:27 AM
Nov 2010
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

You sir, are reading the post of a reta...special individual, who, just the other day, was complaining and crying like a baby because of the fanservice in Maou Yuusha.

He did? Well now, I think I should watch it. Thanks.

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

...But, don't you hate fanservice and ecchi in general? You said something fucking dumb, somewhere I don't recall, about it being a government conspiracy, with KEY being the sole exception, or lolsomething like that.
stop trying to find logic in what he says.
Jan 11, 2013 8:35 AM

Jan 2009
Tha fuck did i just watch......?
Signature removed. Please check your private messages.
Jan 11, 2013 8:39 AM
Dec 2012
epic harehareyukai make me watch this anime , I left with WTF but i think a story like Haruhi will be expect here and i love it damn she is tired even to sing ED
Jan 11, 2013 8:43 AM

Feb 2008
WTF did I watch ?

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jan 11, 2013 8:44 AM
Dec 2012
Vanilla23 said:
1 frog
1 cyborg
1 neet
1 red head

yep, shaft!
anyway i liked it. :) i want some chocolate too.

yep And Redhair form e, right away, age reverse are wtf
Jan 11, 2013 8:45 AM

Feb 2008
Zhou said:

Her brother sounds like an old man, a different voice might have been better.

yeah, he's Jiraya.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jan 11, 2013 8:46 AM
Dec 2012
DevilSexorcist said:
i felt a saikano reference

many anime reference in this anime indeed yes saikano wing on robot girl and leg propulser yep
Jan 11, 2013 8:49 AM
Nov 2010
UnbornMVs said:
Did you noticed the Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate reference ?
Where? It can't possibly be the chocolate, that would be too easy.
Jan 11, 2013 8:55 AM

Oct 2010
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
I am just picky about some stuff of service yes but I don't mention them all the time. For one here I can tell you that the censors were stupid and in my club or with friends I mention it.

You have one time ass and one time censored panties?

WTF is that?

Stupid and market strategy as usual if anything.

Still dumb but teasing/marketing style. At least the teasing gives out some good aspects, especially from them poster on my profile.

So that's it. Other than that I know the scoops inside, whom I mention inside my club regarding this series and its studio.

Jan 11, 2013 9:08 AM

Apr 2011
Man, I am probably comletely blind but where in the episode has there been a Hare Hare Yukai (Haruhi) dance?? Please tell me XD
Other than that, I am not surer of if I like that or not. The concept of a incredibly lazy girl is intersting, but these fighting scene were just...not fitting? I don't know, definately keep watching, mostly because I like cast and it has 4 seiyuu I really like. Basically the whole female cast.
3,5/5 maybe for now
Jan 11, 2013 9:10 AM

Jul 2008
KevinRammstein said:
Man, I am probably comletely blind but where in the episode has there been a Hare Hare Yukai (Haruhi) dance?? Please tell me XD
Other than that, I am not surer of if I like that or not. The concept of a incredibly lazy girl is intersting, but these fighting scene were just...not fitting? I don't know, definately keep watching, mostly because I like cast and it has 4 seiyuu I really like. Basically the whole female cast.
3,5/5 maybe for now

When the brother was in the library(?) at the school with the sister voiced by Hanazawa Kana. There was no music playing so it might not have been instantly recognizable.
Jan 11, 2013 9:13 AM

Aug 2010
I'm not always weird but when I'm weird I'm REALLY weird, stay Shafty my friends.
Jan 11, 2013 9:13 AM
Aug 2011
Z-flame said:
UnbornMVs said:

14:26-14:33

Yumekichi11 said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
I am just picky about some stuff of service yes but I don't mention them all the time. For one here I can tell you that the censors were stupid and in my club or with friends I mention it.

You have one time ass and one time censored panties?

WTF is that?

Stupid and market strategy as usual if anything.

Still dumb but teasing/marketing style. At least the teasing gives out some good aspects, especially from them poster on my profile.

So that's it. Other than that I know the scoops inside, whom I mention inside my club regarding this series and its studio.

I'm not even going to bother deciphering that post.
Gatchum_Bye-ByeJan 11, 2013 10:42 AM
Jan 11, 2013 9:14 AM

Nov 2011
KevinRammstein said:
3,5/5 maybe for now

Someone posted the animated GIF in this thread:

TehVict said:

Jan 11, 2013 9:15 AM

Feb 2011
Sorry, but "Shaft being Shaft" or "Shinbo being Shinbo" aren't good excuses for the nonsensical crap in this episode -- even if they're just a bunch of parodies from other anime. And I like both Shaft and Shinbo.
Managing Editor of Population GO -- a place for geeks and otaku who have a passion for anime, comics, film, manga, video games, etc.

Jan 11, 2013 9:16 AM

Apr 2011
GarLogan78 said:
KevinRammstein said:
3,5/5 maybe for now

When the brother was in the library(?) at the school with the sister voiced by Hanazawa Kana. There was no music playing so it might not have been instantly recognizable.

Oh yeah, of course! Thank you for pointing it out.
Man, I feel kinda ashamed that I didn't instantly recognize it...Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu is one of my favorite Anime XD
Jan 11, 2013 9:31 AM
Jan 2013

Oh, c'mon, wtf does that guy have to have his face covered?

Man either this anime is good or very much retard.
Jan 11, 2013 9:33 AM

Feb 2012
Baddie007 said:
Man either this anime is good or very much retard.

Also had that though first but then I realized it's Shaft. Of course it is good.

Jan 11, 2013 9:34 AM

Aug 2012
What a chocolatey 1st episode (no pun intended)

I hate to say this, but it looks like this might replace Tamako Market as my favorite anime of the season.

My Youtube page: link
Jan 11, 2013 10:03 AM

Jul 2012
At first I was like "Oh, impresive art work, very daring."
At second thought i was like "Wait, fanservice already?"
After that "Are those strange scenarios just the director lazyness?"
And in the end "Hell, I dont even care anymore!"
Jan 11, 2013 10:20 AM

May 2012
choco...choco..chocolate.. what happen to love and election lols... this anime is wierd .. first: the man with no face 2nd:The girl that cant leave the house and 3rd:The Chocolate world.. im thinking all the time that shes just daydreaming.. wtf

Jan 11, 2013 10:21 AM

Jul 2012
I don't get it. Maybe it will get better. I hope so.
Jan 11, 2013 10:22 AM

May 2008
Not what I was expecting in the least

Don't know if want.

The second half of the episode was...too random and too...'Why?"

May drop. Dunno.

Jan 11, 2013 10:40 AM

Dec 2011
Wow, that was...unique, as always a excellent work by Shaft, the animation was really good, the characters were likable, I laughed so much when Sasami's brother started dancing the Hare Hare Yukai.
Loved it!
ChonyCholyJan 11, 2013 12:22 PM
Jan 11, 2013 10:42 AM
Jan 2011

Oh, I don't get to see her panty.
Jan 11, 2013 10:57 AM

Oct 2010
Nasty001 said:

Oh, I don't get to see her panty.
People on the NET say BD might show it BRO. So you can check those out in about 4 to 5 months.

Just live on and patience.

That's all I can say to that one.

Jan 11, 2013 11:12 AM

Jun 2008
This was the weirdest anime episode Ive watched for years. LOL.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 11, 2013 11:54 AM

Jan 2012
I loved this episode and it exceeded my expectations.
I loved the art, and the music, especially the BGM.
The concept is a bit weird but I liked that.
I have a feeling I'll enjoy this series.
Some parts reminded me of Welcome to the N.H.K. other than the obvious hikikimori traits shared amongst the two main characters from both series.
Jan 11, 2013 11:54 AM

Sep 2012
Visually stunning, good soundtrack. The story makes no sense for the moment though, just fanservice, 'fightservice', harem and incest. I don't expect a lot from this anime.
Jan 11, 2013 12:35 PM
Oct 2010
that was unexpected. but great
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jan 11, 2013 1:00 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A strange blend of Arakawa under the Bridge humour and Madoka art/action plus a bit of -monogatari fanservice to spice things up. An otaku's wet dream indeed. A lot of references to other anime too.

I though the brothers voice didn't really fit the character at all. Sounds like he's an older man which is a tad creepy.

Let's see how it develops.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 11, 2013 1:24 PM

Nov 2008
that was a very entertaining start to the series been waiting for this anime since the 2013 winter season starter shame its only got 13 episodes when it could do much more with the content out~
Jan 11, 2013 1:25 PM

Oct 2011
A bit weird for me, not to mention I didn't feel the comedy to be that great. But just like Tamako Market I will keep watching in hope the show will improve with time.

Jan 11, 2013 1:48 PM

Aug 2012
Pretty generic so far. But I like it.
shaddoeJan 11, 2013 1:59 PM
Jan 11, 2013 1:52 PM
Nov 2010
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Z-flame said:
UnbornMVs said:

14:26-14:33
lol. thanks
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

140 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:14 PM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

68 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:31 PM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

symbv - Mar 14, 2013

79 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:41 PM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 7, 2013

49 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:19 AM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 28, 2013

50 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.