Dec 23, 2012 4:30 PM

Mar 2008
Well, I thought let's barg in to the house:

Time for some Romance shizzle :D

So what do you think who will end with each other in the future:

I am guessing

Alibaba with Kougyoku Ren
Morg with Hakuryuu

Tho it is still possible Alibaba and Morg come togheter, depending on how Hakuryuu will change.. his is slowly turning to the darkside it seems. But I guessing Alibaba will redeem Hakuryuu before he takes the same path as Cashim...

Plus as Alibaba dn Kougyoku both have the same background I feel there will be some sort of connection :3.

This is what I think btw n.n
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 23, 2012 4:32 PM

Sep 2012
inb4 Aladdin and Alibaba posts
Jan 27, 2013 3:40 PM
Sep 2012
Noinochi said:
inb4 Aladdin and Alibaba posts

Lol
Jan 28, 2013 5:04 PM

Apr 2008
Judal wont make it then.

Adding the side characters, Hakuryuu's brother and sister together :D
Jan 29, 2013 2:12 AM

May 2008
I can't decide between Alibaba x Mor and Hakuryuu x Mor, I like both :D
I'm with the Sinbad x Hakuei pair (though they still haven't met but would make a great couple imo) and the Yamu x Sharrkan :D
Jan 29, 2013 2:21 AM

Mar 2012
Shipper is everywhere.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 3, 2013 12:17 AM

May 2012
Alibaba x Morgiana all day every day! lol.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Feb 3, 2013 5:43 PM

May 2012
ali x mor(ali gave mor a neclace with a fanalis emblem on it.. so i think he cares or like mor..)..
aladin x hakue(just feel like it :D)..
sinbad x kougyoku(theres a slight chance)..
yamu x sharkan(the more u hate, the more u love)..
i dunno about hakuryuu i feel sorry for him

Feb 13, 2013 8:12 PM
Jul 2011
Dark_Messiah said:

XD ...
Feb 25, 2013 4:08 AM

Aug 2011
Right now I'm rooting for Ali x Mor, but I'm eager to see how the whole thing with Hakuryuu will play out.
Mar 27, 2013 5:42 PM

Sep 2010
Hakuryuu/Mor its my OTP I really hope we get more scenes with them together in future chapters even if it will make my heart shatter.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 28, 2013 8:39 PM

Dec 2011
Dark_Messiah said:

SilveryLantern said:
Right now I'm rooting for Ali x Mor, but I'm eager to see how the whole thing with Hakuryuu will play out.

^
Mar 31, 2013 3:48 PM

May 2012
Hirieoshi said:
Dark_Messiah said:

^

i dont think she'll change her mind, she has strong bond with alibaba and aladin and i can see that hakuryuu will fall into depravity(we got another sasuke in this series :D)..

Mar 31, 2013 5:37 PM

Oct 2010
Well in the real story Morgiana marries Ali Baba son. So she will probably end up with him since they about the same age.
Mar 31, 2013 9:12 PM

Apr 2010
Who really cares? Plus it's a Shounen, people don't end up with who they should, or end up with nobody at all. Or the person you want to end up with somebody doesn't end up with anybody.

Booo!! Lol.
Apr 27, 2013 10:28 PM
Jul 2018
^ That's right, but it's still fun speculating. Even if my favorite pairing didn't happen, I can still enjoy them through fanart and fan fiction XD

Hmm, I only like Alibaba/Murjana/Hakuryuu for the drama that will add to the story in the future. I don't care who she'll choose in the end. Though, it most likely will be Alibaba, since they both came from the same refrence material that the story was based on.

My favorite:

Judar/Kougyoku: I blame this art for getting me hooked on this pairing. I don't know if pixiv represents Japan, but this is surprisingly the most popular hetero pairing on there after Alibaba/Murjana. Kougyoku also mentioned that Judar was one of her only friends, so I wonder if she'll start developing romantic feelings for him after she gets over Sinbad.

Sharrkan/Yamu: for some people fighting is like foreplay XD who knows if their rivalry will turn into romance.

Kouen/Hakuei: so far, this seems to be the most canon since it was hinted in ch 146 that they already had something going on between them. I hope they'll have more scenes together in the future.
removed-userApr 27, 2013 10:40 PM
Apr 28, 2013 3:02 AM

Jun 2012
i think that alibaba will end up with mor
and who knows maybe a new character will show and end up with Hakuryuu or even Aladdin
May 22, 2013 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
It seems according to the omake in volume 17 that's title "Kouen-kun and Hakuei-san", Kouen/Hakuei (or EnEi as it's called in Japan) has been confirmed as canon. Here's the scan:

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h177059845

Hakuryuu doesn't seem to be very pleased.
May 26, 2013 8:17 PM
Dec 2012
Gentlemen, remember this is a Shounen, all what we can expect is them holding hands at the end and only that if we're lucky
May 28, 2013 11:51 PM

Sep 2012
I already consider Sinbad and Kougyoku dead. Who knows, maybe I'll get surprised in the future. I think Kougyoku and Alibaba is a lot more likely.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jun 30, 2013 11:18 PM

Jan 2010
Kento23 said:
Gentlemen, remember this is a Shounen, all what we can expect is them holding hands at the end and only that if we're lucky

This is coming from the same manga that had Hakuryuu confessing his love for Morgiana and then forcing a kiss on her. This series is not shy on romance.

Also, I'm a girl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2013 9:05 PM

Feb 2009
diyedas said:
Kento23 said:

This is coming from the same manga that had Hakuryuu confessing his love for Morgiana and then forcing a kiss on her. This series is not shy on romance.

Also, I'm a girl.

Well, that's certain a step ahead than most shounen, but it's not THAT much. The thing with Hakuryuu and Morg didn't have much development so far, so there's still the chance the author will forget it.

But well, I'm actually rooting for Hakuryuu x Morgiana, they are a cute couple. Also would like Alibaba x Kougyoku. Don't think Aladdin is going to end to with anyone, he's just a kid after all.
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
Aug 18, 2013 8:08 PM

Sep 2012
Well I just want to say I'm the big fool of this discussion.
Aug 18, 2013 8:14 PM

Jan 2013
Aladdin x Paimon.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 29, 2013 7:38 PM
Aug 2013
i hope AliMor happens :D

i think that they're cute together

i like their funny moments; like how Morgiana carries Alibaba like a princess. Like the latest chapter 194, haha ^^
Sep 1, 2013 9:46 PM

Dec 2011
Hakuryuu x Mor
and Kougyoku x Alibaba
Oct 30, 2013 10:47 AM

Sep 2010
I really want HakuMor to be end game, but sadly that will never happen cause he will either die or end up being friend-zoned/end up with a random chick for his empress.

I don't like AliMor as a romantic couple so kinda hoping that it will just end with the three remaining loyal friends and nothing more.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 1, 2013 12:35 AM

Dec 2010
Hakuryuu .... I don't foresee any romance in his future. Most likely he makes up with his siblings and they return to their kingdom at the end.

Alibaba and Morgiana IMO. Although I think Morgiana would be better with Masrur
Nov 5, 2013 10:28 AM

Jan 2012
Pknoctis said:
Hakuryuu .... I don't foresee any romance in his future. Most likely he makes up with his siblings and they return to their kingdom at the end.

But they're like siblings..
Nov 11, 2013 12:58 AM

Apr 2008
Pknoctis said:

Hakuryuu is pretty much going into the Vader ending.
Feb 3, 2014 9:21 PM
Mar 2010
bonifide said:
Well in the real story Morgiana marries Ali Baba son. So she will probably end up with him since they about the same age.

your referring to 1001 nights well the character are from ther I wonder will we reach 1001 chapters
Feb 3, 2014 9:24 PM
Mar 2010
Hayayandere said:
It seems according to the omake in volume 17 that's title "Kouen-kun and Hakuei-san", Kouen/Hakuei (or EnEi as it's called in Japan) has been confirmed as canon. Here's the scan:

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h177059845

Hakuryuu doesn't seem to be very pleased.

your link is japanese don't understand a thing
Feb 3, 2014 11:00 PM
Jul 2018
HELLSATAN said:
your link is japanese don't understand a thing

The poster in that link took the scan down for some reason. Here's the translated version:

http://meleiyu.tumblr.com/post/53481780779/magi-vol-17-omake-for-you-kouen-hakuei-fans
Feb 4, 2014 1:25 PM

Aug 2009
I have some new stuff about Hakuei and Kouen. This is a bit from the latest Magi data book. I think they have a calm and understanding relationship, but not really a romance.

Q: What does she actually think of Kouen?
A: Well she doesn't hate him like Hakuryuu but it wasn't long ago that she was in a higher position than him so she has mixed feelings.

http://websunday.net/backstage/ootaka/210.html
Also check out this new illustration from Shinobu's weekly update. When they where kids, Kouen was lower ranked than Hakuei and Hakuryuu for the throne so he would bow to them.
mikadocsFeb 17, 2014 9:02 AM
Feb 4, 2014 6:58 PM

Feb 2013
Alibaba and Mor are end game for me. Got a longg way to go though.
Feb 4, 2014 7:05 PM

Jun 2011
Never really liked Akibaba so I am biased against him, it's HakuMor and SinKou for me.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 4, 2014 11:11 PM
Jul 2018
mikado34 said:
I have some new stuff about Hakuei and Kouen. This is a bit from the latest Magi data book. I think they have a calm and understanding relationship, but not really a romance.

Q: What does she actually think of Kouen?
A: Well she doesn't hate him like Hakuryuu but it wasn't long ago that she was in a higher position than him so she has mixed feelings.

http://websunday.net/backstage/ootaka/
Also check out this new illustration from Shinobu's weekly update. When they where kids, Kouen was lower ranked than Hakuei and Hakuryuu for the throne so he would bow to them.

Thanks for the info.

When the omake came out, Kouen/Hakuei fans in Japan congratulated each other and thanked Ohtaka for making the couple canon. The way I interpreted the omake when I first read it, Kouen apologizing for being such a boring man to be around (like they were on a date lol) and Hakuryuu getting frustrated whenever Hakuei smiled at Kouen hinted that they had something going on between them. There's also the fact that Kougyoku got jealous of how close Hakuei seemed to Kouen.

Well, I won't argue against the data book, but since this is the pairing the interests me the most in Magi, I hope they'll end up together at some point :P
Feb 5, 2014 12:54 AM
Feb 2012
^even the databook question is phrased rather ambiguously, leaving us room for speculation. The way I see it is that Hakuei does have feelings for Kouen, but can't really admit it at this point. She will eventually, though.

And personally I doubt that Alibaba and Mor will be a couple at the end. Due to the manga's recent events and the reveal about the Fanalis' true nature, I see Mor as someone who's there for Alibaba, her king; always caring for him, being his emotional support and whatnot. But no love interest.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 6, 2014 10:33 AM

Aug 2009
Ohtaka makes a statement in the data book:

"....There will be more romance too so watch out for which couples will get together and which loves will not bloom. I think “Magi” is enjoyable in many different ways so I hope my readers will enjoy what happens to their favorite characters!!"

This makes me happy and also very curious, fufufu :P It's nice to have a shonen with some canon romance.
Feb 7, 2014 8:29 AM
Jul 2018
mikado34 said:
This makes me happy and also very curious, fufufu :P It's nice to have a shonen with some canon romance.

FMA also had some romance in it. I guess women are romanticists by nature XD Also, Dragon Ball had characters that ended up getting married, though Gohan/Videl was the only couple that had proper development before they tied the knot.

As long as Kouen/Hakuei and Sharrkan/Yamuraiha (and Judal/Kougyoku) happen, I'm a happy camper.
Feb 9, 2014 4:29 PM

Apr 2012
mikado34 said:

"....There will be more romance too so watch out for which couples will get together and which loves will not bloom. I think “Magi” is enjoyable in many different ways so I hope my readers will enjoy what happens to their favorite characters!!"

For some reason i always wanted for Ohtaka to pull some Red Wedding shit on us where Sinbad is kinda like Robb Stark. Gee, i wonder how the reaction will be.
Feb 10, 2014 1:28 AM

Jan 2012
mikado34 said:
Ohtaka makes a statement in the data book: "....There will be more romance too so watch out for which couples will get together and which loves will not bloom. I thdink “Magi” is enjoyable in many different wdays so I hope my readers will enjoy what happens to their favorite characters!!" This makes me happy and also very curious, fufufu :P It's nice to have a shonen with some canon romance.

I always thought this manga would have some romance, glad I wasn't wrong. And I hope my ship is one of them haha
Feb 18, 2014 2:59 AM
Jul 2018
For Kouen/Hakuei fans:

I don't know if this is old news, but I heard about it from EnEi fans on pixiv and found it mentioned on Japanese sites when I looked it up. It seems it was mentioned in the data book Kouen and Hakuei's favorite type:

Kouen: 賢い女性 (a smart woman)
Hakuei: 強い男性 (a strong man, I think being surrounded by noblemen who hide behind their family name, she came to admire someone who can truly hold his own in battle)

A hint? :p It's also mentioned in the data book that Hakuei is one of the few allowed into Kouen's private space, as hinted previously in the omake. I also read a post by those interested in the romance in Magi that the data book could be hinting at a Kouen/Hakuei/Koumei love-triangle.

On the other hand, Yamuraiha's favorite type turned out to be: ひげの年上男性 (an older man with a beard) O_o when I first read that I thought Mogamet. I've seen some Japanese readers joking that Kouen's favorite type could be Yamuraiha and Yamuraiha's favorite type could be Kouen.

Also, was there a character interview with Hakuryuu? It's mentioned that a character interview with Hakuryuu contained some Kouen/Hakuei hints. Post 162:

http://engawa.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/anichara/1384673453/142n-

That site also discussed the drawing by Ohtaka that depicted Kouen, Hakuei and Hakuryuu when they were little and that recent events might be hinting at a Kougyoku death flag. It made Kougyoku fans upset that The Kou brothers (Kouen and Koumei) are giving Hakuei special treatment while as Kougyoku could end up in a political marriage and dead.
removed-userFeb 18, 2014 7:21 AM
Feb 18, 2014 10:14 AM
Jan 2014
GuiltyKing said:
^even the databook question is phrased rather ambiguously, leaving us room for speculation. The way I see it is that Hakuei does have feelings for Kouen, but can't really admit it at this point. She will eventually, though.

And personally I doubt that Alibaba and Mor will be a couple at the end. Due to the manga's recent events and the reveal about the Fanalis' true nature, I see Mor as someone who's there for Alibaba, her king; always caring for him, being his emotional support and whatnot. But no love interest.

I agree, I like them (Alibaba and Morg) better as close friends rather than being in a relationship. Magi, Hunter x Hunter, and One piece are the only shounen where I don't want the main characters to date each other. Their personalities work so much better as friends.
Feb 20, 2014 1:03 AM

Sep 2012
Hayayandere said:
That site also discussed the drawing by Ohtaka that depicted Kouen, Hakuei and Hakuryuu when they were little and that recent events might be hinting at a Kougyoku death flag. It made Kougyoku fans upset that The Kou brothers (Kouen and Koumei) are giving Hakuei special treatment while as Kougyoku could end up in a political marriage and dead.

My precious Kougyoku? No way. Do you know how many metal vessel users died so far in this series? Zero, if we omit the dark metal vessels. I will cry if she becomes the first.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Feb 20, 2014 2:10 AM
Jul 2018
IronLobster said:
My precious Kougyoku? No way. Do you know how many metal vessel users died so far in this series? Zero, if we omit the dark metal vessels. I will cry if she becomes the first.

It's the events in chapter 210 that are causing everyone to worry. Kougyoku fans are mad at her brothers that though she's working so hard at proving herself as a warrior, she's in the end just a political tool to them. Of course, Sinbad is at the top of their hit list for taking advantage of her love and purity. You can look it up by typing 紅玉死亡フラグ.

When she first appeared, I thought Kougyoku will be one of those bitchy, sadistic princesses. However, that scene when she didn't flip when she met the Salujia brothers for the first time and coldly told them she didn't care who she will end up marrying had a strong impression on me. Glad she grew into a sweet and likeable character.
removed-userFeb 20, 2014 5:06 AM
Feb 21, 2014 12:02 PM

Oct 2013
There will be more romance too so watch out for which couples will get together and which loves will not bloom. 

In an recent interview for February, Ohtaka (the author) said this
Feb 21, 2014 12:22 PM

Jun 2008
I might be one of the few western JUKOU fans (Judar x Kougyoku) but I will sink with this ship for several reasons. Having a huge list (which you can find among my Jukou tag in tumblr) but being one of the most important:
- In Magi's official encyclopedia it is stated that Judar's favorite thing to do in his days off is to "spend his days teasing kougyoku".
Also he was the first to acknowledge her as king candidate and give her self confidence.
He always streches his hand to her (i find it sweet), never blamed her even when she was in Sindria with the "enemy" and mostly, no matter how evil Judar is, he never tried to control Kougyouku, allowing her to make her own choices. Their symbol among Japanese fans is the peach which is a symbol of pure love and in the unpublished omakes/drafts of the author, we have three of this pairing in where Judar always appears to tag along with her and to eat her peaches.
And also...geez, their attacks..."Vainel Al-Salos" and "Thalg Al-Salos"...the most matching attacks in Magi:D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Feb 21, 2014 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
Orulyon said:
I might be one of the few western JUKOU fans (Judar x Kougyoku) but I will sink with this ship for several reasons.

You're not the only one, Orulyon XD Judal/Kougyoku was the first couple I was interested in (and obssesively looked up fanart on them on pixiv)

Though the hints were only on Judal's bio, Japanese JudarKou fans became very optimistic after the release of the character guide. I found it very cute that their favorite food is the same and that his hobby is teasing Kougyoku (just like the boy who picks on the girl he likes the most trope)
Feb 21, 2014 2:10 PM

Jun 2008
Hayayandere said:
Orulyon said:
I might be one of the few western JUKOU fans (Judar x Kougyoku) but I will sink with this ship for several reasons.

You're not the only one, Orulyon XD Judal/Kougyoku was the first couple I was interested in (and obssesively looked up fanart on them on pixiv)

Though the hints were only on Judal's bio, Japanese JudarKou fans became very optimistic after the release of the character guide. I found it very cute that their favorite food is the same and that his hobby is teasing Kougyoku (just like the boy who picks on the girl he likes the most trope)

Wait...did you change your username? lol
I'm glad Im not the only one. I just hope the author goes for that route sooner or later because pardon me Sinkou fans, but no matter how much awesome Sinbad is, I just cannot ship him with Kougyoku because he is using her and she does not deserve that. Alikou could work if there wasnt Morgiana (although I'm HakuMor, but still...); I believe that Kougyoku is one of the few persons who actually brings out the good side of Judar and yes, geez the official guide put Jukou hints everywhere. Like also the fact that in the guide they ask her if she really thinks Judar is a good guy and she gets all defensive of him, straightly defending him and believing him. So cute~ look at this fantastic official art:
24.media.tumblr.com/c0d46e80542c48b65bdbea9d660edbe1/tumblr_n0ajrf8Kcc1r50b1bo1_500.png ;D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What's the best and worst Arc in Magi?

coolasianbro - Feb 11, 2021

8 by LeonhartAugust »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 369 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2017

86 by mizukasa »»
Mar 23, 8:16 AM

» The Nen Show Podcast - Magi and Sinbad

MuffinManTho - Mar 17

0 by MuffinManTho »»
Mar 17, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 27 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Sep 25, 2011

9 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 26, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 7 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

12 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 19, 5:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.