Forum Settings
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2012 6:09 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Jack was Oscar's son? And he was order to kill Oz??
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 17, 2012 7:02 PM

Feb 2011
So uhm, where did you read this?
Dec 18, 2012 7:57 AM
Apr 2010
Where did you reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaad iiiiiit ;A;
"No matter what the reason is, where humans are involved, there is no black or white, no justice or evil. There is only our will." - Oz, Pandora Hearts

"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think. Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analyzing the reasons behind it." - Lacie, Pandora Hearts

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"Freedom is the dignity of men." - Captain Harlock
Dec 18, 2012 9:47 AM
Apr 2012
Zai does order Oscar to kill Oz (and he takes Ada as hostage for leverage). But, Jack is not Oscar's son.

For those who are interested, you can read my translation of the chapter here.
Dec 18, 2012 1:04 PM

May 2012
Why doesn Jun-sama need to cliffhang us on the most suspense part!!!?? Now, I need to wait for January to know of what will happen to Oz, Gil and Oscar!!! Please, Oscar!! Don't listen to Zai!! Oz is Oz and Jack is Jack!! They are 2 different person!! ><

My heart is breaking in the middle of night. Now my eyes this morning is aching >< ><
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Dec 18, 2012 4:19 PM
Jun 2012
LilyGinnyBlack said:
Zai does order Oscar to kill Oz (and he takes Ada as hostage for leverage). But, Jack is not Oscar's son.

For those who are interested, you can read my translation of the chapter here.

Thanks, I always read your translations as soon as possible. q:
Dec 20, 2012 12:13 PM
Apr 2010
That you for the translation! :'D

I teared up in shock :'O I doubt Oscar would like, actually do anything... (Then again, this is Pandora Hearts. Perhaps I'm still too naive?) Way to go Gilbert! Being all perceptive and continuing to be his bada**, self-fulfilled self.
Now I fear that Oscar will have some tragic death where he protects Oz.

Anywho, everyone had been saying things would be fixed for Oz now that Oscar was there. LIES. FALSEHOODS. TRICKERY. *flips desk and scowls *
"No matter what the reason is, where humans are involved, there is no black or white, no justice or evil. There is only our will." - Oz, Pandora Hearts

"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think. Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analyzing the reasons behind it." - Lacie, Pandora Hearts

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"Freedom is the dignity of men." - Captain Harlock
Dec 26, 2012 12:17 PM

Dec 2010
Glad that Gil saw through Oscar.

QuirkyIceHeart said:
Oscar will have some tragic death where he protects Oz.

I can see this happening also.
Dec 26, 2012 1:15 PM

Aug 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
Glad that Gil saw through Oscar.

QuirkyIceHeart said:
Oscar will have some tragic death where he protects Oz.

I can see this happening also.

I hope not :(...but really poor Oscar...his feelings must be freakin conflicted right now. It must be a hard choice on him...Man Jack screwed over many lives, but I still can't hate the guy XD
Dec 26, 2012 1:17 PM

May 2011
Damn, do I sense betrayal here?

This is intense!
Dec 26, 2012 2:38 PM

Jul 2011
And to think I still am shocked when I read that Jack Vessalius has done some more evil things...
How the hell did he killed Zai's son??

I honestly can't see a happy ending for Oz, maybe he will loose his body and return to being a chain, because Jack must be killed once and for all, no matter the cost
Dec 26, 2012 6:31 PM
Dec 2012
I can't bear anymore people decieving Oz >.<!! Gil shot him and so that he wouldn't do it again he cut his whole arm! Alice is gone and has no way of coming back to Oz! Everyone else wants him dead and the only familiy Oz had that could help him and give him hope, his own uncle, that raised him like a son, the only father figure he's got will decieve him! T.T I can see why Oz has no hope. I don't care how many people have to die, but Oz, Gil and Alice need to have their happy ending or I will cry my eyes off!
Dec 26, 2012 7:04 PM

Mar 2012
"The seeds of a grudge quietly blossoms.."
This quote, I dont understand. Oscar seems to love Oz and Gil but why does it seem like, in this chapter, that he thinks badly of him?

I want to know what happen next chapter >_<

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Dec 26, 2012 7:17 PM
Oct 2011
Who knows Gil told Oscar not to move because the body Oz was inspecting was still moving or alive perhaps? then the trolling begins \OAO/

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Dec 26, 2012 7:33 PM

Dec 2007
I doubt Gil is pointing the gun at Oscar. Oscar hasn't necessarily done anything that would obviously hint at foul intent, he only reached out his hand. I'm sure Gil is pointing it at someone else, like someone who is still alive.

Deathraver said:
"The seeds of a grudge quietly blossoms.."
This quote, I dont understand. Oscar seems to love Oz and Gil but why does it seem like, in this chapter, that he thinks badly of him?

Throughout the chapter Oscar has an inner monologue about how it was torturous to interact with Oz when he was a child. It was torturous because Oscar didn't have a child, his wife died in childbirth (and the child with her). In Vol. 12 during the tea party, Oscar tells Oz "you're my dear son." Well, another way of putting it is that Oz constantly reminded him of the child he didn't have, because Oz can never truly be his son.

Still, I think that moment at the tea party is what defines Oscar's fatherly feelings for Oz. Pandora Hearts isn't always smiles, and there are always gray areas presented, but Oscar has always been the optimistic character. That's not to say he can't be conflicted, but I imagine, reading this chapter and looking back at the tea party, that Oz truly has been the son Oscar couldn't have and he cherishes him as such. He won't turn against Oz, but I do see the possibility for drama that he will die trying to protect Oz.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Dec 27, 2012 7:29 PM

Jul 2010
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.

That's what I understood.... Jack is Oscar's son and Jack order Zai to kill his own son.
Hope Gil doesn't shoot Oscar and reasons with him that Oz is Oz. And Jack is Jack.
Dec 27, 2012 11:27 PM

Feb 2010
tsubasalover said:

From what I got out of it, Jack killed both Oscar's & Zai's son, Zai took in Jack and called him Oz, and Oscar was the one taking care of Oz in place of Zai. When Zai found out that Jack was the one who killed their sons and wives, he ordered Oscar to kill Oz (who was Jack).

Well anyways~
I won't be immensely surprised if Oz dies by the end of the series...
I can also see Oscar dying to protect Oz too (his betrayal to Zai).

In fact, I can see a lot of well loved character dying sooner than later LOL

Ahhh, the next chapter will just have a lot of talking and reasoning, and probably Gil shouting and protecting Oz from everyone haha ^^;
Dec 28, 2012 6:32 PM

Jun 2011
Man Jack is just an amazing monster. Just how far can Jacks madness go and I wanna see Alice-chan again.
Dec 29, 2012 4:50 PM
Jan 2012
F_Bernkastel said:
Man Jack is just an amazing monster. Just how far can Jacks madness go and I wanna see Alice-chan again.

I do to but, I don't know how she'll be able to reappear since oz rejected her
Jan 5, 2013 10:05 AM

Aug 2012
Im sooo sad, this manga is all about perspective, theres no set black and white areas, I have feeling that we'll be seeing something else (flashback,etc) that will give us a new perspective on Jack or somebody else because the "villains" keep changing but what remains the same is the sadness that the characters ( especially Black Rabbit Oz) have to go through ;^;
Jan 5, 2013 11:04 PM

Aug 2010
I don't think that Gil will actually shoot Oscar.

I can't wait till Break does something. He's been missing for a while.
Jan 7, 2013 11:16 AM
Nov 2011
Jack, I hate you.
-___-
Jan 10, 2013 3:00 PM

Jun 2012
These cliff hangers will be the death of me >w<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2013 3:56 PM

Feb 2010
from ch 75-80 something like that im suffering from the lack of alice Q_Q
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Dec 13, 2014 4:00 PM
Feb 2013
I can honestly say after reading up this far that it's been the best Manga I've ever read. I'm also curious as to how Ada will react and how her feelings for Oz will be now. And I wanna see some more of Break. And Sharon for that matter. I don't think she's been seen in a while. And I'm really feeling for Alice right now. I'm hoping that if Oz accepts her again, she'll reappear, but I've a feeling it won't be that simple.
Dec 5, 2015 6:16 AM

Aug 2014
Jack is one cruel person, having everything planned from the very beginning like that..
Sep 14, 2016 7:31 AM

Sep 2014
Thought this guy couldn't get any worse...if he really did kill their wives and sons hope that bastard will get eternal torture.
Poor Oscar must be very conflicted...
Dec 20, 2016 5:48 PM

Jan 2016
No Uncle Oscar ):
don't be a fool, Oz loves you very much, the bad things it was all Jack
Feb 8, 2017 8:26 AM

Feb 2015
I can't wait to read next chapter...
Ugh... seriously, Jack is now in my least favourite characters list >u<
I just want OZ to live lika any other kid, hope uncle Oscar don't do anything to him .
∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Mar 31, 2017 3:18 AM

May 2015
Jack is getting on my nerves more and more every fcking chapter
I really feel bad for Oscar
May 3, 2023 4:49 PM
Sep 2019
Oh gosh, poor Oscar.
He genuinely loved Oz, but knowing that the original soul of that body basically killed his wife, his son and the wife & son of his brother... gosh. Obviously it's not Oz's fault and everyone knows that, but just looking at him probably hurts so much. "I was loving the murderer of my family", "I took care of the murderer of my family", ... Ouch.
Well, okay, he loved Oz, not Jack, and Jack was not there during his childhood. But still.

But, well, that at least explains why Zai agreed and why he treated him like that later on. So did he also know that Jack is the actual villain of the whole story, or did he only call him a sin for murdering the wives and children?
But he's part of the Baskervilles now, right? So he must've known after a while that Jack is not a good guy, apart from being a murderer of his family?
May 3, 2023 4:50 PM
Sep 2019
meronnpan said:
Jack is getting on my nerves more and more every fcking chapter
Finally a sane person in this thread.
May 3, 2023 4:51 PM
Sep 2019
tsubasalover said:
Eh, no?
Jack killed Oscar's child and wife, as well as Zai's child & wife.

More topics from this board

» Questions about the ending (spoilers)

Cestlavie_ - Apr 30

3 by Schalonym »»
Apr 30, 11:51 PM

» Is this better than Vanitas no Carte?

AjiX101 - Feb 17, 2022

10 by 234Mannan »»
Mar 6, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 51 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cho_Desu - Jul 18, 2010

59 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 49 Discussion

meeooowwwww - May 19, 2010

43 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 23 Discussion

Shouichirou - Jun 13, 2009

13 by de9 »»
Jan 14, 9:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.