Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 8, 2012 5:12 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Real battle begins, and Nakai's return!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 8, 2012 11:49 AM

Jun 2011
Spot saved for me.

I already know what happens next, I read the manga right when the first episode of Bakuman 3 came out.
Dec 8, 2012 1:33 PM

Jul 2010
Well look who decided to show up:

Even more hideous than ever!
Dec 8, 2012 11:59 PM

May 2012
poor nakai, i liked his character until he messed up with aoki.. then it just went downhill

Dec 9, 2012 2:54 AM

Jan 2012
Are there really that little subbers for Bakuman season 3? I've been checking around online a bit. And it seems like every episode's sub gets released like a week later. Which makes it sadly tempting to watch the RAW
Dec 10, 2012 6:09 AM

Jan 2012
Is Nakai fatter?
Dec 15, 2012 12:51 PM

Feb 2010
Awaiting subs... Ahhhh I wanna watch this fabulous show.
Dec 15, 2012 4:50 PM

Jan 2012
Man... Episode 11 is already out... how is this not getting subbed? D: Its such an amazing series.
Dec 15, 2012 7:53 PM
Dec 2012
It has always taken a looong time for the subs to come out for this series.
I know Sage fan subs has been having a lot of problems lately and i just checked there website for an update & got a "domain not found".this could be bad.
Dec 15, 2012 11:13 PM

May 2012
Episode 10 has been released. Apparently sage has site hosting issues but the releases are still coming.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Dec 15, 2012 11:34 PM

Jul 2009
im kinda surprised that hattori isnt going to the higher ups. it's just unrealistic for a professional like himself to keep hush hush. like sure you'll 'crush' nanamine and teach him a lesson but in reality, when all of the 'crushing' is over, will they spill the beans then? and if they do, how will the higher ups feel that they spent a shit load of money on a sham and used only to prove a point.

...yeah, not happening in reality when money, time, and reputation is on the line.
Dec 16, 2012 12:17 AM
Oct 2011
Even with the recent subs, they cant sub it properly! abt a quarter of the episode is not subbed in bits and pieces! the subs overlap each other too! i couldnt enjoy this episode because of it.

i was a bit sceptical as to whether it was Nakai shown at the end, but since the two gals gave the same compliments as Mashiro did, i guess it should pretty much be him. gosh, he put on some weight! i thought he would have slimmed down and steal Aoki heart instead.

I miss the epic Nizuma Eiji moments! When will he finally grace the episodes with more screen time????

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Dec 16, 2012 12:17 AM
Oct 2011
Even with the recent subs, they cant sub it properly! abt a quarter of the episode is not subbed in bits and pieces! the subs overlap each other too! i couldnt enjoy this episode because of it.

i was a bit sceptical as to whether it was Nakai shown at the end, but since the two gals gave the same compliments as Mashiro did, i guess it should pretty much be him. gosh, he put on some weight! i thought he would have slimmed down and steal Aoki heart instead.

I miss the epic Nizuma Eiji moments! When will he finally grace the episodes with more screen time????

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Dec 16, 2012 12:24 AM

Sep 2012
ChioneDyrken said:
Even with the recent subs, they cant sub it properly! abt a quarter of the episode is not subbed in bits and pieces! the subs overlap each other too! i couldnt enjoy this episode because of it.]

So true. It bothered me too. I just hope that there will be some others versions, subbed properly.
Dec 16, 2012 1:28 AM

Jun 2009
Mekiah said:
Holy shit I sprayed Pepsi all over my monitor when Nakai turned around.

You comment + Avatar... LOL!

Nakai is strong, with him working on the art... Hmm, unless Ashirogi come up with something amazing, they wont be able to beat Nanamine that easily.

I had a feeling that we didn't see the end of him, and I suspected him to be one of the 50 advisors... (and thought he's the one who backed out the earliest) Oh wells, looks like he's straying the right path again, somebody need to shove him one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2012 2:01 AM

May 2012
Kurogashi said:
im kinda surprised that hattori isnt going to the higher ups. it's just unrealistic for a professional like himself to keep hush hush. like sure you'll 'crush' nanamine and teach him a lesson but in reality, when all of the 'crushing' is over, will they spill the beans then? and if they do, how will the higher ups feel that they spent a shit load of money on a sham and used only to prove a point.

...yeah, not happening in reality when money, time, and reputation is on the line.

i don't know if it's that unrealistic. nanamine's manga was very popular so a business wouldn't necessarily give him the No so simply as that. Nanamine would also probably tell the public why he was canceled and cause even more hell for them.

if they do crush him then the goal is for him to learn his lesson and change his ways. the higher ups probably won't feel anything related to money because i am sure they get all sorts of promising chapter 1s that go downhill within a month or two.

but its an anime, so thats that.

LOL @ hiramaru's recovery
Dec 16, 2012 4:23 AM

Mar 2012
a little moment of Hiramaru x Aoki but make me smile like crazy =))
Dec 16, 2012 5:31 AM

Mar 2010
Hiramaru is so awesome! ,,,,,Nakai let himself go even more than before.......
Dec 16, 2012 6:35 AM

Jul 2012
Nakai is imo a awful character. I can assume that's what ohba tsugumi want's his readers to feel but I was happy when he left. Still good episode.

Dec 16, 2012 6:47 AM

Dec 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NAKAI IS BACK WHY BAKUMAN WHY
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Dec 16, 2012 7:55 AM
Oct 2011
Nakai is back. I forgot he appears at this point. He also gained a lot of weight.

This episode made me remember why I have Death Note vibes when I marathoned Bakuman after S2 ended. The next episodes should made that point stronger.

ChioneDyrken said:

Don't worry, Niizuma will get a lot of screen time in this season. After checking, this episode ended at chapter 122, Niizuma's arc starts in chapter 131 or 133, so 3 more episodes and one of the best arcs in Bakuman (imo) starts.
Dec 16, 2012 8:03 AM

May 2010
ricardocsc said:
Is Nakai fatter?

I think so maybe it's because of those pizza and he is a lot uglier than last time !!
Dec 16, 2012 9:30 AM

Jun 2012
Yoshida and Hiramaru took the crown for the funniest parts of the episode this week! I couldn't stop laughing when Yoshida thought Hiramaru committed suicid because he lost his serialization.

Aw snap, Nakai makes his return can't wait. I liked how in this episode they seeded parts about background art so the integration of Nakai seemed natural at the end with the big reveal.
Dec 16, 2012 9:36 AM

Jun 2010
Nakai still so ugly.. But he will be useful later on...
Dec 16, 2012 9:55 AM

Jan 2012
Seems like deadfish brought out a sub now that sage atleast started it. Lets hope this is propperly subbed. I wanna see this episode already

Edit: Deadfish subs are good! woo finally.

The episode was pretty good, and nakai.... oh man.. Nakai what have you become!
CaptainMahoganyDec 16, 2012 10:22 AM
Dec 16, 2012 10:34 AM

Nov 2011
ZappaBappa said:
Seems like deadfish brought out a sub now that sage atleast started it. Lets hope this is propperly subbed. I wanna see this episode already

Deadfish is not a subbing group.. they just re-encode released of other groups. Sage is the only group subbing Bakuman.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Dec 16, 2012 10:48 AM

Dec 2011
Nakai's return. This will cause a lot of chaos.
Hopefully they crush Nanamine in the next episode and do not drag so much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2012 11:11 AM

Jan 2012
rederoin said:
ZappaBappa said:

Deadfish is not a subbing group.. they just re-encode released of other groups. Sage is the only group subbing Bakuman.

Man... theres quite a bunch of Subbers, is the interest really that low in this show for subbers?
Dec 16, 2012 11:12 AM

Nov 2011
I knew that Nakai would return but it truly disgusted me to see that face in the end, he looks fatter and even more disgusting.

Dec 16, 2012 11:20 AM
Jan 2011
Whoa, it looks like 4 eye girl who once dumped Nakai has hots for Shun.

Oh dear, Kosugi still hasn't got the balls to do what he has to do as Nanamie's editor.

So, Nakai is Naname's super assistant, I wonder if Nakai did delivered some apples to the duo as he promise from the previous season? Since he is from a place where apples are abundant.

Hiramaru really does provide the comic relief for this anime.
Dec 16, 2012 11:56 AM

Aug 2011
Blegh, Nakai. Never liked the dude.

I love how Ohba and Obata are channelling their views about manga into Bakuman. It's really cool to see what mangaka think about various issues like what Nanamine's doing.

Candor said:
Don't worry, Niizuma will get a lot of screen time in this season. After checking, this episode ended at chapter 122, Niizuma's arc starts in chapter 131 or 133, so 3 more episodes and one of the best arcs in Bakuman (imo) starts.

YAAAAAY!!!!!
Dec 16, 2012 12:32 PM

Apr 2012
I kind of wanted Nakai to be the Aizawa of Bakuman. Someone who always
... or in this series, never give up on trying to get serialized.
Dec 16, 2012 1:44 PM

Jan 2011
Well it looks like Nakai has been drowning his sorows in pizza and high-calorie cola...On the other hand, he is a formidible artist which will help to maintain continuity for Nanamine's manga. His major lack (other than an overinflated opinion of his attractiveness to women--morbidly overinflated now..) has always been on developing a story to accompany his artwork. If Nanamine was an author instead of a compiler they could probably create a pretty good manga. As it is, Nanamine is about to learn why collaborating with 50 anonymous contributors from the internet is likely to fail (there's a reason why trolls can only get along with their sockpuppets...).

It also looks like Yuri really does feel something for Hiramaru, since she is willing to depend on him and reintroduce a male into her group of assistants.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 16, 2012 2:55 PM

Sep 2011
Nakai shouldn't have been holding a slice of pizza, he should have had a chunk of broccoli. That guy needs a diet. -.-

I can't wait to see Ashirogi's reaction to Nakai's return. I had a feeling for a while that the dunce would come back.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Dec 16, 2012 3:31 PM

Feb 2010
hiramaru moments ftw <3 i always lol
Dec 16, 2012 3:34 PM

Feb 2012
That guy at the end scared the hell out of me.
Dec 16, 2012 4:13 PM

Jan 2011
*I'm baccckkkkkk!~* Fuck my life thought he was gone for good knew something was up when the glasses girl showed up again Disrupting the balance again!
Dec 16, 2012 5:41 PM

Nov 2011
Let the battles and bloodshed begin. But in other news, I want to bash this guy's face and that smirk:

Dec 16, 2012 7:19 PM

May 2010
holy shit that dude let himself go
Dec 16, 2012 7:42 PM

Jul 2011
How many times does this show have to remind me why I love it so much?
Dec 17, 2012 1:47 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, it's has been so long I read this part in manga.

Oh Nakai, you look more hideous than before, poor guy.
This really feel like Death Note episode with the whole Ashirogi & Nanamine trying to out do each other.

Hiramaru part is hilarious. I love Hattori's & Kosugi's reaction when Yoshida running in the office & Hiramaru's recovery lol.
Too bad they cut the harem part. That's the most hilarious line from Hiramaru.

Dec 17, 2012 4:15 AM

Nov 2011
ZappaBappa said:
rederoin said:
ZappaBappa said:

Man... theres quite a bunch of Subbers, is the interest really that low in this show for subbers?

It seems so, a shame really.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Dec 17, 2012 9:32 AM

Jun 2009
Yay! Another amazing episode. Ashirogi's call was epic.

Ohh and see who is back, Nakai-sensei desu!^^

Dec 17, 2012 3:12 PM

Jun 2008
Nakai managed to make himself from looking bad to hideous. WTF dude? Put the damn pizza down.

Hiramaru recovery was fun. I especially laughed when she closed the phone on him and he took it as a rejection.
Dec 17, 2012 11:17 PM

Jun 2009
Ah how I hate Nanamine...

At least Nakai made me laugh, he looks funnier than in the manga imo
Dec 18, 2012 8:03 PM

Sep 2010
Elite60 said:
Well look who decided to show up:

Even more hideous than ever!

OH GOD MY SIDES. THIS IS TOO RIDICULOUS.
Dec 20, 2012 6:42 PM

Oct 2011
HE"S BACK!!
Dec 22, 2012 7:18 PM

Aug 2008
oh no, the character I like the least appeared again... And I'm pissed that he's helping the bad guys... And he's too shiny, he has to clean himself!
Dec 31, 2012 6:35 AM

Jul 2009
It's a shame how this all turns out since it was set up to be quite good.
Feb 17, 2013 12:36 PM

Jan 2011
Why did Nakai turn into such an asshole? I had some respect for him earlier in the series because he didn't seem like a bad guy, but not I can only dislike him.
Very tense stuff, I wonder how this will turn out.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

116 by I-yas-yes »»
Apr 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

62 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 31, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

78 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 30, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2012

66 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 29, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2012

58 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 28, 4:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.