Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2012 6:20 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Parent days sucks. I've been there and it's NOT fun tbh.

I'm also curious if Junior is that assassin's real name. That is a strange name for a girl imo. Kinda of a weak ending to this episode also and I wonder when Anita will learn the truth about that girl "Junior".
Feb 8, 2013 9:06 PM

Dec 2009
Cute episode. Nice that Anita finally gave a book a chance. I'm still confused of Maggie's gender, seems like a guy but definitely had women's breasts in episode 5.
Such junk...
May 4, 2013 5:21 AM

Sep 2012
The figure in the flame. Long hair, Coat. Oh. Is Yomiko burning books ?

It was an interesting episode despite being vastly about Anita's school life.
May 27, 2014 9:28 AM

May 2012
Pretty lovely episode, especially the ending was nice! Quite liking the development of the series!
Jul 7, 2014 3:51 AM

Dec 2009
Anita finally read a book!!

Aug 9, 2017 2:48 PM

Jun 2016
That was heart warming. I love how shy Maggie is, she's nervous around people but really likes them at the same time. So glad this show is still on this track, much better than last episode.

Gotta say, it's seriously amazing how well they express the characters through animation and dialogue. Great example is the whole scene where Nenene had just woken up midday and commanded Maggie to carry her. Another being when Hisami had walked in and Maggie noticed after walking out of the bathroom reading, only to stutter and run to the other room, in which we could here Michelle squealing at the thought that Anita brought a friend over. I love how expressive and feel good this show is. The cast feels absurdly human well being so eccentric.
Aug 30, 2020 6:46 PM

Jun 2010
That girl sure does love frogs.
Apr 12, 2021 11:21 AM

Jun 2014
Anita finally read a book, and it was Nenene's book! She was quite surprised.

"Junior" is posing as a student at that school, but while Anita recognizes Junior from the underground book shop, she doesn't know that Junior was the assassin that was trying to kill her before.

Jun 22, 2022 12:39 AM

Jan 2020
"Do it now or I'll smooch you." Bruh, Mags, just take the smooch.

This assassin's name is Junior? What kind of fake name is that? If it turns out to be his real name and not alias that'll be the most insane thing I ever heard. Also, why is he always trying to stab people?

As much as I am enjoying the series as a whole, I sure do wish Yomiko was more involved. Hopefully she'll at least begin appearing after we get into the second half of the series. I mean, she is listed as the first character on the details page on MAL. You'd think with that spot she'd be in every episode. Unless she is and we just don't know it, and there is going to be some super crazy twist?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Feb 1, 2023 6:22 AM
Sep 2018
So near the end when Anita stars reading Sensei's book there is a cut to Sensei working on her new book where she stops and wipes her nose. Was this a subtle example of the old trope in anime where you sneeze when someone is talking about you? Because Anita had just read like the title by "Nenene". It's the little things like that which bring this show up to a 10. The characters are still proving to be some of the most well defined and unique people I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

More topics from this board

Poll: » R.O.D the TV Episode 2 Discussion

AbZeroNow - May 16, 2013

11 by hitoki27 »»
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Poll: » R.O.D the TV Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2012

13 by hitoki27 »»
Jan 31, 8:37 PM

Poll: » R.O.D. TV Episode 26 Discussion

PKAmmoTroop - Jan 17, 2009

33 by nhkam »»
Jan 9, 2:04 PM

Poll: » R.O.D the TV Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2012

10 by MiMiXSheShe »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:27 PM

Poll: » R.O.D the TV Episode 9 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Oct 24, 2010

12 by oceanmachine »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.