Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 1, 2012 9:07 AM

May 2012
Natsu to the rescue! Love it! And Lucy's Urano Metria is so cool! Love it more! But so pissed of now :( Damn cheaters...
Dec 1, 2012 10:01 AM

Jul 2010
-MgZ_ said:
Yeah, This is the biggest bullshit Mashima did in the Manga. Lucy was so powerful and he let him lost. I bet Lucy could beat Jura in a one on one battle if she got serious. Anyways, next is Jellal vs Jura right? More rage inc.

I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR LAXUS BATTLE. FUCK YEAH!

I'm sorry, I know Lucy deserved to win against Flare but....to beat Jura? One of the 10 Wizard Saints Jura? A character that Mashima described to be on Gildart's level? As much as I like Lucy, she would get absolutely destroyed by Jura. Even if Lucy got serious, I doubt she'd beat Jura. Put up a fight, probably, but beat, yeah....she's gonna have to see how well she can take on Gildarts first.

Moving on, are people seriously complaining about Lucy losing? Guys....they win and you aren't happy, they lose and you're not happy. Should they just not fight? Should Fairy Tail just not have fights anymore? Would that be better? Why dont they settle things by just talking it out from now on then?

As for the actual episode, I think the episode handled the manga's chapters well,
the animation wasn't the best thing in the world but budgets will be budgets...looking forward to how the next fight with Jellal vs Jura get's animated....
Dec 1, 2012 10:57 AM
Oct 2012
Someone told me that Raven Tail were much more epic than Grimoire Heart. That's ridiculous. Raven Tail is annoying, they play like crazy dirty, none of them so far have cool magic, they're actually not stronger than their FT counterparts and the story actually makes you want to hate them.

Grimoire Heart never actually made you hate them so much. And they were amazingly strong - Bluenote comparable to Gildarts, Ultear never lost but rather was converted (her time arc was broken), Rusty defeated like 5 people then was fighting and winning a battle which involved 7 people and Azuma defeated 3 people without breaking a sweat, gave Mira a run for her money and was about to defeat Erza.

They also had super cool magic - Azuma with that Tree Magic and the explosions, Ultear with the Time Arc, Rusty with his broken Dream Magic, Meldy's Sense Links, Kain's creepy doll magic (actually pleasantly surprised by what an original idea this was) and Caprico's human summoning magic.

Grimoire Heart were definitely the devils of the genre - I don't think we'll find baddies comparable to them any time soon, unless they make a reappearance (yay Kain, Rusty and Bluenote!)

@Spirai You realise Natsu and Lucy haven't actually spent 8 to 9 years together because the 7 year gap was an actual gap...it's like waking up from a coma, you feel like it's been 1 or 2 minutes but in reality it could 12 months or years or something. It also explains why they don't look 7 years older too.
pikabluDec 1, 2012 11:02 AM
Dec 1, 2012 11:01 AM
Oct 2012
Emotional end to the episode.
Can't wait til they turn the tables and climb back up to the top, can really feel the emotion when Lucy/Gray lost.
Dec 1, 2012 11:30 AM

Aug 2011
God. I legit started tearing up. This just isn't fair. Lucy's so easy to sympathize with. Natsu really stepped up this episode. I love NaLu so much.
Dec 1, 2012 11:38 AM

Nov 2012
now i am starting to like fairy tail again, coz i stopped watching since the starry night arc came, but all in all, fairy tail ftw!!! go lucy!!

Special thanks to Gabu for this amazing avatar & sig set!!
Dec 1, 2012 12:44 PM

Jun 2007
Wow. My emotions really took a ride on a rollercoaster this episode.

Laughter from Gemini & Mavis.
Excitement from Natsu & Urano Metria.
Anger from Raven Tail's cheating and getting away with it(?).
Sadness from Lucy crying.

Awesome episode. 5/5
AshivalDec 1, 2012 12:52 PM
Dec 1, 2012 12:57 PM

Jul 2010
I hate the fact that Lucy lost ....she's so strong and yet didn't get to show it of....
Love the fight well done Flare looked pretty creepy .... love her hair though but who would try hurting cute Asuka?
Goodthing Natsu saved her
Love the NaLu part at the end so sweet of Natsu
Can't wait for Jellal's match hottie yeah
Dec 1, 2012 1:11 PM
Apr 2010
Okay. I've been looking at these forums every week for quite some time now, but it's the first time I really feel the need of commenting.

First of all, my appreciation of that episode was great. I loved it. I don't know why you people are whining. Lucy should've won? Raven Tail are not interesting evil characters? This made me laugh quite a lot.

The anime showed us exactly what I was waiting for since quite some time now... despicable antagonist. Yes, I hate Raven Tail from the bottom of my heart, but that's just how great the staff managed to create them: the kind of enemy that you simply cannot love, that are simply cheap, dirty bastards. That's what they are, and that's what's so great about them. We hate 'em bad. The fact that they won because of that just showed us how a world full of magic can be cheap and unfair at times. Of course it can.

I loved this episode on almost every aspect. The cute Mavis, the whole Fairy Tail's guild and their reactions, Natsu's bullseye on the cheap trick of Flare, Lucy's compassion for the little Asuka, Flare's twisted personality, the combo attack of the two gates, Urano Metria's awesomeness, Gemini and, last but not least, that girl in Sabertooth that seemed quite interested in Gemini.

I do have my own regrets in general about the games up to now, but they are strictly personnal ones, like the fact that Juvia didn't do much again in the last episode and that the anime seems to tend a lot toward Natsu x Lucy since quite some time... being more of a Natsu x Lisanna fan, I find it a little dissappointing.

Oh well, I hope Gajeel will rock later on!
Dec 1, 2012 1:51 PM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
It's unbelievably easy to cheat in this tournament. Noone noticed neither Flare nor the other Raven Tail cheating. If it's that easy every team can cheat, it was kinda unrealistic imo. That's why I didn't like this one..

Lucy's fight was great on the other hand. She seems very powerful now, I loved her fight.

Spark-Star said:
Yes, I hate Raven Tail from the bottom of my heart, but that's just how great the staff managed to create them: the kind of enemy that you simply cannot love, that are simply cheap, dirty bastards.

~Blondiee~ Soo creepy...
I love Flare from the bottom of my heart actually. How can you guys not like someone with such beautiful voice and eyes. :D
Dec 1, 2012 4:41 PM

Nov 2012
Heh, this episode is exactly what I was expecting :D
At first I was a bit surprised at how much Lucy improved, but I figured she would still lose - even though I at least hoped for a draw. That's how it always is in FT - they fail hard and then pull a win out of their ass xD
Dec 1, 2012 5:01 PM

Nov 2012
Fuck, this episode was so exciting, I love the level Fairy Tail has reached now, for me, i hated the Tenroujima Arc, it was so boring, but the grand magic games are so awesome.
I feel so bad for Fairy Tail, they just have to win, but Raven Tail will keep cheating I think, even in the next episode with Jellal.
Dec 1, 2012 5:20 PM
Jan 2011
_Core said:

I feel so bad for Fairy Tail, they just have to win, but Raven Tail will keep cheating I think, even in the next episode with Jellal.

Obra can dream about the days he is powerful enough to stop Jellal's spells, the level of difference is so vast I don't know where to begin.
Dec 1, 2012 5:44 PM
Aug 2011
C'mon man!!! I knew that this would happen but even so I became really mad when Lucy lost!!!

RAVEN TAIL, GO DIE!!!!
Dec 1, 2012 6:05 PM

Jan 2011
Jura on the same level as Gildarts? Well, maybe he was described as that, but certainly not shown. Gildarts is portraited as the strongest member of Fairy Tail (he never fought anyone but Natsu though), while Jura was in a lot of trouble fighting people at the same level/a notch weaker then Natsu, Erza and co. And that was against Oración Seis, while Team Natsu went and beat Grimoire Heart, which is considered stronger. Gildarts ultimately didn't have all that much trouble defeating Bluenote Stringer, the strongest of them.

The anime definitively showed Jura more on a level with Team Natsu, maybe even below Erza, with Laxus still coming closest to Gildarts in terms of power.

Anyways, this episode was both really enjoyable and really annoying. with Raven Tail resorting to cheating twice. And the magic council continues to show amazing resistance of learning from past failures, seeing that they granted Raven Tail the status of a regular guild. Maybe it has to do with the buildings (though they moved..hm..) or something else specific to the council as an organization, as Yajima seems to have noticed what was going on.

Well, i hope Raven Tail gets what they deserve, and i hope Lucy gets another chance to shine. Man, first they remove Wendy from the fights, now they interrupt Lucy..cmon, i don't want dozens of Natsu-power ups in a row, or Laxus or Gildarts coming for the rescue, everyone has to get some awesome fights.
Dec 1, 2012 7:01 PM
Jul 2012
The next episode is probably the best fight in the magic games, i hope they dont screw it up! :p

and i lol at the people saying jura is nothing. Just watch.
Dec 1, 2012 7:17 PM

May 2012
Good episode even after what happened to Lucy. Can't wait for the next fights even though I've read the manga, It's always fun to see them animated.
Dec 1, 2012 7:33 PM
Nov 2012
I know I read manga but I really looked forward for the Urano Meteoria scene! It was beautiful. My eyes gosh my eyes <3 Go FAIRYTAIL :D
Dec 1, 2012 8:36 PM

Mar 2012
I hate you, Flare.

Sigh, I didn't want to watch this episode. It pisses me off seeing Flare beating the life out of Lucy. ;A;
Dec 1, 2012 10:17 PM

Jun 2010
Ok, seems that this competition is getting more and more interesting now
my friend said that the manga story is getting weirder since FT can easily win the match..
It seems different up to this point
Dec 2, 2012 5:14 AM
Nov 2012
Raven Tail r fagt.
Dec 2, 2012 7:07 AM
Jun 2012
the grand magic games is so interesting. raven tail is such a cheater bug lolol
Dec 2, 2012 12:40 PM

Oct 2012
wow , i really wasn't expecting what happend to lucy (at the end), but then again they're in a competition full of different Guilds with different ways of fighting , just so happens that Raven tail likes to cheat, to win...

This competition is awesome, its getting more and more interesting

Loving the arc so far ^_^

Dec 2, 2012 3:46 PM
Jul 2011
Biggest most amazing climax for a long time, turned in to nothing :P that's so fucking LAME!!!!! FU RAVEN TAIL I hate you :(
Dec 2, 2012 5:38 PM

Mar 2011
Natsu helping Lucy in the end kind of shows how Natsu has matured over the course of the series. He can be brash(if that's the right word) at times, but has a sympathetic/comforting side too.
Dec 2, 2012 9:24 PM

Feb 2012
Wtf Raven Tail, fuck them really.

Lucy was great.

I'm so frustrated at RT right now, I hope they get some good beating soon. >:(
Dec 3, 2012 6:07 AM

Apr 2009
Dang it, they cheated twice! Hostaging Asuka and then the last one... despicable. Like Mavis had concluded by herself, few but only the high level mages or the sensitive ones probably know it too.

Aww man, I wanted to see Urano Metria again. It gave me the shivers when she was casting it the first time around because of the long ass incantation and the flashy effects. X( The redhead was such a lame opponent if that was all she had, I feel for Lucy how frustrating that was.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 3, 2012 6:29 AM

Aug 2012
AWESOME EPISODE!!!!! It was great seeing this animated.
Lucy became badass! But they then cheated her out of her win. Those bastard Raven Tails.

Natsu was so encouraging in the end.

Sent with Mal Updater
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Dec 3, 2012 6:37 AM

Mar 2011
I was really curious how much the 'training' they did actually increased their power. This episode showed quite obviously, a heck of a lot.

But god Raven Tail, how can no one notice? Well they probably did but just didn't care. I knew something was suspicious, but didn't expect Zeref to pop up again yet. Can't wait for it all to unravel. And of course to see Natsu and the others destroy Raven Tail.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Dec 3, 2012 5:10 PM

Oct 2009
Damn, i want to punch those Raven Tail so much!!
Dec 3, 2012 7:53 PM

Sep 2009
Lucy getting beaten up because of some threatening was sucky. But yeah who knows what will happen if lucy did attack her...good job Natsu for being attentive. NaLu!
And why did they have to screw up Lucy's fight like this? To make us hate Raven Tail more?
Dec 3, 2012 11:07 PM
Apr 2011
I remember raging at the manga chapter. I'm raging again with this episode.
GODDAMN MASHIMA WELL PLAYED.
KhaakDec 3, 2012 11:14 PM
Dec 3, 2012 11:29 PM
Sep 2012
Great adaption to the manga.
The soundtrack in this episode was so well done.
I'm dying to know when they're gonna release the 4th OST.
Dec 4, 2012 3:16 AM

Apr 2008
Och come on! That was so unfair, that I wanted to cry along with Lucy >,< Where is author. I will tech him how to treat my beloved "nice body"... And Meteoria... ach, I love that spell so much ;(
Dec 4, 2012 6:41 AM

Mar 2010
Excellent episode to give some shock to fans. I never expected Lucy win-*and*-lose.

Damn . Demo naa,,kudos for them to have succeed making me hate Raven Tail so damn much. Especially the magic-nullifier-dude(is that even a dude?lol)

Next Episode , Jera--!no , Mystogan! vs Jura . :D
Sorry Jura , I have the feeling you gonna get lost.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2012 7:22 AM

Jul 2009
I liked the crazy woman's hair attacks. Raven Tail are pushing their luck though, Fairy Tail are going to annihilate them.
Dec 17, 2012 11:52 PM

Mar 2012
OH MY GOD FLARE lkjsadflkjasldf
although something should be said for TWO cheating attempts to be done in order for them to actually beat Lucy
Jan 9, 2013 12:05 AM

Sep 2008
Don't worry Master Mamiko Noto, you have the biggest heart and the best intuition out of the whole universe!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2013 8:08 AM

Oct 2010
I turned off my computer when I saw that Lucy lost out of pure frustration.

Fairy tail doesn't get a break here...

Either way i'll give it a 5/5
Jan 30, 2013 12:45 AM

Jun 2008
I found Flare quite sexy in all her crazyness. That creepy talking and shit was fun.
Jan 31, 2013 9:00 PM

Jul 2011
Calumz said:
pathetic cheaters lmfao

lucy is strong tho i been waiting for this
yUuRi_03 said:
gggrrrr..so frustrating..then again..at least it really shows that Lucy is on another level compared to that hairy freak!! Cheater!!

weeeehhh!!! natsu was so sweeett..uuuhhhh...:)
Feb 2, 2013 9:23 PM
Jul 2012
Okay... fucking Raven Tail pissed me off.. /ragequit
Mar 11, 2013 12:12 AM

Dec 2012
"ICE-MAKE.....MIDDLE FINGER!!"

Lucy's spell is epic and shit happens

Mar 24, 2013 6:39 AM
Apr 2012
that flare girl from raven tail is such a bitch and so as the other members! i'd like to see lucy giving her a throwback in the upcoming episodes!!! i kept cheering on for lucy and was so frustrated when that flare girl won! TTwTT still lucy was really osum!!~
Mar 30, 2013 12:05 PM

Feb 2013
wow I was actually mad when they cheated, but I know Fairy tail will beat their asses
Apr 12, 2013 11:18 AM

Mar 2011
This is exactly why I consider Fairy Tail to be boring now. Not only do they cry in every single episode, they also lose all the time, only to win by the end because of "power of friendship". When a character finally seems to do well (which was surprising), it gets completely ignored because of piss-poor writing.
What a Goddamn tedious series.
Mr. Wonsworth, you may NOT eat my scones!
Jun 10, 2013 5:06 PM

Sep 2011
Chills!!!!
Jun 14, 2013 8:02 AM
May 2011
Supergrunt8 said:
I turned off my computer when I saw that Lucy lost out of pure frustration.

Fairy tail doesn't get a break here...

Either way i'll give it a 5/5

You turned it off to fast , go watch the rest of the episode -_-
Jul 23, 2013 6:25 AM

May 2012
Damn that's really false... two outside influences to win that's just fucked up that the judges didn't saw it... well if that spell of Lucy worked she would have totally owned her!

Lol at the part with the First Guild Master :p
Aug 10, 2013 6:00 PM
Oct 2010
great. they are still fucking losers until the climax

fuck that was frustrating. why didnt she just cut her hair off with the crab. fuck bitch think
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 12, 2009

520 by gojowife12 »»
May 3, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 157 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

118 by LightNoragami1 »»
May 3, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Knave - Aug 9, 2010

150 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 2, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jahn - Jul 16, 2010

133 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 2, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ReaperEXE - Jul 26, 2010

99 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 2, 8:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.