Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sunshine Sketch
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2012 9:29 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An episode dedicated to a single part of the manga. I really liked the extra bits involving Chika and the Landlady.
NidhoeggrNov 30, 2012 4:46 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 29, 2012 5:21 PM
Sep 2012
Endcard:

http://i.imgur.com/zXt4v.jpg

They're becoming gayer and gayer every week lol.
Nov 30, 2012 6:31 AM

Nov 2011
Only 3(or 4?) episodes left ;_;

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Nov 30, 2012 6:56 AM

Jul 2011
The beginning gave me the first season's vibe. Sae's 'nyaa~' and the 'special' space are just awesome XD.

Man, this feel like watching a 5-minute show, time goes really fast every time i watch this anime.
dreznovkNov 30, 2012 7:03 AM
Nov 30, 2012 9:56 AM

Apr 2009
Yeah, it was really nostalgic to revisit all these little subplots for a few moments.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 30, 2012 3:07 PM

May 2011
Ahh...game of life, I remember used to play that game.
Nov 30, 2012 5:25 PM

Dec 2009
All this talk about future... I can relate.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 30, 2012 6:48 PM

Dec 2009
Holy cow, a nostalgia episode!
Really makes me want to rewatch the earlier seasons...

And the Sae cat talk totally reminded me of this (´・ω・`)
Nov 30, 2012 10:50 PM

Jan 2012
One of the few shows, imo, that can turn a potentially bad start of a day into a great one. Episodes like this one are exactly why.

The Game of Life. Those were the good old days! I'd so buy a Hidamari Sketch edition if they had one...
Dec 1, 2012 8:03 PM

Jan 2008
I wonder if this was on purpose back in Hoshimittsu. I dunno if any of you guys listened to the mini character dramas that came with the character image albums for Hoshimittsu, but in Miyako's, it started with her having a dream.

In her dream, she and the rest of the girls were pirates on a ship looking for treasure on treasure island (Yuno was the captain, Hiro was the cook, and I think Sae was the navigator, while Miyako was first mate; I forgot what Nori and Nazuna were). Any way, on treasure island, they find Hidamari Apartments, and all the girls get confused except Miyako, who insists they start digging for treasure in the yard. So they do so and they find a treasure chest and inside is nothing but The Game of Life board game.

This next part's unrelated but I enjoyed it and it's funny, so what happens next is Miyako hears an "explosion" and wakes up and it turns out the explosion is the sound of Yuno falling on her cute little butt next door while she gets out of the bath tub. And that's all covered in Yuno's mini drama, in which all the Hidamari girls take care of Yuno after she bruises her butt.
Dec 2, 2012 2:23 AM

Sep 2012
That was a great episode. Totally want to see Miyako Art teacher.
Dec 2, 2012 8:51 PM

Sep 2010
3 days later and only 11 posts. Not so popular around here?
Anyways, this season has been too melancholic. It's making me sad, for a few reasons. :(
Dec 3, 2012 9:51 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
AngelicFeces said:
3 days later and only 11 posts. Not so popular around here?
According to the MAL stats page, about 2400 people are actively watching it. But, as somebody suggested in an earlier forum, it's just not the type of show that elicits comments from people, even if they enjoy, such as myself.

AngelicFeces said:
Anyways, this season has been too melancholic. It's making me sad, for a few reasons. :(
I understand where you are coming from, but it hasn't bothered me that way. Guess I've been happy to see them talk about what Sae and Hiro are going to do in the next stage of their life after high school. A lot of shows of this sort don't do that.
Dec 6, 2012 8:42 PM
Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

PM Nazuna, Saenyaa and Norifreeter.
Dec 7, 2012 2:04 PM

Nov 2010
An entire episode devoted to Game of life which I recognized as well
Lots of messages were given in this episode

The Landlady grabbing Nazuna xD
Oct 1, 2013 8:46 AM

Sep 2012
http://i.imgur.com/ZAYLwy0.jpg
Implying game-designing "pros" know anything about balance; table-top, paper-and-pencil gamers know THIS to be the opposite of truth! :)

http://i.imgur.com/RaHNxkF.png
Attaaack of the killer Sae-san!

http://i.imgur.com/xScDqtz.png
Attaaaaaack of the killer Nazuna!

http://i.imgur.com/Uqt46hZ.png
I still think Yuno's is the best.
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Aug 8, 2014 2:03 AM

Aug 2013
Chika has impeccable timing haha. I really love how natural she sounds. Great episode. So many blast from the past (which to me is just a day or two ago lol) moments. I miss Miyako's cat too!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 4, 2014 10:58 AM

May 2012
Fun board game episode :p let's see what's next!
Aug 28, 2016 7:17 PM
Aug 2008
Rabu andu pisu!

Panaru said:
I wonder if this was on purpose back in Hoshimittsu. I dunno if any of you guys listened to the mini character dramas that came with the character image albums for Hoshimittsu, but in Miyako's, it started with her having a dream.

In her dream, she and the rest of the girls were pirates on a ship looking for treasure on treasure island (Yuno was the captain, Hiro was the cook, and I think Sae was the navigator, while Miyako was first mate; I forgot what Nori and Nazuna were). Any way, on treasure island, they find Hidamari Apartments, and all the girls get confused except Miyako, who insists they start digging for treasure in the yard. So they do so and they find a treasure chest and inside is nothing but The Game of Life board game.

Maybe, but it could also be a call back to an episode in the first season, which had a lot of Game of Life imagery. The time was indicated by the spinner first displaying the hour, then the minutes, and when they got to the matsuri, the people were represented by pegs as big as they were.

It is sort-of unusual for 15-year-olds to get gray hair, but it does happen. (Of course, this is a world where silver could be a natural color, but Nori's is more of a bluish green.)

Haipa-raki-guru!

Heh, reminiscent of episode 3 of Ichigo Mashimaro, nya...

Oh, I'm sure the landlady will have you cleaning Ma-- I mean, the new first-year(')s(') room(s) when the time comes...
"Say, Tsukasa, how do you eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?"
Feb 21, 2021 10:12 AM

Feb 2020
Game of Life. This was a very entertaining episode.

SerafosJan 8, 2:10 AM
Feb 28, 2023 3:45 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh the Hidamari game, that's actually a really fun idea

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb Episode 6 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Nov 8, 2012

35 by Dealka97 »»
Apr 18, 2023 5:49 AM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb Episode 3 Discussion

Panaru - Oct 19, 2012

34 by Dealka97 »»
Apr 17, 2023 9:18 AM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb Episode 12 Discussion

MikuLove39 - Dec 21, 2012

32 by Ashhk »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:14 PM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb Episode 11 Discussion

bippo - Dec 13, 2012

28 by Ashhk »»
Feb 28, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb Episode 10 Discussion

bippo - Dec 6, 2012

19 by Ashhk »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.