Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Nov 24, 2012 6:33 PM

Jun 2012
Sebulon said:
Okay, I'll try to make this clear:

I F*CKING LOVE THIS ANIME!

HELL YA!
Nov 25, 2012 6:37 AM
Dec 2010
Me gusto ver como Rikka va evolucionando y ahora se topa con este nuevo sentimiento...
Nov 25, 2012 7:46 AM

Jul 2011
Gotta to say the issue with Rikka's self denial got swept under the rug fairly quickly but i sorta understand with the constraints they're working with. The romantic development between Rikka & Yuuta has so far felt like a natural progression and this episode was no exception. it may have been cliché at times but it was executed superbly.
Nov 25, 2012 10:58 AM

Apr 2011
This show is far exceeding my expectations, I'm actually really looking forward to next weeks episode.
Nov 25, 2012 12:20 PM

May 2009
ImagineThat said:
Gotta to say the issue with Rikka's self denial got swept under the rug fairly quickly but i sorta understand with the constraints they're working with.

I suspect this will come into play once their relationship really gets underway. If her self-denial fuels her 8th grader syndrome, then it will come into play if Yuuta wishes to cure her of it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2012 1:21 PM

Jan 2011
This was done so well, I just watched Little Busters episode 8 and was ranting about how bad the animation was (and the direction is awful too) imo.
Even though I would say that the source material is sort of similar, since I consider them both slice-of-life with comedy so far, although this show might have a love end where as LB will probably have a happy friends end. The drama was here was small enough to be ignored for me and could just as well not have been there at all. I'm looking forward to more, KyoAni always makes entertaining stuff.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 25, 2012 4:11 PM

Jan 2012
a spark of love has begun in rikka's heart... doki doki.. waku waku LOL

while yuuta looks panic about her change of attitude. good luck for them lol
Nov 25, 2012 8:41 PM

May 2012
Now that was a cute episode.
Nov 25, 2012 11:22 PM
Feb 2012
Whoever said Yuuta will end up with Rikka. Its comedy after all, why not troll everyone?
Nov 26, 2012 5:00 AM

Mar 2008
Baconzombie said:
NNick said:
All Kyoto Animation animes are pretty much the same. Have seen one have seen them all.

What ever happened to that Hyouka show? I remember dropping it on episode 3.
As far as I remember it was another generic school anime.

The show does has generic elements (like forming the club, etc.) but those points aren't as emphasized as other points to the show. With all the girls introduced in the show, they could've taken the easy way out by just making all the girls want yuuta's dick and we'd just call it a day there (and it would sell too). However, with chuunibyou they took the effort to differentiate each "couple." Whether it's the awkward interactions between the two airheads (kumin and isshiki), the conflict between dekomori and nibutani (who have grown to complement each other perfectly), or the adorable development between yuuta and rikka, this show is anything but a "generic school anime."

Trust me, I've watched enough retardedly generic school-related shows to have an idea. The thing that makes chuunibyou a great show is that to an average viewer, you're going to have an absolute blast watching every episode. (oh were the braincells lost in the beginning 5 eps in a good way)

As for the all kyoani shows are pretty much the same part, that is true to a certain degree. Basically they've never strayed from the "school" setting, but what they do with each show is unique in its own way. (ie: the touching, sad drama when they adapted clannad; the friendship themed k-on, the pure comedy of nichijou, the reference-reliant comedy lucky star, the mellow mystery/light romance of hyouka, and the absolute nonsensical with a romantic twist of chuunibyou to name some)

This This This
Nov 26, 2012 6:57 AM

Aug 2012
Their feelings are now coming in to play... YES!!!
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Nov 26, 2012 7:22 AM

Jul 2011
Toooo cutee. I still hnng whenever I see loli Rikka. I liked Rikka a lot during the first few episodes of Chuunibyou, but after a while.. Dekomori outshined. She's still and OKAY character.. just a little too.. typical? No doubt TOO cute in this episode though. Pounding walls and palms to get rid of the cuteness. I just can't handle too much cuteness. I'm too otaku/faggoty/obsessive when it comes to 2D.

loli Rikka in episode 8 and ova > old Rikka though. But DekomoriDEATH > all.
ラウラ・ボーデヴィッヒ ♥
Nov 26, 2012 8:25 AM

Aug 2012
Cuteness level. So freaking high.!
Nov 26, 2012 12:22 PM

Apr 2011
Baconzombie said:
NNick said:
All Kyoto Animation animes are pretty much the same. Have seen one have seen them all.

What ever happened to that Hyouka show? I remember dropping it on episode 3.
As far as I remember it was another generic school anime.

The show does has generic elements (like forming the club, etc.) but those points aren't as emphasized as other points to the show. With all the girls introduced in the show, they could've taken the easy way out by just making all the girls want yuuta's dick and we'd just call it a day there (and it would sell too). However, with chuunibyou they took the effort to differentiate each "couple." Whether it's the awkward interactions between the two airheads (kumin and isshiki), the conflict between dekomori and nibutani (who have grown to complement each other perfectly), or the adorable development between yuuta and rikka, this show is anything but a "generic school anime."

Trust me, I've watched enough retardedly generic school-related shows to have an idea. The thing that makes chuunibyou a great show is that to an average viewer, you're going to have an absolute blast watching every episode. (oh were the braincells lost in the beginning 5 eps in a good way)

As for the all kyoani shows are pretty much the same part, that is true to a certain degree. Basically they've never strayed from the "school" setting, but what they do with each show is unique in its own way. (ie: the touching, sad drama when they adapted clannad; the friendship themed k-on, the pure comedy of nichijou, the reference-reliant comedy lucky star, the mellow mystery/light romance of hyouka, and the absolute nonsensical with a romantic twist of chuunibyou to name some)

At least a pure honest opinion appears and it's super effective!
Nov 26, 2012 5:13 PM

May 2011
There were a lot of nice and cute moments in this ep, especially with the way Rikka was acting towards the end. But ehhh I just can't find myself to like this romance between these two.

I need more Shinka tbh.
Nov 27, 2012 9:21 AM

Feb 2012
katsucats said:
Well, I don't read MAL information, and I don't pay attention to what studio produced what, so I never made that KyoAni ----> romcom connection until it was pointed out to me. I usually judge anime by the content itself, but maybe I will have to start noticing the studio and avoid them like Adam Sandler movies.

w...what?? I rarely pay attention to what studio produced what, but not reading anything at all about the anime before watching it? I thought everyone had their preferences so judging an anime by its 'GENRE' seems idiotic to me. That's like someone starting a mecha series, then moaning about the amount of robots in it because they're not a fan of it lol? It clearly says 'Romance' 'Comedy' in the genres, so I honestly suggest checking that before picking up new shows, it seems more understandable than wasting your time to suddenly be disappointed later....

As for this episode, it was even better than usual. Loved the sniffing and touching hair scenes, uhhhhh Rikka my queen come sniff my clothes
Nov 27, 2012 9:28 AM

Jun 2012
moonbby said:
katsucats said:
Well, I don't read MAL information, and I don't pay attention to what studio produced what, so I never made that KyoAni ----> romcom connection until it was pointed out to me. I usually judge anime by the content itself, but maybe I will have to start noticing the studio and avoid them like Adam Sandler movies.

w...what?? I rarely pay attention to what studio produced what, but not reading anything at all about the anime before watching it? I thought everyone had their preferences so judging an anime by its 'GENRE' seems idiotic to me. That's like someone starting a mecha series, then moaning about the amount of robots in it because they're not a fan of it lol? It clearly says 'Romance' 'Comedy' in the genres, so I honestly suggest checking that before picking up new shows, it seems more understandable than wasting your time to suddenly be disappointed later....

As for this episode, it was even better than usual. Loved the sniffing and touching hair scenes, uhhhhh Rikka my queen come sniff my clothes

I believe the genre doesn't say much about an anime. There are so many animes like Madoka, Higurashi, Bakemonogatari and Haruhi that are a lot more than just its genres or even their episodes.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Nov 27, 2012 9:38 AM

Jul 2010
Uh oh, Rikka's starting to fall for Yuuta! I really wonder how a relationship with such a weirdo will turn out. Nibutani has been saying it all along and she may up ending being right.

Nov 27, 2012 1:27 PM

Mar 2011
Ahh! That was very warming for the heart!

I love this fun show that's a nice easy ride. Less traumatic than (or will be, I know Visual Key's style) Little Busters and less to have to think about than Shinsekai Yori.

Plus, Rikka is too cute for words.

EDIT: Spelling
Nov 27, 2012 1:42 PM

Feb 2012
Kyube said:
moonbby said:
katsucats said:

I believe the genre doesn't say much about an anime. There are so many animes like Madoka, Higurashi, Bakemonogatari and Haruhi that are a lot more than just its genres or even their episodes.

Ah no, Im not arguing that the genres they're classed as perfectly describe what the anime's like, however if they're classed as 'romance' and 'comedy' you should expect a bit of 'romance' and 'comedy' right? it might not say a lot about an anime, but it gives you some sort of understanding on what to expect just a little bit? I just cant understand why you'd start watching something based off its title and cover, it's a waste of time.
also,
Madoka - classed as Magic, Psychology, Thriller - there's magic, psychological and thriller like themes
Higurashi - classed as Mystery, Horror, Psychological, Thriller - there's mystery, there's horror, there's psychological thriller like themes
Bakemonogatari - Mystery, Romance, Supernatural - there's mystery, there's romance and there's supernatural elements
Haruhi - Comedy, Mystery, Parody, School, Sci-Fi, Slice of Life - once again... there's comedy, mystery so on and so on.
do you get what I'm trying to say?
erochanNov 27, 2012 1:51 PM
Nov 27, 2012 1:55 PM
Feb 2012
The preview is up. Looks as if the previous episode was the climax of this whole show, downhill from here.
Nov 27, 2012 3:27 PM

Apr 2011

NNick said:
The preview is up. Looks as if the previous episode was the climax of this whole show, downhill from here.

I guess you're kidding since you can't judge it exactly about what's coming... I'm pretty sure this anime will have better moments, they know what they're doing with this show and I'm sure I'll be amazed once again. In the next episode it seems Rikka is asking for help about her confusion of love so it's like a "calm before the storm (of love)" so you can't ask for a cute yet lovely moments spam that would ruin the enjoyment.
Nov 27, 2012 3:46 PM
Feb 2012
Yeah, but only 4 more episodes to go.
Nov 27, 2012 5:14 PM

Apr 2011
It's enough, still I dont know if there's space for a second season yet I prefer this to end within the next 4 episodes.
Nov 28, 2012 7:25 AM

Jul 2012
Awesome episode again ^^
Nov 28, 2012 8:03 AM

Nov 2012
Very sweet and cute episode.
I'm still blushing because of it. b(^///u///^)d

alphtheladNov 28, 2012 8:10 AM
Nov 28, 2012 11:01 PM

Dec 2008
Woah, that episode. That ending. That Rikka.

I'm excited to see where this goes. I really hope they end up together before the end, because it will be cuteness overload.

Also, "doki doki suru! waku waku suru! bakuhatsu suru!" I laughed hard at that one.
Nov 29, 2012 5:14 AM
Dec 2011
i really liked this episode! The fight scenes in this series in general are so well done, i like how this anime never takes itself too seriously and i think that is what makes it so great, that and the characters are awesuuumm
Nov 29, 2012 11:25 AM

Feb 2010
Much love for this episode from me, possibly even my favorite of the show so far.
Dat Ending <3
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 1, 2012 12:58 PM

Dec 2009
Damn that smile, gonna kill me.
Dec 3, 2012 1:28 PM

Apr 2008
The last 10 seconds worth the entire episode! What a couple those two.
Dec 5, 2012 7:25 AM

Apr 2009
Reality is even stranger than your imagination Yuuta! You're expectations is being fulfilled without you knowing it. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 19, 2012 2:27 AM

Apr 2009
"Lovestruck"

I didn't expect Rikka to actually catch a train to return all the way home. That little night "date" in the park was cute. And not the first time an "indirect kiss" happened, either. The young delusional maiden has fallen in love with Yuuta.
Dec 21, 2012 2:07 PM

Nov 2011
I dunno, for some reason the romance that this anime presents isn't as good as I would have hoped =X.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 24, 2012 5:27 PM

May 2012
Rikka in love? Nice episode a bit of a sweet side to the series is always nice :) They put it nice in motion as well, lets see how it develops in the next episode!

Dat Pentagram :3
Dec 26, 2012 9:36 PM

Apr 2012
that was so... so...
ADORABLE!
oh my god the relationship between them has become so much more romantically intense, it's wonderful! I really hope they can be together by the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2012 6:52 AM

Dec 2012
the ending of this episode was very good.

The shirt smells of Yuuta. LOL
Jan 1, 2013 9:56 PM

Sep 2011
Love that OST man...
Feb 27, 2013 12:45 PM

Sep 2010
I really thought Rikka would kiss Yuuta..
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Apr 10, 2013 9:33 AM

Sep 2012
They are both so adorable holy shit.
Apr 23, 2013 5:11 AM
Jul 2018

Rikka is falling in love with him! *kyaaa*
What a nice episode. :3
Apr 25, 2013 4:44 PM

Sep 2010
This episode was so cute she is falling for him. <3 Shipping Rikka and Togashi hard
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 26, 2013 1:58 PM

Mar 2013
A sweet and cute episode, after the last sad episode... Like it ! :3♥

"An Eye for an Eye, a Tooth for a Tooth, and Evil for Evil."

May 14, 2013 6:57 AM

Aug 2008
I think that there was a moment in this ep when it flashbacked to Yuuta's past that the OST reminded me a lil of Clannad. :>

D'aww the end. So friggin' cute.

I love how outrageous the fight scenes are.
May 31, 2013 3:54 AM

Apr 2013
A fun episode indeed. Rikka has fallen for Yuuta. The part when she was sniffing his shirt was amusing. And that song in the train was nice.
Jul 3, 2013 5:15 PM

Sep 2011
Cute episode, even though I don't like Rikka all that much.
Jul 3, 2013 5:37 PM

Oct 2012
I got so addicted to the series during this.
Aug 20, 2013 10:08 PM

Jul 2013
This was a nice episode for Rikka and Yuuta, Rika was cute when she started thinking about Yuuta, and it seems that she's starting to fall for him, I thought it was kind of funny when he thought that she was going to kiss him. But this was a nice episode, too bad Makoto didn't get the same outcome with Kumin.
Sep 3, 2013 2:34 AM

Aug 2009
love the ecchi dog

a piece of my heart died when rikka said "don't go"

this is going well :)
Sep 22, 2013 8:57 AM
May 2013
Red_Keys said:
They are both so adorable holy shit.

Rikka is so cute. Now I like more RikkaxDark Flame Master than YuutaxNibutani.

I want to see more KuminxIsshiki.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

672 by Ne-mo »»
Apr 20, 1:40 PM

» What would've happened to Rika if Yuuta hadn't reached out to her at the end of the season 1 finale

Soibi - Mar 10

7 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 17, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2012

323 by Zimmu »»
Mar 13, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2012

431 by Devonnius »»
Feb 25, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 12, 2012

489 by FarCritical »»
Feb 22, 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.