Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2008 2:09 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
SUBS ARE out! I like it even more! Good story advance even if it still drags a little. We are introduced to Tyrandia kingdom and its Grand Duchess Laetitia.

The story was very emotional!

OMG WTF is up at the end. Why the Hell did they not escape Erwin and Laetitia

R.I.P LAETITIA!
angel999Nov 10, 2008 7:10 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 9, 2008 11:41 PM

Aug 2008
interesting side story. I guess it shows that not all people are unhappy with the way Tytania does things.

Takes a fair bit of brainwashing i guess.
Gaming dabblings: iRO Chaos, US Pangya, iRO Valkyrie, KR Pangya

*^will fix this monstrosity later*
Nov 10, 2008 2:04 AM

Feb 2008
Wow, did not see that end coming.

Well I'm thinking I know which Duke I like now ... Jouslain, he was definitely awesome in this episode.
Nov 10, 2008 2:09 AM

Jan 2008
The show finally starts to pick up the pace.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Nov 10, 2008 2:54 AM

Jan 2008
Excellent episode with the focus shifting back to Tytania.
Nov 10, 2008 3:43 AM

Aug 2008
Wasn't expecting that ending, better episode than the previous one, though
Nov 10, 2008 4:56 AM

Mar 2008
That was a good episode, it's raising my interest in Tytania. I do wonder where they are all going with this but for now i'll sit and watch by.

MAL list updates
Nov 10, 2008 6:21 AM

May 2008
I didn't liked the duchess but I surely loved the final part of the episode.

I don't know if I should love or hate the Tytania Dukes.

I wonder if Miranda and Fan will join tyrandia against tytania
Nov 10, 2008 6:42 AM

Jan 2008
Soulstrider said:
I wonder if Miranda and Fan will join tyrandia against tytania
I doubt that would happen. Tyrandia will almost undoubtedly be defeated, but its importance is in sparking of the chain of rebellions that will eventually end Tytania. The best Tyrandia can hope for is a defeat that's not total.

Fan will probably only join in when things are already in motion.
Nov 10, 2008 6:53 AM

Jun 2008
it was kinda boring episode.

what a sad ending.
Nov 10, 2008 9:25 AM

Mar 2008
Great episode. That's the kind of story style I was hoping for. But they still have a long way to go.

Though I am wondering a bit that they have the space to insert small side stories when there are only 26 episodes. I mean this is not a 110 episode anime where they have much room for side stories supporting the big picture.
Nov 10, 2008 12:44 PM

Aug 2008
That episode was all over the place. Along with pointless character development for side characters who died at the end of the episode. Very disappointing.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 10, 2008 12:48 PM
Jun 2007
The lack of bloodbaths in this series was the reason why the Duchess' death didn't have as much impact as it should have. It felt like 'meh. finally this show now back to focusing Tytania again' when I first saw that scene.
Nov 10, 2008 2:38 PM

Jul 2008
Avarice said:
The lack of bloodbaths in this series was the reason why the Duchess' death didn't have as much impact as it should have. It felt like 'meh. finally this show now back to focusing Tytania again' when I first saw that scene.

I don't think I could quote this enough. Still sad though.

The episode itself wasn't bad, it just... I dunno. As stated, it does show that not everyone is unhappy with how Tytania does things, however more people are. The Duke to watch will also be Jouslain, but I've been calling that since episode one. I was just a little unhappy with character development on characters they turned around and killed five minutes later. That's not to say I don't see why they did it, but the scene wasn't nearly as dramatic as it could have been.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Nov 10, 2008 3:01 PM

May 2008
Although most of this episode was boring it was an important episode to lay ground for future conflicts (i think that lay grounds is the correct expression :P )
Nov 10, 2008 3:54 PM

Jul 2008
Well Tytania is not that bad, I'm guessing that the blonde duke will start a coup d'etat then will take Tytania over and will be the real bad guy of the show, the other duke don't seem really bad.
Nov 11, 2008 6:06 AM

Oct 2008
this was a great episode I liked it a lot loved how they killed off the dutchess like that was a little sad when Erwin joined in though. It was also nice to see that not all the Tytania people are whiney and mediocre at strategy and that they're willing to do die for their clan... Poor Fan though MIranda's cooking isn't really that great she should've just called it scrambled eggs with a side of vegetables or something not an omlette like she did felt a little bad for him dealing with a cook who can't cook what they say they made lol
Nov 11, 2008 9:47 AM

Jul 2007
Woah, I loved this episode. What a sad ending though, I wasn't really expecting that to happen to them too ;_;
Although now, I think I've grown to like Jouslain alot more since this episode. When he was kidnapped I knew he'd have something up his sleeve :D I want to see where this anime will go now, obviously this add's more layer to whats happening.

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Nov 11, 2008 3:45 PM

Feb 2005
This is madness!
THIS IS TYTAAANIAAAAA!

I did love this one. Jouslain seems to be the most awesome of the Dukes this far, as most others seems to agree with.
As for Idris, I think I smell some sociopathic tendencies hidden there. He sure seems to like violence at any rate. And obsessed with daggers.
Nov 11, 2008 3:46 PM

Apr 2008
Woow O.o
It's weird having characters being introduced and killed in the same episode... I'm wondering where this will take us... Yeah, it's showing how small groups start to think in defeating Tytania since the battle and what's suppose to mean being Tytania, but still... Let's see...
Anyway, nice episode x3 The last one wasn't that good so this was nice =)
Lumi-chanNov 11, 2008 6:58 PM
Nov 11, 2008 6:51 PM
Apr 2008
Cool ending. Can i just state my opinion that jouslain is the best person in tytania, just the best
Nov 11, 2008 9:02 PM

Jun 2007
maxime1007 said:
Well Tytania is not that bad, I'm guessing that the blonde duke will start a coup d'etat then will take Tytania over and will be the real bad guy of the show, the other duke don't seem really bad.

I don't know, Jouslain has been second guessing what it means to be a Tytania since episode one. Theres no doubt that he knows what he's doing and has the qualifications to be the next leader, however it seems like his goal is something a bit less dictatorish. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the last one to fight Fan not for the sake of Tytania but for his own resolve. The blond guy does seem like he's gonna do something crazy at some point lol.
Nov 11, 2008 10:29 PM

Dec 2007
Good epiosde, I wasn't expecting that ending. Jouslain is an interesting character.
Nov 12, 2008 1:33 PM
Dec 2007
Definitely not on par with a LOGH episode (the flashback with Erwin and the Duchess was unnecessary) but still a great episode. The ending was very logical for anyone that knows a bit about Yoshiki Tanaka, and everything seemed right, except for the fact that it's a side story, and as Forever said, they don't have much time to spare with a side story in a 26 episodes series. But well, we got to know a bit more of Jouslain, and since he's the most interesting of the dukes and the future Clan Lord, why not?

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 14, 2008 8:36 PM

Feb 2008
Aside from the cliche childhood promise flashback, I loved this episode. Right now, Jouslain and Idris seem to be the ones competent to carry on the title of clan lord. Zarlish is a meat-head unless they start fleshing out his character more and Ariabart seems to lack both the strength and intelligence.
Nov 16, 2008 8:14 PM

May 2007
Develope characters in the course of one episode then kill then, how mean.

I hope we can get back to Fan, he is the main focus and he I can root on, these other groups are evil.
My anime list
Nov 16, 2008 9:09 PM

Aug 2008
The lack of blood at the end really took away from the Duchess and Erwin's death. They show the gun and yet no blood red water. Just didn't really strike the right tone there.

Overall, still great even though this is my first space drama show
Nov 16, 2008 10:50 PM

Nov 2007
interesting. while before jouslain was making comments about tytania being in trouble if he had to take over, makes me wonder if he would dissolve tytania's power or is it because he does not mind sacrificing lives. he may say don't sacrifice lives, but then he just left knowing that she would probably kill herself (my personal opinion)
Nov 17, 2008 2:09 AM

Jul 2008
Great episode. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Nov 19, 2008 12:09 PM

Sep 2008
Interseting plot twists. Although I kinda wish the "queen" and that attendent could have lived happly some where away from all of this instead of dying. But I guess it does show how convinced that they think tytania is, for a lack of a better word, perfect.
Nov 20, 2008 7:47 PM
Dec 2007
And Jouslain of course, realizes Tytania is far from the perfection they envisioned. Also, was it just me or was the Duchess really manipulative? First she latches onto the half tytanian kid making him promise to take her to the Tytania homebase. Afterwards she marries the Duke, possibly hoping a higher status would help her get to the Tytanian homeland. And then she sweet talks Jouslain into taking her back with him. All along she had one goal, and everyone in her life seemed to be just a pawn in achieving that goal. I didn't pity her in the least when she finally snapped.

Oct 1, 2009 10:21 PM

Jul 2008
so tytania might have another battle on its hand, too bad for the princess
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 26, 2012 5:41 AM
Dec 2010
Now i see why this show was somewhat badmouthed in random discussions on the internet. it basically does not pay enough attention to its main protagonist and deals with background stories of secondary cast instead. Seem like these guys who made it would be good at making nonlinear RPG game but for anime it's kinda unnecessary.
well I've seen 5 episodes so far so it might get different
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Nov 25, 2012 9:39 PM

Jul 2012
Mhm, well I never did like the blonde chick anyways, but I didn't expect her to die O: But what I can't figure out is if she killed herself since she was holding a gun or if the Tytandria people killed her.. :\ Now I'm not sure if she was pointing the gun towards the Tytandria people out of defense or if she was pointing the gun at herself out of suicide..
Oct 19, 2013 2:20 PM

Nov 2009
I feel bad for the gray haired dude . . . He kind of got screwed over by all of that. I mean when she wanted him to switch places with the Tytania dude I felt so bad for him. . . Anyways I'm guessing the trigger that will result in a civil war was either now or about to happen due to this event.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tytania Episode 26 Discussion

skriticos - Mar 31, 2009

49 by oooo3333 »»
May 3, 2022 2:36 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 20 Discussion

noteDhero - Mar 13, 2009

21 by Cnon »»
Feb 22, 2021 1:58 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 21 Discussion

cyruz - Mar 20, 2009

25 by Accelerator48 »»
Oct 22, 2020 6:34 AM

» Does the anime cover the entirety of the novels?

Rarestar - Jun 1, 2019

2 by Roloko »»
Jun 28, 2020 6:56 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 17 Discussion

Faust721 - Feb 14, 2009

21 by Gundam_Sage »»
Feb 5, 2019 9:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.