Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2012 11:03 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Do both of them really need to keep repeating that neither of them like to fight? .-.

And as usual awesome nii-san appears at the last second to save his precious otouto <3
May 22, 2015 12:06 AM

Jan 2011
Ugh, its becoming an annoying pattern with Ikki constantly saving Shun..Shun is a decent fighter, it's not like he can't handle himself. Now Ikki is back, yet again, in an attempt to save the day.

And Shun is always going to be that Saint who hates to fight and would rather play dead than actually kill someone..Ikki even says it himself in the Hades arc OVA.
Mar 30, 2018 1:09 PM

Jun 2016
The subs I'm using are mediocre and it was hard to understand the discussion the two had around why Mime decides to fight since both hate fighting. It's a shame there was a decrease in quality since I'm struggling to find good subs now. At least his dialogue on how if you have trust in a brother or a friend it's because you haven't been betrayed yet was understandable.

The Freya dream was a sad reminder that this is another war between two sides who don't want to kill each other. :( It illuminates the strong moral ambiguity Saint Seiya constantly shows us. It's certainly a big strength the anime has. I must say that Hilda is looking much worse than Saga was as the head honcho, but I guess she's not the real head honcho so that's okay. She seems to be a pawn for this real villain.

I thought the fight itself with Shun and Mime was great! Although Ikki showing up was predictable to some, I was certain Shun was going to win this fight. The way he got the upper hand on Mime by relying on his senses rather than his chain to find the enemy was a fascinating advancement and the kind of strategies I like to see. And then when that failed he was forced to use his only attack that didn't involve his chain, one that if I recall took out Aphrodite, yet with the God Warriors being stronger it didn't work out. Shun's shock when he saw that Mime survived was well captured.
I take it he took off his armor as a way to plea and show his honesty to Mime that he doesn't want to fight. I appreciate losses in fighting anime, we saw Shun work as hard as he could and it just wasn't enough...

The way Mime's requiem played as he was killing Shun over Saori and all the saints on their journeys was haunting!

An Ikki fight next episode looks good, his fights are always quite fun. I'm hoping for another mind crush animation like the one guy who fell in lava, or the one who saw Ikki's headless body still moving.
Mar 31, 2018 1:07 PM

Dec 2015
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
And then when that failed he was forced to use his only attack that didn't involve his chain, one that if I recall took out Aphrodite, yet with the God Warriors being stronger it didn't work out.

You're correct: the "Nebula Storm", accessorily his strongest technique (since it's a simple brutal wind crush).
A little contention point, though: the God Warriors aren't stronger than Gold Saints. They are somewhat under them in term of abilities, powers etc. (although, they've probably the full mastery of their Cosmos, aka the Seventh Sense, aka the ability to draw on the ultimate/infinite Cosmos)
Just like the next ennemy (true villain of this chapter) 's Generals are not stronger than the Gold Saints but around the same level (if they were, Athena would have never been able to keep the mortals from harm.

PS: to be fair, despite fans arguing about power contest etc (among Gold notably), St Seiya isn't about raw power/physical damages only. Example of the Gold Saints: they have all their own fortes (not only in mind) and own disadvantages. The supposedly (base don fans sayings) weakest of them, Deathmask, is able to send someone to immediate death (same can be said for Aphrodite, voted as second weakest one)

@gfsdfgsdgsdfgs My bad, then. Stupid mistake due to how dramatized the anime tried to be, I guess?
Rei_IIIMar 31, 2018 1:17 PM
Mar 31, 2018 1:12 PM

Jun 2016
Rei366 said:
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
And then when that failed he was forced to use his only attack that didn't involve his chain, one that if I recall took out Aphrodite, yet with the God Warriors being stronger it didn't work out.

You're correct: the "Nebula Storm", accessorily his strongest technique (since it's a simple brutal wind crush).
A little contention point, though: the God Warriors aren't stronger than Gold Saints. They are probably somewhat under them in term of abilities, powers etc. (although, they've probably the full mastery of their Cosmos, aka the Seventh Sense, aka the ability to draw on the ultimate/infinite Cosmos)

They explicitly stated that Syd was able to knock out Aldeberan in one single hit, and I'm confident the Saints themselves have stated a few times that these are the strongest opponents they've ever fought, that perhaps they've even spoke the words directly that they're even stronger than the Gold Saints but I can't recall for sure. I know this because it upset me that they made the Gold Saints such a joke immediately after their arc was over, as much as a joke that one could be knocked out like it was nothing!
Jan 26, 2022 4:07 AM

Jun 2020
The subs are purely trolling me all over in the last few episodes.
Mar 18, 12:58 PM

Nov 2015
gawd is so boring! this is the last thing I wish I could be doing right now 😑 the most passive and gay fight ever 2/5. I'm not enjoying this filler arc at all

💢

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 31 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 2, 2010

11 by JVskunkape »»
Today, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Who is your favorite Gold Saint?

removed-user - Aug 12, 2022

18 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 24, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 104 Discussion

Albi-kun - Mar 19, 2015

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 105 Discussion

Monad - Dec 9, 2013

7 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 112 Discussion

Monad - Jan 13, 2014

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.