Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 31, 2012 10:29 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sister is back!!

Back to school, and about Maria too perfect to see any negativeness. And it connected to being mother figured, and Maria curious about Nagi's mother, who is not liked by the grandfather because she aimed for the family's money??

Short drama about living in poor is lol~.

lol @ the whole restaurant scene: Mostly eating too much without paying, with Hina's sister, Sister, and Nagi's "sister" (wow, I just realized there are 3 "sisters" while typing this) + Hayate trying to escape from paying by force, and Hina thought her sister as the criminal.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 31, 2012 12:59 PM

Feb 2010
"Good episode...it's a good series overall, sure...except for one thing.

This series is original, unrelated to the manga...THEN WHY DOES IT USE PLOTS DIRECTLY FROM THE MANGA? (check chapters 162~164, volume 16)

I hope they have some more original plot lines starting next week...

EDIT: Btw, you can find out what Hinagiku told Hayate at the end by reading the last few pages of chapter 164."

This is what I said for episode 3 on 10-17-12, 12:25 PM.

And now we have another unoriginal part: First 7 minutes, Hayate stalking Maria.

let's play mahjong...at tenhou.net
Oct 31, 2012 1:11 PM

Sep 2011
I was laughing so hard that Hayate does think Hinagiku as a bait so that he can escape. Hayate surely knows Hinagiku very well except Hinagiku's feelings for him which is LOL.

Good episode although there are some parts that it was from the manga.

Oct 31, 2012 1:26 PM

May 2012
Good episode. I must admit they are doing a good job at keeping things funny, seemingly random, but at the same time working on the plot behind the curtains. That's the true spirit of HnG.

hayaterocks said:
"Good episode...it's a good series overall, sure...except for one thing.

This series is original, unrelated to the manga...THEN WHY DOES IT USE PLOTS DIRECTLY FROM THE MANGA? (check chapters 162~164, volume 16)

Uh... Perhaps it's because the series IS related to the manga?
I think Hata already stated that this season is covering future manga material. So, also covering a few other existing chapters seem just natural. Deep inside, it's the same HnG story anyway.

Well, according to Chiharu, Nagi DID live at "her mother's old house" for a while too. Another point for continuity, if you ask.

Sa-chan_ said:
Good episode although there are some parts that it was from the manga.

You know, the WHOLE episode was lifted from the manga, with a few changes, just like ep. 3. Take a look at chapters 105 and 106.

But... messy story is messy...
That shifting around of events can be extremely off putting... Yet, it's somehow working. So, I guess it's ok.

I think I'm starting to understand what they are trying to do. Let's see how this turns out.

On a side note, this further proves that ep 3 was made rather carelessly. The art on this episode looks just fine. Hope they can keep up with this level of quality on future episodes.
JPblueserOct 31, 2012 1:33 PM
Oct 31, 2012 1:40 PM

Sep 2011
JPblueser said:

You know, the WHOLE episode was lifted from the manga, with a few changes, just like ep. 3. Take a look at chapters 105 and 106.

I know right? It seems they're trying to make it original as possible. -_-

BTW, how come Shirosakura is already on Hinagiku's hands?

Oct 31, 2012 1:52 PM

May 2012
Sa-chan_ said:

This brings the question of why couldn't they simply stick to the chronological storyline instead of making this whole mess.

Well, the original part here is the whole deal with Ruri, Nagi's father and the Black Camellia (the last one NOT being original). If we consider this plot as the main storyline of this season, then I guess the "original story" statements aren't entirely lies.

Yeah. The Shirosakura. Well, that sword is owned by Hinagiku ever since... that certain arc (May), so I guess it's natural that she is still using it by September.

And because it seems they really want to do the "Black Camellia arc" (shall I call it like that?), then I guess this is why the time skip was necessary (this story MUST happen after the OTHER key arcs). But why they didn't animate said arcs before doing this is beyond me.
JPblueserOct 31, 2012 2:05 PM
Oct 31, 2012 2:03 PM

May 2011
So another manga adaptation huh?

I just hope Hata knows what he's doing here.
Oct 31, 2012 3:31 PM

Nov 2007
Here I was going to come and say how this was a genuinely funny episode of Hayate only to be reminded that it was mostly taken form the manga again...

Dammit Hata what is the point of this...I mean I am genuinely interested in the revelation of Nagi's father's background info but cmon now...is this what 800 pages of storyboard mean?

Regardless, whether original or not this WAS in fact a good episode. The animation remained relatively decent this time around too.
Oct 31, 2012 3:39 PM

May 2008
Pretty sure I saw Nagi playing Touhou
kyubey is watching you (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ )
Oct 31, 2012 3:54 PM

May 2011
Wow, this episode went by fast. That restaurant bill s kit was really good.
Oct 31, 2012 4:23 PM

Nov 2011
It's okay to spy on Maria tbh, Hayate. I'd also say that she would make a good mother considering her skills already as a maid.

Now, for an obligatory Ruka image:

Also, poor Hinagiku, so priceless during that ending scene before the ED song.
Stark700Oct 31, 2012 4:35 PM
Oct 31, 2012 4:25 PM

Jul 2012
Honestly, this anime isn't even original anymore. Episode 3 and this episode was not original at all. They were actual manga chapters with slight modifications and inclusion of Tsugumi. Regardless, this episode was pretty fun to watch. I want to see Ruka or IzumixHayate moments in later episodes though. Izumi is one of my favorite characters and I just can't stand seeing her with a few seconds of an appearance. I need more Ruka and Izumi!
Oct 31, 2012 4:45 PM

Aug 2009
game8910 said:
Here I was going to come and say how this was a genuinely funny episode of Hayate only to be reminded that it was mostly taken form the manga again...

Dammit Hata what is the point of this...I mean I am genuinely interested in the revelation of Nagi's father's background info but cmon now...is this what 800 pages of storyboard mean?

Regardless, whether original or not this WAS in fact a good episode. The animation remained relatively decent this time around too.

This.
Oct 31, 2012 4:56 PM

Jun 2010
;_; Totally did not make me teary.

Oct 31, 2012 4:57 PM

Apr 2012
Well, it wasn't bad, to be honest.
Dies Irae! :)
Oct 31, 2012 5:05 PM
Aug 2011
I feel like i seen the robbery part before.
Oct 31, 2012 5:25 PM

May 2011
Ok, WTF, 800 pages of new story board my ass. If they're gonna be adapting random manga chapters, why they didn't just adapt where season 2 left off, cause this really cant bring in newer viewers, and will just piss off older ones.

Dat lilith mask

RockerXDOct 31, 2012 5:58 PM
Oct 31, 2012 6:15 PM

May 2008
I loled . Also feeling so bad for Hayate , it seems like alot of characters are only using Hayate lol.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 31, 2012 6:26 PM

Mar 2008
Well almost all of it was manga content but honestly couldn't care less. The only new scenes were anything ruka and the call to the grandfather i think. I'm glad they at least weaved that in.

Quite a funny episode. And the art's improved again overall but it's been inconsistent throughout the season.
Oct 31, 2012 7:10 PM

Feb 2012
Not a 3rd season they said. All-new story they said.

But good thing the art looks like it improved more in this episode :D
And that revelation about Nagi's father... is it really true? Might be some lie...
Oct 31, 2012 8:02 PM

Aug 2010
Those people sure can eat a lot of food.
Oct 31, 2012 8:11 PM

Nov 2007
HauntingShock said:
Not a 3rd season they said. All-new story they said.

But good thing the art looks like it improved more in this episode :D
And that revelation about Nagi's father... is it really true? Might be some lie...

The name, sounds similar to someone doesnt it?
Oct 31, 2012 9:35 PM

Dec 2010
Haven't cared for this so called original adaption at all but that said this episode was fairly enjoyable, my expectations have been shot down to nothing tho...so that may play a part in it.
Nov 1, 2012 12:39 AM

Feb 2010
haha they used the same restaurant scene as in the taiwanese drama
Nov 1, 2012 2:10 AM

Feb 2012
But tbh, I would've liked it better with the butler, sister, Hayate, and Katsura :D
Nov 1, 2012 2:51 AM

Sep 2012
This episode is finally back, if it is just a little bit, of what Hayate should be like. One important reason is I do not get to see much of that new character Ruri spoiling the fun (the last episode is also OK with a lot of Ruri but that is because it is more like a meta episode parodying otaku-dom). But I still have a hard time adjusting to the new character design, and the Ruka time and the CM sessions I still find it not so interesting.

It will be the first anime I will drop out of the 21 that I am watching this season.

PS: Thumb up for the Evangelion "Lilith Mask" worn by the robber though lol
symbvNov 1, 2012 3:01 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 1, 2012 3:49 AM

Sep 2012
It was an okay episode. The second part was good but it didn't made me laugh.
Nov 1, 2012 4:32 AM

Sep 2011
HauntingShock said:

Well, that gives me a reason to watch this at least. Regardless if they're still going to adapt some random manga chapters.
TennoujiNov 1, 2012 4:40 AM

Nov 1, 2012 5:22 AM
Sep 2011
IMO, Nagi's Father could be
Nov 1, 2012 5:26 AM

Aug 2012
It Was A Good Episode.
At Least Better Than The Last Four.
Nov 1, 2012 11:34 AM

Sep 2012
LOOOOOL!! i loved that moment where hayate used hina to escape and that moment where he was walking out like a BOUSS!! they were priceless xD
Nov 1, 2012 11:37 AM

Sep 2012
oh yes! more Hina :3 and as usual Hayate and his bad luck xD
Nov 2, 2012 7:13 AM

Apr 2008
Epic face
xD

Nov 2, 2012 8:59 AM

Jun 2010
Not original? SCREW THAT, these are the chapters I've been waiting forever to see animated! Too bad they didn't include the lead-in chapter before those...
Nov 2, 2012 11:47 AM
May 2012
hey guys, that scene where hinagiku had a flash back(around 10 -11 minutes in when hina's sister was trying to borrow money from her), which episode was that? or i guess which season if u dont remember.
scene where hayate looks like shes on a date with hinagiku, hayate poked her nose, there was a volcano and fireworks n stuff
i just wanna watch romance focused eps lol
Nov 2, 2012 12:42 PM

Jun 2012
To bad the story is moving so slowly, it's almost half of it. I wish they had enough episodes to kind of bring in Athena to the anime series.

By the way, I am the only one who likes the Ruka scenes? Even though I'm not that of a huge fan of her character, I find theese scenes so...

...deliciously pretentious. Oh my... it's SOOO pretentious, I enjoy every second of it. Good stuff. Yeah I'm a little wierd I know.

JPblueser said:
Sa-chan_ said:

This brings the question of why couldn't they simply stick to the chronological storyline instead of making this whole mess.

Well, the original part here is the whole deal with Ruri, Nagi's father and the Black Camellia (the last one NOT being original). If we consider this plot as the main storyline of this season, then I guess the "original story" statements aren't entirely lies.

Yeah. The Shirosakura. Well, that sword is owned by Hinagiku ever since... that certain arc (May), so I guess it's natural that she is still using it by September.

And because it seems they really want to do the "Black Camellia arc" (shall I call it like that?), then I guess this is why the time skip was necessary (this story MUST happen after the OTHER key arcs). But why they didn't animate said arcs before doing this is beyond me.

What's this Black Camellia you're referencing to? Is this something from the manga I've forgotten? I have a terrible memory with Hayate, I need to read the manga again... Where is it being referenced in the new series?
BillyMKNov 2, 2012 12:49 PM
Nov 2, 2012 10:04 PM

Nov 2008
Yeah, the story seems kinda random adapting manga chapters and reveling new stuff... It's funny, but I'm not sure where this will go...
Nov 3, 2012 6:29 AM

Jan 2011
Another meh-meh episode, this season is disappointing so far.
I did have some laughs though, I still Hinagiku looks really strange.

Thought that can be considered a spoiler if it's actually true:

I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 3, 2012 7:17 AM

Jun 2009
Is it just me or has the art improve greatly?

Hina actually look like Hina...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2012 8:27 AM

Jul 2008
Manglobe... wat r u doing... manglobe... staph.

Since according to some this was in the manga i'm hesitating to put the show on hold and read the manga first.
Nov 3, 2012 9:49 AM

May 2012
BillyMK said:
What's this Black Camellia you're referencing to? Is this something from the manga I've forgotten? I have a terrible memory with Hayate, I need to read the manga again... Where is it being referenced in the new series?

It was mentioned at the very beginning of ep.4, when Ruri was talking to that blue bird. As for the manga, it was mentioned on ch. 182. Last panel of page 6, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah. Well... about Ruri being inserted on these manga adaptations. I have mixed feelings about it. Sometimes it's cool for comedic purposes, like on this episode, but sometimes it's just pointless (ep. 3 comes to mind...).

KuroNoKenshi said:
Since according to some this was in the manga i'm hesitating to put the show on hold and read the manga first.

Well. To be fair, this new season has a somewhat disjointed and messy feel.
I'm afraid that, imho, watch CTMEOY before reading the manga will really lessen the impact of the story, for a few reasons (main one being that this season is set two months after the current chapters - Manga is currently on July. Anime takes place on September - so you could see it as a spoiler, in all senses).

By reading the manga, you'll have a really better idea of the story because it flows a lot more naturally. Also, an important details is that the arcs will be in their correct order. Most people who read the manga later probably will be shocked to find out that these anime adaptations totally screwed the continuity of the series. Well, for crying out loud, the "Dine and Dash" arc actually should've taken place a few days after Hina's birthday!

So, the call is yours. I have to re-read the manga myself, because I really can't remember much about earlier chapters - heh
If you want to skip the stuff already covered by S1 (first half) and S2, which I think was done pretty much faithfully on the anime, you should start from chapter 149. Although it's interesting to read the whole thing to see how much stuff they skipped/ changed on the anime.
JPblueserNov 3, 2012 10:00 AM
Nov 3, 2012 2:21 PM

Jan 2012
this episode was genius! but the art was like disproportionate at times.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Nov 3, 2012 6:58 PM

Jul 2012
Don't understand what this anime is doing!
i thought they were going to make a completely standalone story separate (or in the future timeline-wise) to the manga, but no. ditch that and remake the manga, except randomly add in tsugumi the blue haired weirdo from the future.
i don't know everything
i just know what i know...
Nov 3, 2012 7:19 PM

Jan 2008
Stopped caring and simply enjoying whats given to us. Found this episode so much fun compared to the previous.
Nov 4, 2012 10:11 AM
May 2012
hey guys do u know which episode was that flashback that hina did, when hayate poked her nose
Nov 4, 2012 1:09 PM

Oct 2009
Nagi, you are always my favorite :3 !

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Nov 4, 2012 2:37 PM

Sep 2011
ynst1nx said:
hey guys do u know which episode was that flashback that hina did, when hayate poked her nose

Episode 3 of this season.

Nov 8, 2012 3:35 PM
May 2012
arigatou gozaimasu
Nov 11, 2012 5:18 AM

Apr 2011
lolmao. Hinagiku turning white is hilarious.
Nov 23, 2012 6:27 AM
Nov 2011
How dare Sensei make Hinagiku cry!

Great episode
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

90 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 1:11 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2012

34 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2012

36 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 10:53 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2012

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2012

27 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 8:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.