Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 2, 2008 2:31 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think it was a good ending!Except they should've kissed or something lol.
Apr 8, 2009 4:04 PM

Mar 2009
Love it ^^. If they have special episode would be greats :D
Kucai82Apr 8, 2009 4:41 PM
Apr 17, 2009 2:54 PM

Oct 2008
it seems that the anime and the manga are almost the same ( I dont really know)

May 12, 2009 10:34 AM

Dec 2008
Yeah, good ending
But at least I will like see a kiss or a little of their life together T.T
May 12, 2009 10:36 AM

Feb 2008
I really liked it! I should have actually have given it a 5 of 5, but it's been so long since I've seen it...

I really enjoyed the whole series.
May 15, 2009 1:29 AM

Mar 2008
Have to say I liked the ending for this. Can debate about whether it would have been better for her to regain her memories or not. But I think that whole event served its purpose. She may not remember, but her mind got enough of a boost from it to break through. Plus it really helped develop things on Seiji's side.

At the very least glad she got back to her body. It really was breaking the people around her apart to see her in that condition. Midori might have been happy about being so close to Seiji, but it was limited. Pretty hard for Seiji to see Midori as a girlfriend as long as she was his hand.

It was easier being the hand, but it was also running away from the person she was. Her mother was right in that if she didn't change her self there she wouldn't be really happy.

Now something like a kiss wouldn't have hurt the ending, but oh well. In the end things worked out well. Midori finally got her feelings through and Seiji now has the ability to use 2 hands once more :D.
Jun 11, 2009 2:23 PM

Nov 2008
I didn't like the ending.
At first, I like the idea of the righ-hand-girlfriend. But the last 3 eps... Oh well...

Nice plot at the beggining, it definitely had a potential, sometimes it was pretty funny, and the graphic wasn't that bad when you've got used to. But there was no turning point and I think that's important in anime like that. It could be much funnier also. (I'm not an ecchi fan, but they were together ALL the time.) Seji didn't say "I love you." to Midori even at the end and there won't be a second season of this anime so I think it's an another disadvantage. (I had a "so this is it?!" feeling all the time. ) And no kiss.

To sum up: Midori no hibi is fine, sometimes romantic, sometimes funny. But not romantic enough to be a romance and not funny enugh to be a comedy. It's an anime which you watch smiling but completely forgot it the next day.
5/10
Jun 30, 2009 1:17 AM
Sep 2008
NOOO KISS :(
Jul 7, 2009 4:18 AM
Jul 2008
Ending was good, but it lacked something...

and we never got to see seiji say "i love you" to midori, isn't that what midori really wanted? he could've said it during her confession or something, that way it shows he really likes her...

Haha, anyways awesome series =D
Aug 26, 2009 5:08 AM

Jul 2009
Great just finished it.. well seeing Midori come back to her real body is great but her attitude is somewhat different than when she was still Seiji's right hand, but oh well

No romance? i don't think so, i cry when the flashback of Midori was still Seiji's right hand, so i think the drama on this anime is "the day when Midori spend her day with Seiji as his right hand, as for romance itself it's just a spice so it become nice"

Thanks for this anime, great stuff
Aug 28, 2009 10:03 PM

Jun 2009
Ending lacked emotional impact, a kiss (at LEAST a hug), her remembering what happened, SOMETHING strong. But this was a decent ending i suppose, to a very enjoyable little show. Don't think i hated a single episode, nor did i get bored watching this show at any time :)

But,

- Ending was slightly weak -1

9/10
Sep 11, 2009 2:01 PM

Feb 2009
The ending was ok not the best I've seen. People asking for kiss is such got to remember in Midori point of view it is the first time she really talked to Seiji.

I know that because she was having an out body experience made her forget everything, but it did help create a strong bond between the two which is lucky for Seiji who got really a big head start.
Oct 10, 2009 3:24 AM
Sep 2009
simplestickz said:
Ending was good, but it lacked something...

and we never got to see seiji say "i love you" to midori, isn't that what midori really wanted? he could've said it during her confession or something, that way it shows he really likes her...

Haha, anyways awesome series =D

I know I was put out he didn't say so.I'm shure if his siter would have spyed on him would have make seiji say "he loved" midori....ggrr
Oct 10, 2009 3:34 AM
Sep 2009
Masaru-sama said:

"I dont get to know if midori ever gets to read her diary, so she can recover her past :S "

Perhaps Seiji saw it a second chance to live the past events as a funcional couple.
Nov 23, 2009 12:00 AM

Apr 2008
The ending was not bad nor that good. All os uf romance fanatics would of course wanted a kiss or something during the series, but to also consider the fact that she forgot about everything as his right hand kinda says it there, since they meet up at the last episode like some other typical kind of like comedy- romance series.

The show did have a good feeling to it, but then again,nothing special that made the show stand out in any way. 7/10 I would say to be a decent ranking of this.
Jan 15, 2010 3:50 PM
Dec 2008
hyptocalus said:
The ending was not bad nor that good. All os uf romance fanatics would of course wanted a kiss or something during the series, but to also consider the fact that she forgot about everything as his right hand kinda says it there, since they meet up at the last episode like some other typical kind of like comedy- romance series.

The show did have a good feeling to it, but then again,nothing special that made the show stand out in any way. 7/10 I would say to be a decent ranking of this.

Your ever so wrong, this series was unlike any other, and the ending maybe could of been more romantic or eventful but I still loved it.
Feb 17, 2010 8:36 AM

Jul 2009
Danuflo said:
Yeah, good ending
But at least I will like see a kiss or a little of their life together T.T

exactly!! I was so hoping for that!!!

but its also good maybe that it didn't happen because they are both fragile lovers ;)
Feb 17, 2010 1:49 PM

Aug 2008
Alrite series. Some touching moments. Shoulda kissuu'd at the end though. >.>
Mar 6, 2010 6:56 AM
Jul 2008
Kirk-E said:
Shoulda kissuu'd at the end though. >.>

indeed bb ~ :3

but it's 10/10. animation probably doesn't deserves it, but it's such a funny story and innovative approach i had to give it that rating.
Mar 17, 2010 3:37 AM

Jun 2009
The opening was pretty sad, remembering how they use to enjoy the morning with each other and now gone.

The horror entrance of Rin, I was caught with that too.

Oct 5 - Dec 18 of memories now gone

But even though the happy ending is quite short I was happy with it

7 or 8 /10

The ending ends with the manga, but some of them wasn't shown here like the meet ups, Taka with a new doll (must see)
ZinvyMar 17, 2010 4:06 AM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Mar 28, 2010 5:23 PM

Feb 2010
Very good ending, i hope they will make an ova o especial:).
Mar 31, 2010 12:19 AM

Apr 2009
The ending is good..they should have kissed..
and about Midori chan..I like her attitude when she is still Seiji's right hand..

9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2010 12:42 PM
Apr 2010
Enjoyed watching this anime, finished it in a day. Funny parts and also sad part. Guess the ending's acceptable too, cos Midori lost her memory.. while watching it halfway I have a random thought thinking that if she lost her memory it'd be sad LOL .

Overall 9/10 ! Worth watching for me .
May 4, 2010 8:38 PM

Nov 2009
Very unique in it's own way in retrospect. However the ending, while true to the manga, did not really satisfy me. I think that Midori losing her memory was an interesting twist, but the fact that after all that time together we only get a confession from Seiji is a bit frustrating.
As a whole i laughed at lot in certain places, but not constantly through every episode. Along with the absurdity of hiding Midori from everyone for three months, and living life that way, it seemed sort of exaggerated to make the plot work. i will give this a 3/5 for story, 4/5 entertainment. Total 7/10.
May 30, 2010 3:29 AM
Nov 2009
minwonderland said:
To sum up: Midori no hibi is fine, sometimes romantic, sometimes funny. But not romantic enough to be a romance and not funny enugh to be a comedy. It's an anime which you watch smiling but completely forgot it the next day.
5/10

pretty much sums it up

but it was enjoyeble 6/10 and first 3~ was very awsome
Jun 6, 2010 2:05 AM

Sep 2007
I would give it a 7 at lest. It wasn't as good the 2nd time around, since I already new what was going to happen, but it was still a nice story and the character interactions were funny.

Jun 8, 2010 5:37 AM

Sep 2009
Made me cry :(
i really liked the ending of this anime and enjoyed all of it :D
awesome anime :)

Jun 11, 2010 3:31 AM

Sep 2008
Really liked the series.
Good, weird funny story! And I liked the ending.
But yes Seiji should have said I love you to Midori
Jun 15, 2010 5:57 AM

Jan 2008
I enjoyied it and glad I finally finished it. This was a series "left over" from the days I watched anime on youtube (4 years ago?) any way, episode were not always easy to find and I had started this and soon lost track of it.

Too bad to, cause it's a cute little romantic comedy with an inventive plot device.
Jun 22, 2010 11:54 AM

Jun 2010
A great end and still a disappointing end...

Jun 23, 2010 8:29 AM

Jul 2009
I wish there was a greater explanation of how she became Seiji's hand, but oh well... I enjoyed the series
Jun 28, 2010 7:05 PM

Mar 2010
This one actually made me cry when Midori finally had the courage to confess to Seiji that she loves him.
NaruPJul 13, 2010 9:55 PM

Aug 31, 2010 12:40 AM

Jul 2009
Great hilarious anime, but it could have had much more love tension towards the ending if only they made more episodes.

however the ending was alright
Sep 21, 2010 2:47 PM
Aug 2010
A weird story but I really enjoyed the whole anime.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Oct 6, 2010 8:21 PM

Apr 2010
kissy kissy? awww....
guess not
but neway I loved it not my genre really but i like a little comedy every now and again 2 get that horror psychological feeling off my mind.
.......they really should have kissed
[Catchy, cool, insightful quote]
Oct 28, 2010 1:33 PM

Dec 2007
It was nice...the ending was ok. They made it quite interesting without the kiss and Midori's memories...I liked it cuz it turned out different from what I've expected ^^
Dec 21, 2010 5:44 PM
Jun 2010
hmm the anime was great, i was waitting for a normal ending, she comes back to her body, they meet up again and go out with eachother the end, and she woould be like senji-kun, remember when we did this and this etc, and the worst thing ever happened, she lost her memories, ahh cmon people, i wouldnt mind if she lost her memories and then regained them when she saw him next to the gate but to forget completely, tht is ridiculous and im very pissed off right now, hated the ending cos of tht one thing, it like tries to show us tht there was no need in getting into all these episodes as much, all tht for nothing and she forgot everything, im sooo sad now TT__TT
Jan 4, 2011 4:02 PM

Feb 2009
Great anime,8/10.
Zinvince said:
The horror entrance of Rin, I was caught with that too.

Me too,lol.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Jan 16, 2011 11:14 PM
Apr 2009
First of all i have to say i liked this anime, mainly because it doesn't have the characters have some miraculous "change".(though some animes can pull this off) It touches on the very real aspect of people not able or willing to be themselves. If I were to find a problem with this episode it would have to be the ending, problem being there was not so much a clear cut ending.(like a kiss or "I love you") They went so far as to point out the importance of a first kiss or how important it was to say "I love you" to the person you love, but they do nether. all this aside I found this anime to be very enjoyable.
Mar 31, 2011 5:47 AM

Mar 2009
I really liked the ending. Overall it was an awesome series.
Apr 10, 2011 11:32 PM

Jul 2010
well thats the end of that. she atleast confessed, and it semed to have worked. also good to see the cat also got someone in the end, lol

Apr 20, 2011 5:47 PM

Oct 2009
I liked the ending. It was really similar to the manga. But overall, I'd say the manga is better. Some stuff seemed funnier, and there are a lot of characters that didn't show up in the anime. I'll give it a 7/10
May 26, 2011 2:29 PM

May 2008
I also wanted a kiss :/
But it was cute indeed~
Jun 15, 2011 8:43 AM

Jun 2011
Alright ending. Could have been a longer happyend though. Had many questions unanswered. Overall Ill give it a 9/10. Enjoyed the series.
Jul 15, 2011 1:37 AM

Jan 2011
The anime adaption suprised me, I was expecting some standard "we could possibly continue this if it makes enough money" ending, but hey we get a real ending. In my opinion though the manga is better.
Jul 19, 2011 9:38 PM

Aug 2010
Awww i wanted a kiss scene D:

8/10 this anime was quite enjoyable
Jul 29, 2011 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
minwonderland said:
5/10

This is about where I am at after just finishing the series. Also, I found myself laughing at a lot of stuff not because it was inherently funny, but because it was just absurd. Which could be taken as a good thing considering the premise. But I dunno.
Aug 17, 2011 3:15 AM

Aug 2008
Would've been nice if Seiji at least said "I love you too" to her.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Sep 17, 2011 7:24 PM
Apr 2009
Great show.
I really loved it.
It would be great if all romance anime were just like this one.
Mar 29, 2012 3:44 PM

Nov 2011
Overall I enjoyed it but what I was kind of disappointed about in the ending is that Seiji didn't say "I love you" to her in the end. If I recall from an earlier episode Midori beat Seiji at rock paper scissors and had to do whatever she asked.. In this case she really wanted to hear him say I love you, but he dodges it and says maybe another time.. I seriously thought that that scene was just foreshadowing a super happy ending with Seiji confessing his love to her as well! Other then that though it was enjoyable, different from the norm. lol
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Midori no Hibi Episode 3 Discussion

Juliab - Feb 22, 2008

26 by Ihavenotagreedt »»
Jan 28, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Midori no Hibi Episode 2 Discussion

notestinet - Nov 9, 2008

32 by Ihavenotagreedt »»
Jan 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Midori no Hibi Episode 1 Discussion

notestinet - Nov 9, 2008

35 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Dec 27, 2023 8:17 AM

Poll: » Midori no Hibi Episode 4 Discussion

Juliab - Feb 22, 2008

26 by KingOfPneumos »»
Sep 10, 2023 1:12 AM

Poll: » Midori no Hibi Episode 12 Discussion

brinan - Aug 28, 2009

24 by MizuhoKamui »»
May 15, 2022 8:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.