Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 27, 2012 12:07 PM

Apr 2012
So many people have said Sword Art Online but it is pretty much true.
Dies Irae! :)
Oct 27, 2012 12:12 PM

Nov 2010
Ecchi comedies are my guilty pleasure, they're so bad and repetitive but I still enjoy them and even laugh.
Oct 27, 2012 1:19 PM

Jul 2012
Yes, for me it's Naruto. Very annpying and cliche characters, asspulls and the pacing is really off sometimes but I still enjoy it xD
Jan 30, 2013 9:33 PM

Jul 2012
I think there can be some bad episodes, they just seem so out of place they make me laugh I see this more as I get into more Anime.
Jan 30, 2013 9:36 PM
Oct 2012
Definitely. Some anime despite the shitty ass plot have, for example beautiful animation or maybe are just hilarious. Although an anime can be bad it can still be worth watching. That's why in anime you have to be specific. :)
Jan 30, 2013 9:42 PM
Oct 2012
OOO i just found an example that sort of fits this. Mayo Chiki! this anime had a decent plot that had potential but ended completely wrong. Despite the ending and some plot holes i sincerely enjoyed it completely and would pay for another season.
Jan 30, 2013 10:05 PM

Mar 2012
Well of course. Have you ever heard of masochism? Some people such as myself enjoy watching crap.

For example, Guilty Crown. It's ideas had no originality, the plot had more holes than Swiss cheese, the characters were just a bunch of tropes compiled together without any sort of personality and it was just an incredibly stupid show overall. It's a bad show. But I really enjoyed it. It was terribly amazing.
Jan 30, 2013 10:17 PM

Mar 2012
SquadmemberRitsu said:
Well of course. Have you ever heard of masochism? Some people such as myself enjoy watching crap.

For example, Guilty Crown. It's ideas had no originality, the plot had more holes than Swiss cheese, the characters were just a bunch of tropes compiled together without any sort of personality and it was just an incredibly stupid show overall. It's a bad show. But I really enjoyed it. It was terribly amazing.
Same here. I enjoying Guilty Crown despite it's many plot hole.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 30, 2013 10:20 PM

Jan 2013
If you mean "so bad it's good" kind of anime, then why not?

1.Needless - Seriously, fights over fights over jokes over the fights. And still being extremely kickass with the characters.

2.Sword Art Online - I watched only the first 4-5 episodes. The premise of the game quickly get changed to almost becoming a "genre shift". But it's entertaining nonetheless.

Jan 30, 2013 10:40 PM

Sep 2012
*implying that there is some all encompassing totally objective scale by which "good" and "bad" can be determined*

But anyway, yeah I think there can be cases where you think something is silly or dumb but still have fun watching it.
Jan 31, 2013 2:18 AM
Aug 2011
Vividred Operation.

Its so hilariously bad that its very enjoyable.

The same can be applied to the legendary INFERRUNO COPPU
Jan 31, 2013 3:30 AM

Nov 2011
No, thats impossible(to me).

It would imply entertainment can be 'good' or 'bad' by objective standards.
rederoinJan 31, 2013 3:43 AM

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jan 31, 2013 3:31 AM

Oct 2010
Been watching 'Tenchi Muyo! GXP' recently, and I think that anime would fit perfectly into this description. It's not good, but I still get a kick out of it.
Jan 31, 2013 3:43 AM

Jun 2011
YES.
Jan 31, 2013 3:46 AM

Sep 2011
Oh hell yah, anything can, take inferno cop for a prime example its got a budget of like 5$ and jokes you can see coming a mile away yet its easily way more entertaining and fun to watch than a lot of shows iv seen that I even found good.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 31, 2013 3:54 AM

Jan 2012
i atually found paranoia agent pretty boring, and didn't like the plot and characters... yet still found myself watching it and wanting to know what was happening, but then again... not sure if i would go as far to say i enjoyed it on some level though..
Jan 31, 2013 4:28 AM

Dec 2012
The 2nd half of SAO was quite bad, but in a way I still liked it to an extent.

Tasogare x Otome Amnesia was rubbish, bad characters, dumb plot, I still watched it all xD..
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jan 31, 2013 6:46 AM

Aug 2011
Guilty crown, recognized by the community as total shit, still watched it
kek
Jan 31, 2013 6:57 AM

Sep 2008
Cliche? I don't mind, as long as it's fun to watch. It's hard to get new ideas these days.
Bad pacing? Partially, but so long as plot moves on
Bad character development? Big problem for this story (This basically goes to Ouma Shu in Guilty Crown)
Bad storyline? Not worth watching, unless its really entertaining like Nichijou
Jan 31, 2013 7:09 AM

Sep 2012
My guilty pleasure is Kirby: Right Back at Ya'! There are very few redeeming qualities to this anime, and it has like 5 episodes of actual story out of 100. There are less than 10 episodes that aren't extremely formulaic, and they use terrible CG in some of them. It's one of the few anime I would call objectively bad, but it's really fun to watch.
Jan 31, 2013 7:10 AM

Aug 2011
ShoutaAzuma said:
Cliche? I don't mind, as long as it's fun to watch. It's hard to get new ideas these days.
Bad pacing? Partially, but so long as plot moves on
Bad character development? Big problem for this story (This basically goes to Ouma Shu in Guilty Crown)
Bad storyline? Not worth watching, unless its really entertaining like Nichijou

Actually we should emphasize on the term "Bad" each anime WILL have its merits and flaws, an anime can have shit story, shit characters, but maybe it contains excess panty shots that keeps ecchi lovers watching, it's hard to define "Bad"
kek
Jan 31, 2013 7:11 AM

Jul 2012
Yes. There is a "so bad it's good" situation out there.
See Space Transformers for details.
And no, it is not related to Transformers.
Jan 31, 2013 7:12 AM

Nov 2012
Tuchbefehl said:
Yes, for me it's Naruto. Very annpying and cliche characters, asspulls and the pacing is really off sometimes but I still enjoy it xD

Alskan said:
Ecchi comedies are my guilty pleasure, they're so bad and repetitive but I still enjoy them and even laugh.

THESE

also Mars of Destruction and Chaos;head
Jan 31, 2013 7:19 AM

Sep 2012
Depends on the genre ... I can really overlook all those facts in some comedy as long as it makes me laugh but when I want to put myself through the serious story that has depths and solid characters, there's no way for me to enjoy that anime.
A good example of the first one is Zero no Tsukaima. I think the show is really, really bad (especially 3rd season), but I still like watching it even though I know what will happen - it's somewhat fun.
A good example of the latter statement would be Guilty Crown. I know I'm probably wrong to think that way but for a show that resolves around a plot set in the serious events, nothing worked. I really couldn't find absolutely anything that I liked in the show other than the animation.
As said, it all goes from person to person. For me it's entirely based on the genre the anime is.
Jan 31, 2013 8:51 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Not for me. I only enjoy good (or at least decent) anime.
Jan 31, 2013 10:49 AM

Oct 2008
IS: Infinite Stratos
Kaze no Stigma
Heaven's Lost Property

...to name a few. Of course, I don't think any of those are all those things mentioned in the opening post.
Jan 31, 2013 11:08 AM

Apr 2012
I believe so, Mars of Destruction and Zoids Genesis are terrible, but I'll be damned if they didn't make me laugh.
Jan 31, 2013 11:14 AM

Aug 2010
Strike Witches
Girls und Panzer
Mars of Destruction.

Going into terribad anime blind on Netflix with my friends is my favorite way to spend an evening.
Jan 31, 2013 11:25 AM

Dec 2012
Case and point, Highschool of the Dead.
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
Jan 31, 2013 11:48 AM

Oct 2012
Jovoo said:

This show is terrible, but I laughed so hard while watching it. If nothing else it makes for good wallpaper.

Jan 31, 2013 12:20 PM

Feb 2012
Princess Lover is horrible but I still enjoyed it.
Jan 31, 2013 12:37 PM

Jan 2013
steaminferno said:
I think you should rate an anime purely on how much you enjoyed it. If you don't then the answer to your question is yes since some of the things you rate it on might not matter to you that much.

I definitely agree with this. I really try not to rate the anime I watch by analyzing the plot, art, music, etc. If I liked it, I'll give it a good score. That's all there is to it, IMO

Anyway, Guilty Crown had billions of plot inconsistencies, but I enjoyed it
Jan 31, 2013 12:44 PM

Jun 2012
Bad but enjoyable anime=Bakemonogatari the story takes forver to finally get to the good parts and even once it does you still are kind of bored. Yet every episode you wait for the next.
Jan 31, 2013 1:26 PM

Nov 2010
SomaRukido said:
steaminferno said:
I think you should rate an anime purely on how much you enjoyed it. If you don't then the answer to your question is yes since some of the things you rate it on might not matter to you that much.

I definitely agree with this. I really try not to rate the anime I watch by analyzing the plot, art, music, etc. If I liked it, I'll give it a good score. That's all there is to it, IMO

Well I think how much you enjoy it should be a large part. But you should give credit when they have a good story, music, art, pacing, etc. For me it's about 1 or 2 points, if I enjoy an anime at an 8, but it has a good story, characters, etc then I might raise it to a 9. And the exact opposite applies, I believe the quality of those things do affect how much you enjoy it.
Jan 31, 2013 1:39 PM

Nov 2008
Gundam AGE's first generation was shit but it had quite a bit of enjoyment value.

Yu-Gi-Oh GX is below average but it has it's moments.
HoppyJan 31, 2013 1:43 PM

Jan 31, 2013 1:44 PM
Jul 2012
SAO
Jan 31, 2013 1:44 PM
Nov 2010
Hoppy said:
Gundam AGE's first generation was shit but it had quite a bit of enjoyment value.

Yu-Gi-Oh GX is below average but it has it's moments.
It's better than 5d
Jan 31, 2013 1:53 PM

Apr 2011
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
I just let my mind atrophy.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Jan 31, 2013 2:07 PM

Apr 2012
Yes. Another was very poor in terms of plot and characters, but I still had a fun time watching it.
Jan 31, 2013 3:22 PM

Jul 2012
Jovoo said:

Yes, there are anime that have bad plots, characters etc in comparison to alot of others, but most aren't trying to be anything more than just "fun" and of course they can still be enjoyable. Sometimes I want to watch something that requires minimal brain activity.
Konbu is important
Jan 31, 2013 3:32 PM

Apr 2012
Of course I can still enjoy a bad anime.

Note that when I say bad anime, I don't necessarily mean like just plain stupidly bad, I mean that it's full of cliches and all that other stuff that we all know about. At this point with so many anime having been made, it's almost impossible to run into something 100% original, so as long as something takes a unique spin to an already done idea, I'm all game.

For instance, I know Lucky Star wasn't good by "good anime" standards, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. Same with Sword Art Online and kind of the same with this bullshit.

Let's just be honest: if you want to micro-examine every little detail of every anime, you'll find flaws in all of them and will take the enjoyment out of watching in the first place. But if you stay critical but have an open mind, you'll find that even the so-called worst shows are not so bad.

Jan 31, 2013 3:43 PM

Jan 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
SomaRukido said:
steaminferno said:

Well I think how much you enjoy it should be a large part. But you should give credit when they have a good story, music, art, pacing, etc. For me it's about 1 or 2 points, if I enjoy an anime at an 8, but it has a good story, characters, etc then I might raise it to a 9. And the exact opposite applies, I believe the quality of those things do affect how much you enjoy it.

That's reasonable as well. I guess I shouldn't say that I ONLY rate on enjoyability. Usually I do the same thing as you, where art, sound, etc. come in to play when going from 8 to 10, but for like Guilty Crown, I could overlook all the plotholes and crap because I enjoyed it (probably one of the few who actually did lol)
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

38 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 31 minutes ago

4 by filjoh »»
16 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - 7 hours ago

43 by EpicO4 »»
18 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

109 by Merani »»
30 minutes ago

» A Trend in Voice Actors in Anime

Yuu_Kanzaki - 34 minutes ago

0 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.