Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2008 7:14 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The SUBS are out! I like it so far. I WANT MORE Fan Hulic (guy who kills 100 000 people)! OMG.......this the first Space Opera I SEE (just realized it :P) since I was kid back 20 years ago. MAN HAVE THEY EVOLVED! I am finding myself loving this so much THAT SCREW WAITING FOR SUBS! I might get it at 50% BUT I LOVE IT ANYWAYS!

I LOVE THE PART with Hulic and ira Florenz! THE KISS then THE FIGHT then THE ESCAPE! Yes all the elements TO MAKE IT GOOD FOR ME!

THE POLICE CAR design reminded me of the movie FIFTH ELEMENT! However I MA SICK OF USA MOVIES (BEEN SEEING THEM FOR 20 YEARS) so for me this a great concept used in this series. Such of many is the design of the cars that I FIND VERY NICE!

FINALLY WE MEET Zalisch mom and she seems to like more Zalisch half-brother. Oh well mother sometimes are weird in noble families.

LYDIA IS KAWAIIIII IN HER BEDROOM! VERY CUTE PRINCESS, I like her innocence so far.

I LOVE THE NEW CHARACTER Miranda! She reminds of Klan from Macross Frontier but IN A MORE HUMAN WAY! If you get what I mean.

HIGHLIGHTS

WOW Hulic is worth only 100 000? That is not much for one who killed 100 000 people+I GOT angry at thos SOBs Tytania soldiers for making Florenz cry!

The mother of Zalisch+Lidya IS SOOOO KAWAII IN THAT SCENE OF HER BEDROOM!

This scene of Hulic and Lira was the most LOL of this episode+HULIC is a pervert!

From this part the episode gets better.....WOW LIRA does love Hulic after all! NICE!+The change surprised a little.....LIRA POINTING A GUN AT HULIC????

THEN THE SUDDEN KISS+The shooting of the guards with dart tranquilizer gun=WIN part for me!

I LIKE THE CAR DESIGN!

WE MEET ANOTHER new character: Miranda+Her ship

See you in SUBS!
angel999Nov 1, 2008 8:45 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 1, 2008 8:38 AM

Jun 2008
didn't like the episode much.

the part where the grandma reported Fan to the police was just stupid
Nov 1, 2008 10:56 AM

Oct 2007
I would say this is just a average episode nothing really over the top compare to the last episode. As kie_ said above the plot in this episode is pretty cliché.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 1, 2008 12:16 PM

Oct 2007
I liked it, but this series really just is not living up to the expectations I had for it at all. So after like every episode I'm left a little disappointed.

Nov 1, 2008 12:51 PM

May 2008
Not a bad episode, I still love this series, but I Really thought that the Grandma part was plain stupid.

In the beginning I thought this show was going to be about two factions at war and with huge battles , but now I have no clue where it's heading.
StriderMSNov 1, 2008 12:56 PM
Nov 1, 2008 2:20 PM

Feb 2005
So.
Where's the fleets?
D:
Nov 1, 2008 3:50 PM

Jan 2007
meh, thought it was alright. I guess things won't really heat up till Lydia really gets into the thick of things.
Nov 1, 2008 4:29 PM

Jul 2008
Wasn't bad. Miranda seems like an interesting character! They seem to have a very unique crew so far. I hope Lira will join up with them soon!

And I love how Hyulick constantly fools all of the soldiers. It never gets old!
Nov 1, 2008 6:38 PM

Sep 2007
Not a bad episode at all. Still liking how everything's playing out and I'm really starting to like Lira as a character.
Nov 1, 2008 7:23 PM

Feb 2008
Why Tytania remind me of Code Geass? It was average score of this episode :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 1, 2008 8:21 PM

Jan 2008
Subpar episode. They wasted plenty of time on Hulic escaping, which was time which could be spent to developing other things.

The only good thing is that Hulic got off the planet, so the plot can move on.
Nov 1, 2008 9:20 PM

Sep 2008
The episode was redeemed by introducing the Princess, who I'm getting a female Han Solo vibe from. ;)

Nov 1, 2008 10:28 PM

Jan 2008
Um, where did the space opera go? Agreed that this episode was average. But if it's just for one episode, then it's not so bad. Rather interested in what Miranda's planning to do.
Nov 1, 2008 11:03 PM
Oct 2008
Its a alright anime so far the problem i have with it, is that it just seems really slow paced they need to pick it up
Nov 2, 2008 12:56 AM

Mar 2008
They messed up the name for this show. It's actually The Chronicles of Fan Hyulick.
Nov 2, 2008 1:04 AM

Oct 2008
why the hell are they obsessing over a guy who won just 1 battle.. jeez,
kind of a boring episode to be honest, at least hes off the planet but can they move on to the chunk of the story already?
what the hell is fan gonna do now and where is this show going?
ya its only 4 episodes in but those 4 episodes where about chasing fan.. please move on
Nov 2, 2008 3:47 AM

Sep 2007
I love Fan Hulic xD Miranda's so gar xD I like her a lot xD Ariabart was so hott xD I love this episode xD
We Heal As One.
Nov 2, 2008 6:12 AM

Feb 2005
AccipiterF1 said:
The episode was redeemed by introducing the Princess, who I'm getting a female Han Solo vibe from. ;)

My thoughts exactly. Now for our Chewie...
Nov 2, 2008 5:13 PM

Feb 2008
I think some of you have over the top expectations or something...

Enjoyed this episode, I'm sure it's not the last of Lira we'll see. And obviously the plot needs time, I mean, it's pretty easy to argue that LOGH's central story didn't even really start to develop until the second season. Yeah not a lot happened in this episode with Fan or anything, but LOGH and other shows have episodes like this too... I didn't mind it at all.
Nov 3, 2008 2:53 AM

Aug 2008
Agreeing with a lot of the comments already said, I felt dissappointed after this episode, it just seems very very average at the moment.
Nov 3, 2008 3:50 AM

Jul 2008
Echelon said:

Enjoyed this episode, I'm sure it's not the last of Lira we'll see. And obviously the plot needs time, I mean, it's pretty easy to argue that LOGH's central story didn't even really start to develop until the second season. Yeah not a lot happened in this episode with Fan or anything, but LOGH and other shows have episodes like this too... I didn't mind it at all.

I AGREE WITH YOU!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 3, 2008 4:09 AM

Mar 2008
I enjoyed it!

Was a decent episode which pushed the story forward.
Nov 3, 2008 10:48 AM

Aug 2008
Tea from Liptia? Lipton™ tea, anyone?
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 3, 2008 11:45 AM

Jul 2008
Sheepdude said:
They messed up the name for this show. It's actually The Chronicles of Fan Hyulick.

And you have an issue with that why again? :P

JadeMatrix said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought that. SO glad.

Pretty much as everyone has said, for the most part this was a rather average episode. Nothing extraordinary, just fan bailing off of the planet with some form of a rag tag crew coming together. Whether that crew sticks together remains to be seen. I really hope Lira does have a larger presence in this series later as well. Her character grew on me a fair bit. Oh well, pretty sure this is still more or less a prologue to everything that's going to happen(can hope), so I'm being patient with it.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Nov 3, 2008 11:59 AM
Jun 2007
Bakayaro said:
Pretty much as everyone has said, for the most part this was a rather average episode. Nothing extraordinary, just fan bailing off of the planet with some form of a rag tag crew coming together. Whether that crew sticks together remains to be seen. I really hope Lira does have a larger presence in this series later as well. Her character grew on me a fair bit. Oh well, pretty sure this is still more or less a prologue to everything that's going to happen(can hope), so I'm being patient with it.

Another one agreeing here with the sentiments of those who posted before me. the episode wasn't all that shabby but it lacked anything that could get me interested a bit more in the plot. Despite that rather tedious pacing of the show, all the foreshadowing has gotten me slightly intrigued. 3/5 but I'll still give this show some more time to develop.
Nov 3, 2008 1:21 PM

May 2008
An Epic Space Comedy is fine too. Maybe I liked it too much because I had watched two boring episodes of anime before it (Casshern Sins and Escaflowne), but I found it quite entertaining. I've long since given up thinking this is going to be LoGH and started watching it for what it is, which is the story of a slacker who, by fate or chance, becomes a hero.
Nov 3, 2008 1:46 PM
Dec 2007
Strange episode indeed, some parts didn't make much sense, but still, you shouldn't expect something of the level of LOGH since there'll never be another anime with such grandiose script and perfect characterization again. It's the pinnacle of japanese animation, let's just leave it at that and enjoy Tytania for what it is : an anime with average animation and art, but some damn good plot and characters, even if the episodes are somewhat inconsistent like this one... Still I'm glad Lila didn't get on the ship and Fan managed to escape, it was unexpected and it will probably add something in the long run, don't know what for now though ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 3, 2008 11:15 PM

Dec 2007
Good episode, I guess. I enjoyed it, at least. I hoped that Fan ask Lira that she wants to join. Oh well, I hope that Lira will join up with them because she is awesome. I'm looking forward to more.
Nov 4, 2008 11:53 AM
Oct 2008
It wasn't a bad episode. The show is starting to feel more like a Firefly than LOGH and it's actually not bad at all.
Nov 5, 2008 11:15 AM

Oct 2007
JadeMatrix said:

XD

this ep was pretty okay. we need less fan and more jousalain and aryabahta. i love how the ONE shot of aryabata had him with his shirt half open... haha
Nov 5, 2008 12:57 PM

Jul 2007
JadeMatrix said:

Lolol, totally thought the same thing then :3

Good episode, I liked it :3 Kinda pushed the story a little bit further on. Can't wait for next weeks ^_^

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Nov 7, 2008 8:22 PM

Oct 2008
liked the ep it was cooly and funny as hell nothing like getting your ass handed to you by a butch woman who looks like a man then gettign scared of her and being forced to stay lol
Nov 9, 2008 2:08 AM

Aug 2008
For killing 100 000 peoples, whoever catches him gets a reward of 100 000 (insert currency)..lol
I just can't get enough of Tytania!...how can it be rated so low..(7.23)
rofl at the Miranda Hime...
Still waiting for Lydia to get involved more in the series.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Nov 9, 2008 7:53 PM

May 2007
That better not be the last of Lira. An okay episode, the gang at the end seems like it may be fun, they need a shoeshiner though.
My anime list
Nov 10, 2008 4:53 PM

Nov 2007
That was easily my least favorite episode so far.

Random soldier: "You're poor and your clothes look stupid"
Lira: *CRY*
Nov 11, 2008 10:53 PM

Oct 2007
So I was watching this in the student lounge when I senced some people behind me. They asked if I was watching Yaoi (I let you guess what part they saw :D)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2008 7:13 PM

Feb 2008
Echelon said:

But LoGH had 110 episodes to take its sweet time with, this has ... 26 D:

Getting tired of Fan and his little misadventures, needs moar Juslan.
Nov 16, 2008 10:11 PM

Nov 2007
really. i have to say that i am getting more into this series now. at the beginning i was so bored that i was falling asleep all the time. now i actually want more. and for some reason i want more and more lira.
Nov 19, 2008 11:46 AM

Sep 2008
That princess was priceless.
Jan 31, 2009 8:09 AM
Aug 2008
Kimmie-chan said:
JadeMatrix said:

Lolol, totally thought the same thing then :3

Yeah, I winced pretty hard every time I heard "Liptia," starting with the first episode. I suspect a lot of planets are going to have names ending in "-ia."
Sep 25, 2009 12:40 AM

Jul 2008
betrayed by the old lady, that sucks, but hey he got away with the princess and a shady officer in the army; he just has all sorts of luck doesn't he?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Nov 25, 2012 8:47 PM

Jul 2012
Nice episode^^ I wonder who is Lydia's dad? O: And Miranda is awesome! Like how she's not a "dreamer" as she said Lira and De Bhor are(:
Oct 19, 2013 1:34 PM

Nov 2009
pretty much everyone is on the same page . . . I think this might be the tipping point and explain why the series is below a 7 (which on MAL is usually a giant red flag) . . . Anyways, I guess I'm going to change my mindset about this series, and stop expecting almost any sort of spark from LoGH in it, otherwise I think I'll come out of this series very bitter (which after watching LoGH then reading Nausicaa would be unfair to the series, to expect it to hold a candle to either of these series)
Feb 13, 2014 3:49 AM

Aug 2013
I take back what I said, I don't like Fan. At first I thought "oh the lovable rogue-type character" but now he's just annoying me. Well there's still two episode before I decide if I'm going to drop this or not so hopefully maybe the next episodes would make like him again, even for a bit.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tytania Episode 26 Discussion

skriticos - Mar 31, 2009

49 by oooo3333 »»
May 3, 2022 2:36 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 20 Discussion

noteDhero - Mar 13, 2009

21 by Cnon »»
Feb 22, 2021 1:58 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 21 Discussion

cyruz - Mar 20, 2009

25 by Accelerator48 »»
Oct 22, 2020 6:34 AM

» Does the anime cover the entirety of the novels?

Rarestar - Jun 1, 2019

2 by Roloko »»
Jun 28, 2020 6:56 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 17 Discussion

Faust721 - Feb 14, 2009

21 by Gundam_Sage »»
Feb 5, 2019 9:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.