Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 »
Apr 9, 2018 9:38 PM

Sep 2017
Kinda of an okay ending. I don't know how Asuna managed to stay that long. Also, Kirito apparently sympathises with the creator. What was that?

Kirito somehow found out. It wasn't climactic and Kirito abandoning Asuna was shitty. Asuna shouldn't have protected Kirito, cause he didn't die even when impaled on that sword.

The creator must be one hell of a shitty programmer if he is able to kill people by NerveGear but not able to paralyze the players in game. It is a game AFTER ALL. SIMPLE THING AS DISABLING PLAYER FUNCTIONS WOULD HAVE SUFFICED.

Well, the series was nice. Glad I was able to finally complete this series. 8/10. Nice ending. Poor Kirito has to face a world without Asuna.

Wait WHAT, there are 11 more episodes and AN EXTRA SEASON?????????? I THOUGHT SAO ENDED AT THIS POINT. They totally missed on giving the series a good ending. Disappointed.

Now for a good meme from a film that did the Isekai concept right.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 17, 2018 9:11 AM

Mar 2018
uh...shouldn't they be really angry at that guy for causing them so much pain and sorrow and misery and shit?
May 21, 2018 6:15 PM

May 2018
So everything has been leading to this? Who the fuck wrote that crap for real. There's so much things that are not right. Asuna and Kirito died and should've stayed dead in my opinion.

Like, they sacrificed themself to save the others but no, Kirito is still alive and Asuna must be too I think since they were in the same place in the end. Let's see if they can do something better with the other episodes but god this was a bad start..
Aug 24, 2018 11:09 PM
Jul 2018
this had one of most epitome of plot armor in anime I've seen. Its beyond my word to explain this one heck of a badass plot armor/clinchfeat/etc but whatever I was already prepared in my mind to see this worst before I started this show so all fine :)

Anyway I kinda liked the real Kirito at the end. Wished only we could see some more of these of their real life scenarios. Hopefully next episode show us some if only.. Btw like others I really thought they could end the show here (and reduced one fillery episode to make it 13). Then we could get better action and pacing. At least voice acting remain strong throughout the series so far.
removed-userAug 24, 2018 11:18 PM
Nov 28, 2018 4:10 AM
Jan 2018
Progressive is back in anicrad and will retell/fill the time skips. It will go floor by floor starting at floor 1 to floor 76 where they originally started

It's starts one month after the game starts and focues on kirto and asuana clearing the first floor while and goes from there there's 5 vols so far and have covered up to floor 6
Apr 10, 2019 3:08 PM
Dec 2017
omfg im in tears... was so beautiful!
Apr 10, 2019 3:10 PM
Dec 2017
Syniruh said:
So everything has been leading to this? Who the fuck wrote that crap for real. There's so much things that are not right. Asuna and Kirito died and should've stayed dead in my opinion.

Like, they sacrificed themself to save the others but no, Kirito is still alive and Asuna must be too I think since they were in the same place in the end. Let's see if they can do something better with the other episodes but god this was a bad start..
the show would be better if they died but i love happy endings and if they died i would cry all night long so im so glad!!!
Apr 10, 2019 3:12 PM
Dec 2017
they are messing with my emotions right now common guys :((
Apr 16, 2019 7:21 PM
Oct 2018
I liked the episode more than I thought, but I also kind of wanted it to end there with them both dead. Would have added more weight to the game being beaten.
Apr 26, 2019 2:33 AM

Aug 2018
Alrighty then. This would be the logical place to call it a day. Preparing my ass for a massive pull
May 20, 2019 6:39 PM
May 2019
Yup I freakin cried!
May 31, 2019 2:17 AM

Aug 2017
WTF I didn't expect that. Words can't describe this. Amazing episode! very touching. 5/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 4, 2019 4:29 AM
Aug 2019
SAO İt's amazing episode 👍
Dec 5, 2019 5:43 PM
Jan 2019
This episode is one of the most nonsense, anti-climatic and deus ex machina thing I have seen in a while.

The spider fight was so bad. They set up a boss that seemed so powerful and needed properly tactics to win. Guess what? They fucking defeated it just by normal fighting.

The reveal and duel with Akihiko was such an asspull I forgot to have a brain. They didn't even bother to explain why lmao.

What was with that motivation of Akihiko? Holy shit. It would be better if they never explained why he created a game because that was so fucking dumb. If you want to explain it, do it in an reasonable way. How is his obsession with the game related to killing other people?

Kirito didn't even die. Don't tell me no one actually died. Well at least if it's true then Akihiko's reasons make sense.

This arc is not decent at all. Terrible pacing, nonsense asspull plot, subpar world-building and mediocre characters. Even the romance, which I thought to be the best aspect of this arc, only deserves 7/10 at best.

I've heard the next arc would be even worse than this, so maybe I will keep watching just to see how bad it could get.
Apr 8, 2020 3:49 PM
Mar 2020
why wouldn't it end just right here it seemed fine to adapt it as ending
Jun 14, 2020 1:16 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I had some doubts about the villain, but man, I gotta say, the “It's been so long I've forgotten” has got to be the most anti-climactic line I've ever heard.

I wonder if Asuna lives just like Kirito or she died, I wonder now that they have left the world, and everything(s been deleted, what will exactly happen in the next remaining 10 episodes.
Jul 27, 2020 2:48 AM
Feb 2020
if ppl said why i hate sao so much,why its insulting bad,this episode seal it.

u guys are forget about the fact kirito alone in an mmo game full with a lot of player beating a game master?? i mean if u never play an online game,u can literally google it,like seriously guys,the writer literally think i will buy this logic by the writer,yeah im done,this is what i mean when i say sao is the "lowest of the low of weeabo gamer wannabe wish fullfilment series"
Aug 20, 2020 11:18 PM

Jun 2020
ok putting aside the fact that it was indeed emotional & the way aincrad was deleted was beautiful & the MCs relationship's great but

WHAT IS THIS???? how anti-climatic

i personally enjoyed this but........that's it? okay they didn't even need to make it to the 100th floor.....ok...okay they died but are still alive okay..... okay .......

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 2, 2020 8:41 AM

Dec 2018
It's funny how Heathcliff slowing down time is a problem in Kirito's mind...NOW. It should have been a plot point after their initial duel, but that obviously wouldn't suffice because VACATION.

So, Kirito in his head went "Oh, I think he slowed down time in our duel, which means he's an actual cheater, he also has a health gauge and not like Yui. So, he must be Kayaba Akihiko. So now, I am going to extremely be selfish and not discuss this revelation with Asuna and my friends and come up with a plan to capture him with us having the advantage, instead I am going to stab this dude in the face and 'hopefully' reveal to everyone that he is Kayaba Akihiko".

1: Heathcliff slowing down time could have been some kind of other Unique skill, Kirito just assumed the latter.
2: If Kirito was wrong(I know Kirito is Right Foundation is a thing), either he would be sent to prison or sentenced to death.
3: Kirito's done assuming Heathcliff as being Kayaba, which means Kirito knows now that Kayaba has the master control of the game, but then Kirito proceeds to kill him. Kirito doesn't know Kayaba's goal[before the reveal] which means Kayaba could literally do anything to anyone right there, just like he paralyzed all of them, Kayaba could have easily killed everyone there. All this melodramatic love bullshit and proceeds to put your love of your life in death scenarios. The best part about this whole thing is.....Asuna actually dies......and it's Kirito's fault. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH...........wait, hold on.......she's alive....... . . . . . .

This entire revelation occurred to me when Kirito said "What, are you going to kill us to hide your secret?", This boy is, apparently, scarred by many deaths but still, the thought never occurred to him that Asuna and the others could have died from that arrogant stunt. I am laughing my ass off, this show is a f*cking golden tird.

Of course, why wouldn't the power of love be the cure for being paralyzed, bold of me to assume that this show would have any consistency whatsoever.

She died.....nice. That makes it Kirito's fault, even better.

And then the bullshit kept on giving, all the bullshit we've been through accumulated into giving us the bullshit of the century. Kirito dies, then somehow was able to not die but was in a ghost state, then stabs the level 100 boss once, and then they both died.........Nani..........oh you thought that's it, somef*ckinghow Asuna's alive.

Bold of me to assume that the main villain would have anything to redeem himself, I guess I FORGOT that I was watching SAO.

I talked in a previous episode how they must, absolutely must exchange real-world info as soon as they both, somehow, fell in love. It never happened, but now at the very end to exchange them is nothing but hollow sappy bullshit. Also still they managed to not exchange real-world location info. I believe that was because the next 11 episodes are about finding Asuna throughout the entirety of Nippon[I know it isn't].

Alright, being the best arc in SAO, somehow, this is already the worst major anime I have had the pleasure of slogging my way through it. I have no hopes for the future, all I'm expecting is some amazing ecchi-fanservice and ass shots[the highest point in this entire arc for me is Yolko's ass shots]. Honestly, I am so much enjoying this hate-watch.

Honourable mentions
*The voice acting is suburb[at least the sub]. When Kirito started to cry and his voiced cracked I was genuinely taken aback. I was like "wait, this is illegal"
*The fight was good.
*OST as well.
*If I was a 14-year-old, this would have been a masterpiece.
Oct 24, 2020 3:56 PM
Feb 2020
smh

The writing of this series.

Now I understand a lot of the comments left for SAO in episode discussion forums for other anime.
Jan 18, 2021 11:59 AM

Nov 2017
Here comes the switch where Kirito's girlfriend dumps him for a wealthy salaryman who's 5-10 years older than her.....and true love is dead. (:<
Mar 14, 2021 12:31 AM

Nov 2019
This episode was very good. As far as my opinion goes, Sword Art Online could have ended here.
But they’re gonna mess it up, aren’t they?
Apr 14, 2021 12:00 AM
Sep 2013
Great Arc! Can't wait to finish S1 again haha!
Jul 26, 2021 12:35 AM
Jul 2018
The Ending Was Awesome Man!
Nov 17, 2021 5:00 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
What. The. Actual. Heck. Is. This.

Ofc Kirito would surpass you Mr. Game Maker. Kirito was a God after all. Even Asuna was a Goddess. The couple just way beyond your genius brain mind, and so do i....

Imo, it would be far more better if Kirito just get isekai'ed onto other another world. Seriously.

The only good part here seeing the beautiful view of a fallen Aincard, from above. That's it.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 6, 2021 3:55 PM

Jul 2017
The action for a little bit looked good but the rest of this episode was an absolute travesty and a mess. It's like Kawahara gave up with finishing the arc in a proper note and went full mayhem with the bullshit writing here. Yeah, I'm not rewatching more episodes, I had my fill of this before a genuinely awful arc gets even worse with ALO.
Dec 7, 2021 3:57 PM

Aug 2021
I actually loved this episode. I enjoyed the big reveal about Akihiko Kayaba, and we get more insight into why he actually created SAO in the first place. He's a dreamer for sure- an escapist who wants something more profound or beautiful than reality, and decides to create it himself. But it's important to note that his world is not a paradise; rather, it's a merciless world rampant with death. Kayaba does this because he knows that suffering is essential for beauty and emotion. What kind of author wouldn't want to write an epic tale involving death and heroism? Stories without conflict feel hollow. And by watching over his world, Kayaba is like an author admiring his own book. And he sees no problem with using the lives of real people as his characters.

I also liked how Kayaba offered Kirito a fair duel. Honestly, he was prepared for either outcome, whether he won or lost. If he won, well, he would continue as the final boss in the game and wait for the players to complete it. If he lost, then it would be a fitting end to his story. You see, Kayaba could have easily killed everyone there. But there would be no point. It's a waste of potential. Some people are saying that Kirito and Asuna have plot armor since they should have died. But you're forgetting that there is literally a man controlling the plot of the game. He congratulated them on their fair victory, and it was obviously his intention for them to survive.

Don't get me wrong though. This still a lot of questionable things about SAO's plot, both in-game and in the real world. And there's so many things to nitpick about SAO's mechanics, especially when the show throws a bunch of nonsensical MMO elements at you that writers clearly didn't understand. And obviously, most characters are bland, and the side stories can be pretty dull.

Still, great cinematography with this episode. Loved the final fight, visuals, and music. A lot of emotion involved. Kirito and Asuna are fighting so hard for the life they want together. I just hope the show won't go downhill from here......
Apr 14, 2022 8:33 AM

Oct 2020
Well that was unexpected.
Curious to see where the series is gonna go from here...
Apr 15, 2022 12:57 PM

Aug 2017
Well SAO is over, would love to see more of Kirito IRL.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Aug 14, 2022 10:36 PM

Mar 2020
from my point of view I think that the character of Akihiko Kayaba is the guy who wanted to voluntarily take Truck-kun in the face but it never happened, and he just committed a stupid massacre of children!
Aug 20, 2022 3:21 PM

May 2022
this episode had me filled with SO MANY EMOTIONS, that fight scene with Kirito and Heathcliff was really intense and showed how Kirito didn't want to see anybody else die, and saw it as his chance to save everyone. he is SUCH A GREAT CHARACTER!!! the 2nd half of this episode made me super emotional, it had me crying. a beautiful ending to a beautiful arc.
Aug 20, 2022 10:48 PM

Nov 2021
"Kirito: Why, why did you do all this?" "Kayabe: I can't remember, I wonder why" Fuckin lazy ass writers😂😂😂
At least say something like "4fun haha...". I would accept that answer in a heartbeat.
But whatever you say the ending of this episode really touched my heart.❤️❤️

Aug 20, 2022 11:00 PM

May 2022
Natsuki_Tanji said:
"Kirito: Why, why did you do all this?" "Kayabe: I can't remember, I wonder why" Fuckin lazy ass writers😂😂😂
At least say something like "4fun haha...". I would accept that answer in a heartbeat.

Kayaba literally stated why he created the world of SAO near the end of the episode, how did you even miss that part? Were you not paying attention? He dreamed of a floating steel castle and desired to control his own world, which he did. Nothing more, nothing less.
Aug 21, 2022 5:55 AM

Nov 2021
AwesomeAli2832 said:
Natsuki_Tanji said:

Kayaba literally stated why he created the world of SAO near the end of the episode, how did you even miss that part? Were you not paying attention? He dreamed of a floating steel castle and desired to control his own world, which he did. Nothing more, nothing less.
Bro I was Joking. Don't take it that seriously!!

Sep 8, 2022 11:23 AM
Sep 2022
This is the episode that will make you very confused about the next eleven episodes so keep on watching cuz it's worth it!
Sep 24, 2022 7:03 AM
Jul 2021
I think this should be the end.
Oct 4, 2022 3:18 PM
Jul 2020
drama merda mas fodase chorei por minhas axisilas
Oct 22, 2022 12:23 PM

Mar 2019
That was something else. Everything ended so quickly but I'm ready for the real world!

This episode made me a little confused. Wasn't Asuna supposed to be immortal? Was Akihiko's sword special or maybe he was the "admin" so he had the ability to kill immortal objects? That would make sense but Kirito didn't say anything about that. And then at the end, why did both of them cry, since they could have finally met up in the real world? If both thought they died in real life as well, then Kirito would have been way more surprised when he woke up, knowing that Asuna is also alive. And what happened with Akihiko!!

Kirito walking like he just woke up from a nap, lol. I'm pretty sure 2 years without using your legs would make it impossible to walk without months if not years of training. Nevertheless, pretty interesting episode and ending. At least this marriage thing is over! I need to know Akihiko's reason for doing all this.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 26, 2023 5:17 PM

May 2021
Ahaha, can't help but laugh at that ending.... "a world that surpassed all our laws and restrictions", meanwhile archery exists in real world and not in SAO. What's that? Guns? Naah, laws man! Flying castle and dungeons but no magic. Riiight.
Mar 2, 2023 4:27 PM
Jan 2023
I did NOT like when that happened!
Jul 14, 2023 1:22 PM

Aug 2019
i think the show could have been better if the sao part was the whole 25 episodes and that they didnt survive. would have possibly been way more emotional. this is just 14 episodes of time skip and then they die but they dont die because forced happy ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2023 9:59 AM

Jan 2022
It was so predictable but I didn't figure it out. Considering he's been bed ridden for 2+ years he should not be able to walk. What is this??
This never updates so that's cool
Aug 24, 2023 3:03 PM
Jul 2023
So much emotions in one episode
Sep 11, 2023 4:18 PM
Sep 2023
Eh, Story really kinda takes a drag here.
Oct 10, 2023 4:49 AM
Sep 2017
The perfect ending
Nov 6, 2023 3:21 PM
Oct 2022
– ¿Qué juego es ése?
– Se llama « ¿Cómo puedo seguir vivo?». Va de venganza. Creo que ya conoces algunas de sus
reglas.
Virgil palideció. Cogió el vaso de agua con hielo y tomo un largo trago sin apartar los ojos de Ricky.
– Te encontrará, Ricky –susurró–. Te encontrara y te matara, y me protegerá porque siempre lo ha
hecho.
Ricky se inclinó hacia delante, como un sacerdote que comparte un oscuro secreto en un
confesionario.
Nov 29, 2023 9:01 PM

Dec 2019
They could have honestly just ended it here and it would have made for a nice ending, things up in the air.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Dec 16, 2023 8:11 AM

Nov 2023
Man, RIP aincard you will be rembered
Jan 28, 3:39 PM
Jul 2021
Fucking awesome!
Feb 22, 6:50 AM
Sep 2021
season 1.1. Perfect.
i am satisfied with this ending, the show could end here.
Pages (27) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 »

More topics from this board

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
Today, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2012

705 by amf85 »»
Today, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2012

686 by amf85 »»
Today, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

745 by amf85 »»
Today, 2:43 AM

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.