Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2012 9:56 AM

May 2012
Finally, a Anime that screamed out like Durarara! did, it reminded me so much of it. Mikoto is definitely my favorite character so far and I reckon it will stay like that! The skateboarding scene was done very well so was the Sektor 4 against Mikoto even though not much happened and the Colorless King scene was just chilling, so far this is brilliant and looks like it is going to the top one of this seasons releases!
Oct 6, 2012 10:11 AM

May 2008
It looks awesome so far!
But is Shiro really the same as the killer owo?
I can already see the slash fics for Shiro and Kurou xD
Why did you blush? LOL
Oct 6, 2012 10:24 AM
Jun 2011
I really love the OST for this series already I'm not sure if I'll continue watching this but this music is fantabulous.
Oct 6, 2012 10:28 AM

Dec 2010
what an awesome first episode. the intro feels so much like a movie. the animation is so hot. it kind of remind me a bit of Samurai Champloo with its street fight kind of vibe specially when the rap song hit.
i really am looking forward to this every week!
"Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."

Oct 6, 2012 10:42 AM

Apr 2011
I don't understand the plot probably will be explained later but damn I love this show already. It's like DRRR 2.0. and that is a good thing. And the OST is the best so far this season as far has first episodes go.
Oct 6, 2012 11:20 AM

Dec 2009
So, this was pretty bad.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Oct 6, 2012 11:25 AM

Jun 2010
Cool animations and the main character seiyu is the same one who does the voice for Italia in Hetalia. Also notice the Yaoi and reminded me of Allen and Kanda or the two character from No. 6. Overall cool series and will continue to watch. And the cute loli too was eyecandy
Oct 6, 2012 2:13 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Mostly eye candy.

No real substantial plot yet.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 6, 2012 2:30 PM

Mar 2009
Kinda forgot how homophobic MAL was. Ty for the reminder MAL.

The story could be interesting, or could fail. It's just too early to tell really. But it hasn't failed right off the bat, and therein lies the potential I guess. Expectations are now being set unreasonably high, K. Please deliver.

I've seen some comparisons to Guilty Crown, but Yashiro is already a more interesting protagonist to me than Shun was so at least there's that. Might not be saying much though, seeing how goddamn awful Shun was. Pretty sure Yashiro could be seen as annoying to some people too, but I'm not one of those people so I don't care.
ClaptrapOct 6, 2012 2:34 PM
Oct 6, 2012 2:57 PM
Mar 2012
-Quasar said:
Just a visual eye candy so far. Pretty good for a first episode I guess.

My answer exactly. Hey there is also a shizuo look alike in the show so far..
Oct 6, 2012 3:33 PM

Jun 2012
Nothing Notable but it's definitely worth a watch so far.
Oct 6, 2012 4:56 PM

Nov 2011
Please tell me this isn't some BL stuff. Nothing is wrong with homosexuality but i'd rather not watch it.
Oct 6, 2012 5:00 PM

Feb 2012
Visual pron at it's finest and Visual show off 'nuff said
Oct 6, 2012 5:23 PM

Mar 2010
The series didn't start out too bad.

Shiro didn't start out as some SUCK-@-LIFE male lead.

The background music acts too cool (and it's annoying). There's too much focus on that skateboarder. And hopefully the next episode won't match the preview of it.

Nice 1st episode, though. :)
Oct 6, 2012 5:53 PM

Aug 2011
Amazing. The main feel I got from this show is that it's modern.

Love the idea about a power struggle between kings/gangs. The characters are beyond cool. The whole show is very stylish, even it's name. Loved the wide-angle lens effect during the skateboard scene, it gave a very amateur feel to the ride. The beats were fresh but not so for the amount of engrish at the beginning.

But why did they have to include the cute loli, I know I'll just be focusing on her screentime mostly.
Oct 6, 2012 6:42 PM

Oct 2008
This series does look quite promising- I've watched the previews several times and was eagerly awaiting for it to be subbed and I have to say that the animation is literally so beautiful and the characters look so interesting. But following up what everyone's been saying it is a lot like DRRR!!
Oct 6, 2012 7:52 PM

Jul 2012
I agree with everybody else its decent Eye candy but I dont really know whats going on half the time.
Oct 6, 2012 8:36 PM
Mar 2012
I don't know what the hell was going on...but I liked it. The music also sounds sweet. Definitely wanting to see where the series is heading.
Oct 6, 2012 8:56 PM

Aug 2009
Can In say the animation is freaking pretty! Pretty amazing!
Love it! I think the story line is pretty awesome as well.
Oct 6, 2012 11:03 PM

Nov 2009
Well everything about this series is great except the fact that the story seems to be a complete clusterfuck which won't make sense, nor will ever try to make sense...
Oct 6, 2012 11:42 PM

Dec 2010
Best show so far for the season.

Oct 7, 2012 12:26 AM

Feb 2012
BTOOOM's much better in terms of the Pilot Episodes imo.

Only the Skateboard scene with some running caught my eyes. Nothing else besides that.
Oct 7, 2012 12:31 AM

Nov 2008
Not the best premiere episode, but I like the premise of the story. I hope that it exceeds my expectations.
Oct 7, 2012 12:54 AM
Oct 2012
Artwork of the season, all seasons.
Seriously, the landscape and the characters were flawlessly drawn.
The animation was smooth, except during Yata Misaki's skateboard chase
for Isana.
Of course, the plot isn't well developed yet; Weismann would be an absolute unknown to anyone who haven't been on the official webpage yet.
4/5 I guess; Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 7, 2012 1:58 AM

Dec 2008
Look the entire point of the first episode is to get the viewer into the next episode. For all you people saying that the story is all over the place.... what? There is barely any story yet because it is the first episode, but since you guys seem to be confused lets get facts straight
1. Non Moral niggas go in and beat baddies up and try to look for the "colorless king".
2. This proves unsuccesful so Moral niggas vs unmoral niggas end up fighting each other because they are rival groups obviously.
3. The rest takes time to introduce the main character into his everyday life. This is used to show a drastic change in later episodes. THEY WANT YOU TO WATCH THIS AGAIN
4. Everything eventually develops and you find out about this colorless king. Which you know Mikoto is the red king.

This is seriously ALL you need to know. How people think the story is all over the place is beyond me
Oct 7, 2012 2:05 AM

Mar 2008
really impressive first episode.
enjoyed it a lot
Oct 7, 2012 2:38 AM

Mar 2012
WTF did I just watch? XD

Really beautiful episode. The most stylish anime I've seen, real eye candy :P

But the story seems random but I'll keep watching for the great backgrounds and colors :3

And what is up with the protagonist going all Hisoka at the end? His voice actor suddenly became Daisuke Namikawa :P doesn't fit him but I wonder what happened to him.
End Zionazism
Oct 7, 2012 2:41 AM

Apr 2012
the animation was astonishing and all the characters seem to be very interesting so far
can't wait for the next episode!

but i find it strange that the guy from the video was mumbling the same song that Shiro did when he first appeared @_@ so maybe he is really the colorless king?
deea9595Oct 7, 2012 3:32 AM
Oct 7, 2012 3:13 AM

May 2012
Yashiro is now my third favourite character! >< ( I really love his mysterious personality) I hope he is really the colorless king or connected to it ^^

Favourite Anime/Manga Character (October 2012)

1.) Oz Vessalius (Pandora Hearts)
2.) Kirito/Kirigaya Kazuto (Sword Art Online)
3.) Yashiro Isana (K)
4.) Yoshino Takigawa (Zetsuen no Tempest)
5.) Lark Alfen (Crepuscule)
6.) Mir-yuu Ryu (Under Prin)
7.) Yuuta Togashi (Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!)
8.) Ryouta Sakamaoto (BTOOOM!)

Updated soon....
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Oct 7, 2012 3:42 AM

Jan 2011
So awnsome, the music is good and the art *A*
and it has the same air as Drrr!
Cant wait 4 the 2de episode
Oct 7, 2012 6:15 AM

May 2007
Some breathtaking visuals in this anime, hoping this turns out to be a decent anime.
Oct 7, 2012 7:08 AM

Jan 2011
Mikoto looks a bit like a cross between Doubt and Gammon IMO.

The scene where Shiro got saved by Kuroh was gay, literally.

I found the first ep ok, even with the english at the beginning which made me LOL
The cat seems very cute and possibly its that naked girl at the stairs?
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Oct 7, 2012 7:41 AM

Jun 2010
Mikasa said:
WTF did I just watch? XD

ditto.

Everything just appeared so random and disjointed that I was lost by the time it was five mins in.

Random scenes of of what looked like Roy mustang's group from FMA with swords, then floating giant swords, explosions.... explosions everywhere, random school scenes, floating naked flying woman, random chasing in the streets.. more exploding stuff, Alto hime badassery with a sword then flying without his EX-gear saving a boy and then wanting to kill him. Roy mustang again and some guy in jail that i think was from bleach. Credits roll.

Oh God.
WallenwhatsitOct 7, 2012 7:44 AM

Oct 7, 2012 8:04 AM

Dec 2010
i say awesome animation. cool characters. nice songs and background. so far, if what i had in mind is the correct, the story has so many things to anticipate. pretty jam packed opening.

i like it
"Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."

Oct 7, 2012 8:35 AM

Jul 2011
ok, another yaoi scene and I will drop this shit...

but overall 5/5 for the first episode.
Oct 7, 2012 8:52 AM

May 2011
A bit confusing, but it's the first episode so i'm not really surprised by it. The artwork was amazing. Looks promising :3
Oct 7, 2012 9:16 AM

Aug 2009
Lot of action and I didn't really get what the show is about.. but I like it already anyway :D
Oct 7, 2012 9:17 AM
May 2012
Very nice art, story just getting started. Interested to see where this is going.
Oct 7, 2012 9:28 AM

Oct 2008
dat animation
Oct 7, 2012 10:26 AM

Mar 2010
There;s some sexy beast in this anime :P
Oct 7, 2012 12:51 PM

Oct 2008
"Nice to meet you. My name is Isana. Yashiro Isana." - Yashiro Isana

This scene made me want to vomit.
Yashiro as male lead makes me sick.
Innnocent, brainless, nice bland male lead. Ugh...
Hopefully this is guise and the videos that they played is the real him.

Aside from my disgust of the male lead, the fighting is way too over the top and the characters are trying WAY too hard to be cool and hip. It just totally backfires for me because it all seems so corny I can't take any of it seriously. The fight scenes animations are at least very well done.

Let's just hope this doesn't devolve into Blood-C with multiple characters.
(aka. a battle anime with no story and where characters have to lamest or no motive)

So far, it's style (dialed up WAY too much) over substance...
Oct 7, 2012 4:34 PM

Jul 2012
3/5
Brilliant animation, brilliant OST, nice char design and char art, cool setting
But confusing story, confusing plot overall, too much run-and-chase and random shots of nudity with Neko.

But hey, it kind of feels like Higashi no Eden and Durarara.

Only the Skateboard scene with some running caught my eyes. Nothing else besides that.

this
The scene where Shiro got saved by Kuroh was gay, literally.

and this
Oct 7, 2012 5:35 PM

Apr 2012
Absolutely amazing visuals.
Oct 7, 2012 6:21 PM

Apr 2011
I found the first episode very boring, and I hate MCs voice, or rather I hate how the MC is (the voice actually fits) which isn't a good premise. Furthemore the lack of music is disturbing, i know not having music is considered an effect, but this was too much. Also I got the impression that it was a show-off of visual effects.

I'll wait and see for next episode if it gets any better.
Oct 7, 2012 8:26 PM

Jun 2009
I'm... a little confused right now?
But okay, the visuals are amazing and I totally loved the cast!
Oct 7, 2012 8:43 PM
Mar 2011
Why are there sooo many haters on the MAL forums!? T.T

I don't even know why I bother to visit them anymore (even said in my profile that I've sworn them off but they're like a bad drug or something and I always find myself here)

Anyways for me this show looks promising, but I'm not so sure about the thirteen episode thing that I saw in the information for it :( Are they going to have enough time to keep the nice pacing I felt in this episode and still make a good story with few to none plot holes that explains everything. Maybe (hopefully) MAL lies about it being 13 episodes and it's more like 26 or 24 anyways I'll have to wait and see.

The story doesn't make sense but it's only the first episode OF COURSE it isn't going to make sense. I liked the animation and characters *nosebleeds* plus Shiro is kind of cute he's happy-go-lucky, kind of innocent, and maybe a bit airheaded and that scene where Kuroh saves him *.* -nosebleeds- This show is definitely trying to appeal to both genders (guys that don't like BL don't complain you get a naked cat lady and a loli girl, so the girls watching this show are entitled to some BL hints and smexy guy eyecandy)

All around I think this show is going to be my number one for the fall season (though that might change with all of these good looking shoujo coming out :)

Oh and that girl that wanted to give Shiro her veggies totally has a crush on him ;) she shouldn't even try to deny it. It's so obvious and adorable XD

If there's a pairing in this series I hope it's those two :3
Oct 7, 2012 8:46 PM

Jul 2011
Brilliant Art, Animation, OST the only issue i can see in this blockbuster is that they seem to have forgotten to have hired writers. That seemed like a 20min long commercial and while it was eye pleasing, it bored me to tears. If it stays the course i cant see myself finishing this one.
Oct 7, 2012 8:55 PM

Oct 2012
i was watching the first episode like a month ago, there is an anime event in my town that showed the first episode as part of the highlights.. this anime quite promising, and the promotion like everywhere so i can guarantee this anime would be so cool.
neko <3
Oct 7, 2012 9:57 PM

Sep 2008
Fuuck yeah. Gotta love a good urban romp. Not enough stories properly utilize the sheer size and mystery of a full-blown metropolis as it pertains to the fantasy genre.

We've got ourselves a new batboy. The Shonen Bat 2.0. A slugger on wheels. It's so rare that anything has enough footwheels or baseball bats to satisfy my. Generally more a fan of roller blades but damn does this guy rock the skateboard. No complaints there. He uses a proper metal dealy. The urban beatstick is made of sturdier stuff than wood.

They were doing some really interesting things with the group-shots in the beginning. Not a cinematographer by any stretch of the imagination, but for that entire first period they really seemed to be avoiding focusing the camera on any one person for any noteworthy length of time and it created a really fun feeling for the scene.

Regardless of where this goes it should be fun to watch.
Oct 7, 2012 10:36 PM

Jul 2008
If totsuka is dead, I'm going to be really really sad. /_\
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2012

396 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 4:13 PM

Poll: » K Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 20, 2012

118 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 4:05 PM

Poll: » K Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2012

192 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 3:59 PM

Poll: » K Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2012

138 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 3:44 PM

Poll: » K Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 15, 2012

170 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.