Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jul 21, 2017 11:25 AM

Jan 2014
wut

how in the world is this guy ranked #10 in the game but doesn't realize he's carrying time-bombs from that very obvious display?
and how lucky
the other guy's bombs washed ashore right next to the mc
eh well
Oct 5, 2017 7:10 PM

Jan 2016
It was kind of boring, but it kept the ball rolling at a reasonable pace. If I was the MC's mom, I would tell him to either get a real job, like the one she set up with his uncle, or get the fuck out of my house.
You are now breathing manually.
Nov 2, 2017 4:42 PM

Oct 2015
What an explosive start of the show, I am glad Sakamoto killed that psycho he wasn't one to be reasoned with. The protagonist seems like a jerk to his mother, what a lowlife scum.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 23, 2018 1:39 PM

Aug 2015
This episode was surprisingly pretty good. Although the MC took a while to know he was in a game, I can understand why it seems to take so long to us, since we have a viewer's bias and are aware of it.

Psychology-wise, it was good, they are already delving into the concept of killing in reality vs in a virtual world.

Seems like this could be pretty good.
Apr 11, 2018 4:13 PM

Sep 2011
Seem I'm hooked on this. Let's hope I won't stop watching midway.

May 30, 2019 1:28 PM
Jan 2017
OMG I cant believe it took me this long to start watching this anime. a lot of my friends have been reccomending this and I can see why it's awesome.

also I couldnt help thinking that the scene at the end of the episode with the controller being thrown into the wall would make a perfect xbox One pro controller ad.
Jun 12, 2019 1:54 AM

Jun 2009
big yikers here famalam. this looks like a super shit video game in its own right and we've got a whole 12 episode anime about it! the armour the players in game wear looks like plastic and sounds like an aluminium can.

also lol @ playing people outside of your own geographic region in what looks like a pretty high paced action game. has the creator not heard of latency?

also lol @ them talking about selling 3 million copies WORLDWIDE like that's supposed to be impressive. god damn japan is so insular.
loghneckbeardJun 12, 2019 1:58 AM
Jun 29, 2019 6:38 AM

May 2016
Not my kinda show, but gonna finish it for the sake its been in my ptw for 3 years now.
Oct 8, 2019 4:29 PM

Sep 2019
That was a good episode I've just watched.
Jan 5, 2020 5:40 PM

Nov 2014
Hoppy said:
I've been wondering where are the guns in this series, all I've seen were bombs used (haven't read the original source) and Ryouta had very nice placement of one of the bombs, it saved his ass for sure although he's pretty scarred for killing a man.

they explained it in the beginning in Btooom you can only fight with bombs. There're no guns.

bonifide said:
The show is ok nothing to be hyped about but i do wish we had a game like that. I'm sick of FPS/shooters i wouldnt mind throwing bombs all day though. LOL
then you should play as Junkrat in Overwatch lol

Tyestor said:
big yikers here famalam. this looks like a super shit video game in its own right and we've got a whole 12 episode anime about it! the armour the players in game wear looks like plastic and sounds like an aluminium can.

and yet this anime isn't about btooom the game it's about btooom the battle royale. they're two different things. for one, characters don't wear armours.

Tyestor said:
also lol @ playing people outside of your own geographic region in what looks like a pretty high paced action game. has the creator not heard of latency?

ever heard of PUBG?
ttcchenJan 5, 2020 5:45 PM
Feb 1, 2020 11:56 PM
Aug 2016
Based on MC mother expression, most likely she is the one who call the black suit guys to bring her son to the island.

First episode already telling neet, you need money to play your favorite games, go earn your cash, don't expect parents fork out the money. But I guess people not going to listen, then prepare anytime wake up in a deserted island lol

Jun 4, 2020 10:20 AM

May 2020
I don't like when people doing harsh to parents. Well everything just started and boom everywhere. You boomed, you died. This blonde girl ain't bad tho.

OP is from nano and ED from may'n . Great compilation.
Jun 18, 2021 2:41 AM
Jul 2018
Not to bad at all. I read that this was made even before Fortnite or before Battle Royale games blew up (no phun intended) and went mainstream. But this is a really unique premise! For a game and for the actual plot! Bombs only, no guns.

I like the straight-to-the-point, fairly simple, easy-to-follow plot.

I like the action in the first episode -- the whole fight scene between him and the blond was pretty suspenseful. That aside, I was hooked from the beginning -- I never got bored.

I like the mystery -- how did he get to the island and what's going on? (wAtCh To FiNd oUt)

I like the animation. Madhouse, One-Punch Man, whooo. Sometimes I notice lackluster animation right-off-the-bat, or if it's obvious. All of the animation here was fluid enough though. In the ball-park of what a standard action anime should strive for.

I like the MC so far... he's not annoying in anyway. Even the way he acted toward his mother or regarding his in-game arrogance... everyone has their flaws, but I figured the MC wasn't particularly unethical.
Oh, and the mother scene was particularly eerie -- geez, why'd she make that face. She's probably ashamed, angry, and depressed about her son being a NEET, but yikes. That scene really intrigued me. (And the MC was briefly shown to be haunted by the vision on the island.)

I don't think the episode did anything wrong. For a first episode, it gets an 8 or 9/10. I think the dude's reaction to being on an island was anticlimactic, but it's probably how I'd react too. More curious than terrified. However, his reaction after getting bombs thrown at him was a bit unrealistic lmao. But I guess not all anime have to be realistic. This wasn't anything TOO special or innovative, but it's definitely something to watch for leisure's sake. AS of Episode 1, that is. I'm content.

P.S. This has STROOONG Alice in Borderland vibes. The vibe is the same, and the premise is very very similar. The MC's give off a similar vibe.
Nov 15, 2021 11:19 PM
Jul 2020
I hate the MC, period.
Apr 15, 2022 10:31 AM

Jul 2021
Angry gamer moment
May 4, 2022 6:00 PM

Jul 2021
Bruh Bruh Bruh Mc is so fucking dumb that it legit took him that long to figure out what a timer is for fucking sake
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 21, 2022 2:05 AM

May 2020
Yeah I was expecting for some dumbness unfolding from the very first minute, and good to say it went as expected.

That NEET main dude is a walking contradiction, and I HATE his voice. Though will be interesting to see how our keyboard master got there at that island in the first place.
May 15, 2023 7:21 AM

Dec 2022
Took the MC too long to realise his bombs used a timer, but at least he's proficient at using them after realising that. They're essentially grenades with a countdown mechanic, which may end up making them much more reliable in the long run.

Also, the Btooom! game apparently had a marriage feature? That is definitely not something you see every day in a shooter.

Shaded Horizon

May 23, 2023 2:39 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Me and my buddy are on yet another show, I had never heard of this one before but he wanted to watch it so here I am lol, but this was a good start. Real life survival games/battle royales always make for an interesting show or movie, this one being centered around bombs is kinda unique and could make for some cool moments, we already saw that in this first episode with the moment Ryouta outsmarted his enemy.

But damn man, they really made Ryouta so unlikeable with that stuff regarding his mom lol, like it’s one thing being unemployed but to also be that way to your mom is really fucked up, but maybe it’s this way for a reason, perhaps he’ll redeem himself as this goes. And the waifu is definitely a beautiful babe based on that final scene, I’m guessing she might be the one he married in the game which will make for an interesting meeting. And lastly the OP and ED were both very good, this is one of those intense shows with a calm ED which I love lol.
Jul 10, 2023 1:28 PM

Oct 2020
I've watched anime like this. Not that impressive so far.
Jul 16, 2023 12:39 AM
Jun 2023
We don't know anything about the MC but at least he acts as a normal person would act in his situation, I like that realism, it brings tension. Wanna see what more it can offer.
Adames_yhJul 16, 2023 1:00 AM
Jan 23, 11:54 AM

May 2020
Nice episode so far, looking forward to what's coming up next.
Mar 23, 10:33 AM

Jul 2013
Who in a real world would scream their thoughtprocess outloud in a critical situation like that? that first victim knew how to die early. nonetheless I like how the story got set up.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 28, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Nov 15, 2012

158 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Nov 8, 2012

140 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

177 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2012

197 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 10:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.