Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 3, 2008 9:24 AM
Nov 2008
I recently watch it.

Though I dislike this episode, it succeed one thing.
It make many people hate the Client instead of those who get sent to hell
(With some minority who think different...No Right or Wrong...just different)

Yes ,at a few last episode in season 1 and season 2 did that too.
But this episode craft it more carefully and with more focused individual matter.

I notice that "Revenge scene" get more and more comedic
and a lot less crucial compare to 1st and 2nd Season...is this intended?
Or it's just a show of gimmick...which will be really disappointed

BTW His smile at the end creep me too.
This is really psychological complex!

Nov 4, 2008 1:28 AM

Jan 2008
The ending story scene was creepy - the guy's grin.
Nov 12, 2008 8:26 AM

Mar 2008
What an odd reason to send someone to Hell for.
Nov 17, 2008 10:53 AM

Aug 2008
That perversity! Was his best friend!
Nov 17, 2008 7:07 PM

Jan 2008
Wtf, sent to hell because he didn't stop that retard? I don't like his reasoning.
Nov 19, 2008 6:50 AM

Mar 2008
lol.. long debates against angel999..
@angel999: don't worry, i understand u're just trying to express ur feelings although u do get a bit extreme sometimes ^^
Dec 10, 2008 3:44 AM
Nov 2007
I think it's fairly obvious the boy was mentally retarded. At least that's how I justify his decision to send his idol to hell.

Somehow, even with some disappointing aspects, watching Jigoku Shoujo is still something I look foreword to a lot. It's just...something I enjoy doing. I don't think this season could ever get bad enough for me to drop it. Though I think I'm rating it 6/10 so far.
Dec 10, 2008 10:31 PM
Feb 2008
TirMcDohl said:
I think it's fairly obvious the boy was mentally retarded.
watching Jigoku Shoujo is still something I look foreword to a lot.

Sorry, but you made me lol.
Dec 12, 2008 1:54 AM

May 2007
What the hell is wrong with that Takeru kid? It not someone's obligation to step up for that asshole in the bus. Anyone knows being a hero in situation like that can risk your life.

This thread looks pretty bad btw. I don't really understand all the hate and don't want to know.
Jan 17, 2009 5:03 AM
Nov 2008
At least this episode is better than EP12...
It has it's own topic about the loss of idealism , end of innocence something like that
May 21, 2009 6:54 PM

Mar 2009
Wow...so many homophobic people in this forum D=

I for one, liked the yaoi scenes =) and support gay/lesbian rights =D
May 22, 2009 9:19 AM

May 2009
Seriously, this third season was a disapointment... The torture scenes became lame and some are of it even 'Ai Enma moe' or like that...

Also, the reason for their hatred is lame. They send people to hell with petty reasons.

Aug 22, 2009 4:04 PM

Oct 2008
hirahira said:
Mehsi said:
o.0 for such a reason to send someone to hell... Normally the reasons are bad enough but this one is the worst of the 4 episodes seen.. I am almost feeling like dropping it if it continues with this..

If they always had a "good" reason to send someone to hell, it would get boring really fast. I actually like episodes like this best.

Even though I was like 'What the hello kitty?' at the end, I kind of like out of the norm episodes like this. xD So, it was a great episode for me. Just goes to show you, that this 'power' to just send people to Hell is dangerous~
Nov 4, 2009 11:17 AM

Dec 2007
i dont get this episode ==

Dec 3, 2009 8:25 AM

Apr 2008
What the fucking hell, ugh, just plain horrible chapter. I FF after he called Ai.
Dec 9, 2009 1:19 PM

Dec 2009
I still don't understand why he chose the put the kendo guys name in there.

He was making his life better... why destroy that?
Anyway, it was a good episode none-the-less.
Dec 9, 2009 11:51 PM
Sep 2009
I'm not going to say this was a horrible episode because we've encountered dumb reasons for sending people to hell before and it's good that another aspect of hate is represented. Jigoku Shoujo has always been about showing the complexity of human emotions and how fragile they can be. I also commend the writers for including another controversial subject like homosexuality. Personally I don't like watching these homosexual acts but I can get through them just fine because I know it's part of a bigger picture.

On a side note: Topics such as God and whether homosexuality is a sin or not should not be anywhere near these boards. I do not take sides when it is not needed, but I will say that some of the posts I read angered me quite a bit.
Jan 4, 2010 10:17 PM

Jun 2009
I'm thoroughly confused. He sent the 21 year old to Hell simply for not stopping the thug on the bus? That's illogical. Considering that entire episode was dedicated to that boy, they did a terrible job explaining his motivation. Just because society wouldn't change? I have to say, that's definitely the worst episode of all three seasons so far. What a shame, too, because episode 2 of this season was one of the best.
Jan 18, 2010 4:40 PM

Nov 2009
the dude taught him how 2 be a better person and he gets sent 2 hell jus cuz he did what every1 else was doing... even the kid!!! XP and OMG it was like totally YAOI XD haha stupid kid...
May 31, 2010 11:04 AM

Mar 2010
like everyone else, i'm REALLY angry about this episode. i hate that kid so much, i can't even put it into words.

and wow, this thread really refreshed my memory about how much hate homosexuals go through. imo, people can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't interfere with the lives of anyone else. a lot of people here have a really unhealthy outlook on life, and control.

i'm not a theist, and i never will be.~
Jun 1, 2010 9:07 PM
May 2010
This ep is probably the best of all 4...
the crime scene was exceptionally well thought out
and again I don't like this season very much because more good people are going to hell for nothing.
More and more selfish and ego people appear and curse others....wtf!!
What is wrong with saying good things to inspire others?
That Shin did change that poor guy, didn't he?
Doesn't even know how to appreciate things...
that ego guy should be given more proper upbringing
come to think of it, that ego guy was at fault too, he didn't do anything about the crime either! And he tried to find scapegoats...
He should be the only one to go to hell!
jimmy2027Jun 1, 2010 9:16 PM
Jul 11, 2010 12:08 PM

Oct 2009
This episode kind of annoyed me D:

Also some of the comments that are being posted here make me RAAAGE! mainly the OPs.
Oct 4, 2010 1:19 AM
Oct 2009
Wow, didn't expect a yaoi scene there, it was really out of nowhere. I thought I was watching another show.

Another interesting episode though. But they should start getting into Yuzuki's story already. It's a torture to hear her screams every time Ai "comes out" from her body.
sugarcaneOct 4, 2010 1:23 AM
The window, the window shopping! Hooo!
Nov 5, 2010 8:06 AM

Dec 2007
Only me think this episode don't have any sense? =.=;; what the hell was that anyway, I'm really dissapointed. Some gay scene is okay, but where's the sense?!
Jan 15, 2011 12:34 AM
Apr 2009
chibuki said:
Anyone knows being a hero in situation like that can risk your life.

Not only your life. Considering that the dude was armed, attacking him could create great danger to other passengers.

Also I thought for a moment,
that the boy sent himself and not kendo guy to hell because society can't be helped.
Feb 13, 2011 7:55 PM

Jun 2009
Okay so this was the most stupid ep and reason ever. But that doesn't make this less interesting , well yeah the reason was stupid and all and I actually think it's the worst reasong to go to hell but this ep is deep. That kid gives a message about society and the things we should chang, he also shows how a persons can react to people and how people can blame ther ppl of what happens while they don't do anything.Tbh I don't think this ep was so so bad because of the message it has and because of how much important the message is. Everyone thinks different of course I respect everyones opinion if they think the ep was bad they have their reasons
Feb 19, 2011 10:34 PM

Oct 2008
Lol @ the comments about homophobes and gay in this thread.

Who really cares if they're gay or not? It's an anime. >_>
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 13, 2011 2:03 PM

Apr 2009
I feel more stupid for watching this, season 1 was a lot bad, season 2 was better but this is just plain and retarded, and my problem isn't even with the homossexual part.
May 12, 2011 1:47 PM

Apr 2010
Why the kendo guy got sent to hell? The reason is easy.

The sissy has been bullied all his worthless life and got encouraged by the kendo guy. He treats the kendo guy as his idol but finds that the kendo guy is all hot air. He then goes to the extreme of feeling the kendo guy is all a big lie (partly true) and giving him false hope.

Thus the sissy feels enough anger to call Ai.

Objectively this is a good episode. The sissy's worthlessness and idoicy was so high he was a character anyone could rage against. The sissy's way of thinking is also not uncommon. People always blame everyone but themselves.
Jul 6, 2011 4:12 PM

Dec 2010
Gayness. I thought we must be warned for such an elements. I mean - we usually get "Ecchi" if we see some boobs in animes, but it's like no one will have something against gay episodes.

About the episode - what can I say, this is the worst episode to now, not just because of the gayness, but the reason behind sending was the worst to now. I mean - come on, there were stupid reasons to now, but every other season included some good reason to episode 4. I feel like this anime is going down, but I'm still watching it just because of the feeling I got from the previous seasons -.-
Jul 7, 2011 8:18 PM
Jun 2009
Um, WTH was up with this ep? The story doesn't make any logical sense. Why would the boy send his beloved mentor to hell simply because he didn't stand up to an armed yakuza member? Like the kendo guy said, there were many other people there that did the same thing as him in ignoring the problem. It would've made more sense if the yakuza guy was sent to hell instead, but this is ridiculous.
Jul 8, 2011 10:26 AM
Jun 2011
I will say just 1 thing about this guy - BAKA! -.-
since season 1 I could find some kind of reason why is someone sent to hell, but this - this is STUPID! -.- he didn't achive anything - he just killed his friend and destroy his social life. baka baka baka!

Kikuri was so cute in this episode! ^^ kawaii <3

Enma Ai, perfect as usual ^^

and for the yaoi aspect in this episode - give it a rest! being gay is not a choice, you are born that way. Don't bring religion in this - because if it against God, God wouldn't let it exist would he? -.-

Episode was, bad :/
weak plot, stupid reason and characters.

The Kikuri part was funny (they're always are), and seeing Enma again ^^
Sep 5, 2011 2:14 AM
Sep 2011
Oh my god. I'm getting pissed off cuz nearly most of the ppl in the thread can't READ. so many great explanations(rational ones) are put up as to the meaning of this episode, yet ppl still complain and ask why and such. God I'm so annoyed, this isn't an open book anime to read. Look deeper -_- please.

On a side note I'm totally for gayness.
Oct 25, 2011 2:45 AM

Dec 2008
Kokujin-kun said:
What the hell? Nishida the older guy didn't want to fight the mugger because it would put his boyfriend at risk. And what did Takeru do to thank him for thinking about him? Send him to hell (supposedly with all the other sodomites?) Once again, what the hell?

Yeah... exactly my same thought..
I have really been disappointed by this episode...
Besides.. still in the first season, weren't Jugoku Shoujo's servants still explaining how it works (meaning that they'll spend a certain amount of time observing the caller and if the designed victim really needs to go to hell, before acting anycase)?
'Cuz this time really made no sense.. D: everyone on the bus did nothing like the guy, but in specific to that he had a reason, he didn't want his beloved one to get involved..and what? he sends him to hell? =_= no sense.
I don't think is a good-enough reason for someone being sent to hell, moreover for someone that litterally saved the loser-life the boy had before meeting him... :/

Jul 26, 2012 10:21 AM

Aug 2009
This episode = FACE PALM. Where do they come up with such ridiculous scenarios? Are the writers just trolling us with this or what? I mean WTF right? Why would he send his role model to hell like that? Because the kendo guy failed to live up to his expectations? Should Hell Girl even take these sort of jobs? Ugh, another episode like this and I'm looking up Hell Girl to send these writers to hell.
Aug 10, 2012 8:46 AM

May 2012
Hmm it was rather a weak episode but I still don't understand why that guy was send to hell instead of that person who cut the hair on the bus.

So yea it was an okey episode but didn't really fit in or make sense for me!
Sep 18, 2012 6:30 PM

Apr 2011
The reason why the kendo guy was sent, was simple. He fail as a role model to the wimp.
Sep 23, 2012 2:07 AM

Jan 2012
to drop or not to drop that is the question...

the show has gone to crap, but the comedy value is up to par with garbage crown...

hmmmm...
Oct 9, 2012 9:59 PM

Mar 2012
People are becoming more and more idiotic throughout the series.
So we learned that Ai will still not save you from hell even though you confess your sins and ask for a second chance.
That guy's expression at the end, that's hopeless.

Hm. So this is yaoi.

Oh, did I just hear Mizuki Nana? Her voice really is easy to distinguish. I hope to see her more in this season.
Dec 10, 2012 1:47 PM

Jun 2011
This episode was really confusing to me... I really can't understand they guy's reasoning behind this grievance, is he a total retard? This must be one of the most stupid reasons so far for anyone to get sent to hell...
I just can't understand these people..
Mar 4, 2013 5:46 AM

Jun 2012
Oh, come on! He sent him to hell just because he got scared?! That sucks...

Btw, I can't believe how many people got butthurt because of two guys showing affection to each other... I mean seriously? They didn't even kiss or had sex, it was barely there, so why did people get so bothered by it? And for those who said thing about age difference: How old is the boy, around 17? And the guy is 22, so only 5 years difference max... a huge deal, wow!

Anyway, I am getting kind of disappointed in this season... I expected more, since S2 was amazing. I mean, why is Enma back? Who's that new boy? And I don't really like that sending people to hell now seems fun and comic, it was more fun when it looked scarier.
Apr 21, 2013 5:17 AM
Dec 2012
MESMO QUE AQUELE GAROTO TENHA SIDO MEGA IDIOTA, EU ADOREI!! primeiro, eles betem nele, mandam pra um beco, fasem sei la o que (e minha imaginação esta fertil hoje), depois ele é salvo por um lutador fodão que alem de ensinar ele a ser forte ainda fica dando em cima dele!! então aquela cena no campo (aquilo foi um beijo não foi??!!??) mas depois o guri age igual um retardado! mesmo assim amei que tenha tido pelo menos um episodio yaoi no jigoku shoujo, pq ja tava injusto, com aquela abertura yuri e sem nada yaoi. amei!
Jun 18, 2013 11:06 AM

Jun 2013
the hell... why shounen-ai....
Aug 18, 2013 11:44 AM
Aug 2012
i bet the nurse is tsugumi. she was wearing butterfly earrings
Dec 5, 2013 9:52 PM

Jun 2012
at episode 1 and 2 this season was seeming to get better then he other 2 seasons episode 3 was not that bad either but now at episode 4 its going down hill because it seems the episode is not fitting in the shows theme in my eyes and not because he sent him to hell for not helping.

the episode it self might down hill but the point this episode is making is really clear i mean lets get real if we sent someone to hell for not helping we could sent this whole world to hell cause now this days almost everybody will pick up there phones and film whats happening to place it on YouTube or something similar instead of helping someone.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
May 11, 2014 10:59 PM

Dec 2010
I watched this episode today and I HAD to search for a discussion thread, because I seriously didn't understand.
The promotor defended Takeru and I thought they had feelings for each other until the end.
When Takeru met Enma Ai and got the doll thingy I thought he would curse the guy that was beating him at the beginning of the episode. Even if it was, I wouldn't understand, because it seemed as if he didn't hate the guy.
I just _don't_ get it.
I can't find a reason to send the promotor to hell.
That scene at the train... dude, even if it wasn't because he wanted to protect Takeru.... even if he was just scared to face a guy with a knife... I would be scared in his position. Everyone in that train was. There _isn't_ a reason.
I can't understaaaaand!!!!
Seriously.
What the fuck
r3ccaMay 11, 2014 11:02 PM
Jul 8, 2014 2:07 AM

Jan 2014
The last part ruined the entire episode. It's a shame, because the build-up was pretty interesting, but man that reason was just lame and selfish.
God the only one who has to go to hell it's Takeru for being that selfish.

I'm starting to see Enma Ai (even though she never shows up lol) and the others as the bad guys.
Not that they weren't in the past, but given that they were forced (or at least Enma was) and that the people sent to hell in some ways deserved it, it was like a palliative, but now I'd really bitchslap all the Jigoku Tsushiin crew.
But Kikuri is so cute though, even though the gag in front of the autobus was really nonsense.

By the way I don't feel like trashing this episode, but that ending almost makes me.

2/5.
Sep 8, 2014 3:13 AM

Apr 2013
Lol @ the responses to this episode. I guess humanity is full of perfectly sane and morally correct people, not that the show came along displaying the flaws of humanity or anything.

Oh wait...
Oct 27, 2014 11:10 PM

Nov 2013
Holy shit that episode was terrible! For the love of god, can we please stop having bad episodes like this please?

I don't even know what was going on in that kid's head to make him do that...

Who in the right mind would send a friend to hell just because he failed to be a hero to you, and YOU'RE GONNA PUNISH YOURSELF FOR IT?! I am at a lost for words...I've never seen a character in these last 2 seasons be this retarded...

I seriously thought he was gonna send the thug who cut the guy's hair on the bus but NOOOOOOOOO he sends his goddamn friend for failing to be a role model while PUNISHING YOURSELF FOR IT?!

The shounen-ai! THE FUCKING SHOUNEN-AI! WHY?!?!?!?!

This is easily the worst Jigoku Shoujo episode I've ever seen. This is also the first episode I've ever given a 2/5.
FunnyRatmanOct 27, 2014 11:20 PM

Nov 25, 2014 9:14 PM

Aug 2010
What an idiot. So far people have been sent to hell for pretty stupid reasons this season. But none of them hold a candle to this idiot. He deserves to get bullied and thank god he's going to goto hell.

Probably the first time I've given an episode such a low rating.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» do you really believe that all thee victims deserved to go to hell

geekfreak17a - May 17, 2014

5 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 18 Discussion

guyklc - Feb 7, 2009

35 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 27, 2008

72 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 23 Discussion

guyklc - Mar 14, 2009

47 by patkarunungan »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beave - Mar 20, 2009

52 by Phobossus »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.