Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 23, 2012 11:15 AM

Feb 2008
I thought that first season was not really good and boring so I was not sure about watching season 2.
After other comments, glad I've not watched it, no time wasted on 2 whole seasons of boring show ...
Sep 23, 2012 11:29 AM

Dec 2011
I thought this would be finished by the second one.
My goodness. I watch the anime because I love puzzles...
but this is turning horrible really.

I guess I'll watch it too, since I have finished Season I and II eventually.

Where are they getting the money?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2012 11:30 AM

Nov 2008
wtf dude r they kidding me. why is this thing still going on
Sep 23, 2012 11:57 AM

May 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
like seriously, the first season was okay, the second season was boring and repetitive. what's the third season gonna be? does kaito have ANOTHER childhood friend that goes evil????????? goodness gracious this is tiring.
Sep 23, 2012 1:59 PM

May 2008
OMG I'M SO HAPPY

Now they just need another blonde haired kid who wants to have sex with Kaito.

But seriously speaking I'm glad because I was worried it'd really end. I love Phi Brain.

Sep 23, 2012 2:00 PM

Nov 2008
This is honestly some pretty surprising news. Oh well, it's enjoyable in its own way. Hopefully the new OP will be god-tier like the previous two.
Sep 23, 2012 2:43 PM

Jun 2010
..... I am currently watching Season 1 and it ain't that bad but I heard Season 2 is boring. Lets see. It a "meh" announcement for me.
Sep 23, 2012 4:58 PM

Apr 2012
While this anime isn't groundbreaking or anything in the least, it's great for plain ole entertainment value.

I personally enjoyed both seasons just because I didn't expect much and was surprised at how interesting a "kids" anime could be.

Anyways, people should stop being so judgmental and just give this show a chance, rather than discarding it as junk based on a few people's impressions after watching 1 or 2 episodes.

And I'm totally looking forward to the third season!

Sep 23, 2012 6:31 PM

Dec 2011
Puzzle time and Ana soothes my soul.
Sep 23, 2012 7:02 PM

Jun 2011
Oh wow==
I don't even know if I will have the motivation to finish the first two seasons....
Sep 23, 2012 7:04 PM

Feb 2012
NOOOOOO!

Oh, i'm sorry. Was i supposed to be excited?
I can't take another season of that crud. There seriously is not much they can do to that show to redeem it.
Unless Nonoha suddenly becomes a puzzle boss and goes bad-ass with her hair own. :o Id totally watch a season 3 for that.
Even if not im probably going to watch t just because i've seen the first two....
VyudaliSep 23, 2012 7:09 PM
Sep 23, 2012 7:22 PM

May 2007
At least there is a break between the seasons this time.

I liked season 1 despite it's many flaws, but season 2 has been pretty dull and bad.

Kaito you didn't know, on the day you were suppose to meet Rook, you abandoned Freecell that morning, and in the afternoon you were suppose to meet Solitaire(I don't know what stupid name it will be), then in season 4, one week later he overslept and got another lifelong enemy.
My anime list
Sep 24, 2012 9:49 AM

Feb 2010
Wow, crap really stinks a lot longer in Japan sometimes Oo.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 24, 2012 9:54 AM

Sep 2009
Kuberu said:
Again?xD what another person Kaito forgot in the past or his secret friend?:P

I guess they will solve Fool's Puzzle and destroy the replica rings across the world. At least, that's what they have hinted in the season 2 finale.
Sep 24, 2012 10:42 AM

Oct 2011
OMG I am so happy XD. I plan to get the 1st season DVD's
Sep 24, 2012 6:12 PM

Jun 2011
All this negativity :C
I personally think it's a very
entertaining show.
I can't imagine going without it..
forever..
Besides, season 3 could be what some hoped season 2 would be.
Anna's reasons for being all girl while he is a boy, revealed!
...along with some other answers,
the most important of all:
WHY DOESN'T NONOHA PUT HAIR DOWN AND KEEP IT THAT WAY.
Sep 25, 2012 5:52 AM

Sep 2007
Good new.
When you saw theses ragins post, you knew Phi Brain is a good anime.
Sep 25, 2012 4:17 PM

Jul 2011
Sigh. I watched season 2 for Freecell because I liked the VA. (Rook got 2 eyes now. <3)
I'll watch the first episode and decide if I wanna put it on hold. But really...
Sep 25, 2012 10:00 PM

Aug 2009
You gotta be kidding me, I couldn't get past the first season.
Sep 25, 2012 10:18 PM

Sep 2011
What? Is it actually that successful? Because they would be making negative profits right now.(AKA, losing a ton of money)

Looks like people here have rather an unfavorable opinion of it!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Sep 25, 2012 10:55 PM

Oct 2010
I don't know if i can handle another season of this show. It's seriously boring me half to death when i watch it.

I'll give the first ep a go, but i seriously think i'll drop it. :|

Sep 28, 2012 1:05 PM

Nov 2010
MohamedGhastly said:
bastek66 said:
VioLink said:
BABY OPEN MY GATE

I don't watch this show but I remember season 1's OP being good.

Second season one is even better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5B-XZA62Z8

true OP 2 is better ^^

I expected they will announce a third saison but this was really fast !!!
the first season was fine but the second is average :/

I really love the second season OP ^^

I like the 1st season more than 2nd season..Hope the 3rd season will be better than the previous seasons..
I like Rook but i think his hairstyle very similar to my sis make-up brush..(maybe??)
Oct 25, 2012 1:52 PM
Sep 2009
I actually liked season 2 far more than season 1. Was tempted drop 1st season several times.

So for me it was an improvement.

Not the best show ever but I'll check several episodes of upcoming season.
Nov 18, 2012 5:56 PM

Sep 2011
tamachana said:
I don't know if i can handle another season of this show. It's seriously boring me half to death when i watch it.

I'll give the first ep a go, but i seriously think i'll drop it. :|

Infinite Stratos was the anime that taught me that, not all shows are worthy of finishing to the end -_-
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Nov 19, 2012 1:56 AM

Oct 2007
Season two was already too much. I guess toys are selling greatly? I fail to see any other reason why would anyone want to create more of a show like this one.
Nov 23, 2012 5:56 PM

Feb 2010
I enjoyed the first two seasons, so I'll look forward to watching the the third. I was into the plot and the characters for the first two seasons. Freecell and Rook looking the same and being very similar was kind of repetitive, but it didn't bother me too much. That said, if the third season is a repeat of that I will be disappointed.

They have a lot of characters set up that can make the next season interesting. I'd like to see more of Rook and the people from Orpheus Order, especially Melancholy. The most disappointing part of season 2 for me was that she and Klondike were taking out so easy after having been built up. I wouldn't have minded one, but I really wanted to see what kind of puzzle Melancholy could make especially.

What I feel next season NEEDS:
A fresh plot
Less repetitive puzzles
A different villain

What I DESIRE from next season:
More character development for Kaito's friends
Someone aside from Kaito to solve puzzles too
Elena, Rook and Melancholy to have more focus
Gammon to have more focus

Gammon really seemed kind of forgotten in season 2, along with Cubic. They got their time, but I would have liked to have seen more of them, especially Gammon.
Nov 25, 2012 9:58 PM

Apr 2011
Phi Brain sucks...give Tower of God: The Movie and I die a happy man.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Dec 7, 2012 6:20 AM

Jul 2012
I'm okay with a third season. I finished the first season rather quickly and it was pretty interesting. I took a 2month break from the show halfway season 2 though because I was kind of getting bored with the whole thing. It basicly is the same recipe every single episode, and while that recipe may work for the first 30 episodes, it seriously doesn't for all the later episodes.

I hope season 3 will be something more refreshing, because if it's just like season 2 then I doubt that I'll last longer then 10 episodes.
Dec 21, 2012 1:33 AM

May 2007
I recently started watching this series and just got round to completing the first season.

The first 2 episodes of the season were shit and just plain bad and annoying. I dropped it and then back to it.

However, episode 3 and 4 were good and I enjoyed them. Then I watched episode 5, which was just horrible.....this was when I dropped it again for the 2nd time.

I had downloaded all the episodes of season 1 and 2 already, I had cooked a meal and I wanted to watch something stupid, a series where I didn't need to concentrate whilst eating and so I continued watching the first season of Phi Brain.

I marathoned the first season and just finished it off, it was decent but had some horrible episodes in between the good ones, some of the character quirks were just silly and stupid but that's to be expected since this anime is so obviously aimed at kids and it also being an "educational" anime too, NHK will just support the series forever, so I wouldn't be surprised if this series ended up getting a 4th season.

I continue to watch this series because of certain characters specifically Gammon and Elena. I'm wondering if Maze, the blonde POG chick from the first season features in the 2nd season, I kinda like her character....hoping she will make a couple with someone eventually but I doubt it since she really is just an "extra" to the anime cast.
Dec 24, 2012 9:43 AM
May 2009
I swear to god if this gets a third season, Btooom better get a second.
Dec 25, 2012 11:22 AM

May 2007
Lil_Wayne said:

Btoom won't get a 2nd season.....not for a very long time that is say 2 to 3 years.

I don't understand all the badmouthing this series is getting. I know there were many moments in season 1 that I felt I wanted to drop the series altogether but season 2 is a different story. Season 2 is far superior to the first season, it's actually way more enjoyable this time round, I'm up to episode 22 of Phi Brain S2 and I'm actually glad I picked this series up. This show of course is very predictable much like the way Pokemon was, where the Hero almost wins all the time and no "real" deaths in the series but that can't be helped since it's an educational anime aimed at kids.

Anyways, I'll be looking forward to season 3 and I reckon it will premier this Spring 2013.
Dec 25, 2012 1:30 PM
May 2009
JCDRANZER said:
Lil_Wayne said:

Btoom won't get a 2nd season.....not for a very long time that is say 2 to 3 years.

I don't understand all the badmouthing this series is getting. I know there were many moments in season 1 that I felt I wanted to drop the series altogether but season 2 is a different story. Season 2 is far superior to the first season, it's actually way more enjoyable this time round, I'm up to episode 22 of Phi Brain S2 and I'm actually glad I picked this series up. This show of course is very predictable much like the way Pokemon was, where the Hero almost wins all the time and no "real" deaths in the series but that can't be helped since it's an educational anime aimed at kids.

Anyways, I'll be looking forward to season 3 and I reckon it will premier this Spring 2013.

Phi Brain has absolutely no plot whatsoever. Its pretty episodic and it doesnt really go anywhere. Thats fine, theres nothing wrong with that, but its basically something you watch to kill time. Its not really enjoyable, doesn't make you think, it doesn't draw you into its story if you know what I mean. I have watched both seasons and will likely watch the third just because I hate leaving series unfinished, but my enjoyment of the series decreases every episode.

Btooom! while not great is infinitely better and the potential to be really good is there as there is a lot to work with. It has a small cast of characters that can be developed very well. The game itself is interesting and has a very big mental aspect that can be used. However, due to it being somewhat cliched and being unpopular even prior to the anime, it likely will be left unfinished similar to Deadman Wonderland which ended up being insanely good and when the manga comes back from hiatus I am sure will have a phenomenal ending.

I'm sure Madhouse did both as one shots and I thought both were very well done (deadman wonderland didnt really stick to the manga but their rendition wasn't bad at all). They used all of the current source material available at the time knowing that enough source material wouldnt be avilable for a second season for years meaning that unless the series ended up wildly popular there won't be a second season which neither did, but still I wish that Deadman would get a reboot and Btooom will eventually get finished, but I dont see that as likely to happen which is unfortunate.

This one the other hand is pretty much garbage filler that you watch every week on whim has three season which is sad to me when compared to something like Deadman Wonderland which is really good as a manga, but won't ever get a reboot. Btooom isn't anything special, but the potential to be good was there and it also won't get a second season in all liklihood.

To me seeing things like this suggests that the companies dont give a a crap about what they put out there so long as you watch it, when in reality the reason you get excited about certain animes is because certain companies (Madhouse being my all time favorite for quality) are backing it and have a reputation for backing or creating really good animes. Kind of a contradiction there if you know what I mean. When I look at the previews for a season, my first reaction is to scan through them and see okay did any of the studios that produce anime I usually like back any of these shows. If I find any I immediately read the plots and put them on my watch list even if the genre isnt my cup of tea. Why? Because sometimes the synopsis doesnt do them justice and other times the show is so well done that I like it even though i dont like the genre (Code Geass, Madoka Magica, Steins Gate, Sword Art Online come to mind as shows where the synopsis didnt do the show justice)
Lil_WayneDec 25, 2012 1:49 PM
Jan 1, 2013 6:03 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
OrochiPL said:
Where the hell do they get the money for that?

From what ive heard. Money is smallest problem in anime industry. Anime goes mostly by rankings and popularity. And amount of content they can use. Since phi brain ratings are quite high and there is enough content in manga they can keep making series If rating goes down then the budget will be also limited.

Also some series make break or are forced to take off in order to show other series too. So it wouldn't take up all time in channels..
Jan 1, 2013 7:43 AM

Apr 2010
vaikepois said:
OrochiPL said:

From what ive heard. Money is smallest problem in anime industry. Anime goes mostly by rankings and popularity. And amount of content they can use. Since phi brain ratings are quite high and there is enough content in manga they can keep making series If rating goes down then the budget will be also limited.

I don't even know where to start with this. First, Phi Brain is an original property, so theres no manga other than one to promote the anime. And its got mediocre at best ratings (barely better than late night). And anime goes more by DVD Sales and merchandise than anything like "Rankings and popularity".

The reason Phi Brain is doing well itself is merchandise. Its selling video games and board games related to puzzles pretty well.
---
And also to the people arguing about a 2nd season of Btooom... its not happening. Its quite possibly the worst selling show of the season. Those types of shows never do well with otaku. And why are you guys even comparing some gory late night anime to a kids show, anyway?
RyanSaotomeJan 1, 2013 9:02 AM

Jan 1, 2013 8:59 AM

Nov 2012
its not that good but japanese people like it so thats the reason for S3
Cheers,
CrossRyuu
Jan 1, 2013 11:22 AM
May 2009
RyanSaotome said:
vaikepois said:
OrochiPL said:

I don't even know where to start with this. First, Phi Brain is an original property, so theres no manga other than one to promote the anime. And its got mediocre at best ratings (barely better than late night). And anime goes more by DVD Sales and merchandise than anything like "Rankings and popularity".

The reason Phi Brain is doing well itself is merchandise. Its selling video games and board games related to puzzles pretty well.
---
And also to the people arguing about a 2nd season of Btooom... its not happening. Its quite possibly the worst selling show of the season. Those types of shows never do well with otaku. And why are you guys even comparing some gory late night anime to a kids show, anyway?

Im not comparing the two shows and I realize Btooom! wont get a second season. However, it is beyond me how Phi Brain which has been terrible has been green lit for 3 25 episode seasons while some notably better anime (One Outs, Btooom!, Deadman Wonderland) cant even get a second season. Its not about any one anime in general, its about something like Phi Brain which is complete and utter crap (not trying to derogatory towards, but in terms of quality its pretty bad) getting 3 seasons, while quality anime cant seem to get more than one (of which there are numerous examples).

Late night shows are often better because kids dont watch and the creators have more creative freedom to work with and delve into the darker side of human nature. Code Geass would be the perfect example of how much the air time affects quality. Code Geass season 1 was great, but R2 was terrible because it had to be completely rewritten because the show had been moved from its later air time to one where more kids would be watching (in terms of quality r2 was pretty bad, still love the show tho).

You can make the argument for Btooom! that there is no more source material to work with and thats fine, but Deadman Wonderland has been great in terms of the manga and would likely do well if there was a reboot that followed the manga. One Outs has enough source material now and its pretty good.

One Outs is fairly comparable to Phi Brain in that it goes nowhere, but they just do a much better job of it and yet no second season for One Outs.

Liar Game doesnt even have an anime (altho it did have some live action stuff so maybe thats why) even though it does the same thing much better than Phi Brain. Not saying it should be animated, but just pointing out another series that does what Phi Brain does in a much better way.

My complaint here is basically that Phi Brain should in no way be getting a third when much better shows arent even considered for a second. Furthermore, Phi Brain is crap in its own genre (as the ratings implied according to you), and im not sure how ratings dont equal popularity, but like you said since Phi brain is more marketable in terms of merchandise, it will continue on while others will be dropped. Its a shame and an injustice imo but what can you do.
Lil_WayneJan 1, 2013 11:37 AM
Jan 1, 2013 11:53 AM
May 2009
jmal said:
Lil_Wayne said:
Im not comparing the two shows and I realize Btooom! wont get a second season. However, it is beyond me how Phi Brain which has been terrible has been green lit for 3 25 episode seasons while some notably better anime (One Outs, Btooom!, Deadman Wonderland) cant even get a second season.

Completely different business models. What Btooom! or Deadman Wonderland needs to get a sequel is simply different from what Phi Brain needs. Your post seems to indicate that you understand this on some level, so I guess maybe you just wanted to vent your frustration, but a lot of people ask the same questions and genuinely don't get it.

I realize im just venting my frustration a bit. I get that the business models are different, but I also find it hilarious that something that it is genuinely good has to hop over several more and much larger hurdles than something that is crap just because of who it is aimed at. That kind of industry standard makes it very hard for writers and mangaka to continue stories when they could easily write something like Phi Brain and ultimately be more profitable.

Jan 1, 2013 11:57 AM

Apr 2010
Its ultimately a business. For manga, you'll find much more varied kinds of stories and experiences due to many more magazines being able to cover those manga, but for anime you've only got limited space with the TV slots and budgets. They are almost always going to focus on what makes the most sense to animate from a financial standpoint. Stuff like Btoom and Deadman Wonderland just didn't make money, so theres no reason to greenlight sequels since it would only lose the production committees money. And if theres one thing companies hate, its losing money.

Jan 1, 2013 2:57 PM

Apr 2012
JCDRANZER said:

It actually doesn't air until September 30, 2013 (it shows that in the last episode).

All the same, I'm looking forward to seeing what new direction they try to take this show. It's got its flaws, but for some reason I like it.

And to those people comparing this to Btooom! and other shows: please just stop. Phi Brain is a kids show sponsored by the NHK television network. In addition to a very desirable kids television slot, its merchandise is selling very well. The measures of success for this and late night anime (manga sales, DVD sales, etc.) are not the same at all.

And why is so much hate coming toward Phi Brain now? Hidamari Sketch has 4 seasons (and a probable 5th one soon), but I don't see everyone complaining about that even though its not very popular outside of Japan.

Jan 3, 2013 3:27 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Lil_Wayne said:
RyanSaotome said:
vaikepois said:
OrochiPL said:

---

Im not comparing the two shows and I realize Btooom! wont get a second season. However, it is beyond me how Phi Brain which has been terrible has been green lit for 3 25 episode seasons while some notably better anime (One Outs, Btooom!, Deadman Wonderland) cant even get a second season. Its not about any one anime in general, its about something like Phi Brain which is complete and utter crap (not trying to derogatory towards, but in terms of quality its pretty bad) getting 3 seasons, while quality anime cant seem to get more than one (of which there are numerous examples).

Late night shows are often better because kids dont watch and the creators have more creative freedom to work with and delve into the darker side of human nature. Code Geass would be the perfect example of how much the air time affects quality. Code Geass season 1 was great, but R2 was terrible because it had to be completely rewritten because the show had been moved from its later air time to one where more kids would be watching (in terms of quality r2 was pretty bad, still love the show tho).

You can make the argument for Btooom! that there is no more source material to work with and thats fine, but Deadman Wonderland has been great in terms of the manga and would likely do well if there was a reboot that followed the manga. One Outs has enough source material now and its pretty good.

One Outs is fairly comparable to Phi Brain in that it goes nowhere, but they just do a much better job of it and yet no second season for One Outs.

Liar Game doesnt even have an anime (altho it did have some live action stuff so maybe thats why) even though it does the same thing much better than Phi Brain. Not saying it should be animated, but just pointing out another series that does what Phi Brain does in a much better way.

My complaint here is basically that Phi Brain should in no way be getting a third when much better shows arent even considered for a second. Furthermore, Phi Brain is crap in its own genre (as the ratings implied according to you), and im not sure how ratings dont equal popularity, but like you said since Phi brain is more marketable in terms of merchandise, it will continue on while others will be dropped. Its a shame and an injustice imo but what can you do.

Well Phi has quite high ratings and viewer base.. +they can safely have enough materials and conntent to actually finish the series at their own pace.
Producers could take other series aswell.... but how they decide on what series to finish is also up to them.

Some anime have 1 season and shorter and see how it goes. If well enough they can announce another season,
While other anime just rush however it goes. Might have bad impact. But this is also decision made by producers.

Thats why style, timing and so on.. doesent really matter on budget. Ofcourse if there is more budget there is better chance of getting another season, but this isnt really main problem.

WHat im trying to say. Money isnt their biggest problem.
Jan 3, 2013 8:49 AM
May 2009
vaikepois said:
Lil_Wayne said:
RyanSaotome said:
vaikepois said:
OrochiPL said:

---

Well Phi has quite high ratings and viewer base.. +they can safely have enough materials and conntent to actually finish the series at their own pace.
Producers could take other series aswell.... but how they decide on what series to finish is also up to them.

Some anime have 1 season and shorter and see how it goes. If well enough they can announce another season,
While other anime just rush however it goes. Might have bad impact. But this is also decision made by producers.

Thats why style, timing and so on.. doesent really matter on budget. Ofcourse if there is more budget there is better chance of getting another season, but this isnt really main problem.

WHat im trying to say. Money isnt their biggest problem.

Well it is and it isnt. You have to look at novel anime or mangas possible to adapt like stocks. If you invest too much in one you're going to end up losing money if it falls. Now there are safe stocks like Phi Brain (children viewer base, low threshold needed for quality of content, easy to merchandise etc...), and there are higher risk and higher reward stocks (psycho-pass comes to mind recently). These stocks have a more limited fanbase and a much higher quality requirement for them to be pay dividends. However, if they pay dividends (Code Geass comes to mind), you will ultimately make more off that than a safe stock like Phi Brain. However, given that more of these fail than succeed and studios can generate a more consistent payout from putting out stuff like Phi Brain, we often never see continuation of higher risk higher reward anime like Deadman Wonderland despite it having everything needed to succeed (the reason it didnt at the time was that madhouse did not follow the manga, likely due to tv restrictions, and there was not enough source material when they animated it which has changed dramatically now).

My problem stems from the fact that this sceario ultimately will kill off these higher risk higher reward, and imo higher quality animes, because writers wont have any reason to (besides passion I suppose) continue writing these because studios will never produce them because ultimately stuff like Phi Brain will make them more money in the long run and this will guide writers to creating more stuff like Phi Brain. Overall, I dont think its good for the industry as a whole nor the viewers. Imo Phi Brain getting a third season is just a sign that shows like it are ruining shows like Btooom, Deadman Wonderland, and One Outs which have tremendous potential to be hits based on thier source material but ultimately wont because their first run through was dry for one reason or another (deadman didnt follow the manga, one outs ran our of source material and took to long to get enough source material for a second, same with btooom! altho Im betting madhouse knew that would be a one shot like with Deadman.)
Lil_WayneJan 3, 2013 8:54 AM
Jan 3, 2013 8:55 AM

Apr 2010
Lil_Wayne said:
we often never see continuation of higher risk higher reward anime like Deadman Wonderland despite it having everything needed to succeed

Deadman Wonderland was a high risk low reward anime. Those types of anime never sell in Japan.. best it coulda done was maybe 2-3k.

Jan 11, 2013 12:44 AM

Feb 2010
Whoever of you just reading this wondering whether or not to watch Phi Brain: Ignore people's hate here. Phi Brain has been great fun for me this far. It might not have amazing character development, a super complex plot, impressive artwork or a fan gathering of angry elitists, but what it has is a kickass soundtrack and a lot of style. This show is a nostalgic kind of thing, reminiscent of Yu Gi Oh in a way. When the shows you watched were a lot simpler, having the same structure in every episode.

First half is the introduction, second half is Puzzle Time. And most of the time, Kaito is here to kick ass and solve puzzles, in the most epic way you will ever see. I've never seen anything quite like this and although not every episode might be amazing, you know shit is going to go down and at the end you'll feel good. It's almost a kind of naive childish fun. It's a show for everyone trying to air at a time for everyone and even making use of the advertisement in between for good measure. They don't rely on DVD sales, so this won't have a massive fan gathering of angry elitists who are disgruntled at this getting a third season while other, more 2deep4u shows do that air somewhere around 4 am.

And you know what, I'm actually really happy about that. If you can't see why this got a third season, you are honestly an idiot.

Phi Brain is a lot of fun for me thus far and I know I'll enjoy the third season as well. I can only begin to imagine what kind of villains they'll come up next. However much people like Rook more than Freecell, for me it's the other way around. Season 2 felt like a logical continuation to me, though I agree some puzzles shouldn't have been reused and Gammon should've been in the screen more. I mean... he did pretty much make the show in season one.

There should not be any romance. There is no time for romance when it's clearly puzzle time. Just look at the beach episode. Do you honestly think any of the puzzling characters want any romance?

And I hope this time the OP/ED and OST will be just as amazing as those of the other two seasons. Haters gonna hate, I love this show.
Jan 11, 2013 4:02 AM

Sep 2012
^ I don't think I'll like Phi Brain, but reading your outline of why you love the show I can now understand its appeals and how some love it so much. I can feel your joy and keenness in your writing, which I think is the most important thing: Each one can enjoy the show he loves that appeals to him personally and one does not need to ridicule or bash other shows to justify what he loves. Rather it makes sense to focus on all the small details that you find fascinating in shows you watch that is the key, and I can see you are enjoying Phi Brain on such a detailed level.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 24, 2013 11:25 PM

Sep 2010
It's a shame the show doesn't have more people that like it.
I for one did like the series, second season included.
Though I hope to see more of Nonoha in the Third Season...
Jan 27, 2013 9:25 PM

Jul 2009
Potestas said:
Whoever of you just reading this wondering whether or not to watch Phi Brain: Ignore people's hate here. Phi Brain has been great fun for me this far. It might not have amazing character development, a super complex plot, impressive artwork or a fan gathering of angry elitists, but what it has is a kickass soundtrack and a lot of style. This show is a nostalgic kind of thing, reminiscent of Yu Gi Oh in a way. When the shows you watched were a lot simpler, having the same structure in every episode.

First half is the introduction, second half is Puzzle Time. And most of the time, Kaito is here to kick ass and solve puzzles, in the most epic way you will ever see. I've never seen anything quite like this and although not every episode might be amazing, you know shit is going to go down and at the end you'll feel good. It's almost a kind of naive childish fun. It's a show for everyone trying to air at a time for everyone and even making use of the advertisement in between for good measure. They don't rely on DVD sales, so this won't have a massive fan gathering of angry elitists who are disgruntled at this getting a third season while other, more 2deep4u shows do that air somewhere around 4 am.

And you know what, I'm actually really happy about that. If you can't see why this got a third season, you are honestly an idiot.

Phi Brain is a lot of fun for me thus far and I know I'll enjoy the third season as well. I can only begin to imagine what kind of villains they'll come up next. However much people like Rook more than Freecell, for me it's the other way around. Season 2 felt like a logical continuation to me, though I agree some puzzles shouldn't have been reused and Gammon should've been in the screen more. I mean... he did pretty much make the show in season one.

There should not be any romance. There is no time for romance when it's clearly puzzle time. Just look at the beach episode. Do you honestly think any of the puzzling characters want any romance?

And I hope this time the OP/ED and OST will be just as amazing as those of the other two seasons. Haters gonna hate, I love this show.

exactly what i was insinuating(not sure if it was this thread or another). I basically stated that this show has a very niche target audience, and really you either hate it or like it. I even made the comparison to yugioh as well. For instance pepole like to jab that first season of yugioh(barring season 0) is the best season barely giving the subsequent seasons a try. A common thing that many say is that motorcycles killed 5ds(which its only part of the show). People who actually sat down and watched 5D's through most likely thought it was a great season. The characters are likable, the show was much darker than other seasons of yugioh besides season 0. I can say Phi Brain isnt for everyone, but for the people who like it, tend to actually like it alot.
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Jan 31, 2013 3:29 AM

Jan 2013
what? i really enjoyed S1 & S2.
but i kinda i agree that S2 was a little exaggerated and a little too over but i still love the story.
i.. i still like the story really story omg ... ( ; _ ; )
Mar 15, 2013 3:46 PM

May 2010
As anyone, I personally liked the first season and now i start to watch the second season. And i still like it ^_^ After that what i knew that will be 3rd season, i was really surprised. And I'm will be waiting it *_*
Mar 23, 2013 8:00 AM

Jan 2012
Hope that this won't be a repeat of the first/second season again... no more lunartics with psychological health problems because of the armlet, and with a creepy attachment to Kaito please^^
Mar 23, 2013 10:19 PM

Dec 2008
EmilieLucia12 said:
Hope that this won't be a repeat of the first/second season again... no more lunartics with psychological health problems because of the armlet, and with a creepy attachment to Kaito please^^

I hope so too, the second season was just a copy of the first season, I would like something new this time.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
3 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
6 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
7 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.