Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 29, 2014 8:12 PM

Nov 2012
Their Snow White version was hilarious to the max. You can't end a Yuru Yuri season without an explosion!
Apr 17, 2014 3:12 AM

Oct 2009
That was perfect!!! Man that was the best iteration of Snow White ever XD!!

Such a brilliant show, loved every bit of it!!

9/10! Season 3 PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 29, 2014 11:02 AM

Sep 2011
Yuru Yuri is such a thought provoking series. I'm constantly thinking "Why do I like watching this shit so much?" and "What the fuck am I doing with my life?".

So yeah, season 3 plz.
May 10, 2014 6:11 AM

Apr 2010
Way better than S1.
May 22, 2014 7:14 AM
Jun 2011
So finally I got to watch both seasons and honestly, way better than S1, Akari being more present and of course:

Yet another "Terrorists. Win"
Jun 12, 2014 2:13 PM

Feb 2014
Another fantastic episode, reminded me a bit about Nisekoi's finale.

Actually enjoyed season 2 quite a lot more than season 1. 10/10 for this season and really hoping for a season 3, although it's been a while without any announcement so sort of doubt it.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Jun 14, 2014 8:19 PM

May 2014
There needs to be a season three! This series has become one of my favorite anime, both S1 and S2! Imma read the Yuru Yuri manga to keep myself entertained with more of this series! Also this episode was so funny; I would love to see a movie of Snow White occur like it did in this ep. lmao Kyouko is awesome.
yo quiero taco bell
Jun 28, 2014 9:31 AM

May 2013
Recently binged watched all of season 1 and season 2 of this show. I love the mix of a 'cute girls doing cute things' and yuri elements they did in this. I thought that season 1 was a little bit better than season 2, but season 2 had its good moments. It also had the episode about the girls and their relationships with their sisters which I found cute for the most part.

7/10 for season 1 and 6/10 for season 2.

I'm looking forward to the OVA coming out soon.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Oct 8, 2014 1:42 PM

Jan 2013
At least it's not an Romeu and Juliet adaptation.
It's always funny to see the characters personalities on these drama adaptations.
Oct 30, 2014 5:00 PM

Mar 2011
It was a good episode I liked how it started slow with them just hanging out doing what they do and the second half being a nice send off to the whole cast. I will miss the cast ( except for Sakurako) if a third season is never made but I'll watch the upcoming OVA.
ThePsiRockerOct 30, 2014 5:04 PM
Nov 1, 2014 10:48 AM

Feb 2014
--About Season One: 7/10 for season 1.

--About Season Two: 6/10 for episodes 1 to 10;
8/10 for ep. 11; and
7/10 for ep. 12
This gives an overall of 6,25, however, since there isn't a score 6,25 to mark, the final score will be 6/10.
TechOtakuNov 1, 2014 10:54 AM
Nov 11, 2014 2:40 PM

Sep 2014
I liked the first season and the second season didn't disappoint me. If anything, it was even bit better! I feel like we got to see more screentime of other characters, especially Sakurako and Himawari so I liked it a lot. Kinda wish they kept the first opening, I liked it more. 8/10 even though it's just a plotless comedy. It's funny, has really cure art and what's the best about the show are the characters. I can't help but love them all. It's said to have 4 main characters, but I would say there are at least 8, we get to see a lot of both amusement club and the student council.
Sakurako is the best! I also like Ayano, Kyoko and Yui.
ImaishiNov 11, 2014 3:11 PM
Nov 11, 2014 7:01 PM

Sep 2014
Definitely agree with you. The second opening was great, but not as good as the first! I think anyone could listen to the first opening theme for hours and never get bored with it.
Nov 22, 2014 2:24 AM

Sep 2014
Legitimately shed a tear. For what is a show that I watched originally because my friend bugged me to over and over, I'm glad I stuck with it til the end. Not one of my favourite shows ever, but one of my favourite last episodes I've seen. Looking forward to the OVA which is soon! :D
Nov 28, 2014 6:20 PM

Aug 2014
Now that I have finished this anime I don't know hwat to do with my fucking life. Seiously
GLORIA FORTIS MILES
Dec 15, 2014 5:02 AM

Aug 2014
winter_mint said:
Oh yes! Hope to see a season 3 coming soon with more involvement from the Oneechans and Imoutos perhaps? It needs more Matsumoto though. Anyone else agree?
Totally. I got a decent dose of Akane, only to find myself wanting more Tomoko! XD Personally I hope she turns as creepy-stalkerish toward Akane as Akane is toward Akari, but proves a bit clumsy at it and ends up with Akane catching her at it. Bwehuehuehue. :3

Also, I for one want more Chizuru; she just keeps striking me as Interesting(tm). I adore Chitose, but everytime Chizuru shows up, she does something that makes me wonder just what's motivating her, even if it seems obvious.

Chinatsu, mistress of unorthodox projectiles. XD And apparently author of her own romantic downfall. Rather appropriate, tbh. Tho as much as it validates most of my pet ships ("most" since it also blows away my notions of Chizuru/Kyōko), I'm having a hard time buying it as actually being important.

Amazing that nobody's commented on Himawari's "You just can't take a hint" gripe toward Sakurako. She actually admitted it! :D :D :D But you're right, Hima - she can't take a hint unless applied with a sledgehammer. Just drag her into your bed for a night and I think you'll be fine.

...Can I start shipping Kaede/Mari yet?

Really wish I could give the ep 9/10, coz that's what I think it deserves. I think I can safely give it a 5/5 tho; it had me laughing my ass off most of the way through, didn't do anything that irritated me (especailly a return engagement of Derpino Kyōko!), and did get at least some form of romantic development...so yeah.

Your move, Chitose. Make it count.
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Apr 6, 2015 2:27 AM
Nov 2014
A bit better from Season 1. I'm a little bit impressed by how well they made this Season. Going to go watch the OVA now.

Final rating = 6/10. Great show for laugh and just to relax your mind, but I didn't liked some episodes.
May 7, 2015 10:45 PM

May 2014
Hmmm bit of a weak ending to the series, but eh! Still had a ton of fun! Tons of fantastic character moments and character interaction!
Aug 2, 2015 6:21 PM

Dec 2014
Another season of Yuru Yuri down. I really liked the OP and watched it every episode. The season itself was pretty much more of the same which isn't a bad thing. The Akari Who Leapt Through Time was definitely the best episode of the series by a landslide. But maybe that's just because Akari is my favorite character. Either way I'm looking forward to the OVA and the third season coming out.

6/10
Sep 22, 2015 12:59 AM

Jul 2015
Loved the interaction between the sensei and school president. abusing her small voice lmao. Ready for the 3rd season!
Oct 3, 2015 9:02 AM

Nov 2011
Episode hilarious, really funny part of the story refers to the tale of Snow White. Nice review sister Akari and other protagonists, I hope to be more present in the third season. I finally finished this second season waiting to begin the third, I hope that with the change of animation studio there are distortions. Drawings and animations as good quality. Thank you very much Doka Kobo!

8/10
Oct 3, 2015 7:58 PM
Jan 2015
Does anyone know which chapters of the manga season 2 covers?
Oct 29, 2015 5:23 PM

Jul 2015
Is an indirect kiss really that big of a deal to japanese people? I must have indirect kissed tons of people before and I didn't even give it a second thought. It was cute Himawari getting jealous over Sakurako because of that indirect kiss tho haha.
Jan 29, 2016 2:06 PM

Feb 2015
Brilliant final episode to a brilliant season. Certainly topped the last! 8/10
Feb 6, 2016 8:33 AM

Aug 2013
tHAT KISS. Good job Chinatsu..!!
Hahahaha Ayano was so jealous at the side too.
That was a nice play.. I really love this series.
Feb 25, 2016 7:31 AM

Jun 2015
That finale was awesome. Second season was much better than the first too.
:)
Mar 20, 2016 5:36 PM
Mar 2016
Wasn't a]on Par with the first seasons finale, but it was good!
Apr 18, 2016 7:05 PM
Aug 2013
Aaaand it's over ;_; that was definitely an improvement from season 1, been a fun ride.

Can't wait for more Yuru Yuri!
Jun 6, 2016 7:17 PM
Feb 2016
The Yuri Barnacles.

Once There was some yuri barnacles.
They were so yuri that everyone died.
The end.
(In reference to the last few seconds.)

EVERYONE POST WHO BEST DWARF IS IN THE COMMENTS
(CHOICES: GLASSES DWARF, TSUNDERE DWARF, RETORTING DWARF, EVIL DWARF, STUPID DWARF, BOOB DWARF, UNREMARKABLY UNREMARKABLE DWARF)
Jun 24, 2016 10:47 AM

Dec 2012
On to S3~ x3
I loved the Cinderella part, especially their names. xD
Kyouko still riigns as my favorite character lol.
Jul 2, 2016 6:31 AM

Jul 2012
That was fun season! Let's start season 3 now...
Aug 18, 2016 11:58 AM

Apr 2013
Akari's concern for the snake.

Aug 20, 2016 7:41 AM

May 2010
I've never said this before I think, but If I had to compare Kyouko with anyone from real-life, Exid's Hani would be perfect (kpop) the same tomboy character+flirting with the girls. It's like Hani in anime form

Anywauys, there we go, we were too sweet on Akari last episode

Akarin is blinding and the best <3

"waai~ gooey~" tbh all I see is Akari. Give me more of dem waais and dat blindness

Meh I'm not that into Chizuru... too violent

Thanks for getting jealous, Chinatsu. Now we get a kiss between the better ship, Yui x Kyouko (tho I'm fine with them being friends too, I prefer them over KyoukoxAyano or YuixChinatsu)

That ended on a good note (?) Last episode was more interesting tho. This wasn't particulary funny either. Still 8.5/10 for this season, kept me interested for 3 days and has a lovable cast with hilarious comedy. Akarin is mine <3
Jan 16, 2017 7:19 PM

Aug 2013
The whole episode was entertaining from start to finish. A lot of comedy anime get stale pretty quickly as the jokes get old but they've made it work with Yuru Yuri because the characters compliment each other so well.

Overall 8.5/10 (rounded down)
Jul 4, 2017 12:47 PM

Sep 2014
The snake part was so cute! Poor Akarin got so sad. Her reaction was so pure!
(I finally saw the snake meme in its context lol.)

Akari looked like a typical Indian woman with that red mark on her forehead. xD

The theatre play was hilarious and absurd on so many levels! I really liked it.
Chizuru shooting two tommy guns was so over the top. Was that live ammunition? lmao
The dwarves' names were great, I especially liked Tsundere and Tsukomi. So true.
Ayano's reaction when she could get an indirect kiss from Kyouko was so cute! Too bad Sakurako ruined it. She's the densest one of the bunch. lol
I also liked the families' reactions. The lolis were so kawaii!
Chinatsu's background was so horrible. omg
The kissing scene was hilarious and the robot part was so over the top! lol
Akarin, we'll never forget your heroic sacrifice. xDD
It was nice to see all the girls bowing to the audience at the end, especially Sakurako and Himawari. :3
Akarin as the MC was lovely, too. She deserves it!

I'm so glad there's a third season. This good bye ending was just for the in-show audience. We'll have more episodes! :D

Aaaand... mandatory explosion. top kek
LhasApsJul 4, 2017 12:51 PM
Feb 24, 2018 9:40 PM

Jul 2017
I love this series, it's probably one of my fav SoL's up there with Non Non Biyori and Lucky Star. Given how popular it is, it makes me wonder why so many similarly-styled shows that followed have opted for non-committal Yuri subtext. It always feels like they're knowingly cheating the audience somehow; either go all out or don't do it all imo. Clearly, if subtext is there, it's acknowledged the audience wants it anyway.

Yuru Yuri really seems to be one of a kind in this regard. It feels like your typical, laidback, funny SoL with cute girls, but without the forced Yuri subtext. Instead we get REAL Yuri, that somehow manages to be wholesome even when it's not wholesome at all. This has served the series very well and I have to give it major props for that. Looking forward to Season 3!
Feb 20, 2019 11:35 AM

Aug 2009
lol I love how they ended this season with a short flash of an explosion. Brilliantly done.

Also this episode confirmed that Akari is literally an angel. Amazing. I love how this show constantly subverts expectations, by showing us certain very plausible scenario's, but then the situation ends up way differently. Good stuff. Akari's reaction to stepping on the snake was priceless.

This season is way better than the last. Chihaya was kind of likeable sometimes so that was already way better than S1. Also Akari got more screentime and we got less yuri fantasies from Chizuru. S1 was oversaturated with those. They're funny when used infrequently, like in this season.

8/10, this was a great rewatch. Previously had this season on a 7/10, but it's definitely one of the more solid SOL comedies I've seen.
Apr 5, 2019 6:38 AM

Nov 2011
S1 was a bit better but love these characters, hope Akari gets more screen time in future seasons. 7.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 25, 2019 12:27 PM

Sep 2019
Season 2 is surprisingly better then season one I really enjoyed. It's probably because I can understand the characters more then I did at the start. Well good show not that good Not so bad either.

My final score: 6/10
Feb 8, 2021 10:31 AM

Feb 2020
One of the best anime ever and the best season of Yuru Yuri. 10/10.
Apr 20, 2021 2:42 PM
Feb 2021
Peak. Heckin'. Comedy.

This episode was funny as heck. I especially liked the part where they did a play for the school, That was very fun and kawaii. The part where the amusement club members where playing with old toys was also pretty fun. And of course Nishigaki's machine had to explode at the end, it's a staple at this point.

Great episode. Imma go watch season 3 now.
Nov 22, 2021 6:25 PM
Aug 2021
Loved this show. Super funny.
May 3, 2022 4:51 AM

Feb 2020
Serafos said:
One of the best anime ever and the best season of Yuru Yuri. 10/10.

I still pretty much agree with my previous post, but maybe this season is as awesome as the first one. I can't decide anymore which one is better.

This was the best version of Snow White ever. I loved the whole play so much.

Kyouko and Rise's pout faces were cute.

Chizuru was such a badass. xD

The Remarkable Unremarkable Dwarf. I feel sorry for Akarin.

Again, Tomoko and Akane would be a cute couple if Akene were "available..."

Finally, Kyouko kissed Yui! <3 Poor Chinatsu though. That was a little too much for her.

Anti-Snow White Robot. Talking about a random moment.

R.I.P everyone.

SerafosMar 28, 3:34 AM
Apr 1, 2023 9:52 PM
May 2018
No es mi tipo de anime
Jul 26, 2023 9:56 AM

Jan 2018
Expect this show to be heavy on yuri romance because of the title, but it turns out the comedy aspects outshine the yuri aspects.

The humor, comedy aspects, and CGDCT stuff are much better than in Season 1.
Most of the jokes are really innovative and somewhat creative; the number of repetitive or overused jokes was reduced this season.

The author is really clever in using reverse psychology on the main character, Akari. She makes her the most unremarkable one; therefore, she is the most remarkable one because I am always thinking about her in every episode.

Akari is the definition of "wife material" because of her kindness, innocence, naiveté, cuteness, and adorableness.
I find her voice actor really suitable because she makes Akari what she is. I love everything about her, from all her facial expressions to all the sounds that she makes. She really reminds me of Sayori from Doki Doki, minus the crippling depression.

Beside Akari, the rest of the characters contributed as much to this show as she did with each of their distinctive personalities.

All the OP and ED songs are cute and catchy. But the OP in SS1 will forever live rent-free in my head.

So my final rating will be Akarinnn~/10 (in other words, it's 9/10).
Average anime enjoyer.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

robokai - Aug 13, 2012

148 by asbest0sdust »»
Mar 17, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 30, 2012

123 by asbest0sdust »»
Mar 15, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kuuderes_shadow - Sep 10, 2012

188 by devil1001 »»
Jul 26, 2023 6:21 AM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Sep 3, 2012

110 by Michi00_ »»
Feb 9, 2023 1:07 AM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Jul 2, 2012

184 by Michi00_ »»
Jan 28, 2023 5:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.