Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 17, 2012 11:56 AM

Mar 2012
Vesanus said:
Because of instances I've been through, a seed planted itself in my mind somewhere that everyone that is seemingly nice is acting fake and is judging you.

I'm just speaking for myself, though. I'm a very closed person irl because I want to avoid being judged even if the person has no intentions of doing so. Maybe I just have some sort of weird social anxiety, who knows.

But why are you worried about being judged by people you'll probably never see again anyway?

No offence but that just doesn't make a whole lot of sense D:
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 11:57 AM

Nov 2010
Surprise there has been research into why women date assholes.

Now, research conducted at the University of Texas at San Antonio and published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology suggests that during ovulation hormones affect judgment of parenting potential.

http://gizmodo.com/5910421/why-women-date-assholes
Sep 17, 2012 12:02 PM
Apr 2009
You are too young to be particularly concerned about this; and to be honest, you don't need a woman to not feel lonely. Sometimes you might find that you don't have someone to talk to about stuff; but simply finding a girl is not going to change this (unless it is the right one). I have had very few relationships with women and am now 23; although I don't attribute this to my personality or my looks (I ain't gorgeous or anything; but I am hardly fugly either) but rather the circumstances and the sort of places I have worked at, and tend to socialize at. Wait until you are in your 30s or so before mourning your lack of women.

One thing to remember; many "girls" will say that they like badass. They dig the excitement, and in general like to go after the alpha. But women don't actually like violence. Never make the mistake of being violent in front of a woman. Try and talk your way out of open conflict first, and then if you still really must get a bit violent, ask the lady to go ahead without you. Women will not look at you favorably if they see you ruthlessly breaking someone's arm; trust me on this one. Don't mistake girls liking confidence, with women liking violence.
Sep 17, 2012 12:56 PM

Jun 2008
XR said:
Dont betray yourself, stick to who you are and hopefully you will stumble across a girl who is into metal and anime.

This, basically. In order to "finish last", patience is needed, no? xD
Sep 17, 2012 1:02 PM

Aug 2012
You can always fap. Get less lonely with your hand.
Sep 17, 2012 1:07 PM

Apr 2012
AwesomeCamper said:
You can always fap. Get less lonely with your hand.

Pretty much this.
Sep 17, 2012 1:13 PM

Mar 2012
This still going on? Lawl
Sep 17, 2012 1:22 PM

Nov 2011
9 pages and no Nice Guys finish last song? :O

On a serious note I actually replied to something like this on Yahoo answers.

Question: Why do some boys think all girls like bad boys? ?

A: "It's a dumb stereotype us more shy, don't know what to do guys think girls go for. Generally since they don't know how to actually talk to a girl properly or are just not forward with them they tend to think the girls only like the "bad guys" when the only reason is because the "bad guy" actually has the balls to confront the girl and actually knows what to do and say instead of doing the things this Mark guy(The "shy guy") is doing.."

Main point being, you can listen to them and still be a nice guy but you also got to be aggressive when it comes to striving for a girl you like. Your nice side is a key factor that could actually win you over girls but you also got to be more pro-active and up front with them like those so-called "assholes" are doing.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Sep 17, 2012 1:30 PM

Jun 2009
FegeleinAntics said:

I just want to stop being lonely.

Watch more anime, practice some sport, and adopt a dog...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2012 1:34 PM

Aug 2012

I think there's a fine line between assholes, jerks and class clowns.

A jerk imo would call his girlfriend fat, because he's naive. The asshole isn't, he'd tell her she's sexy, but what he would do is flirt with another while his gf is just in the next room. While the jerk couldn't possible be smart enough to get away with it, 'cause he's to full of himself.

I'd like to think that a true asshole is of a higher breed. He has more class. He'd date 3 girls at a time, till he finally commits to one. Knows what to say to get away and have a night out with the guys, without getting home drunk and completely pissing off his girl.

...and about class clowns, they have tons of confidence, but like someone said earlier in the thread, they just want attention. Complete buffoons.
Sep 17, 2012 1:44 PM

Jun 2010
People, calm down. Calm down and make me a sandwich.
Sep 17, 2012 1:50 PM

Aug 2012
Hitchens said:
People, calm down. Calm down and make me a sandwich.

*makes him a chicken & steak sandwich with a little BBQ sauce*

I tried man, I tried.
Sep 17, 2012 1:52 PM

Dec 2009
NicoleB said:
Vesanus said:
Because of instances I've been through, a seed planted itself in my mind somewhere that everyone that is seemingly nice is acting fake and is judging you.

I'm just speaking for myself, though. I'm a very closed person irl because I want to avoid being judged even if the person has no intentions of doing so. Maybe I just have some sort of weird social anxiety, who knows.

But why are you worried about being judged by people you'll probably never see again anyway?

I just am. I suppose it's hard to understand from an outsider's point of view/you haven't experienced what I feel yourself. I feel as if I'm constantly being judged/stared at/etc and that feeling isn't very nice so I try to avoid it as much as I possibly can.

But this isn't a therapy session, so.
Sep 17, 2012 1:58 PM

Jun 2010
(Pardon my intrusion, but I just wanted to point this out: Vesanus, your profile picture is strangely distracting; also anus.)
Sep 17, 2012 2:06 PM

Dec 2009
(I spy with my little eye a red x button. [it's a bunny's nose])
Sep 17, 2012 2:08 PM

Apr 2012

NicoleB said:
petalshreds said:
dating is for fun, marriage is for life
my point is, teen girls don't take it seriously.

Actually you'd be surprised.

A lot of girls my age really do take things seriously and are "looking for love" straight away.

And how do you know this?,for a person who always seems to be here when i log on or when i'm just lurking through general discussions is surely quite the bold statement,i know your trying to stick up for your gender,but let's be honest here women aren't exactly these "angels" your making them sound like.
Sep 17, 2012 2:13 PM

Mar 2012
I wish you had misspelled angel 'angle', so I could have said "but they're so acute!" It's one of my life goals to do that.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 17, 2012 2:21 PM

Apr 2012
Post-Josh said:
I wish you had misspelled angel 'angle', so I could have said "but they're so acute!" It's one of my life goals to do that.

angle

Have your fun.
Sep 17, 2012 2:29 PM

Jun 2010
^Am I within my rights to do so? Hmm? Hmm?
Sep 17, 2012 2:58 PM

Jan 2011
It's about confidence not being a jerk, you whine about not getting women in an internet forum and you're surprised you don't attract women?
Who'd want to date a spineless duck?
Sep 17, 2012 3:07 PM

Mar 2012
Vesanus said:
NicoleB said:
Vesanus said:

I just am. I suppose it's hard to understand from an outsider's point of view/you haven't experienced what I feel yourself. I feel as if I'm constantly being judged/stared at/etc and that feeling isn't very nice so I try to avoid it as much as I possibly can.

Well frankly, we'll always be judged, there is literally nothing you can do about that.

Except on how it effects you.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 3:08 PM

Apr 2011
JonyJC said:
It's about confidence not being a jerk, you whine about not getting women in an internet forum and you're surprised you don't attract women?
Who'd want to date a spineless duck?

I love duck.
Sep 17, 2012 3:08 PM

Mar 2012
_Darkyuu said:
And how do you know this?,for a person who always seems to be here when i log on or when i'm just lurking through general discussions is surely quite the bold statement,i know your trying to stick up for your gender,but let's be honest here women aren't exactly these "angels" your making them sound like.

Ugh, how am I trying to "stick up for my gender"?
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 3:15 PM

Dec 2009
NicoleB said:
Vesanus said:
NicoleB said:
Vesanus said:

Well frankly, we'll always be judged, there is literally nothing you can do about that.

Except on how it effects you.

Obviously. But when the thought gives you social anxiety, I'd rather stick to avoiding people.
Sep 17, 2012 3:17 PM

Mar 2012
Vesanus said:
Obviously. But when the thought gives you social anxiety, I'd rather stick to avoiding people.

Well, I guess thats your decision, but you'll have to deal with that sooner or later.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 3:19 PM

Dec 2009
NicoleB said:
Vesanus said:

Well, I guess thats your decision, but you'll have to deal with that sooner or later.

I can't exactly control it, lol.

Nevermind.
Sep 17, 2012 3:20 PM

Mar 2012
You can, it's all about just not caring any more.

You're talking about people you'll probably never ever meet again.

Does it really matter what they think of you? And even if they think something bad or whatever, big deal? You'll never get everyone to like you no matter who you are.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 3:26 PM
Jul 2012
NicoleB said:
You can, it's all about just not caring any more.

You're talking about people you'll probably never ever meet again.

Does it really matter what they think of you? And even if they think something bad or whatever, big deal? You'll never get everyone to like you no matter who you are.

It's kind of hard to tell someone with a social anxiety problem to just 'get over it'
Sep 17, 2012 3:30 PM

Mar 2012
JavierR said:
It's kind of hard to tell someone with a social anxiety problem to just 'get over it'

That's not all that I'm doing.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 3:40 PM

Jul 2012
@XR

I agree that when you have a gf girls talk to you more. I had a gf for a couple of months and during that time girls actually talked to me. My gf also told me that those girls kept asking her stuff about me.
Sep 17, 2012 3:57 PM

Dec 2011
Any guy that whines about not getting a girl because he's "such a nice guy" is annoying.
Do you think that you've earned some kind of affectionate reward for the kindness that you make an effort to put into some relationship? Because you sent her a smile or lent her an ear sometime? You haven't. You, OP, and all the other Nice Guys out there should realize that it's not all about you, nor is it all about dating a badass. If you're in the friendzone, it's probably because you put yourself there. The one's who aren't in the friendzone are the guys who have some confidence, who don't just spill out compliments, but someone they can actually have a normal conversation with or someone that'll even flirt with them for a while to at least make her wonder if there's some interest there.

And speaking of confidence, why don't you just muster up some courage and go ahead and confess to her? That way at least you're gonna get noticed.. and being noticed can go a long way.

And btw, badass =/= asshole. When a girl says she wants a badass, she doesn't mean she wants a guy who's going to treat her like shit or there's some really weird stuff going on with her that you wouldn't want to get involved with anyway.
EmmrysSep 17, 2012 4:05 PM
Sep 17, 2012 4:04 PM
Jun 2012
LolitaDecay said:
More like boring, socially awkward guys finish last.

^This.
"Nice guys" =/= gentlemen
"Nice guys" are usually pathetic individuals who go after women that are way out of their league. Always claiming they can't get a girlfriend when they don't even acknowledge girls that are as ugly as themselves.
Sep 17, 2012 4:15 PM

Mar 2012
uzu-dragons said:
Any guy that whines about not getting a girl because he's "such a nice guy" is annoying.
Do you think that you've earned some kind of affectionate reward for the kindness that you make an effort to put into some relationship? Because you sent her a smile or lent her an ear sometime? You haven't. You, OP, and all the other Nice Guys out there should realize that it's not all about you, nor is it all about dating a badass. If you're in the friendzone, it's probably because you put yourself there. The one's who aren't in the friendzone are the guys who have some confidence, who don't just spill out compliments, but someone they can actually have a normal conversation with or someone that'll even flirt with them for a while to at least make her wonder if there's some interest there.

And speaking of confidence, why don't you just muster up some courage and go ahead and confess to her? That way at least you're gonna get noticed.. and being noticed can go a long way.

And btw, badass =/= asshole. When a girl says she wants a badass, she doesn't mean she wants a guy who's going to treat her like shit or there's some really weird stuff going on with her that you wouldn't want to get involved with anyway.

This is some truth right here. No one is entitled to anything, nice, or not.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 17, 2012 4:20 PM
May 2012
Take a look at one of Jenna Marbles's videos.

Nice guys do not finish last. Boring guys do.
Sep 17, 2012 4:34 PM

Mar 2012
Oh my god, she is the worst. So annoying/obnoxious.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 17, 2012 4:37 PM

Mar 2012
Post-Josh said:

Hey, Jenna is awesome :<
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 17, 2012 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
Don't use the excuse of "nice guy" just because you lack assertiveness and social skills. "Nice guys" still get girlfriends, and "assholes" still "finish last". Sometimes people just don't like you because of who you are. Either be willing to change to achieve what you want, or don't; but if you don't, don't complain about not getting what you want.
Sep 17, 2012 4:49 PM

Jun 2012
I feel ya buddy I'm in almost the same position myself. The only thing you can really do is to keep on going. All of my pals have gfs and it gets kinda tough being the only one in a room who isn't having their own little conversation with their gf. Kinda agree with some of the others though i dont think girls actually like assholes over genuinely nice people its just they are a bit more confidant. I wont speak for you but I'm pretty bad at social stuff.
Sep 17, 2012 5:00 PM

Mar 2011
People who don't make any effort tend to come last I find.
Sep 17, 2012 5:11 PM

Sep 2011
FegeleinAntics said:
I just want to stop being lonely.

If that's your reason for dating, then just stop now. Nearly everyone I've seen who dates because of this reason ends up in some shitty relationship that they don't want to leave because they'll be alone again and they try too hard to make the relationship work.

Plus, think about how a girl would feel if she heard that. "I'm dating you because I don't want to be lonely." There are plenty of other things you to stop being lonely besides dating.
Sep 17, 2012 5:20 PM

Jun 2012
FegeleinAntics said:
There are plenty of other things you to stop being lonely besides dating.

Well (this is speaking from personal experience) Ive tried doing a bunch of things to not be lonely but i still am. I'm not complaining and hope i don't appear to be I'm just putting my experience out there to try to help someone.
Sep 17, 2012 5:41 PM

Nov 2011
FegeleinAntics said:
This quote has been bothering me for a while. I'm in my late teens and I still didn't get a girlfriend and I don't think that's because of my looks but my personality. Apparently I belong to the ''nice guy'' group. I don't talk thrash to girls, I smile at them, I listen to them, etc. In other words, I try to be as nice as I can. But they seem to be more interested in assholes. I never really understood why, but I heard a million explanations from ''more excitement'' to ''natural selection''. It never really bothered that I didn't find a girl, except from the common loneliness. But now, I found a girl that I'm completely crazy for and from what I understand from what she told me it's that she wants an asshole... sorry, I mean a ''badass''.She surely won't ever look at me in the way I want to. Sacrificing my ''nice side'' will totally ruin me and turn me into a soulless piece of shit, from what I can see from my ex-best friend. I plan on confessing by the end of the month and I'm completely lost now.

p.s. The fact that I am a romanticist, listen to melodic metal and watch anime makes girls less willing to have a relationship with me even more.

A good question is...Why are YOU interested in that type of girl?

Anyway, I think that most girls are not attracted to bad guys, are attracted to confident men that know what they want and go for it without caring what other thinks...The thing is, usually bad guys have this characteristic because it's hard to do what you want without being selfish. But a nice guy with this characteristic rules, they know how to be individualistic and at the same time make others feel nice
Sep 17, 2012 5:49 PM

Sep 2012
i think it all has to do with misclassification, when a women receives 100% kindness and dosent hav to work for it she may see it as a 100% friend like gesture, unlike a date. A women has to put effort into going on a date. If you listen to a girl's problems 100% of the time with out her fighting to gain ur attention it'll be too easy for her and you'll be branded as a Friend. Thats what ive learned through experience.
Sep 17, 2012 5:52 PM
May 2012
Post-Josh said:

No way, i love her </3

What she says is rly true the majority of the time.
Sep 17, 2012 5:59 PM

Apr 2011
Post-Josh said:

She's just too deep for you, brah.

Shit. I might be the only male who watchers her. I expect I'll be sprouting a vagina anytime soon.
Sep 17, 2012 6:04 PM

Sep 2011
lordjerry777 said:
FegeleinAntics said:
There are plenty of other things you to stop being lonely besides dating.

Well (this is speaking from personal experience) Ive tried doing a bunch of things to not be lonely but i still am. I'm not complaining and hope i don't appear to be I'm just putting my experience out there to try to help someone.

But being in a relationship might not help either, and it could make things worse. I've seen it happen to other people, and if the OP is really that lonely, I doubt dating will help.

Another thing I wanted to add is that women probably realize if you're desperate to date someone. They don't want to date some guy who will settle for anyone willing to date them. Also, another problem with "nice guys" is that they're, well... nice. If you're nice to all girls, it doesn't make the girl you're interested in feel very special. I'm not saying you have to be a dick, but treat them normally.
Sep 17, 2012 6:06 PM

Apr 2012
I think this video is related to the topic.
He talks about male and female sexual attraction.

As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Sep 17, 2012 6:06 PM

Sep 2011
"If you ain't first your last"
Not exactly relevant, but it's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this thread.

GloriousHawk said:
Post-Josh said:

Shit. I might be the only male who watchers her. I expect I'll be sprouting a vagina anytime soon.

It'll grow in faster if you give it some fertilizer.
Sep 17, 2012 6:08 PM

Jun 2010
GloriousHawk said:
Post-Josh said:

To accelerate the process, throw in some Jonas Brothers on the weekends.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

44 by Vampire_Lord »»
34 minutes ago

Poll: » Is intelligence overrated?

pludel2 - Mar 29

25 by deg »»
45 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

30 by deg »»
1 hour ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

32 by Spunkert »»
1 hour ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

12 by LoveLikeBlood »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.