Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 16, 2008 12:52 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

I liked the haunting house part! LOL it reminded good comedy that used similar gags like that such as Green Green and Tonagura! Too bad Tsukasa did get her pictures.

WE FINALLY MEET Shiraishi Nagomi! The hidden girl so to speak. She seems to be monitoring Jun-ichi and Katagiri.

LOL at the teacher for falling for the trap!

The mom and dad are at a mission as usual.

LOL at Jun-ichi when he was helping Katagiri get up to see if she can the trap door. Turns out they both fall.

The split personality was back but Katagiri beating him up literally canceled it!
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:10 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 16, 2008 11:25 PM

Nov 2007
the animation.....what happened to the animation man!!!!
Oct 18, 2008 2:34 AM

Jul 2008
I liked this episode ♥ Jun and Yuuhi were nice couple as usual and Minato was lovely. Also the new girl was interesting and haunted house was interesting object too.

Oct 18, 2008 7:09 AM
Aug 2008
This episode really confirmed my dislike of Yuuhi. I usually like the tsundere in these shows, but she is not likable to me at all. I'm getting really sick of her hitting this poor guy all the time.
Oct 18, 2008 10:41 AM

Aug 2008
zzzZZZzzzZZZzz...humpf..huh? Whoa, this was a fantastic episode! Too bad I fell asleep after 10 seconds.

What have we here? The heroine is still tsundere, and the plot takes place in a scary abandoned school building. I think I saw something similar to this once, but can't remember where. Now,where was it, where was it?

Well at least the girls still get their hair down by the same blind hairstylist who's extremely high on crack. And there's some real chemistry starting between Junichi and Yuuhi, another 8 eps or so and we might see another kiss!

In the meanwhile, I'm still waiting for Minato to say those 4 little words: not-related-by-blood! OK, that was creepy.
Oct 18, 2008 11:32 AM

Feb 2008
SilentPredator03 said:
This episode really confirmed my dislike of Yuuhi. I usually like the tsundere in these shows, but she is not likable to me at all. I'm getting really sick of her hitting this poor guy all the time.

yeah i totally agree with your assessment
Oct 18, 2008 1:07 PM

Sep 2008
dropped this series
The tsundere character anime is getting old
Oct 18, 2008 1:33 PM
May 2008
The parents are like part of an Excel Saga joke, and that is not a compliment. The randomness of their appearance and seeming disconnect from the rest of the show makes me lol.

Kvakond said:
I'm still waiting for Minato to say those 4 little words: not-related-by-blood! OK, that was creepy.

See, who else is bothered that the main female focus of his "harem" in the OP are his "sister" and Katagiri? :x

About the lols though, the funniest parts were the cutting away from the haunted-school-pair-them-up mission ("Shiraishi Nagami reporting, I was successful in getting them to shout at each other, sir") to the two parents stuck in a hole in GOD KNOWS WHAT OTHER ANIME WORLD. LOL@juxtaposition

Oct 18, 2008 4:21 PM

Jun 2008
quite an odd episode
them arguing is getting annoying =.=

"...and so the lion fell in love with the lamb"
Oct 18, 2008 6:02 PM

Jun 2008
Really now, this is getting weird. The arguing is certainly getting annoying. This episode just seemed like filler, something very unneeded in a 12 episode anime. Also what's with the awful dragonforce-esque ending theme? Eh whatever. Hopefully it gets better. I wouldn't be watching this if it wasn't airing.
Oct 18, 2008 7:43 PM
Dec 2007
What was that little thing at the end of the ep? Creepy painting and that chick talking to it? I'm sensing some sort of cliche alien vibe going on...
Oct 18, 2008 9:03 PM

Mar 2008
glad it picked itself up from last episode

Love the trap hole part

love-hate the Jun being the idiot part
Oct 18, 2008 9:39 PM

Feb 2008
I'm surprised this series is getting a high rating compared to the fact that everyone hates it O_o

I don't hate it, and I think this episode was alright. Although Yuuhi was as annoyingly agressive as Taiga (from Toradora mainly in episodes 1 and 3 so far). I hope she calms down.
MOAR Minato pls <3
This series still has potential. It can still get better^^

Oct 18, 2008 9:54 PM

Jul 2008
amcsi said:

I don't hate it, and I think this episode was alright. Although Yuuhi was as annoyingly agressive as Taiga (from Toradora mainly in episodes 1 and 3 so far). I hope she calms down.

See, I actually enjoy/am alright with Taiga's aggressiveness, probably because that's the way she was always portrayed, "The Palmtop Tiger". Yuuhi on the other hand is getting rather bothersome with her random assaults upon Jun, after initially being an extremely civil and level-headed character(Read: Not a Tsundere). Of course he kind of brings some of this on himself by being a little bitch and not just explaining why he did what he did. Which only further causes more misunderstandings between the two, and in turn equates into more beatings.

The whole mother/father thing this episode was just putting them into a similar situation, albeit more drastic and displaying how they escaped. If you didn't enjoy it and are lucky, maybe they won't continue the trend.

Oh well, I'll keep watching, it is only 12 episodes anyway, and it's not THAT bad enough to drop. Though, the whole talking to the painting thing seemed really out of place.
BakayaroOct 19, 2008 6:19 AM

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Oct 18, 2008 10:16 PM
Apr 2008
From the way it looks the storyline is quite screwed -.-
Oct 19, 2008 3:35 AM

Apr 2008
meh, this episode wasn't half as good as I was expecting.
Oct 19, 2008 9:08 AM

Dec 2007
I was bored to death. And Yuuhi really is getting on my nerves. I hope next one will be better or I'll drop this.
Oct 19, 2008 11:11 AM

May 2007
Seems like a lot of people are getting tired of Yuuhi really early on.

And that's totally to be expected. I think the tsundere personality has really been used way too much. I mean, c'mon, in every single anime that stars a tsundere female as the main role, we see the same exact type of interactions between the female and her male counterpart. This episode proves that. Sure, the scenario is slightly different with the haunted mansion, but the reactions of Yuuhi to every single thing Juni'ichi did was so obviously apparent. Too predictable.

I agree that using a formula that has worked in the past is not a wrong way of thinking. I mean, why fix it when its not broken, right? They just aren't introducing enough variation into these kinds of shows.

I think the character designs and my liking for the male protagonist along with the supporting cast is what is keeping me on this show.
VK11Oct 19, 2008 11:15 AM
Oct 19, 2008 1:00 PM

Apr 2008
Kvakond said:
In the meanwhile, I'm still waiting for Minato to say those 4 little words: not-related-by-blood! OK, that was creepy.

I'm not sure if Minato will say these words, but those words will be said. ;)
Oct 19, 2008 1:53 PM

Sep 2007
Oh well, fine episode, but nothing special

Oct 19, 2008 2:36 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Episode was enjoyable. I was kinda waiting for another awesome Yuuhi gag but there was none this time around.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 19, 2008 2:43 PM

Mar 2008
Totally average.

Good voice acting, but not much else worth mentioning.

Oct 19, 2008 3:09 PM

Feb 2008
Jun became another whipped anime male in this episode. He barely fought Yuuhi when she made him be her "horse". I was hoping for more from him. Oh well, at least the girls are pretty.

On a related note, we get to see the hot little sister in a very revealing dress in the next episode so that's something to look forward to. High pitched Aya ftw?

The ED sounded similar to Hyouka's ED from Kyouran Kazoku Nikki and as expected it's the same VA. The ED's beginning also sounded a lot like the "Dragonforce - Through the Fire and Flames" beginning.
Oct 19, 2008 3:19 PM
Mar 2008
lol wtf @ all the close ups and random shots, thought it was my file at first but it kinda blew.
Oct 19, 2008 3:24 PM

Sep 2007
Abusive tsunderes. Why did it have to turn out like this? I was hoping Yuuhi would be a more calm-like tsundere than Kugimiya's other roles.
Oct 19, 2008 4:42 PM

Jun 2007
ok episode
the story about the cursed campus seemed a little interesting.
Shiraishi Nagomi was rather interesting, and somewhy (minorin :P) cute
lol @ ayanokouji being the usual scared girl.
yuuhi was cute this episode, when she was not being so tsuntsun

the school president looks rather pushy. i see why the geno killer is one of the people who don't really like her, just like he said in the first episode... though, she is somehow cute.
yuuhi was a little too tsuntsun this episode. when she was first introduced, i thought she was not going to be too tsuntsun, but i guess they HAD to make her tsuntsun since they already had kugie voicing her...
lol @ junichi being inside katagiri's skirt, and breathing heavily xD
i am still wondering what is going on inside junichi's head.... training? wtf?
Minato was too cute this episode. i think i may be actually rooting for her ending. the ending with her crying and jun patting her head was cute.
it was also interesting seeing the teacher tuning a bike inside an apartment, and sleeping in an old school campus...

anyways, next episode should be really good. we may see some brother-sister love... and i am still hoping for that line of " we are not really brothers" that will trigger the flag!
besides, minato will be in a really good outfit next epi. looking forward to that.
Nagomi seemed interesting tracking the activities between yuuhi and jun...
Oct 19, 2008 4:43 PM

Jan 2008
just one thing to say ..... ♥ Ren Ren ♥
and next episode with more ♥ ♥ ♥ Ren Ren ♥ ♥ ♥

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Oct 19, 2008 6:19 PM

Jul 2008
Episode was ok, series overall so far though has looked like a cookie-cutter harem/romance though, so hopefully they will branch off some stuff with the genokiller shit or something like that to thicken the plot.
Oct 19, 2008 6:24 PM
Sep 2007
Even though nothing really happened, they managed to keep this interesting. But this show needs some drama or something what ^Defiance said... Hirohashi Ryou's voice was the best thing about this episode.
Oct 19, 2008 6:41 PM
Oct 2007
crap episode compared to 1-2
Oct 19, 2008 6:46 PM

Feb 2008
lol it was ok, no progress still. although she got a bit jeleaus. haha its pretty obvous where this is going....probably gonna be an S2
Oct 19, 2008 7:12 PM

Jul 2008
It was a pretty interesting episode. I got a little bit of laughter out of it. Although Yuuhi and Jun fighting all the time is getting on my nerves a bit as well. I mean, its kind of understandable. It's because Yuuhi still likes him even though she doesn't want to so se's frustrated by it. My friends do that crap all the time. But if I don't like it in real life, I certainly don't like it in my anime.
Oct 19, 2008 7:18 PM

Aug 2008
Disregarding all you haters, I actually liked this episode, and found it enjoyable.

Now for the preview... It seems I was right about Minato's feelings! lol :D
Oct 19, 2008 7:46 PM

Sep 2008
Well this turned into an interesting twist. I was almost thinking this was a filler ep, well it still could be, but that wasn't much that happpened in this ep. :(
Oct 19, 2008 7:50 PM

Jan 2008
As long as there is a little bit ♥Ren Ren♥ ill be Happy with the Show xD
sometimes it can be sooo easy xD

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Oct 19, 2008 9:13 PM

Sep 2007
Yuuhi really pisses me off. I thought she seemed like a decent character in the first episode, but she's been completely unreasonable about that whole kiss thing. It was just a kiss, sheesh. And on top of that, Jun-ichi has been doing nothing but try to apologize and make up for it, and he gets hit. I mean really, would it be so hard to cast Rie in a non-stereotypical-tsundere role?
Oct 19, 2008 10:52 PM

Apr 2008
well that was an OK episode i guess, the usualm made me laugh a few times etc whatever

anyone else see the ...good figure Minato has in the preview...holy shit batman..!~
Oct 19, 2008 11:49 PM

Jun 2007
wtf happened at the beginning? Jun-ichi and Yuuhi where acting like friends and actually not fighting?! The first half of the show felt like I had skipped 3 episodes or something. I literally checked the ep number to see if I had skipped something.

The pitfall part also had some weird out of place parts. They randomly reverted back to square one, fighting and bitching at each other over stupid things then a few mins later they started dropping extremely obvious hints about their feelings for one another. THEN to top it off Jun-Ichi's sister drops an even more obvious feeling bomb :S. This episode jumped around way to much!

I have a feeling this will end with a harem (ie. Jun-ichi, his sister, and Yuuhi stay living together). At some point we know Jun's gonna find out about the possibility that him and his sister are not related and that she has feelings for him. By this point in time Yuuhi would have probably already noticed her feelings for Jun thus she will get jealous about the two X\siblings possibly hooking up. There will probably be a minor conflict and somehow it will be solved. Everyone will continue to live under one roof and of course revert back to acting like they did in episode one with no changes at all.
Then comes the second season lol.....
Oct 19, 2008 11:59 PM

Apr 2007
LOL @ sensei tuning his bike. also, man, gotta love teh rie saying 'nani o?'
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 20, 2008 12:15 AM

Nov 2007
sigh, I had hope after the first episode. now she's beating him up and just plain annoying. the student council girl was interesting, can't say much about the spy girl. didn't really like this episode compared to the first 2. the fighting and abuse are already getting old.
Oct 20, 2008 4:42 AM

Jan 2008
This anime is going to be on-hold for me. If the next episodes just follow the typical predictable plot, I'll drop it.
Oct 20, 2008 4:02 PM

Aug 2008
It seems that this series will have a pattern of Junichi & Yuuhi almost make up, then Junichi/Yuuhi does something stupid and ruins it until next ep. >.< I was expecting better, but it doesn't ruin my enjoyment of this show.

Looks to be a VERY interesting episode next week. O.o I also dread those four words...

kuroshiroi said:
The ED sounded similar to Hyouka's ED from Kyouran Kazoku Nikki and as expected it's the same VA. The ED's beginning also sounded a lot like the "Dragonforce - Through the Fire and Flames" beginning.
I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't bother to look up the VA. I think I like Hyouka's theme better, though.

Anyone else notice how Yuuhi's hair keeps changing from just hanging to her shoulders to similar to the pres's and back? Most annoying thing ever, IMAO.

Richard_Omega said:
i am still wondering what is going on inside junichi's head.... training? wtf?
He was trying to remain calm in the situation. However, his meditation was a bit too slow to save him.

Seems the teacher has gone from gay to awesome in three episodes. WTH but whatever... awesome characters never hurt.

naikou said:
It was just a kiss, sheesh.
I assume you're a guy.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Oct 20, 2008 5:21 PM

May 2008
still cliche...the plot doesnt seem unique at all..
Oct 20, 2008 11:07 PM

Aug 2007
the drop in animation quality really irked me...

other than that nothing special at all. found it to be rather boring.
Oct 20, 2008 11:28 PM

Aug 2008
i was excited for this anime after seeing the first ep. but yuuhi is starting to get on my nerves. the tsundere role for kugimiya is starting to get old, i think. but im liking the other characters. nice to see a new face, and yay for minato

and as you guys said before, feels like a filler ep.
../|,-‘`¯¯`(o)_,----,,,_………..LUE 402: There is no
( `(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : :o `-, ….cure for cancer.
Oct 20, 2008 11:29 PM

Aug 2007
nanoha is so cuuute^_^
Oct 20, 2008 11:48 PM

Aug 2007
DeathfireD said:
wtf happened at the beginning? Jun-ichi and Yuuhi where acting like friends and actually not fighting?! The first half of the show felt like I had skipped 3 episodes or something. I literally checked the ep number to see if I had skipped something.

The pitfall part also had some weird out of place parts. They randomly reverted back to square one, fighting and bitching at each other over stupid things then a few mins later they started dropping extremely obvious hints about their feelings for one another. THEN to top it off Jun-Ichi's sister drops an even more obvious feeling bomb :S. This episode jumped around way to much!

I have a feeling this will end with a harem (ie. Jun-ichi, his sister, and Yuuhi stay living together). At some point we know Jun's gonna find out about the possibility that him and his sister are not related and that she has feelings for him. By this point in time Yuuhi would have probably already noticed her feelings for Jun thus she will get jealous about the two Xsiblings possibly hooking up. There will probably be a minor conflict and somehow it will be solved. Everyone will continue to live under one roof and of course revert back to acting like they did in episode one with no changes at all.
Then comes the second season lol.....

ZnT anyone? D:

This episode was alright, though I have to agree with what most of the other people who posted said about getting tired about the stereotypical tsundere. Though 3 seasons of ZnT is probably the reason I'm tired of that.

Next episode seems decently amusing. :3

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 20, 2008 11:55 PM

Jun 2008
I thought this episode was a big step backward after the second episode -- that one was solid and had some good laughs; this one was mostly boring. I just could not get into it at all.
Oct 21, 2008 4:33 AM

Jan 2008
Rwave said:
the drop in animation quality really irked me...

other than that nothing special at all. found it to be rather boring.
I reckon. Starting to bore me.
Oct 21, 2008 5:22 AM

Apr 2007
Ok, i have to say mitsuki and yuuhi have the weirdest hair style i have ever seen :S Need alot of hairspray to put it like that, its so ugly!

Whats with the woman with the big boobs and detective like guy? i rlly dont get it...

Yuuhi is also a bit annoying, she never let people finish there talks, if soemone were to intrupt me so much i would act just like Jun-ichi and just say "nevermind". She screams alot and is not cute at all, aargh

Ill see what this turns out too -.-

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 18, 2008

243 by cacagorilla »»
Jul 30, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 5, 2008

109 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jul 17, 2023 12:07 PM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Nov 13, 2008

66 by Punkero »»
May 25, 2022 7:10 PM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 1, 2008

181 by Abhinandan2002 »»
Dec 28, 2021 9:52 AM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 11, 2008

76 by Amatniki »»
Mar 28, 2021 1:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.