Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2008 9:22 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ehh, that ended so abruptly. It was a nice episode, but the ending is just didn't feel right >_>
Mar 15, 2009 5:51 AM

Oct 2008
If that was it for AMG I would say, absolutely that wasn't a fitting ending at all. But for a season, it was relatively sweet. it was nice seeing Belldandy get to go back and save Keiichi when he was younger--and I don't know, there was just something romantic about the episode, when Keiichi realized it was Belldandy and not Urd that he liked, and he pulled his museum line on her. I really liked it, and was definitely satisfied. I just hope there's more, because otherwise, I'd be disappointed.
Mar 15, 2009 6:05 AM

Jun 2008
Ugh, I didn't like this series too much. The first season was sweet, but I feel that Keiichi and Belldandy should have made some progress. I wanted to see little Belldandys and little Keiichis running around. =/
(づ°‿°.)づ
Apr 12, 2009 3:32 AM

Apr 2008
Olmecalmighty said:
it was nice seeing Belldandy get to go back and save Keiichi when he was younger--and I don't know, there was just something romantic about the episode, when Keiichi realized it was Belldandy and not Urd that he liked, and he pulled his museum line on her.

first of all, the name was Not Urd,but her Mother,the demon queen Hild.
and as most of you here say,I agree in that this was a rather fucked up way to end it. maybe as a season,then "maybe".

For some reason, I did follow this serie through,maybe because it was abit chrming serie even if it gave me the feeling of a Anime without any special story.
It was somewhat romantic I guess here and there,but for me, to Innocent. Not even a single kiss in 2 seasons. part from the time Keichi was told to give Belldany medicine mouth-to mouth from Urd.
So far,I would give this serie 7/10 nevertheless. Somewhat good animation and even maybe realistic to a certain point. Ya know what I mean.

Hopefully, The OVA's will give me a better ending.
May 1, 2009 5:39 PM

Dec 2008
the ending was meh~ compared to the last season, but it's still good.
hild's cunning way of coming between belldandy and keiichi's love was amazingly annoying, yet since she didn't resort to violence to get belldandy to release her feelings, then i can't really hate her that much.
May 13, 2009 8:00 PM
May 2009
I've seen this one then the following 2 eps. through semi-legal sources but I really want to know at wat part of the manga does the amine end, seeing as the manga is still going on.
May 26, 2009 10:04 PM

May 2009
Hmmmmmm
The episode itself was good
But the ending was very abrupt
It just kinda ended
Ok?
And based on the title of the episode I wanted to see Belldandy confess to Keiichi
but no
another disappointment <.>
very good show tho

Jun 14, 2009 10:05 AM

Nov 2008
xbs13 said:
I've seen this one then the following 2 eps. through semi-legal sources but I really want to know at wat part of the manga does the amine end, seeing as the manga is still going on.

RANDOM. They just get the arcs from here and there, so I think you just have to reread the series and skip the parts that you already know (though there are difference on how these arcs were shown on the anime) . I'm currently on chapter 130 and this is when Hild came to Earth. So imagine how many things had happened before that. XD
kiosyJun 14, 2009 10:08 AM

Aug 14, 2009 8:38 AM

Jun 2009
Dramatic ending but anyway in the end it was a good happy ending!! 9/10
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 17, 2009 3:24 PM

Jun 2009
aero said:

Ehh, that ended so abruptly. It was a nice episode, but the ending is just didn't feel right >_>

Exactly what i was thinking, ending didn't leave me really satisfied and happy, it feels like they ran out of time and had to end it randomly like that =/

But oh well i guess, i liked this second season slightly better than the first 9/10, don't think there was a episode i really hated at all. Though gotta admit the first season had a much better ending =/ And they still didn't pass the hand-holding stage, the show itself has said their below elementary level 2-3 times this season =P But i liked this show for some reason, its a nice happy-feel anime. Not much more to say, onto the extras.
Jan 9, 2010 8:19 PM

Sep 2009
Ok so.. 2 full seasons basically building up to a kiss and there is nothing to show for it??? that is my one and only problem with this series so far. If they had kissed @ the end of episode 22 this would prolly my favorite ( im a sucker for light hearted stuff lately)
ShamelessJan 9, 2010 8:32 PM
Apr 10, 2010 8:42 PM
Jan 2010
I have to agree with Shamless on this one (I'm also a sucker for that stuff), but seriously, they had two full seasons and they never even held hands. If I remember correctly, they only went on one real date too!

******SPOILER ALERT**********

They fact that it took them two seasons for Keiichi to say "I love you" and it ends up knocking her out?! What the hell's up with that?!

******END SPOILERS***********

All in all it was a great series, though I would love to hear that they plan on making another season
Oct 10, 2010 3:44 PM

Jul 2009
Well, we were never going to get a real ending since the manga hasn't ended but I liked it for what it was. Overall, I didn't enjoy the 2nd series as much as the first since Keiichi and Belldandy made little to no progress and the plot seemed to go in circles a bit too much. I'll give it 7.5/10
Mar 10, 2011 2:54 AM

Feb 2011
well for me it was a good satisfying ending :)
Sep 12, 2012 2:36 AM

Apr 2011
Wow this would have been a great arc, I felt terrible for Belldandy, she was so hurt and Hild was soooo evil.. Great episode though for sure. Seemed really quality compared to other episodes.
Oct 20, 2012 8:28 AM

Oct 2009
Not the best "ending," but it was a good ep, although it never followed through on the title...no confession, and still very little romance. In fact I think there was more romance between Hild and Keiichi than there was between him and Belldandy lol. Still a great series, very much enjoyed =)
lol'd @ the way Skuld fell face first into the snow when they time traveled xDDD
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
May 9, 2013 8:08 AM

Oct 2008
Very nice last episode. Overall, this season wasn't much better than season 1, but just as good at least. I guess I'll watch the specials next..
May 2, 2014 10:05 AM
Oct 2013
Wow, I totally did not understand this episode... I really can't stand time travel, especially since it seems like such an arbitrary addition to the story. Too confusing.

After the first couple episodes this series wasn't really that interesting compared to the first one. I guess I probably shouldn't bother watching animes with much romance in them since I generally find them dull, but I liked the comedy in the first series. This series was just kind of... blah. Also, too much fanservice and unfunny harem humor in either series for my taste, seemed somewhat ridiculously sexist and crude. I really liked most of the main characters though, which is what kept me watching. (Basically, I liked everyone except Peorth, Skuld, and Troubadour, who all just irritated me.) The energy attacks seemed kind of like a reference to Dragon Ball, which was fun. Belldandy seemed kind of like a woman version of Goku, too, except frustratingly passive at times (as was Keiichi) — I often wanted to just see them take action and beat some stuff up. I guess I need to go back to watching action series instead of comedy....
Jun 28, 2014 5:46 AM

May 2012
Pretty lovely last episode I must say, quite liked the overall concept of time travel and fixing the past! The series was a bit weaker than the first season and definitely weaker than the OVA series but all in all it was pretty good! Let's see what the specials have to offer us.
Aug 10, 2014 2:48 PM

Dec 2010
eugh, as I guessed, it ended so terribly.

Absolutely 0 progression through the entire story. They made a point of having him say I love you multiples times after he had already said it, but pretended like it was a first?

Seriously I can't facepalm any harder after finishing the series. Fun story with interesting characters, sadly the story went absolutely nowhere.

I had hoped maybe the OVA would do it some justice, but no.

If the writers of anime like this had written The Old Man and the Sea, they would have stopped writing after he caught the fish....

/facepalm for days
Oct 21, 2014 12:34 AM

Jul 2013
the ending is just.. lacking. Two seasons passed and Keiichi never even said that he loves Belldandy.. ffs why?

5/10
Jan 7, 2015 10:49 AM

Apr 2009
It didn’t feel like a true ending episode for me. I dunno.
It’s cute and all, but eh. I hope the specials give me more closure.
Oct 26, 2015 6:57 AM

Dec 2014
good ending from my side
Jan 30, 2016 7:56 PM

Sep 2012
Nice episode. Needed a better ending though.
Jan 3, 2018 8:16 PM

Nov 2016
I don't know this final episode felt somewhat weird. But most importantly I'm more disappointed in the fact that after two whole seasons there was not that much progression in their relationship. I had thought for sure after the whole exposure on Belldandy harbouring jealousy was going to open the door for them to maybe at least hold hands. Unfortunately that didn't happen. Of course that's not to take away from their moments that did bring them closer that were very nice. I did enjoy the show despite a few episodes that were meh.
Apr 28, 2018 10:09 PM

Aug 2015
Sukeban Urd...I can die happy now

Good coupe of episodes (including the previous one) that shakes things up a little from the typical plot.

Pleased there is a healthy helping of Mara in the latter half of this series.
Jul 8, 2019 12:27 PM

Nov 2017
Surprisingly great concluding episodes. They should adapt the whole manga.
Sep 18, 2019 4:21 AM

Oct 2018
I liked the finale and the plot setup, but it feels too short, felt like it should've been a two-part episode. They should've done the first part in the modern day setting up the memory loss and time travel, and then the second part should've been about Belldandy and her sisters stopping Hild's plan in the past. And sure why not have them kiss, maybe give Belldandy a 'Sleeping Beauty' moment with Keiichi, where she restores his memory by sharing a kiss that snaps him out of his amnesia.
Apr 9, 2020 3:01 AM

Apr 2013
God must be a real wuss if he just lets the ruler of demonkind do whatever she wants and his underlings have to clean up her mess.

These last few episodes did not meet the standards of the first season when it comes to quality unfortunately, the plot was often stupid and full of holes. But there were enough good episodes in this season to make up for that, I especially liked the ones with Peorth. 6/10
Feb 27, 2021 5:49 PM

Nov 2010
This was an interesting episode. I really like plot that involves time travel. However, it ended too abruptly. It would've been better if they expanded it to at least 4 episodes. Also, Hild in school uniform is just wow. hehe

Over all this season was a little bit better than the first. Lots of funny and interesting stuff happened in the first half especially with Peorth. However, the other half felt like filler. It was nice seeing Skuld and Urd getting their own love stories, but after that it wasn't shown or mentioned again and it feels like it didn't really contribute anything to the main story. IMO, it was a waste of episodes that could've been dedicated to Keiichi and Belldandy's love story. 7/10
Apr 29, 2021 3:10 PM

Nov 2016
The lack of proper closure leaves a bad aftertaste, but that doesn't take away from the good aspects. I enjoyed this anime a great deal from start to finish. It's super comfy with many fun characters. Compared to the manga this adaptation also improved on the art from the early chapters.

PS: Nowadays everything seems possible. So why not a remake of this series with ending?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 27, 2022 9:35 PM

Sep 2020
I agree with others, pretty weak finale overall. Interesting concept, but the climax and wrap-up weren't dynamic enough.

It would have been better if they pulled out Bell's ring that's been missing for the whole season and have that trigger some innate feelings in Keiichi. I just didn't get him suddenly walking away from Hild and blankly asking Bell if she likes snow. Really wtf.

Anyways, Hild is stone-cold, I really like her. And I loved Skuld's crybaby whining at the beginning.

Overall, this season was just as great as the first, maybe a tiny bit better. I liked how everybody got some attention and individual stories this time. But Urd was still the only one with any kind of backstories/history. For supposedly the main character, Bell apparently had nothing noteworthy in her past to expand upon.

I'm also surprised God didn't make any appearance, either, considering there was a brief glimpse of him in the original ova. Guess it was too blasphemous at the time?

9/10, I had a blast.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ah! My Goddess: Sorezore no Tsubasa Episode 12 Discussion

aero - Oct 8, 2008

22 by observer80 »»
Oct 12, 2023 11:59 PM

Poll: » Ah! My Goddess: Sorezore no Tsubasa Episode 21 Discussion

Ranivus - Jul 10, 2008

20 by SlammyHammy »»
Dec 27, 2022 9:19 PM

Poll: » Ah! My Goddess: Sorezore no Tsubasa Episode 20 Discussion

Ranivus - Jul 10, 2008

23 by SlammyHammy »»
Dec 27, 2022 9:13 PM

Poll: » Ah! My Goddess: Sorezore no Tsubasa Episode 19 Discussion

Ranivus - Jul 10, 2008

18 by SlammyHammy »»
Dec 26, 2022 8:48 PM

Poll: » Ah! My Goddess: Sorezore no Tsubasa Episode 18 Discussion

Ranivus - Jul 10, 2008

20 by SlammyHammy »»
Dec 26, 2022 8:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.