Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 18, 2012 1:56 AM
Aug 2012
aiNkyy said:
"It's more complex than that." Oh really ?! And you want to know who is to blame?

Not sure if intentionally misreading, or actually not good at reading.

I think the "complex" Leicia was referring to was Shimao's mindset, not the consequence of his action after he took over Hazuki's body.

And let's not simplify this whole situation down to a blame game. "It's more complex than that."
Aug 18, 2012 2:01 AM
Aug 2012
aiNkyy said:
The past cannot judge the current actions independently from the situation you are in IMO. You're saying it as if it were an excuse.

Not sure if I'm a terrible reader, but I would very much appreciate it if you would elaborate on that. Thank you.
Aug 18, 2012 2:15 AM

Jul 2011
hiroryo said:
aiNkyy said:
"It's more complex than that." Oh really ?! And you want to know who is to blame?

Not sure if intentionally misreading, or actually not good at reading.

I think the "complex" Leicia was referring to was Shimao's mindset, not the consequence of his action after he took over Hazuki's body.

And let's not simplify this whole situation down to a blame game. "It's more complex than that."

But would not be so complex if he had not accepted Rokka's confession and had not gone to a meeting on the beach, in the end it is impossible not to mention the subsequent actions.

hiroryo said:
aiNkyy said:
The past cannot judge the current actions independently from the situation you are in IMO. You're saying it as if it were an excuse.

Not sure if I'm a terrible reader, but I would very much appreciate it if you would elaborate on that. Thank you.

I think my answer was quite clear. Even after seeing the flashbacks and the Shimao's past, this not give him permission to take Hazuki's body for days and have a good time with Rokka without caring about Hazuki 's feelings.
ainkyAug 18, 2012 3:07 AM
Aug 18, 2012 4:38 AM

May 2010
Now,I am starting to hate Shimao-kun.He is too meddlesome.Just let Rokka chan live with the man she loves now.
Aug 18, 2012 8:02 AM

May 2011
I still have affections for both guys. I know I would want my husband to be happy if I were to pass away tomorrow. But if I had another chance? I wouldn't only use it to say goodbye. Some amount of selfish, yes. But I hardly believe that love is a reasonable beast. And then I get to thinking about what could I possibly do? If I want to stay, is there any guarantee that I won't just disappear tomorrow? There's no solid background to draw on when it comes to ghosts. What if I say, I still love you, I want to stay with you, and then I'm gone again all of a sudden. But I can't imagine myself not trying to make even more memories with the one I love.
Aug 18, 2012 9:07 AM

Jun 2008
Leicia said:

Thank you for seeing the things the way I do;) Here´s some love for Shimao-kun^.^
Besides I think it would be worse if Shimao took another body of a random guy, Rokka would think he was a stalker, and it would be unfair to a random guy because he would not have any feelings for her and might have someone already.
Besides no one but Hazuki can see Shimao so it had to be him, Shimao would have gone to heaven long time ago if Rokka was able to see him and he could say goodbye to her directly. I actually think Shimao do tries to respect Hazuki, as he is not trying to act like a bastard to Rokka (that way she would leave Hazuki), The goal here is simple: to say goodbye in a decent way. So okay i didnt agree with the sex (it was a big mistake, Shimao!), but i honestly believe Shimao felt bad about it and couldnt even stay with her to see her waking up, he just left and went to clean all his stuff, so she can move on. So okay he is dead and he should to to Heaven, that´s a must, and we all know it will happen sooner or later, but i hate when people say that just because he is dead he just should cuff his feelings for her. He is a soul, but he has feelings just like when he was alive, just because you die and become a ghost that doesnt mean you will easily let go of what you were and suddenly become all selfless. It takes time.
I hope Shimao transfers his memories of Hazuki´s body to Hazuki so Hazuki can remember everything his body did;)

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 18, 2012 9:31 AM
Aug 2012
aiNkyy said:
But would not be so complex if he had not accepted Rokka's confession and had not gone to a meeting on the beach, in the end it is impossible not to mention the subsequent actions.

I'm kinda confused now.Are you for or against Rokka developing a relationship with Hazuki? If Shimao (in Hazuki's body) had turned Rokka down, then from Rokka's perspective, it's Hazuki who rejected her. Wouldn't that adversely affect Rokka and Hazuki's relationship? From the moment Shimao took over Hazuki's body, you know things will get interesting.

aiNkyy said:
I think my answer was quite clear. Even after seeing the flashbacks and the Shimao's past, this not give him permission to take Hazuki's body for days and have a good time with Rokka without caring about Hazuki 's feelings.

Quite frankly how long Shimao can have Hazuki's body is up to the author, and the theme the author wants to explore (which I think is how Shimao, a loving but dead husband, reacts to and copes with the situation once he retains a corporal form again). In the story all they agreed on was that Hazuki, while drunk, gave Shimao permission to take control of his body, and that Shimao would return the body to Hazuki. They didn't say how long the body control would be for. If you are looking for a more or less objective timeline, then I think it's the amount of time that Hazuki takes to complete his sketchbook fairy tale journey (and probably realize something important along the way). Lastly, while you are saying Shimao has "a good time with Rokka without caring about Hazuki 's feelings", you are discounting Shimao's feelings.
Aug 18, 2012 12:36 PM

Jul 2011
@hiroryo

How can you think that Shimao is helping Hazuki's relationship with Rokka "without him"?! Rokka doesn't know that there is Shimao inside the Hazuki's body...Shimao must or telling the truth to her or returns the body to Hazuki. He just profaned Hazuki's body for their own interests, and Rokka has already confessed her love to him...they have already kissed...and they have already made sex...but all this has happened to Shimao not Hazuki, he was not even present in these crucial moments between him and Rokka, he has not "lived/felt" those moments! Shimao has being too selfish in this situation(was an euphemism, for not say worst things).

And this thing about Shimao take the Hazuki's body maybe you can find interesting and all but not me ,this just pissed me off and has lasted too!
ainkyAug 18, 2012 12:48 PM
Aug 18, 2012 2:14 PM

Oct 2011
Hazuki should re-posses his body SOMEHOW
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2012 3:22 PM
Aug 2012
aiNkyy said:
How can you think that Shimao is helping Hazuki's relationship with Rokka "without him"?! Rokka doesn't know that there is Shimao inside the Hazuki's body...Shimao must or telling the truth to her or returns the body to Hazuki. He just profaned Hazuki's body for their own interests, and Rokka has already confessed her love to him...they have already kissed...and they have already made sex...but all this has happened to Shimao not Hazuki, he was not even present in these crucial moments between him and Rokka, he has not "lived/felt" those moments! Shimao has being too selfish in this situation(was an euphemism, for not say worst things).

And this thing about Shimao take the Hazuki's body maybe you can find interesting and all but not me ,this just pissed me off and has lasted too!

I never said Shimao was helping/trying to help Hazuki. And I don't think Shimao intended to help Hazuki anyhow. In fact, part of the reason (though not the primary reason) that Shimao took control of Hazuki's body was to meddle IMHO. And I agree that Shimao was selfish. All I'm trying to say is that I understand and feel for Shimao and what he did (while in Hazuki's body) after I get to know the character better. I think this is the point of this show, not the blossom of love between Rokka and Hazuki. Clearly, you sympathize with Hazuki and are opinionated against Shimao's action. But please remember different people behave differently in similar situations for different reasons, and it helps to see things from other people's perspective sometimes. To make things more "complex", when it comes to love, sometimes people don't act rationally, especially for a ghost who's been around the person he loves for a couple of years not able to interact with her, or worse, she doesn't even know that he's right by her side this whole time. If you simply don't find Shimao's action congruent with values that you treasure, then I won't speak further for it won't change how you perceive the character and the situation. However, I fully respect your opinion, but I respectfully disagree.
Aug 18, 2012 5:34 PM

Feb 2009
The unfairness of it all!! The guy got lucky and he didn't get to enjoy it! Damn!!!!!

This was an evil thing to do Shimao-kun! I hope his not running away with Hazuki's body!
Aug 18, 2012 5:38 PM

Feb 2012
Man, Shimao-kun just trolled his way through Hazuki's love life. He just took all the glories of a relationship with Rokka-chan from him, LOL. That sucks for Hazuki, but aside from trying to solve the stories, he doesn't really seem motivated to get his body back all that much.
I can sympathize with Shimao and understand why he did all he did, but it's still a cruddy thing to do to his rival. Still, his goodbye at the end was touching. I wonder, is he carrying all of his belongings in that pack or is he just going on some trip?
Aug 19, 2012 7:45 PM

Jun 2008
Shimao-san :'(
Aug 20, 2012 12:03 PM

Jul 2012
I totally missed that implied sex part. What.

Another great episode. I hope we get more focus on Hazuki next week though.
Aug 20, 2012 12:26 PM

Feb 2010
MaxCrazy7 said:
The unfairness of it all!! The guy got lucky and he didn't get to enjoy it! Damn!!!!!

This was an evil thing to do Shimao-kun! I hope his not running away with Hazuki's body!

^this. I mean, Shimao... seriously.. give the man his body back!
Aug 20, 2012 1:52 PM

Aug 2007
I seriously don't want to dislike this anime, but... if Shimao doesn't get out of Hazuki's body RIGHT NOW, I don't even know if I can bear watching this until the last episode. I mean, Shimao is so incredibly selfish and cruel towards Hazuki, who's been trying his best and even gave his body to Shimao, only to get bitten in his butt?

You may have died early Shimao, but you really should respect other peoples lives and emotions more. >:( I mean, he used Hazuki's body and Rokka-chan's feeling for Hazuki to be able to have sex with her. This is just plain wrong on so many levels! D: I'm sop disappointed that this really happend, I hate this fact so much. T__T Poor Hazuki...
Shimao used two people and messed up their love life for his selfish reasons. I don't care if his "goodbye" was sweet or not, he's been nothing but an a** towards Hazuki the entire time and what is he doing now? Running away with Hazuki's body, trying to cut off their bonds or what? Can someone please stop this guy?
Aug 20, 2012 4:14 PM

Aug 2011
I just found out Rokka's seiyuu was Yukari Nitani in Usagi Drop. Sweet.
Aug 21, 2012 4:18 PM

Jul 2012
Cannot believe Shimao-kun slept with her. Thats just low. He's robbed Hazuki of two precious things. The confession and the first time together.

Unforgivable. He needs to die...again.
Aug 22, 2012 2:47 PM

Nov 2011
Aug 22, 2012 3:47 PM
Apr 2012
Kinda weird how everyone seems to think Hazuki intentions was to help Shimao when he lent out his body. From what I remember Hazuki asked the Manager would she have sex with him, she said no and soon after he decided to drink because of the disappointment before coming over to her house. Shimao then asked Hazuki while he was drunk to lend him his body and he agreed.

Why did he agree? Either because he was drunk or because he didn't care what Shimao did after he got turned down by the manager. (Probably both) Don't know where people came up with Hazuki lending it because he's such a selfless person. If anything he's a stalking pervert with very clear intentions. Shimao is an asshole but Hazuki isn't Jesus either.

I'm team neutral btw
Aug 22, 2012 11:44 PM

Mar 2012
Personally I liked this episode a lot.

At first of the anime I thought Shimao was going to be my favourite character, because he was funny and cute. But then he started to become annoying, because he wouldn't let Hazuki have any kind of advance with Rokka. Then Hazuki lent him his body by accident and I got scared, because I really thought he was going to ruin everything, that's what I would've done at least. But he didn't. I think, the hatred he's been receiving is unnecessary, because he's actually a nice guy.

He didn't ruin their relationship, and he could have. He didn't decide to take Hazuki's body forever, and he could've. The worst he did was to take Rokka's confession, personally I think he rushed it, and have sex with Rokka. I know this is bad for Hazuki, because he probably will get confuse when he returns to his body and realizes everything that happened while he was away, but I also know he will understand that this guy was finally saying goodbye to Rokka. Finally after three years of being unable to move on he's getting prepare to go.

You guys also need to look everything in Shimao's shoes. Never while he was alive was he able to being selfish, because he already considered himself a burden to others, so he repressed his desires always. He gave up a lot in life because of his disease, Rokka was the only thing he didn't want to let go. And he knows he has to because he's no longer alive and Rokka already loves someone else. And that someone lends him his body and now he has a chance to say goodbye.But even then it wasn't easy, because he had to pretend to be that someone that was going to take his place in Rokka's life. His goodbye was far from perfect and it might hurt both Rokka & Hazuki, but he's fucking dead and never again will he be able to see the love of his life again.
Aug 24, 2012 6:46 AM

Aug 2008
FightingFisto said:
Kinda weird how everyone seems to think Hazuki intentions was to help Shimao when he lent out his body. From what I remember Hazuki asked the Manager would she have sex with him, she said no and soon after he decided to drink because of the disappointment before coming over to her house. Shimao then asked Hazuki while he was drunk to lend him his body and he agreed.

Why did he agree? Either because he was drunk or because he didn't care what Shimao did after he got turned down by the manager. (Probably both) Don't know where people came up with Hazuki lending it because he's such a selfless person. If anything he's a stalking pervert with very clear intentions. Shimao is an asshole but Hazuki isn't Jesus either.

I'm team neutral btw

Hmmm I agree for the most part. Except for the sex part.
Granted that he felt disappointed because Rokka rejected him but it wasn't the sole reason. It's also because the date wasn't going the way he wanted. He had imagined Rokka to be excited about it but she wasn't.
He kept comparing his date to Shimao's, adding unnecessary pressure to himself. And when Rokka rejected him by laughing and saying 'That's out of the question' (like it's never going to happen), well needless to say, Hazuki took a hit to his confidence.
darkerealmAug 24, 2012 6:51 AM
Aug 24, 2012 1:06 PM

Mar 2012
the way Haziki jumped in the hole was epic
Sep 3, 2012 2:49 AM

Dec 2009
I want the ED NOW! Is it not released yet?

And Rokka <3
Sir_LexaSep 3, 2012 9:53 AM
Sep 6, 2012 2:32 PM

Nov 2007
Shimao got too far. Yeah he loves Rokka so much, but isn't it too selfish to keep controlling Hazuki's body for this amount of time, doing things he wants? Kinda liked the show, but the latest episodes are starting to leave me indifferent. Just get exorcised and be gone for ever mr ghost.
Sep 9, 2012 9:56 AM

Nov 2008
Orulyon said:
fishergirl16 said:
So beautiful... *O*
This show is a masterpiece.

I love Shimao-kun. I know everybody thinks he's annoying for not letting Rokka move on or not giving Hazuki his body back, but when I think about the pain he's going through, it just breaks my heart to pieces.

Not that I hate Hazuki though.. He's really a selfless person, loving Rokka even in her confusion with her feelings. I think it's right that Rokka should move on in the future. But with Shimao-kun watching... Ouch. :/

5/5

OMG, you just put my thoughts in to words. Thank you ;_____________; Shimaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I love you T____T*sobs* I know I will cry when he goes to Heaven ;_;

Exactly my same sentiments! I feel so so bad for Shimao. I nearly teared at the end too.. Sigh. And i could never understand how is Rokka able to fall in love with Hazuki so quickly?! I mean she confessed that Shimao was her first (and, sadly not last) and now that a guy 8 years her junior appears and she's accepting him so easily.

Gah but then again, i guess she deserves another romance..
Sep 14, 2012 12:26 PM

Sep 2011
At this rate I don't think we'll ever see Hazuki again. LOL
Jan 9, 2013 8:47 PM

Sep 2008
... what kind if netorare am I watching?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2014 2:58 PM

May 2012
Nice going episode, the ending was very touching and well he's actually making more development than Hazuki himself :p Well let's see what will happen next!
Apr 5, 2015 7:23 PM

Sep 2010
Shimao talks about giving up his life with Rokka. His actions suggest otherwise. Did he move on in the end? I'll find out next episode.
Jan 25, 2016 9:51 AM

Jun 2010
3rd bad episode. This show was promising, but now it's just bad.
When this ghost-thumbelina crap will end?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2016 6:44 PM

Jun 2013
What the heck is Shimao going to do with Hazuki's body and that lame hairstyle?

All kidding aside, I think maybe Rokka already knows that Hazuki really isn't Hazuki.
臭い-
Mar 14, 2020 5:29 PM

Nov 2016
Woah, this is so chaotic and I love it. Atsushi is definitely leaving quite the mess for Hazuki to clean up or so I thought. At least the symbolic message at the end cleared some doubts and Rokka is catching on.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 4, 2021 3:34 PM

Jul 2016
I'm dying here. The whole body swapping plot-line has been so boring to follow.

Also, does Shimao (while being in Hazuki's body) sleeping with Rokka count as self-NTR?
May 5, 2021 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
bro I swear to fuck they need to get rid of the bucket hat soon I SWEAR, it is so distracting.
May 26, 2021 10:34 PM

Jan 2021
What a masterpiece.
Gosh I love Hazuki
Jun 10, 2021 3:31 AM

Jan 2021
After created all those important moments, he just left? without any explanation? ah seriously, Hazuki completely missed out on most of the significant developments that have happened up to this point, all of which might then be seriously threatened if Rokka becomes aware of Shimao's existence this whole time.

Can't one of them explain what's going on to Rokka.. she looks really confused and honestly it's really sad.

Aug 4, 2022 2:17 PM

Mar 2013
Oh can Shimao just die already? (Again) or move onto the afterlife, idk.
The fact that he used Hazuki's body to have sex with Rokka... That's a new low. Not only he stole the poor guy's body, he also stole the first time with her. Show jumped straight from 7 to 6 score to me.
Jan 28, 2:36 AM

Dec 2022
Stop this already. Give the man his body back and finally move on my guy.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2012

167 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 5, 2012

151 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2012

103 by katakumplat »»
Feb 11, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 30, 2012

90 by katakumplat »»
Feb 7, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2012

71 by katakumplat »»
Feb 5, 11:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.