Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Do you think Accel World will be having season 2?
Yes
88.7%
No
11.3%
1,726 votes
Aug 1, 2012 10:52 PM

Mar 2012
Do you think accel world will be having season 2? for what I think a 26 episode is not enough to cover all of Accel world episodes.. what do you think guys?

"The End Justifies The Means"
-Niccolo Machiavelli
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2012 10:12 AM

Mar 2010
"Think it will have a 2nd season?" Can't really say until I see how it ends and how well the BD sells. "Do I want a 2nd season?" OH GOD YES!!!! Without question xD
Aug 2, 2012 2:31 PM

Jan 2009
No sales no second season.

And SAO just came through to wipe this anime off the face of the planet. They should have let Accel World finish before releasing the kraken they basically stabbed themselves in the foot.
Aug 2, 2012 3:39 PM

Aug 2011
DarthVantos said:

And SAO just came through to wipe this anime off the face of the planet. They should have let Accel World finish before releasing the kraken they basically stabbed themselves in the foot.

SAO and Accel World are animated by different companies, I doubt A-1 would let Sunrise tell them when they can or can't release SAO.
Aug 2, 2012 3:51 PM

Mar 2012
Accel world is also on a mainstream and after all SAO and AW has different taste SAO is pretty much more serious and many fans hate SAO for skipping some important parts from the Novel.. and as for Accel World I guess they're really be a season 2 coz 26 episodes is not really f*cking enough to cover the novel...... SAO and AW is a one hell of a rivalry

-Niccolo Machiavelli
Aug 3, 2012 10:35 AM

Feb 2009
The materials to cover is up until volume 4. It's a good enough place to stop, story-wise.
Sales are good at 9k in the first week and can break to 10k+ next week.
The next volumes are awesome though so I do want a second season of this. But that would burn all the materials(11 volumes are out total) and that's something studios avoid, unless they really want to milk this. So in the end, it's still up to the studio.
Aug 3, 2012 10:47 AM

Jul 2012
There is a chance for a second season already in planning. The reason for that is a game for PSP/PS3 is going to be released in September and a second is planned. Hard to think that they would release a second game without a Anime airing close by.
Aug 3, 2012 11:00 AM
Mar 2012
No. Enough with the piggy harem.
Aug 3, 2012 11:06 AM

Jul 2012
smooched said:
26 episodes will cover 4 volumes. I don't think they will make a season two because they want to make you buy the light novels. I hope I'm wrong.
Accel World novels released in English?
Aug 3, 2012 3:45 PM
Aug 4, 2012 6:59 PM

Mar 2012
It'll be very hard for me to get a LN of this series.. but I really hope there'll be a season 2 or else I'll be studying Japanese and go there :P

-Niccolo Machiavelli
Aug 4, 2012 10:04 PM
May 2012
I'll be damned IF that show ends with a cliffhanger next month.
Aug 5, 2012 12:38 PM

Mar 2012
DarthVantos said:

I think Accel World is better than SAO in its own way, also I kinda find the way SAO time skips a bit awkward for me

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Aug 6, 2012 3:27 AM

Mar 2012
AznHero said:
DarthVantos said:

I think Accel World is better than SAO in its own way, also I kinda find the way SAO time skips a bit awkward for me

Yeah same here I'm kinda irritated on how SAO's Progress too many fillers and time skip.. unlike AW... but in AW i kinda hate Haru's personality a bit

-Niccolo Machiavelli
Aug 7, 2012 7:45 AM

Jul 2012
AW and SAO are one hell of a rivaly, and i would be happy too see both of them with more seasons/speacials... hell, think if they even got a movie!? :D Then i could die happily XD
O'Hai :D
Aug 7, 2012 5:41 PM

Jan 2012
Not sure if i want a season 2 of this anime. I can't stand the main character. But we will have to see how this season ends...
Aug 7, 2012 9:12 PM

Apr 2012
gillbobjones said:
Not sure if i want a season 2 of this anime. I can't stand the main character. But we will have to see how this season ends...

So? I just want more kuroyukihime ._.
Aug 7, 2012 9:27 PM
Mar 2012
CodeXen said:
gillbobjones said:

watch nurarihyon no mago season 2, you'll see a better version of her
Aug 8, 2012 11:19 PM
May 2012
IF the season 2 got a green lit, i need to see some 'unfinished business' between those characters.
Aug 8, 2012 11:22 PM

Jun 2009
AznHero said:
DarthVantos said:

a retard detected
SAO need to catch the LN, and from the main storyline SAO clearly way much better than this shitload AW!
Aug 8, 2012 11:42 PM

Jan 2012
Shaduge said:
CodeXen said:
gillbobjones said:

watch nurarihyon no mago season 2, you'll see a better version of her

Lol what? xD
Aug 9, 2012 6:54 AM
Jul 2009
Let we see the last episode, if AW will keep same quality as it is now, then ok but they should think of more things into episodes;]
xxx
Aug 9, 2012 6:45 PM

Oct 2008
Keys to success for season 2:

1) Remove ALL the current characters except Kuroyukihime and Red King
2) Don't delegate them to fanservice duty (i.e. Kuroyukihime appearing in one episode and all she does is flash her bikini). Let them fight and be badass.
3) Make antagonists less retarded (they always beat Porky, let him live while giving us a monologue and then get magically beaten
Aug 9, 2012 7:11 PM

Oct 2011
I don't know if it can get a 2nd season & personally,I don't care.
If it does,then I get more of these 2....

If it doesn't.......he he he,RULE 34 & I got other anime.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Aug 9, 2012 8:23 PM

May 2012
There's no need to speculate the story, plot, and whatnot if they did a second season, everything is already laid out on the light novel. Unlike SAO, they are following the LN very closely.

For those that only want to feast on Kuroyukihime and Niko without any other characters, read the doujinshis.
Aug 17, 2012 5:15 PM
Aug 2012
IZUMI64 said:
AznHero said:
DarthVantos said:

a retard detected
SAO need to catch the LN, and from the main storyline SAO clearly way much better than this shitload AW!

You think they are a retard because they have a different opinion than you?! LOL
People are not going to like all the same fucking shit you like and they are not going to think the same way you do. Get the fuck over it and stop calling people names.
Aug 17, 2012 7:37 PM

Mar 2011
I'm in the middle
If It doesn't get season 2, fine
If it does, I'll be on board
Aug 17, 2012 8:54 PM

Sep 2011
Hopefully, I don't see how they can conclude it in 4 episodes. Unless the LN isn't that far.
Aug 18, 2012 11:13 AM
Jul 2009
They can always make a movie or OVA series - yeah ova is fine.
Game for ps3 is about to be rlsd so:]
xxx
Aug 18, 2012 12:54 PM

Jan 2010
IZUMI64 said:
AznHero said:
DarthVantos said:

a retard detected

A major Fanboi detected. SAO and AW has their strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I'm enjoing AW more due to the fact that it's actually progressed where as SAO hasn't started yet. We've seen side stories and the adaptation, so far it's a little heartbreaking.

Either way, the animation and art is superb from both. Music from Kajiura is amazing.

Shaduge said:
No. Enough with the piggy harem.

I don't know about you but I haven't seen a harem yet. If you think AW/SAO has a harem, then I don't think you watched many harems.
Aug 18, 2012 1:51 PM
Mar 2012
Teldara said:

I don't know about you but I haven't seen a harem yet. If you think AW/SAO has a harem, then I don't think you watched many harems.

just because this show isn't like 90% of harem series that are all about fanservice and retarded plot, it doesn't mean it's not a harem
SAO is a harem, if you ever read the light novel you wouldn't question it
Aug 18, 2012 3:55 PM

Jun 2008
Shaduge said:
Teldara said:

just because this show isn't like 90% of harem series that are all about fanservice and retarded plot, it doesn't mean it's not a harem

what makes a show harem:
1. There are more than 2 girls liking the protagonist
2. Girls are willing to seduce and fight for the protagonist's dick
3. Protagonist must be an indecisive dude.

Both SAO and AW didn't qualify for number 2 and 3. Just because you see alot of girls doesn't mean it's a fucking harem. Most of the girls in SAO gave up on kirito, since he already decided that Asuna was the only one for him.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 24, 2012 10:40 AM
Jun 2012
I can't really say that AW is more interesting than SAO, but in my opinion AW is better when it comes to it's tragic development (I'm not so sure how to put it, sorry). In a case, SAO is better when it comes to story line. But AW has a really interesting idea itself, and from what i saw, AW and SAO are going to have a 2nd season.
Sorry For my Bad English lol

Aug 24, 2012 1:40 PM

Jul 2012
Cant really say which is better, AW or SAO, too different and way more episodes of AW released to compare. And a lot of people are complaining about SAO with the whole time skip thing, but apparently its just setting the stage so to speak, and should settle down to a more linear story by around episode 8, or so I've heard.

Wasn't this thread about there being an AW season two anyways? lol. At this point it seems like they are really setting it up for a second season, ending the show in 4 more episodes would be incredibly rushed.

QuiGonJonAug 24, 2012 1:44 PM

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Aug 24, 2012 10:30 PM
Sep 2010
Don't really know why or how SAO got brought up but if this show got a season 2 it is because the show is that good, SAO overrated now.
Aug 24, 2012 11:29 PM

Jul 2009
kaimax said:
Shaduge said:
Teldara said:

what makes a show harem:

Both SAO and AW didn't qualify for number 2 and 3. Just because you see alot of girls doesn't mean it's a fucking harem. Most of the girls in SAO gave up on kirito, since he already decided that Asuna was the only one for him.

rule 3 can be broken, the adaptions of Shuffle and Fortune Arterial are examples of harems where in the end, the protagonist at least makes a choice.
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Aug 25, 2012 12:02 PM

Apr 2008
As much as I would like to see a season 2! IT is highly depends on the sales of the show like some of you all mentioned. While that being the case; it probably looks like there might be a season two considering so many unanswered questions and primarily one, who will reach Level 10? I thought that was the main purpose of this show while watching the first few episodes. However, while it is now carried into the Noumi Arc i believe it might end at that arc.

The time frame remaining gives us almost no time to fully introduce us to the other kings and let alone properly capture any fights in between. I'm going to guess it's going to be like code geass; a big cliff hanger and a year or two until the next season
Aug 25, 2012 3:38 PM

Aug 2011
I hope not.
This anime turned to sh*t halfway. Taku's girlfriend ruined the already mediocre anime.
Sep 1, 2012 5:53 PM
Mar 2012
I don't think sunrise will risk trying to bring Accel World back for a much better second season.

But I love this anime and I really want a Season 2 for it!! Hoping real hard!
Sep 1, 2012 6:00 PM
Mar 2012
kaimax said:
Shaduge said:
Teldara said:

what makes a show harem:

Thing have been changing now, Anime studios are trying to get some of the harem series suited for both guys and girls because the old style harem is just... getting old? Kinda like how female think that Kuroko no Basket has this "Female only" label to it while guys just watch it for fun.(At least that's my experience while talking to my female friends about anime)
Sep 11, 2012 10:00 AM

Sep 2012
Just because SOA and AW are based on VR games it doesnt mean they should be compared. They are totally different shows in all possible ways.

As far as I see, the show is doing well in japan and wont be able to cover all current LN volumes, so it shall have a 2nd season. I'm still on episode 13 - started watching last night - but I'm enjoying it. SOA pleases me more with his serious storyline and char development - and a real couple who actually has a relationship -, but I also enjoy the comedy in AW.

It just pisses me off the relationship - or lack of it - between Haru and KYH. I mean, she already confessed to him, kissed him - in pig form - , risked her life to save him, and is all caring and cuddles him all the time. He also worships her like a goddess herself, so...WHY THE CRAP THEY DONT DATE? This is the typical harem cliche that I cant stand. The anime itself is not a harem, but this part of it, is.

Anyway, hoping for a 2nd season and that Haru and KYH quit being so cliche.
Delays are temporary. Mediocracy lasts forever.
Sep 11, 2012 10:57 AM
Jan 2012
In my opinion accel world s2 has a simply slim chance of geting serialized.

1.) there's nothing that really stounds out in that anime except KYH
2.)fans are enraged about haruyuki crying everysingle time and can't even decide firmly by himself
2.)The transition of the story is awful
3.) there weren't any real action, might as well turn in into a pure SoL.
3.)Burst link has a lot of insane plot holes
4)too many loop holes
5.) Kuroyukihime is slowly declining in rating maybe the fact that competing 2 anime's at a time AW/SOA
6.) SOA got a lot more feed back than accel world (FYI, they were written by he same author, there is a small chance that he'll try to improve SOA than Accel World
7.) A lot of character got usless after some time
8.) Male audience can't fondom that haruyuki is a pretty wussy bastard that got the most beautiful, one of the most respected student council president
9)seeing the feedback of accel world and SOA it's clear that they'll know concentrate SOA in making it better.
10) ending this series with nomi as the last boss would surely stain it reputation as an aniime. Surely, there on't be any kuroyukihime in this fight scen even if there was she probably wouldn't help.
11) There aren't character development so far. So many uninteresting plot that has been added. as of why I can't really say.
Sep 14, 2012 9:48 AM

Jun 2010
^ This, and with A LOT of pretty interesting Light Novel material abound, would just make me want to kill myself with spoilers from the source material, given that AW S2 stands a slim chance of happening.

However, I'm still looking forward to the day that our favorite flying pig will come to be known as GARuyuki.
ninjaluc79Sep 14, 2012 9:53 AM
Sep 14, 2012 9:57 AM
Aug 2012
I don't understand the point of releasing an anime with the goal being reach level 10, then have it end after some arcs that just develop the characters.

I really think they have some more seasons slated for this.
Sep 14, 2012 10:18 AM

Jun 2010
But still, not only AW is competing with SAO, both works done by the same author, but it's also suffering from backlash I have never imagined before.

All because some male viewers can't fathom why would most beautiful girl in school fall in love with basically the worst loser in school.
Sep 14, 2012 10:31 AM
Aug 2012
ninjaluc79 said:
But still, not only AW is competing with SAO, both works done by the same author, but it's also suffering from backlash I have never imagined before.

All because some male viewers can't fathom why would most beautiful girl in school fall in love with basically the worst loser in school.

I want to believe that this backlash isn't coming from Japan..
Sep 14, 2012 10:45 AM

Jun 2010
Dessiato said:
ninjaluc79 said:

I want to believe that this backlash isn't coming from Japan..

So do I.
Sep 14, 2012 1:43 PM
Aug 2012
i don't think one of them gets level 10 in 1 episode so..
Sep 15, 2012 4:37 AM

Jun 2010
Sure thing. That Level 10 stuff might come into play by the time NN has to fight all the Six Kings, and that won't happen until after a long time.
Sep 15, 2012 5:33 AM

Apr 2011
ninjaluc79 said:
Sure thing. That Level 10 stuff might come into play by the time NN has to fight all the Six Kings, and that won't happen until after a long time.

This is the main goal of the series. To reach level 10. So if they end the series before they reach level 10 would really irritate me. They still have to properly introduce the other Kings.

That's why I think it should have some kind of continuation to tie up that loose end.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

453 by Orin23 »»
Feb 20, 4:14 AM

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.