Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2012 9:02 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nijiiro Pegasus Ryuusei-ken saves the day again. It's certain now that we're going to be seeing Smile Precure reach 50 episodes now. Pierot needs another 18 episodes of energy for his true revival. Everyone keeps saying Pierot this, Pierot that, but I'm pretty sure the real villain of this show is Joker. Pierot's had no presence so far, and Joker is just a complete sadist. Not to mention the bad guys were pretty much all just saved by him too.

I thought the first half of this episode was going to give me heartburn from how adorable it was. Is it wrong to want a plush of Fairy-Yayoi? The Akanbe's still look ridiculous but at least they're getting a power boost from now on.

In the next two episodes we should see a revamp of the opening and a new ending if it's going by how the other Precures worked. I'm still holding out for a red and purple precure, but the prospects are pretty low by now.
Jul 23, 2012 3:25 AM
Oct 2010
Acinonyx said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nijiiro Pegasus Ryuusei-ken saves the day again. It's certain now that we're going to be seeing Smile Precure reach 50 episodes now. Pierot needs another 18 episodes of energy for his true revival. Everyone keeps saying Pierot this, Pierot that, but I'm pretty sure the real villain of this show is Joker. Pierot's had no presence so far, and Joker is just a complete sadist. Not to mention the bad guys were pretty much all just saved by him too.

I thought the first half of this episode was going to give me heartburn from how adorable it was. Is it wrong to want a plush of Fairy-Yayoi? The Akanbe's still look ridiculous but at least they're getting a power boost from now on.

In the next two episodes we should see a revamp of the opening and a new ending if it's going by how the other Precures worked. I'm still holding out for a red and purple precure, but the prospects are pretty low by now.

I'm just curious but where did you get all that information about new precure and the new ending for the series?
Jul 23, 2012 5:21 AM

Oct 2011
This is one of cutest thing I saw so far in Precure series... all of them so far
It was so adorable, why they have to end it :D

And as suspected Pierot is not gone, simply forces his employees to so some more work (it was 17 on the clock if I recall). Queen follows the same path (or as suspected she is simply lazy and wants to sleep for some more time)
But that fight... Smile team is indeed weakest from Precure so far (bit weaker than HeartCatch) not to mention "teamwork". So maybe we'll see them fight in Princess form as new Akanbe is strong and falling down after one punch is not too promising.

Next episode seem to have some kind of fight and even more pantyshots of Akaooni <3
Dalek-bakaJul 23, 2012 8:27 AM
Jul 23, 2012 8:32 AM

Apr 2008
aki3chan said:

I'm just curious but where did you get all that information about new precure and the new ending for the series?

When one of the precure activates their smile pact to transform their coresponding color on it lights up for a second. I don't know why the pacts would have an extra purple and red gem if there wasn't going to be a corresponding precure later. Both Fresh, and Heartcatch Precures debuted a new precure much later in the series as it were, so it's just wishful thinking on my part.

By ending I meant a new ending theme. Usually around the episode 25 mark the opening theme gets a revamped animation, and we get a new ending theme.
Jul 23, 2012 1:53 PM
Oct 2010
Acinonyx said:
aki3chan said:

When one of the precure activates their smile pact to transform their coresponding color on it lights up for a second. I don't know why the pacts would have an extra purple and red gem if there wasn't going to be a corresponding precure later. Both Fresh, and Heartcatch Precures debuted a new precure much later in the series as it were, so it's just wishful thinking on my part.

By ending I meant a new ending theme. Usually around the episode 25 mark the opening theme gets a revamped animation, and we get a new ending theme.

aha, thanks :)
Jul 23, 2012 6:38 PM

Aug 2010
They already seemed to have started the revamp in terms of villains and whatnot like they do with the other precure. I thought it was kind of fast but I actually like the decision.
Jul 24, 2012 1:40 AM

Apr 2011
I knew it was too soon.

The girls where simply adorable in their fairy forms. I'm hoping for a new precure to come out and join the team. The more the merrier.
Jul 24, 2012 4:36 AM

Feb 2012
Seems way too much of a reboot, as I feared. Even the mid-bosses are staying the same and I'm not convinced that these Super Akanbe are new either. Plus they could have done something for Precure Rainbow Burst, like having someone else than Happy blow their candles. But well, I'm a patient man and it wasn't too bad. And the lion mascot is great. I hope he sticks around more from now on.
Jul 24, 2012 8:25 AM

Apr 2008
It still blows my mind that the main villains hardly ever join in the fights. That's a trope of most mahou shoujo though. Do they never think that the episodic monsters could use a hand? They see the precure fighting together, so they could at least think to create more than one monster at a time. With that line of thinking why are the precure never attacked in a vulnerable moment?

All these questions and more can be answered with: It's a show for kids and if adults over think it they might hurt themselves lol. I guess it just stopped bothering me at some point. it is what it is and all that.
Jul 24, 2012 9:17 AM

Oct 2011
Acinonyx said:
It still blows my mind that the main villains hardly ever join in the fights. That's a trope of most mahou shoujo though. Do they never think that the episodic monsters could use a hand? They see the precure fighting together, so they could at least think to create more than one monster at a time. With that line of thinking why are the precure never attacked in a vulnerable moment?

All these questions and more can be answered with: It's a show for kids and if adults over think it they might hurt themselves lol. I guess it just stopped bothering me at some point. it is what it is and all that.
Bad guys are lazy and unmotivated.
But than how to get motivated if Precure are using immortal Leeeeroy Jenkins tactic and go each on their own :P result we can see...

this is Precure (un)fortunatelly, mostly in Futari Wa bad guys were more active and even act together. Others were doing what we see here.
Still if cooperating of villians would take away seeing some of Wester's plans from Fresh (Operation Wig) I can survive this - only problem that no one in Smile is as dumb as he.
Dalek-bakaJul 24, 2012 9:27 AM
Jul 24, 2012 10:14 AM
Jun 2011
the only diffrent in this second half is they focus on the miracle jewels and not only the decors also there is 18 numbers on the clock intead of 22
elior1Jul 24, 2012 10:19 AM
Jul 25, 2012 10:25 PM

Jan 2011
I never thought I of all people would be saying this, but... the first half of this episode was over-the-top sugary sweet imo.

I like how Wolfrun is getting owned by his own Akanbe. :D
Aug 10, 2012 8:00 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Dalek-baka said:
Next episode ... even more pantyshots of Akaooni <3
Gods help us! Not THAT!
Aug 13, 2012 6:17 PM

Apr 2008
thankfully we'll never get 'service' from the girls, so you'll have to make due with something a little kinkier buddy.
Dec 29, 2012 7:15 PM

Aug 2011
Apart of me thought "Really? Another countdown to Pierrot revival?" and the other half felt reassured that this show will stick to the regular formula of the previous episodes, only with 'super' added to everything. Akanbe attacking Wolfrun was hilarious and I could watch the Precure's princess transformations all day. The camera movement is so smooth when highlighting specific parts of their dresses.

But they really need to use the same Rainbow Burst that they used to wipe out Pierrot on these Super Akanbe? I guess the stakes are higher.
Oct 28, 2016 10:45 AM

Jun 2014
Cuteness overload:

Märchenland sure is a very nice place and meeting so many fairy tale characters in 1 episode was pretty cool.
Of course the main villain isn't dead and now there are also super akanbes.
I wouldn't mind to much if there wasn't anyother coutndown. At least it's only goes up to 16 this time around.
Sep 29, 2018 6:22 PM

Jul 2015
I was ready to wtf at their fairy transformations, but even then they were hella cute! I approve Reika ending everything in ~desu

Looks like we will have to deal with Super Akanbe now for the next countdown, the first one already put a big fight (he didn't give a fuck about friendly fire tho, Joker's warning was for real xDDD)

I too powered up and I was able to defeat Cure Peace, 3-8-9 vs her, time for comebacks!
Feb 26, 2022 2:09 PM

Aug 2018
Well, queen being not a morning person is actually a valid idea.. ;D And well, if I'd have to guess why she didn't awake.. Maybe she gave at least some part of her powers to Precures, so now needs even more buff or something?.. For her to awake.. Not necessary, though.. Just some guess..
lol at Super Akanbe and friendly fire on wolf.. ;P
Ok, so queen did give Precures more powers..
Apr 20, 2022 6:27 AM

Feb 2020
So many cute little fairies in this episode. I want to visit Märchenland.

Those fairy forms were so adorable. :3

Wolfrun got owned by his own Super Akanbe. xD That was pretty amusing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 48 Discussion

Kaengel - Jan 26, 2013

48 by Animelover875 »»
Apr 26, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 23 Discussion

minimiau - Jul 15, 2012

40 by ThorVermillion »»
Apr 19, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 40 Discussion

Kaengel - Nov 25, 2012

10 by kitaaaa »»
Apr 13, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 3 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Feb 18, 2012

31 by DylansTrashTaste »»
Mar 4, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 2 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Feb 11, 2012

29 by DylansTrashTaste »»
Mar 4, 4:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.