Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 22, 2012 10:56 PM

Jun 2010
I thought this ep was good since we got to see more of why Yuuya holds a grudge against Japan and also we got to see a Fubuki ^^
Jul 22, 2012 11:04 PM

Nov 2007
wow she became a mega bitch. she just comes at him completely hostile, and doesn't say anything to the others. she needs to be smacked. I don't get people siding with her. she could be harsh, but not a complete bitch about it.

The one Russian chick is a bitch too, I'm guessing she'll eventually warm up with the other girl.
Jul 22, 2012 11:42 PM

May 2010
the stereotype in this is unbelievable, wow, just wow, other then that the only person im starting to like is Esign for his lay back attitude,
Jul 23, 2012 12:44 AM

Nov 2010
I know many people will not like nationalism issues, lol.

Well, anyway, this is the expected-usual early development of any Muv Luv stories. Training, mock fights and some idealism crash. The question is that will we get to the next stage of story.
Jul 23, 2012 1:37 AM

Jun 2008
maxie said:
s2012k1993 said:
maxie said:

I see a lot of people siding with Yui... if you disregard the nationality part of their hostility for each other, Yui is the one being a bitch here. First mock battle, first thing she says is basically "you suck". Then she gives him a god damn crappy TSF for the next one and once again tells him he sucks... yeah, Bridges' Jap hate is pretty silly IMO, but so is the Japanese arrogance that Yui has. Oh well, hopefully they end up together sooner or later :o

The first two episode really help me understand Yui's actions and words, especially the part about the training being a game and her claim about excuses. Her so called arrogance derives from her not wanting to repeat the same mistakes: her naivete and her lack of understanding the BETA resulted in a near-death experience and a psychological atom bomb. She's saving Bridges' life the hard way.

The main character, on the other hand, seems like a generic angst-filled childhood lead. I haven't noticed anything interesting about him at all. Meanwhile, the side characters remain side characters, but every scene with Yui is a gem for me!

Well yeah, I know. Since the two first episode was Yui backstory, we get sympathy for her, and understand her better. I understand her actions, but just as Yuuya needs to drop his petty unfounded hate for the japanese, she needs to get off her high japanese horse.

I guess I'm overreacting a little bit, but truth is that the Fubuki is junk. It's a training TSF for a reason, and it IS a very sensitive TSF, so that you wouldn't perform very well after switching from a god damn Raptor to a Fubuki isn't weird at all, lol. It's like the engineer dude said, american and japanese TSF are really different since they are made with different tactics in mind.

Still, I dislike his attitude, too, so I'm not exactly a fan of him it's just that the Yui love is through the roof due to the first 2 episodes, so even though they are both acting quite poorly and not getting over their race/nationality, Yui is the one that gets the sympathy.

PS: I love Yui too, I'm just realizing that she isn't perfect. Lol.

But you see there lies the problem with what you say. That TSF isn't junk at all. It works perfectly fine like any other TSF would and even Japanese newbies use them. She knows very well since she herself and other girls used them at high-school age.
So an experience pilot like he is suppose to be should just shut-up and adapt to the machine and learn to control it. He can't claim that a machine that even schoolgirls can handle is a piece of junk that can't be controlled.

Anyway all this tension will probably result in his dick getting harder and her pussy getting wetter as he starts to understand her and she starts to see his progress.

hotdamnbatman said:
She's just being a bitch and insulting the guy and his piloting skills and trying to demean him just because he has no experience in combat with beta?

No she ain't trying to demean him because he has no big experience with BETA she's trying to shock his ass so he can realize what his into before he gets face to face with the BETA and give him the waking up call instead. His lucks of BETA combat makes him naive of their horror and she's trying to wake him up before is too late.

hotdamnbatman said:
To me this just seems like butthurt because her friends all got killed because they ignored their combat instructors and talked about their boyfriends.

This comment is insanely idiotic and stupid.
MonadJul 23, 2012 1:44 AM
Jul 23, 2012 1:45 AM

Dec 2009
To me this whole racial tension aspect of the recent Total Eclipse episode reminds me of post-WWII mentality that people in America had of the Japanese. Considering that history took a much different route by the 1960's the changes in our timeline that promoted Multiculturalism probably wasn't as strong, as Nationalism was more favored over globalization.

This was probably due to countries as a whole fighting for their survival and therefore stoking national unity. This was kinda portrayed in the Alternative VN, where most of the refugee volunteers wanted to fight in order to retake their homelands so to speak.

Plus this occurred in the middle of the Cold War, with humanity divided into two major camps and also America is mostly focused on the Post-BETA world, while most countries looked upon the short term issues of pushing the BETA out of Earth.

I kinda feel bad for Yuuya in this way, he would have more than likely not gotten the bad rap from Yui if the data from his F-22 days was transferable to the Japanese TSF's. The XM3 was truly revolutionary in such ways. Also I agree with some of the previous posts. It would have made more sense to explain that close combat is a tactic that is vital for anti-BETA tactics due to ammo limits rather than stoking Yuuya's bi-racial fears.

Still doesn't TE go past Alternative? What other SS go past that? It would be nice to know the post Primary Hive efforts to clear the Earth of BETA.
NettoAzureJul 23, 2012 1:48 AM
Jul 23, 2012 2:00 AM

Nov 2007
Netto_Azure said:
Still doesn't TE go past Alternative? What other SS go past that? It would be nice to know the post Primary Hive efforts to clear the Earth of BETA.

I believe TE's events barely extend into the beginning of Alternative's. From what I remember there's a story in Alternative Chronicles that takes place a year or so after Alternative in which it shows the attack on objective 20 (which was the hive that was supposed to be taken prior to the Original Hive in Alternative before the plan changed) and that's about it.
Jul 23, 2012 2:34 AM

Jan 2011
man so much discrimination! :C
Jul 23, 2012 3:13 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like a new unit will be introduced. This episode looks like showcase of MC's disability. He has a sword in the back of his TSF but never used it. At least use a knife while on it. Lack of aim, waste of ammo, I can see why Yui mads with him. And i bet he never saw frontline full of BETAs, given how suprised he is. Looks like next episode will show Yui kicks around his pride as pilot.
Jul 23, 2012 3:49 AM

Mar 2011
I really want to give this show a 7 or higher but it's just so grounded in the 5/6 area right now...
I like the second generation Japanese American aspect, it's a little refreshing.
Jul 23, 2012 4:52 AM

Jan 2012
I like it how Yui always appears where Yuuya is, finding a reason to scold him.

Jul 23, 2012 5:36 AM

Jan 2011
mystik said:
wow she became a mega bitch. she just comes at him completely hostile, and doesn't say anything to the others. she needs to be smacked. I don't get people siding with her. she could be harsh, but not a complete bitch about it.

The one Russian chick is a bitch too, I'm guessing she'll eventually warm up with the other girl.

Yea, fuck that bitch, hopefully literally near the final episodes. Strict my ass, she's just being a bitch. Can't lie, when she said that shit about being a disgrace to the japanese, she would have gotten a swollen jaw from me.
Jul 23, 2012 6:34 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, this is very promising.
I'm looking forward to the next episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 23, 2012 6:43 AM

Sep 2010
At least better than previous episode. And Yui's bitchiness is getting too damn annoying. Hobbit girl becomes less annoying, but still annoying.

3.5/5
twonlineJul 23, 2012 6:49 AM
Jul 23, 2012 8:27 AM

Jun 2012
Weird scene with the Scarlet Twins and Bridges whatnot. Eh, good ep 4/5 I think.Also, I so much prefer Takamura with long hair, for it makes her so much sexier. =P
Did you say "nerd"?
----------------------
Not "nerd" -- "node".

Jul 23, 2012 8:40 AM

Feb 2012
Marzan said:
I like the general storyline and setup of this series, but I wished they focused less on national stereotypes and differences. You would have thought than under invasion from an alien species, we would all be just 'humans' again.

Defiantly agree with that you'd think people would realize at least we are all from the same planet, but people can be very petty and hold grudges for a long time so i can see why they wouldn't stop with looking at everyone's differences.
Jul 23, 2012 8:43 AM

Mar 2011
What an EPIC battle of words between Ono Daisuke VS Nakahara Mai but Yui owned Yuuya more. Next ep, maybe will see them fight on a real combat battle between them.
Jul 23, 2012 9:19 AM
Jan 2011
This anime is seriously twisted :|. But so intriguing. I'm all curious about relationship between Bridges and Takamura... Hm, I just wonder how many episodes has this anime... I don't want it to get wasted just because there's not enough time to show everything.
Jul 23, 2012 11:46 AM
Apr 2012
mijuku-nii said:
This anime is seriously twisted :|. But so intriguing. I'm all curious about relationship between Bridges and Takamura... Hm, I just wonder how many episodes has this anime... I don't want it to get wasted just because there's not enough time to show everything.

24 or something around that.
Jul 23, 2012 12:09 PM

Aug 2008
Right. Next episode will finally let Yui kick Yuuya's ass, it seems.
I like Yuuya's overall attitude though. Hope he can learn some productive lessons from Yui.

But on a low side, I'm neither Japanese nor American, but I just hate racism this show is implying.
I hope they will try to express it in a more pleasant way.
Jul 23, 2012 1:53 PM
Jan 2011

There seems to be some kind of yuri thing with these scarlet twins.
Jul 23, 2012 2:38 PM

Nov 2010
Some more story about the characters
The racial thing was interesting, although the Japanese seem to pay for WW2 even in the far future
The tensions between nations still seems to stand from the cold war
Jul 23, 2012 3:08 PM

Jul 2011
I was very anxious to see the next episode but this just disappointed me. Not enough plot development.
Jul 23, 2012 3:25 PM

Jul 2010
He wanders off following Iori into a top secret Russian facility where the twins are kept , only to get interrogated by some "bad Soviets".

Pretty interesting, yet not very entertaining so far. I hope Yuuya masters the Japanese machine soon. Otherwise he'll keep on disappointing Yui.

Jul 23, 2012 5:50 PM

Sep 2007
KaitoDash said:
Right. Next episode will finally let Yui kick Yuuya's ass, it seems.
I like Yuuya's overall attitude though. Hope he can learn some productive lessons from Yui.

But on a low side, I'm neither Japanese nor American, but I just hate racism this show is implying.

Expressing racism in a pleasant way? How does that work?

This show clearly needs more naked Venus.
Jul 23, 2012 7:40 PM

Apr 2011
A nice episode that gives background information on our MC's. Could have done better but I expect nothing less. Also is the nest episode a reference to the movie "The Right Stuff?"
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Jul 23, 2012 9:50 PM
Dec 2011
I normally don't care for this type of anime but for some reason I'm intrigued by this series. This episode I didn't enjoy too much, but I see the potential in this series!

Next episode I can almost guarantee it will be Takamura piloting that same training mech that Bridges thinks is a POS and Bridges piloting an American made model, with Takamura kicking his ass in the end.
I will be SHOCKED if that's not what'll happen! :)
Jul 24, 2012 12:44 AM

Aug 2008
Wasabi said:
KaitoDash said:

So far I have a feeling that the show is portraying American as racists against Japanese, which means that whoever in charge of this show (Japanese) is kind of a racist against American. They express the two countries in a way that makes American looks extremely bad for their racism and makes Japanese looks so good for their humbleness and whatever. And I don't appreciate this at all. I think they should not try so hard to show Japanese greatness.

I don't know. I might be over-thinking things.
Jul 24, 2012 1:44 AM

Mar 2012
now this series started kicking the right way...
Yuya Bridges in one episode sinked to oblivion all male protagonists of the present season.
Jul 24, 2012 4:27 AM
Apr 2012
KaitoDash said:
Wasabi said:
KaitoDash said:

So far I have a feeling that the show is portraying American as racists against Japanese, which means that whoever in charge of this show (Japanese) is kind of a racist against American. They express the two countries in a way that makes American looks extremely bad for their racism and makes Japanese looks so good for their humbleness and whatever. And I don't appreciate this at all. I think they should not try so hard to show Japanese greatness.

Well, at the same time as they show americans as being bad, Yui suffers from the Japanese arrogance, which, in my opinion, is almost as bad as the racism. But yeah, in the Muv Luv universe, the Americans are asses, that's the way it's written - so you do have a point.
Jul 24, 2012 7:40 AM

Nov 2007
maxie said:
KaitoDash said:
Wasabi said:
KaitoDash said:

Well, at the same time as they show americans as being bad, Yui suffers from the Japanese arrogance, which, in my opinion, is almost as bad as the racism. But yeah, in the Muv Luv universe, the Americans are asses, that's the way it's written - so you do have a point.

YAMATO DAMASHII is fine if you're Ikaruga though. But Walken was a pretty cool guy for an American. At least I thought so. By the end of Alternative I think most people should be able to understand the US's support of G-bombs and other such flaws, Takeru was able to see their reasoning in it. Not only that, but it goes out of its way to mention that not all American's are like this (many of them supported Susanoo/Alternative IV instead.)

Although I admit their usage of refugees over their own troops is a bit cowardly, as is their lack of S-11's, but how many American made suits are even sent on hive infiltrations? Most infiltrations haven't been done by American's so the S-11 wouldn't be as useful. I think most countries would also probably rather field refugees over their own men if they could... And even if America played a part in it, Japan was the one who needed a coup d'etat to unify itself. So yeah, nobody is perfect in the Muv-Luv universe.
Jul 24, 2012 10:36 AM

Apr 2010
What i don't understand here was the hatred against the Japanese even after reading some of the commends posted it's almost like there is still hatred left from WW2 here but then the Germans and that Italian guy should be hated as well.
And it wasn't only the Americans who seemed to have a form of hatred against the Japanese but also the Russians.
Also the words they used all came down to the Japanese being cowards who use underhanded techniques yet as far as i know of Japanese there pretty much the opposite of that.

I also have questions about the units.
The units they showed last episode all appeared to be older units i won't call them outdated but it's a bit strange for them to be on a test side for new units.
I mean if this was 2001 why isn't there a Eurofighter Typhoon or a Sukhoi su30 especially since the F-22 Raptor was mentioned.
Jul 24, 2012 10:52 AM

Oct 2010
KaitoDash said:
Wasabi said:
KaitoDash said:

It's possible. He is not the only one. We can correlate that on Jinrui and the creator's hatred for anime declining humanity.

As strange as it seems there seems to be a strong voicing out of creators or directors in anime to make clear some of their discontent.

BOTH ARE BAD! While one makes anime look bad no matter what this one makes a DISGUSTING reality being tried to be eliminated resurface. This truly is sad to hear.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 24, 2012 11:03 AM

Nov 2007
Aversa said:
What i don't understand here was the hatred against the Japanese even after reading some of the commends posted it's almost like there is still hatred left from WW2 here but then the Germans and that Italian guy should be hated as well.
And it wasn't only the Americans who seemed to have a form of hatred against the Japanese but also the Russians.
Also the words they used all came down to the Japanese being cowards who use underhanded techniques yet as far as i know of Japanese there pretty much the opposite of that.

The units they showed last episode all appeared to be older units i won't call them outdated but it's a bit strange for them to be on a test side for new units.
I mean if this was 2001 why isn't there a Eurofighter Typhoon or a Sukhoi su30 especially since the F-22 Raptor was mentioned.

I'm pretty sure the Eagle's, while old, are using special parts. It actually makes sense, because the Eagle has been the mainstay for a lot of forces and the US still produces and fields an incredible number of them. So furthering development for them would be a logical step since the Raptor hasn't been produced in nearly as high a quantity. They also have an Active Eagle with them which uses technology from the F-22 for example.
Jul 24, 2012 11:40 AM

Jun 2009
Finally watched the episode and i don't see why everyone hate Yui and not Yuuya. Seriously, he's a dick because he had hard childhood? Okay.
Yui wasn't completely right though, i agree with most of things she said but him being a disgrace for Japan was rather out of place and unrelated. He's an American solder to begin with, there's no point in comparing him with Japanese army just because he's a halfbreed.

Also so much QUALITY this episode, the TSF are the only good-looking thing now.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 24, 2012 4:01 PM

Mar 2010
OrochiPL said:
Finally watched the episode and i don't see why everyone hate Yui and not Yuuya. Seriously, he's a dick because he had hard childhood? Okay.

This.

IMO Yui is doing a good thing because she's trying to make him give it his best. She is trying to force him to suck up his pride (his "I'm an American so I don't want to have anything to do with Japanese stuff" attitude was shown more than once) and actually do his best. Instead of cheering him up, she yells at him and tells him he has no talent. It was as if she was daring him to prove her wrong so I don't really see why would she be the "bad" one. She clearly cares about him (getting him out and always being there when he's down) she's just trying to make him more determined and not to blame everything on his TSF.

That aside. The episode was equal to the previous one in quality (not a good thing). So far, Yuuya completely fails as the lead for me. He just whines and complains about everything. I don't see anything interesting about him and in a time of war with most of humanity gone, I don't understand why sad childhood should be something to note. I'm pretty sure about eveyone had a sad childhood in a way. Some main characters got demoted to side characters, Inia and Cryska (or whatever their names are) are pretty interesting, I liked the bathing scene. :-3 I wonder how the hell he could just walk into a top secret area. National stereotypes are really strong with this episode. Usually, I don't mind it too much but this is really overdone. Russians/Soviets are those who first shoot/torture and then ask, Japanese are seemingly cold and proud, Americans are rasists and it goes on and on. The side characters too, tsundere, yamato nadeshiko, etc. Everyone in this show is a stereotype. It just feels wrong. I can't really like anyone knowing there's nothing else to them than that.

Seriously, I wanna see the same action we saw in the first 2 episodes not character focused plot without any character development.
Jul 25, 2012 2:33 AM

Jun 2010
HikaruIzumi said:
Seriously, I wanna see the same action we saw in the first 2 episodes not character focused plot without any character development.

That's why there's 26 episodes.
Jul 25, 2012 2:43 AM

Oct 2010
Muv-Luv-er said:
HikaruIzumi said:

It's 26 or 2 cour?

Jul 25, 2012 4:41 AM

Jun 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Muv-Luv-er said:
HikaruIzumi said:

It's 26 or 2 cour?

There's 24 eps and bonus footage.

Source: http://www.amiami.com search for Muv Luv
Jul 25, 2012 4:57 AM
Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
KaitoDash said:
Wasabi said:
KaitoDash said:

It's possible. He is not the only one. We can correlate that on Jinrui and the creator's hatred for anime declining humanity.

As strange as it seems there seems to be a strong voicing out of creators or directors in anime to make clear some of their discontent.

BOTH ARE BAD! While one makes anime look bad no matter what this one makes a DISGUSTING reality being tried to be eliminated resurface. This truly is sad to hear.

Your critique of the this is one of the reason why the original trilogy was not animated, the sponsors were afraid of such.

The Muv-Luv series, generally contains many conservative ideals, and many patriotic and nationalistic themes. The Japanese not being westernized and retaining their goverment, heroic sacrifices for the human race and their country (Alternative), political infighting (Coup, Alternative), America supporting Babylon and trying to stop Yuuko's Alternative plans (Alternative), America being nuke hungry (G-Bombs in Alternative), CIA agents purposely worsening the Coup, CIA sabotaging TSF of a American Soldier (Walken Is the Best Mabu Ravu).
Jul 25, 2012 11:11 AM

Jul 2011
Not sure how much longer I can go on this one, it's honestly pretty boring. Last episode gave me hope for something to look forward to. The characters got an upgrade, but the story/plot is still just not very interesting. I'l give it a few more episodes though I suppose
Jul 26, 2012 8:14 AM

Apr 2010
Thalos said:
Aversa said:

I'm pretty sure the Eagle's, while old, are using special parts. It actually makes sense, because the Eagle has been the mainstay for a lot of forces and the US still produces and fields an incredible number of them. So furthering development for them would be a logical step since the Raptor hasn't been produced in nearly as high a quantity. They also have an Active Eagle with them which uses technology from the F-22 for example.
They might be upgrades and there still decent fighters but the main reason why i am wondering is the fact that there in a war.
Normally during a major was and with major war i mean something that shakes up all superpowers you would see weapon development and production going up majorly.
And the chances of weapons being broken also increases since there used on the battlefield everyday.
Which means that older weapons get replaced allot faster then they would during peace time.
The second reason why i am asking is because of Japan's unit the one Yui used during her battle was a Type 94 if i recall correctly yet they where already mentioning the Type 97 here in only a few year.
And you can achieve allot with upgrades but sometimes it's just more effective to make a entirely new unit the F-22 Raptor for example looks completely different from it's predecessors the F-15 Eagle and the F-16 Falcon.
Jul 26, 2012 10:56 PM

Dec 2007
KaitoDash said:
Wasabi said:
KaitoDash said:

Well, from the crap I seen my "friendly" American neighbors say about the Japanese it does seem spot on. We got the weeaboos worshipping the Japanese then you got the Americans shitting on them. Got a lovely "love-hate" relationship between Japan & American to the point where it is getting to that disturbing line. Think I'm making shit up? Look around the web, look at some football (soccer) made comments and just listen to people out in the public.

(edit: As for the neutral folks who enjoy Anime genuinely, seem to be a handful and not part of my point really.)

-------

I'm on neither Yuuya's nor Yui's side. I simply see it as a lover's quarrel and maybe some BETA war tension/stress. Everybody is on edge so they're snapping at one another most likely.

And ya, I'll admit this show is struggling to the point where its on the fine line of being a very bad Anime. I don't know whats keeping me attached but I'm still watching it...Wish I knew what was keeping me attached. The lover's quarrel? *shrugs*.
EuroSubstanceJul 26, 2012 11:14 PM
Jul 27, 2012 3:30 PM

Feb 2012
I’m really enjoying all the racial tension mainly because I can empathize with Bridges (I’m half white and half black). I get the feeling that many people don’t understand both how challenging it is to be mixed raced. The cool part is that you’re able to get multiple perspectives on the world which can be invaluable at times. Unfortunately there is no way you will ever be able to escape the fact that you’re a mutt, and mutts are never really desirable. It’s not that people don’t like mutts, it’s just that you never hear of people who would spend hundreds of dollars on one.

Bridges biggest problem is that he is not at all Japanese; in fact, he doesn’t really have an identity. His Japanese father left him as a kid so he has no connection at all with the culture. It appeared that he grew up surrounded by white people, but no matter how white you act, he will never be truly recognized as white. Everyone is trying to classify him as something but none of the classifications fit for him. (I don’t know the official back-story and lore Muv-Luv so I may be completely wrong here) I get the feeling that the main reason Bridges fights is that he is trying to gain an identity that fits him. The American military is a multiethnic meritocracy so it is one of the few places where his race holds no bearing in his prospect of advancement or success. The reason Bridges’ military career isn’t looking good is not because he is half-Japanese, it is because he is too individualistic which is most likely because that was the only way he was able to handle his mixed ethnicity.

In my opinion, the racism Yui is showing is the worst kind you can face if you’re biracial. Blatant racism is easy to handle; everyone can see it and its confrontational nature means that it tends to get resolved quickly. To most people what she has said to Bridges doesn’t seem that bad, but they were very biting words. All she does is tell him that he is something that she believes he should be and that he sucks at it. Yui never asks him what he think he is, she already has a preconceived notion of what Bridges is. Yui understands that Bridges isn’t fully Japanese, but she can’t understand why he isn’t even a little bit Japanese. She doesn’t understand why he doesn’t care at all about her homeland that she watched burn. I am interested in how they overcome this problem but I get the feeling it will be a copout.
Jul 27, 2012 4:35 PM

Oct 2010
Muv-Luv-er said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Muv-Luv-er said:
HikaruIzumi said:

It's 26 or 2 cour?

YIKES! Sounds amazing for a surprise. Too bad only some blanks of female body parts and some blood that is uncensored. Most of it will be around in death black and light rays. Too bad AT-X does not uncensor either.

Also from the looks of it they might combine both 1st and 2nd games into this one with alterations or it's all new stuff? Cause to me it seems to not spoil anything lead to the end of #2, which would conclude nicely IMO with loads of gore/sex/action. Well not saying more but those 3 elements will in there censored if they should do the same as I saw of the CGs of the games.

Is that right and the 2 episodes were character's past intro? This one really sounds like the start of game #1/#2 except Academy looks more military than school type.

Jul 27, 2012 11:50 PM
Mar 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
Muv-Luv-er said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Muv-Luv-er said:
HikaruIzumi said:

It's 26 or 2 cour?

YIKES! Sounds amazing for a surprise. Too bad only some blanks of female body parts and some blood that is uncensored. Most of it will be around in death black and light rays. Too bad AT-X does not uncensor either.

Also from the looks of it they might combine both 1st and 2nd games into this one with alterations or it's all new stuff? Cause to me it seems to not spoil anything lead to the end of #2, which would conclude nicely IMO with loads of gore/sex/action. Well not saying more but those 3 elements will in there censored if they should do the same as I saw of the CGs of the games.

Is that right and the 2 episodes were character's past intro? This one really sounds like the start of game #1/#2 except Academy looks more military than school type.

Nope this is just side story and nothing really related, or only very little to The Muv-luv Trilogy. This only talk about life of everyday people (eishi testing new technology and mechs) in Muv-luv Alternative world.

The main game, Muv-luv Alternative, talk about lots of stuff like parallel worlds, time loops, causality, quantum physics, politics, BETA, war, and
Jul 27, 2012 11:57 PM

Oct 2010
liemtodaisu said:
However surely won't they infuse what is mentioned in your spoiler and other elements of games? For 24 episodes of development there must be more to show than just everyday lives and practices of the pilots themselves.

Jul 28, 2012 12:06 AM
Mar 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
liemtodaisu said:
However surely won't they infuse what is mentioned in your spoiler and other elements of games? For 24 episodes of development there must be more to show than just everyday lives and practices of the pilots themselves.

Nah I doubt it will, maybe some events will get mentioned in the anime but it wont be spoiler much since It doesn't even involve the main cast of Alternative which are Squad 207 Valkyrie, Shirogane Takeru, Yuuko sensei, and humaninty's last hope and greatest technology of Muv-luv universe.
Jul 29, 2012 9:50 PM

Mar 2010
I bet those two Russian girls are part of Alternative 3. Just a hunch. It's the Russians who developed those girls after all.

Inia also carries a Teddy, just like Kasumi's rabbit.
Jul 30, 2012 7:29 AM
Jul 2012
Yuuya begins to annoy me in this episode. Maybe it had to do with episodes 1 and 2, but I'm on Yui's side on the topic of their arguement.

Its bluntly obvious that Yuuya's pride (and stubborness) is preventing him from progressing with the Fubuki, but he keeps blaming it on the poor TSF. Yui's counterarguement that these TSFs were the same types as those used to defend Japan even by trainees (such as herself during E1-E2) was an elegant counterarguement.

Yui is made to sound bad because of her harsh words. Implying that an elite American Eishi is less skilled than a Imperial Japan Guard certainly wasn't the way to convince a stubborn prideful Yuuya to train harder. That, and her Japanese pride (inferred when she mentioned Yuuya being a disgrace) clashes directtly against Yuuya's grudges and pride.

Inia pulls the "I appear anywhere I want to do, everywhere I can explore" stunt again and leads Yuuya right into the jaws of the USSR. Enter Cryska, and Yuuya gets a scare from the USSR officers (wow, talk about extreme questioning, though I think Yuuya deserved the pure scare alone.) Didn't help he gets referred to Japanese there, another blow to his pride. And hence nothing about his attitude changes.

And then we have another quarrel. I'm still on Yui's side. Yuuya just keeps blaming the machine (his indirect vent of anger of things Japanese) but Yui just keeps counterarguing with complete sense. (Upset you I said what you lost was a game? Well, I'll let you know exactly why its a game. And that we can even afford to play such games because of people who provided us the data in even worse conditions.)

And Cryska/Inia fanservice. Can't complain.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Season 2?

Allenkilla1 - Jun 11, 2013

45 by SlimShadyArgos1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:23 AM

» Muv Luv's Japanese critique of Americans

Jerrychiang - Aug 3, 2012

45 by 8man226 »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:32 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2012

175 by Zane_0 »»
Aug 9, 2023 10:56 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2012

146 by tinitits »»
Feb 28, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2012

52 by SMmania123 »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.