Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (75) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »
May 16, 2013 8:10 PM

Nov 2010
People who watch a lot shounen, school shows, harem and ecchi shows are so pathetic its sad.
May 16, 2013 8:48 PM

Jan 2013
Ampsta said:
People who watch a lot shounen, school shows, harem and ecchi shows are so pathetic its sad.

Everyone can watch whatever they want. Whether if it is pathetic or not, is subjective.
May 16, 2013 8:51 PM

Aug 2011
Any horror that isn't seen as "required watching" by most fans...Elfen Lied was tolerable but I will never watch Higurashi. I hate scary shows.

I also refuse to get into the "Big Three" simply because I don't have the time. One Piece seems interesting (especially since I like Fairy Tail) but it's pretty much endless.
May 16, 2013 10:43 PM

Apr 2013
Boku no Pico - it's just too much for me to handle and I will never look at it ever again.
Detective Konan - It looks boring. Really not what I'm looking for.
Clannad - Watched a few episodes and I just thought it was kind of boring. Idk if I'm going to start watching it again. Maybe someday.
May 16, 2013 10:52 PM

Nov 2012
naruto and DBZ.. and school day -_- even I have look it very much
May 16, 2013 10:57 PM

Oct 2012
Clannad, can't bare myself to watch another harem.
May 16, 2013 10:59 PM

Nov 2012
naruto and DBZ -_-
May 17, 2013 2:43 AM

May 2013
Zalis said:
Leapling said:

You judge the ending of an anime without even watching an ep? Aren't YOU being ridiculously cynical?
I'm not "judging the endings." I'm merely saying that:

A) The positive hype for these shows comes primarily from sources whose opinions I disagree with.
B) The information or speculation about the disappointing endings comes from more neutral sources.
C) Based on (A) and (B), and the overall lack of appeal of those shows to me, I choose not to watch them. I don't care for ultraviolence and gore, which look to be some of AoT's main selling points. I admit that they might be objectively good shows, but I've determined that I don't care to watch them.

Lots of people think SAO is utter BS, so why did you watch it? Why are you so surprised when people bash you for your ignorance?
Riddle me this: what does SAO have that those more serious "Type A" anime lack? If you said "cute girls, fanservice, and moe elements," you'd be right. Imo, these things can provide enough entertainment value to partially make up for a lackluster ending and other flaws. And really, the average opinion I got of SAO during its airing was "first arc pretty good, second arc ranges from 'not as good as the first' to 'utter shit'." Given anime fans' tendency to indulge in the inequality fallacy ("anything that's worse than something else is bad on its own, i.e. A > 0, B < A, therefore B < 0"), I correctly assumed I'd like the second arc more than the average opinions said I would. And the actual finale was more conclusive than most romance anime's endings.

Negative hype alone doesn't dissuade me as much as positive hype from the wrong people. Heck, negative hype from the right people is enough to convince me to watch something, as with roriconfan's review of Dusk Maiden X Amnesia. And if anyone wants to say I have "shit tastes," I invite you to look at my list. Moemoe fanservice fests are not rated disproportionately high, and most of my 9s and 10s are on more "respectable" titles.

Sorry, but I'm so weirded out by this. Why do you even let people's opinions or hypes affect you that much. Are you too incompetent to form your own opinion?
May 17, 2013 3:19 AM

May 2013
Bleach,Fairy tail and other shounen :/
It's insane how awesome Fate/Zero is.
May 17, 2013 3:35 AM

Feb 2013
natssuu said:

Good decision. Trust me Clannad is a very terrible show, I don't know how I even managed to finish it. After Story was worse.
May 17, 2013 3:36 AM

Sep 2012
Naruto Shippuden, Detective Conan and all magical girl shows like Sailor moon,Ojamajo Doremi and Tokyo mew mew
May 17, 2013 3:58 AM

Nov 2012
Nidalee said:
natssuu said:

Good decision. Trust me Clannad is a very terrible show, I don't know how I even managed to finish it. After Story was worse.
Hmm? not sure if serous.
May 17, 2013 9:36 AM

Feb 2013
johnyjohny said:
Nidalee said:
natssuu said:

Hmm? not sure if serous.

Why wouldn't I be serious? Even putting aside the horrendous artstyle, its still one of the worse anime I've seen yet.
May 17, 2013 10:22 AM

Nov 2012
Nidalee said:
johnyjohny said:
Nidalee said:
natssuu said:

Hmm? not sure if serous.

Why wouldn't I be serious? Even putting aside the horrendous artstyle, its still one of the worse anime I've seen yet.
Hmmmm? still didn't believe him.
May 17, 2013 11:17 AM

Jul 2010
I pretty much prefer to avoid all horror and ecchi/incest/fanservice anime at all costs.
May 17, 2013 2:06 PM

Jan 2013
Firechick12012 said:
I pretty much prefer to avoid all ecchi/incest/fanservice anime at all costs.

This here. Good post. Also all moe shit.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
May 17, 2013 2:26 PM

May 2013
johnyjohny said:
Nidalee said:
johnyjohny said:
Nidalee said:
natssuu said:

Hmm? not sure if serous.

Do you believe me then? I thought it was quite bad too. After story is obviously superior, though, but still not good enough for me.
May 17, 2013 2:41 PM

Nov 2012
Leapling said:
johnyjohny said:
Nidalee said:
johnyjohny said:
Nidalee said:
natssuu said:

Hmm? not sure if serous.

Do you believe me then? I thought it was quite bad too. After story is obviously superior, though, but still not good enough for me.
May 17, 2013 2:59 PM
Jan 2013
johnyjohny said:
Leapling said:
johnyjohny said:
Nidalee said:
johnyjohny said:
Nidalee said:
natssuu said:

Hmm? not sure if serous.

Clannad is overrated IMO and to be fair its really slow, It was pretty hard challenge to complete it
May 17, 2013 3:09 PM

Nov 2012
Allenkilla1 said:
johnyjohny said:
Leapling said:
johnyjohny said:
Nidalee said:
johnyjohny said:
Nidalee said:
natssuu said:

Hmm? not sure if serous.

Clannad is overrated IMO and to be fair its really slow, It was pretty hard challenge to complete it
Yet this are the stats

Deal with it
May 17, 2013 3:15 PM

Mar 2013
Nidalee said:
natssuu said:

Lel.
You seem to be a hater, based on how you rate, you won't mind if I don't believe your judgment.
May 17, 2013 4:27 PM

Jun 2007
Falcie said:
I actually watched a chapter [of Lucky Star] and thought it was downright boring, so now I refuse to watch it.
I suppose that's semi-reasonable, but "dropping after seeing one episode" and "refusing to watch any episodes" (which is the topic of this thread) are two different things.

Leapling said:
Well, aren't you missing out [on Psycho-Pass and Attack on Titan]. :)
Sorry, but I'm so weirded out by this. Why do you even let people's opinions or hypes affect you that much? Are you too incompetent to form your own opinion?

Let's see if I have this straight. Actual reasoning behind anime choices weirds you out, and paying attention to previews, reviews, and forum chatter about a series makes someone "incompetent"? And if being affected by others' opinions is so wrong, why were you trying to influence my opinion in that earlier post? My opinion is quite well-formed: I don't care for ultraviolent/gory/SRSDeep/GrimDark anime. When I see people (especially those who're out to troll me as a "Type B" anime fan) praising an anime for having those qualities, I avoid that anime.

natssuu said:
I don't know why you feel the need to strip naked to watch harem anime, but hey, I'm not judging... However, this brings up the flipside of my stance. For all the haters of Clannad and similar shows out there: if you see a review praising an anime for its cute girls and supernatural melodrama, you'd probably avoid that show, right? If you dislike lolicon, and see a review praising the awesome loli fanservice in some series, you'd avoid it, right?
May 17, 2013 4:30 PM

May 2013
johnyjohny said:
Allenkilla1 said:
johnyjohny said:
Leapling said:
johnyjohny said:
Nidalee said:
johnyjohny said:
Nidalee said:
natssuu said:

Hmm? not sure if serous.

Yet this are the stats

Deal with it

Lol ratings aren't everything, we've got an opinion of our own, too. :)
May 17, 2013 4:57 PM

Nov 2012
Leapling said:
johnyjohny said:
Allenkilla1 said:
johnyjohny said:
Leapling said:
johnyjohny said:
Nidalee said:
johnyjohny said:
Nidalee said:
natssuu said:

Hmm? not sure if serous.

Yet this are the stats

Deal with it

Lol ratings aren't everything, we've got an opinion of our own, too. :)
May 17, 2013 4:59 PM

Jul 2012
^DON'T YOU POST A WRESTLING MEME
הלב שלי כבר מת
May 17, 2013 5:04 PM

May 2013
Off the top of my head School days and elfein lied.
May 17, 2013 5:11 PM

Mar 2012
>People denying that Clannad is overrated
May 17, 2013 5:27 PM

May 2013
My sister told me not to watch clanned because it somewhat depressing little did she know I had no intention of watching it in the first place.
May 17, 2013 6:40 PM

Jul 2010
Boku no Pico.

It's just like...

NOPE.jpg
May 17, 2013 6:47 PM

Nov 2012
I cant stand watching Ghost in Shell SAC any more. The over-used 3D CGIs just disgust me. :/
May 18, 2013 1:19 AM

Feb 2013
Chakaara said:
Lel.
You seem to be a hater, based on how you rate, you won't mind if I don't believe your judgment.

I rate it low because there is nothing about the show that I liked and in my opinion its a shitty series.
May 18, 2013 1:29 AM
Aug 2011
I will never watch:
-Shakugan no Shana or anything related to it
-Hetalia
-Full Metal Panic (though damn I might be missing out on that Fumoffu)
-Hidamari Sketch (I think I would like this. I know if I combined everything it's not a lot of episodes but separate seasons make it seem like a lot.)

Previously i've also said that I will never watch anything relating the the Higurashi series and I still won't watch that.
standMay 18, 2013 1:34 AM
May 18, 2013 2:06 AM

May 2012
I love how cool people in MAL hates overrated stuff. The hype affects their impression on the anime. Not the quality, just the hype.

Got to love it.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
May 18, 2013 3:17 AM
May 2013
Yaoi and long animes.
May 18, 2013 3:42 AM
Jul 2018
Hentai animes. >_<
:P
May 18, 2013 3:53 AM

Nov 2012
iamtinesirk said:
Hentai animes. >_<
Lair
May 18, 2013 8:56 AM

May 2013
johnyjohny said:
iamtinesirk said:
Hentai animes. >_<
Lair

*Liar. Absolutely.
May 18, 2013 10:31 AM

May 2013
Evangelion... I hear something about angst... And I want to see none of that.
May 18, 2013 10:44 AM
Apr 2013
Yaoi, BL and any anime that include bishounen with homoerotic undertones.
May 18, 2013 11:04 AM

Dec 2007
Toaru Majutsu no Index and all its sequels, side stories, movies, etc. Not even because it's THAT bad but because one of my friends kept pushing it in my face so much that if I'll ever watch I'll throw up and try to drown myself in the toilet and will most likely succeed. (well, besides the 2 episodes that I sort of watched so he can shut up, which he didn't)
May 18, 2013 11:12 AM

Jun 2011
Acquaintance said:
Toaru Majutsu no Index and all its sequels, side stories, movies, etc. Not even because it's THAT bad but because one of my friends kept pushing it in my face so much that if I'll ever watch I'll throw up and try to drown myself in the toilet and will most likely succeed. (well, besides the 2 episodes that I sort of watched so he can shut up, which he didn't)

It's shit anyway. Good choice.
May 18, 2013 11:21 AM

Dec 2012
One Piece and Naruto.
May 18, 2013 11:50 AM

May 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Smirking said:
Acquaintance said:

It's shit anyway. Good choice.

Pretty much. I forced myself through the first season and recently watched the first episode of the second.

I dunno if I can get through this one as well :(

What a shame. Misaka is so pretty, I thought I'd like that anime :(
May 18, 2013 12:01 PM

Jan 2013
Tommk said:
I love how cool people in MAL hates overrated stuff. The hype affects their impression on the anime. Not the quality, just the hype.

Got to love it.

Frickin' hipsters, amirite?
May 18, 2013 12:03 PM
Jul 2012
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. For some reason, this show makes me mad.And the reasons the main character hates them doesn't mean all people mean that way.
May 18, 2013 12:28 PM

Jan 2013
GoldenBRS said:
And the reasons the main character hates them doesn't mean all people mean that way.

Not sure what you're trying to get at with this.
Oregairu in my top 3 anime this season, it's great.

I'm avoiding Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, just keep putting it off. I know it's going to be good, but I don't ever feel like watching it.
May 18, 2013 12:45 PM
Jul 2012
RediceRyan said:
GoldenBRS said:
And the reasons the main character hates them doesn't mean all people mean that way.

Not sure what you're trying to get at with this.
Oregairu in my top 3 anime this season, it's great.

The main character hates people because he thinks everyone is mean. Not a person is like that attitude.
May 18, 2013 6:32 PM

May 2013
DBZ, Yu Gi Oh etc- Got that phase out of the way long ago
One Piece- Not really my cup of tea.
Pages (75) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 4 hours ago

20 by aikaflip »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 6 minutes ago

0 by Absurdo_N »»
6 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 6 hours ago

35 by aikaflip »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 8 hours ago

33 by aikaflip »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - Yesterday

45 by Coaghim »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.