Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 14, 2012 5:00 PM

Oct 2010
o0yamaki0o said:
MagicIdiot said:
Can someone explain to me why he was considered a cheater?

Because those people believed that Kirito knew something but didn't tell them. ie: Boss's Skills...
First of all anyone being a Beta Tester is kind of a cheater. They know ahead loads and most don't. Hence a unfair advantage.

While any other thing I might think is if someone would have implemented some hack, however the creator never even allowed that to happen.

BTW Does the game have bugs that are to incur? Just curious of that notion and did not really see of it nor hear of it so far concerning the theme of this series.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 14, 2012 5:01 PM
Mar 2012
I don't understand why some people are raging that it's rushed. Yes, it's a bummer but how can you expect a direct adaptation from light novel to anime to not be condensed? Let alone manga first and then to anime, condensation sometimes, if not a lot occurs...

From what I can say, so far so good. I wished it was longer as many others but hey, I'm glad that they actually included Kirito's beginnings.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Jul 14, 2012 5:02 PM

Jul 2012
I'm new here so please go easy on me. Anyway although the episode does feel kinda rushed for the LN reader but the anime-only viewer won't notice it as much. The stills did kinda bother me but oh well. All in all a solid if predictable episode. But they did change a lot from the original side story. Lots of scenes cut, a side character not included, a certain fan-service scene omitted and Diabel being portrayed as a "good guy" when he actually originally wasn't but they needed a stand in for that nerfed side chara so he was made to fit the bill.

And for those not understanding Kiritos haughty speech near the end it was so he could divert all the hate to himself and save the other beta testers from all that blame. He was doing a "Lelouch" so to speak.

Nex ep will be a tearjerker. But I still wonder about the impact since it will be relegated to a one episode affair...
Jul 14, 2012 5:03 PM

Sep 2009
Ok...you guys are convincing me to read the novel.
Jul 14, 2012 5:03 PM

Jun 2010
Saineria said:
-MgZ_ said:

I think it's not under any specific volume on bakatsuki, so it's all the way down (Aria).

You'll know what they changed when you read it.
It's there. Volume 7, based on what people said.

I wanna know if they did CHANGED something or not. Just that.
Jul 14, 2012 5:05 PM

Nov 2011
Why are they skipping things? Man, directors never learn. Maybe UFOtable should have gotten this, atleast animation will be decent
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jul 14, 2012 5:06 PM
Jan 2011
I can't bring myself to like the music, even though it's Yuki Kajiura's work :|.
Jul 14, 2012 5:06 PM
Dec 2008
Killjow said:
Up until near the end this was amazing death, emotions, inner monologues mysterious girl it had everything but the one thing that somewhat ruined it for me is when the main character pretended to be cocky and cruel just to get out of the situation.

If there is one thing I dislike about any anime its when the protagonist changes character completely that is what ruined guilty crown for me I hope he ends this facade and goes back to normal.

Other than that this episode still gets a 5/5 from me and I can't wait till next weeks episode.

He didn't do it to get out of the situation, in the novel the group beginning to doubt that the lacking of infomation might because they want to hold it to themselve (the beta testers) so Kirito do it for the normal beta testers not become the target of hatred (his friend Argo provied the infomation which didn't appeared in the anime).
Jul 14, 2012 5:07 PM

Jul 2007
Coming from someone who has never read any of the novels and NEVER will, this episode is freaking amazing. Kirito's little craziness at the end... priceless.

You guys say it feels rushed because it skipped a lot of dialogue? I'm thankful for that because that means the director knows what he is doing. It had a good balance of story and action that made the episode enjoyable to watch. If they had just talked the whole time then I would have been disappointed.

Loving this show so far. 5/5
spartan112gJul 14, 2012 5:11 PM
Jul 14, 2012 5:10 PM

Jul 2012
spartan112g said:
Coming from someone who has never read any of the novels and NEVER will, this episode is freaking amazing. Kirito's little craziness at the end... priceless.

Please do reconsider. At least after the animes run. They're really good reads. But anyway its your choice.
Jul 14, 2012 5:12 PM
Sep 2010
ernst said:
Why are they skipping things? Man, directors never learn. Maybe UFOtable should have gotten this, atleast animation will be decent

I loved Ufotable's F/Z adaptation =)
Jul 14, 2012 5:12 PM

Apr 2010
Amazing episode!

Kirito is such an interesting main character. Looking forward to his development throughout the series. At the moment only this anime can compare to the sheer greatness that is Kuroko no basket.
Jul 14, 2012 5:14 PM

Oct 2010
damn i want to watch the next episode already, this is going to get really addicting
Jul 14, 2012 5:25 PM

Mar 2011
The fight scene was well done, and i'm glad that they were able to maintain the quality same as the 1st ep
I wish that Asuna could get more screen time though
Damn, now I need to wait for 1 more week XD
Jul 14, 2012 5:26 PM
Sep 2008
when do they fuck
Jul 14, 2012 5:28 PM

Jan 2009
-MgZ_ said:
Saineria said:
-MgZ_ said:
I think it's not under any specific volume on bakatsuki, so it's all the way down (Aria).

Then I guess "people" have to be wrong, as Aria SS isn't in vol.7, but released first on Kawahara's website as a web novel, and recently published as a separate volume.
Actually, huh? Why vol.7 anyway? It's completely unrelated to the current part ( ¬‿¬)
It could have been vol.8 though, as the First Day side story is there. But it's not.

As for the changes, well, for one change, they skipped a character completely. It's not a very important character, sure, and all she ever does is provide information.
That guidebook's author, actually, and the biggest information seller in Aincrad.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 14, 2012 5:29 PM

Dec 2009
WhiteBlue said:
when do they fuck

Never

Not in the anime. Look for it online. :P
Jul 14, 2012 5:31 PM

Jul 2007
Oosran said:
-MgZ_ said:
Saineria said:
-MgZ_ said:

Then I guess "people" have to be wrong, as Aria SS isn't in vol.7, but released first on Kawahara's website as a web novel, and recently published as a separate volume.
Actually, huh? Why vol.7 anyway? It's completely unrelated to the current part ( ¬‿¬)

As for the changes, well, for one change, they skipped a character completely. It's not a very important character, sure, and all she ever does is provide information.
That guidebook's author, actually, and the biggest information seller in Aincrad.
You never know, they may add her later, but from what you've said, she didn't seem all that necessary to introduce anyway.

Netto_Azure said:
WhiteBlue said:
when do they fuck

Never

^^ I like the way this guy thinks. haha
Jul 14, 2012 5:39 PM

Jul 2012
Hey if they ever actually do an OVA of chapter 16.5 I'd download it in a heartbeat! That was one fine vanilla BTW.
Jul 14, 2012 5:43 PM

Jun 2010
Oosran said:
-MgZ_ said:
Saineria said:
-MgZ_ said:

It could have been vol.8 though, as the First Day side story is there. But it's not.

Well, my bad. The "people" are indeed wrong. So that Aria story was released even before the author made the volume one of the Novel? And about Asuna and Kirito,

Netto_Azure said:
WhiteBlue said:
when do they fuck

Never

LOL. Probably you should wait for Fakku's adaptation of chapter 16.5 XD
Jul 14, 2012 5:46 PM

Jul 2012
^ They do have a colored vanilla doujin up.
Jul 14, 2012 5:49 PM

Sep 2010
in the novel is supposed to be Kirito finding a rare rabbit monster and having someone cooking it but instead we got a episode that was rather rushed and i have a feeling next episode is rushed aswell
Jul 14, 2012 5:51 PM

Jan 2009
-MgZ_ said:
Oosran said:
-MgZ_ said:
Saineria said:
-MgZ_ said:

Well, my bad. The "people" are indeed wrong. So that Aria story was released even before the author made the volume one of the Novel?
Uh, no, I think you misunderstood. Or maybe I wasn't clear enough. All I said was that Aria SS was release as a web novel before the same was published physically, but it wasn't out before the first volume of the main novel.
Don't remember the exact release dates though.

spartan112g said:
Oosran said:
You never know, they may add her later, but from what you've said, she didn't seem all that necessary to introduce anyway.
Well, no. Not necessary, but a good addition. Adds quite a lot of meat on the bones of this story.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 14, 2012 5:52 PM

May 2011
Ah...the battle looks nice there.

And Kirito going to be alone there.
Jul 14, 2012 5:56 PM

Jul 2012
Xllr8 said:
in the novel is supposed to be Kirito finding a rare rabbit monster and having someone cooking it but instead we got a episode that was rather rushed and i have a feeling next episode is rushed aswell

This isn't included in the first novel. It's a side story Kawahara wrote after the first novel was finished.
Jul 14, 2012 5:57 PM
May 2012
5/5

awesome episode
Jul 14, 2012 5:58 PM
Sep 2011
i think this is going to be addicting i want it to be next Saturday already...
Jul 14, 2012 5:58 PM

Jan 2012
The raid wasn't half bad, but the boss didn't seem too strong. Want to see something more badass.

Jul 14, 2012 6:02 PM

Dec 2009
i haven't read the novel but i read the manga and it didn't show the first floor boss it jumped 2 years from the start and thats when we first see asuna when Kirito needs someone to cook a rare rabit.

I don't like this because it changes why he became the solo beater.
Jul 14, 2012 6:05 PM

Jul 2012
memphis407 said:
i haven't read the novel but i read the manga and it didn't show the first floor boss it jumped 2 years from the start and thats when we first see asuna when Kirito needs someone to cook a rare rabit.

Nope this is what the author intended. It's actually official canon. But it was written well after the first book was finished. It's like he's constantly adding elements to refine the series and the anime decided to animate it as well as the other side stories he wrote.
Jul 14, 2012 6:07 PM

Aug 2008
It must be pretty nice not to know a thing about the LN.
It's more suprising this way. The characters are acting not like I expected. :D
Jul 14, 2012 6:09 PM

Dec 2009
swordstriker21 said:
memphis407 said:

Nope this is what the author intended. It's actually official canon. But it was written well after the first book was finished. It's like he's constantly adding elements to refine the series and the anime decided to animate it as well as the other side stories he wrote.

ah ok
Jul 14, 2012 6:10 PM

Jun 2008
Sweet Kajiura soundtrack.
Jul 14, 2012 6:14 PM

Feb 2012
damn i'm just now watching it and there are 8 pages calm your selves xD
Jul 14, 2012 6:15 PM

Feb 2009
Laquendi said:
Some things seem wrong about this episode:
-Dafuq is Diabel talking about the highest level boss room? Why? Does it come as some kind of huge surprise that the highest floor has a boss room? And how does he even know that kind of stuff?
-Raid system seems strange? What's the point of being in supporting party if the ones who are actually fighting the boss get all items and exp? Wouldn't it make more sense to go with only one party?
-Kirito tries to save Diabel, but Diabel would rather have a speech about how he used to be a beta tester too?
-Why does Kirito think Diabel was a good guy when he just learned that he was a greedy fuck who tried to use them all for his own benefit?
-Kibaou's speach after they defeated the boss makes no sense at all. While no-one except Kirito knows 100% that Diabel was a beta tester too, it's painfully clear that no-one ordered Diabel to jump in all by himself. Besides Kirito has all the information needed to clear his name (and all the accusations against the beta testers are false anyways, so you would think that they would side with him rather than Kibaou), but because he is socially retard he instead decides that the world is evil and against him and he will never again be so foolish as to group with other people. Good thinking there!

Even if some of these things are better explained in the novel, it doesn't make the anime any better. Novel discussion forums are located here http://myanimelist.net/forum/?mangaid=21479.
1. You didn't pay attention. Diabel was also a beta tester, hence he knows about it.
2. The important thing for this boss battle is that they defeat it, as it has been one month already. They need to set an example to the people. Any fine details is secondary for the moment. And the people have roles of their own; tanks, attackers and support. Diabel was ordering people around wasn't he? And the more people the better.
3. It was too late to use a potion anyways. His HP was decreasing fast(red bar going too fast) that the potion will not do anything. The potion they have at the moment is only heal over time(HoT).
4. Still, he tried to lead everyone else to the boss battle, even if he was aiming for the last attack. Again, floor one hasn't been cleared yet so that's more important at the moment.
5.Kibaou was blaming Kirito for Diabel's death because he didn't give information about the boss. It was a shallow accusation since Kirito realized too late but it was already giving doubts among the players present and they might spread the news about beta testers. And remember the meeting earlier? People are already doubting and blaming beta testers back then about all the deaths for the past month so anything he says won't help. So he just took it upon himself to be the one they will hate.

Really people, just because not everything was spelled out for you, you go on complaining. At least try to understand the dialogues instead of just watching the animation and stuff.
Jul 14, 2012 6:16 PM

Jul 2012
memphis407 said:
swordstriker21 said:
memphis407 said:

ah ok

Read the side story for this if you're interested. Things play out VERY differently. It's called "Aria of the Starless Night"
Jul 14, 2012 6:16 PM

Dec 2010
Onii said:
Felt rushed

This.

I guess you can't help but feel that if you've read the novel.

Anyway, since the episode is pretty different from the sidestory related to it, I couldn't be satisfied. Though I still liked the episode and look forward to the next one.

Edit: Oh, I thought I should add that it didn't jsut feel rushed but there were plenty of pretty important details left out :/
Jul 14, 2012 6:19 PM

Dec 2009
swordstriker21 said:

One of the lulziest ones too that I've seen in a while...my first encounter with SAO LOL. xD
Jul 14, 2012 6:20 PM
Oct 2011
I too felt it was rushed, but it gave me enjoyment overall.
Anime is way faster than manga/novels because they show the actions rather than showing pictures of the movements or describing it.
At least they introduced Asuna and got most of the important things down, right?
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/darkdoll25&sclick=1">
Jul 14, 2012 6:21 PM

Jul 2012
Netto_Azure said:
swordstriker21 said:

One of the lulziest ones too that I've seen in a while...my first encounter with SAO LOL. xD

Really?... So what did you think about the cosplay thing? Hehehehe...
Jul 14, 2012 6:23 PM

Jun 2010
swordstriker21 said:
Netto_Azure said:
swordstriker21 said:

Really?... So what did you think about the cosplay thing? Hehehehe...

It's not really appropriate to talk about this things in this discussion. Though, I admit I had seen it.
Jul 14, 2012 6:25 PM

Jan 2009
im fine if they did not fully shown the details on the novel as long as important points are animated, this is an anime its bound to be a compress version of the novel/manga anyway since time is only 24 minutes per episode and buget contrain is also a problem
i love it the action was good and frantic i do hope they can maintain that level of animation until the end
Jul 14, 2012 6:29 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah lets not nitpick on things we're not likely gonna get and focus on the bright side of things. But I'm really praying they get the next ep. right. Please anime gods... Pretty please...
Jul 14, 2012 6:35 PM

Jun 2010
The one thing that Im really wishing for is that I hope they don't destroy the romance between Kirito and Asuna changing it into some kind of Harem thing thus destroying the story and the Anime.
Jul 14, 2012 6:38 PM
Jun 2010
This is so brilliant! Im loving this game! I would like to see how i would end!
Jul 14, 2012 6:38 PM

Jul 2012
-MgZ_ said:
The one thing that Im really wishing for is that I hope they don't destroy the romance between Kirito and Asuna changing it into some kind of Harem thing thus destroying the story and the Anime.

That will be one of the worst things that would possibly happen in this adaptation. The last thing I want to see is standard rom-com nonsense. If this ever happens whaddya say we bust out our prized swords and hack a few A-1 guys to pieces?
Jul 14, 2012 6:46 PM

Feb 2012
darkdoll25 said:
I too felt it was rushed, but it gave me enjoyment overall.
Anime is way faster than manga/novels because they show the actions rather than showing pictures of the movements or describing it.
At least they introduced Asuna and got most of the important things down, right?

They are doing things in what it appears chronological order the Main of Vol.1 didn't show this episode at the start I don't remember reading it in Vol. 1 at all.

They will probably put Vol. 1 and, Vol. 2 together. If you don't know Vol. 1 is the main story and, Vol. 2 is side stories for Sword Art Online
Jul 14, 2012 6:49 PM

Jun 2010
swordstriker21 said:
-MgZ_ said:

That will be one of the worst things that would possibly happen in this adaptation. The last thing I want to see is standard rom-com nonsense. If this ever happens whaddya say we bust out our prized swords and hack a few A-1 guys to pieces?
Yeah. That's probably the worst thing that could happen here. Ahahaha, you got a nice idea therre.
Jul 14, 2012 6:51 PM
Oct 2011
And so once again, a crappy adaptation is presented before us...

What I really liked about this "Aria in the Starless Nights" is Kirito's and Asuna's interaction with each other which is, obviously, cut off...

Why?!
Jul 14, 2012 6:55 PM

Mar 2011
clannadkanon said:
And so once again, a crappy adaptation is presented before us...

What I really liked about this "Aria in the Starless Nights" is Kirito's and Asuna's interaction with each other which is, obviously, cut off...

Why?!

Let's wish they will redeem it in the future episode
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2012

705 by amf85 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2012

686 by amf85 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

745 by amf85 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.