Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 3, 2008 12:04 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This would make a great love/comedy anime. I didn't think that Saber would go all by herself to face the other servant. I guess that servants have their own will after all.

Enough marathoning for today. My head aches.
Dec 11, 2008 10:46 PM

Jul 2008
I LOVE RIN IN THIS EP !

Dec 20, 2008 2:32 AM

Jun 2008
Yay for harem ! Nice episode, Tohsaka is cuuuuute. Also, I didn't expect that from Saber.
Apr 28, 2009 7:08 AM

Jan 2009
Shirou is really too damn trusting... That shinji guy is obviously plotting something. More servants are introduced, getting interesting next episode.

And I don't think you people should call this a harem. Its degrading the show. This is definitely not a harem, its the same as calling clannad a harem. Theres a friggin difference.
Apr 28, 2009 8:17 AM

Jun 2008
halberdiers said:
And I don't think you people should call this a harem. Its degrading the show. This is definitely not a harem, its the same as calling clannad a harem. Theres a friggin difference.

It's a show with strong harem elements. So it's a harem.
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
May 10, 2009 5:04 PM

Oct 2008
correct
May 30, 2009 6:14 AM

Feb 2009
Nice Saber will finaly do something (:
Jun 5, 2009 1:59 PM

Oct 2008
Rider..

Saber

Jun 9, 2009 6:20 AM

Jul 2008
halberdiers said:
Shirou is really too damn trusting... That shinji guy is obviously plotting something. More servants are introduced, getting interesting next episode.

Well the turn of events are pointing stronger towards a harem, but I definitely didn't expect Saber to go off and make that decision on her own, but its good because all we've seen for a while is Emiya running around and not doing much, at least now we get to see more Saber.
Sep 26, 2009 11:59 AM

Aug 2008
Heck yeh!! this got more interesting... S Shinji is Sakura's bro?? Oh I didn't knew that... Well I guess that brings Sakura closer to the Holy Grail War... and to the fact that she could be a Master... Yet Shinji tells Shirou she hasn't been raised as a Master/Sorceror/Magician.... First of all.. I dunno what Shinji is plotting... But heck if that Emiya prick somehow agrees to team up with Shinji or do something for Shinji then I'll teltransport myself into the anime and kill Shirou on my own....

He's still useless and stupid in this episode... I totally agree with Saber.... What you're waiting for? Not shedding a dorp of blood in this ruthless War... not Chance dude... Poor saber... I can't understand why she actually disobeyed Shirou this time... I guess she has reached the point where you think you're boss is useless you hate him and you wanna do something he told to not do...Thou she's not disobeying him... He actually told her to go by herself!!! WOW next epi will be really interesting :D

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2009 2:20 PM

Jul 2009
lol that reminded me of Elfen Lied when everyone starts moving in. Hmm so there are 7 masters and servants:

Emiya and Saber, Rin and Archer, ? and Lancer, Von whatsername and Berserker, Shinji and Rider, Witch lady and ?, possible student and ?. Interesting to see how their stories and fights will pan out as the series continues ^_^
Oct 19, 2009 2:54 PM

Aug 2009
Nice episode^^
I like it, when shounen have a harem-part xD
It's nice, that Saber disobeys Emiya^^
Oct 20, 2009 5:06 PM
Jul 2009
Emiya is sooo useless and powerless, bleh XP
Nov 8, 2009 9:22 PM

Jan 2009
Emiya's kinda a puss.
I'm glad Saber is taking some action and trying to win on her own.

Nov 28, 2009 1:43 AM

Jun 2009
Good episode, kind of interesting that Saber appears to be taking things into her own hands.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 22, 2010 9:01 PM

Nov 2009
Ive been pondering for awhile now..what could be saber's motive for winning the holy grail.. I bet its something noble and once emiya finds out about it..im sure he'll change his opinion on the war and the servants..maybe not
Feb 18, 2010 1:40 AM

Sep 2009
So Saber decides to take the initiative....I'm assuming something will go wrong. Also, I was a little surprised Tohsaka moved in...isn't she just going to make it harder for herself when she has to fight Emiya?...Well I'm sure there will be some plot twists later on.
Sep 20, 2010 8:55 AM
Jul 2010
saxophone15 said:
So Saber decides to take the initiative....I'm assuming something will go wrong. Also, I was a little surprised Tohsaka moved in...isn't she just going to make it harder for herself when she has to fight Emiya?...Well I'm sure there will be some plot twists later on.

I guess she kinda likes him... But I don't think it will be a big deal for her to try and kill Shirou. She's really cold when she wants too.
But what I liked was Saber taking matters into her own hands.

It's gonna be interesting next episode. I'm just glad that I still don't have much work at school so I can watch 5 or 6 in a row. I'm really liking this.
Dec 20, 2010 7:46 PM

Jul 2010
Well, I guess I can't stop watching now after that ending. The Servant with the katana looks pretty badass.

Nice that Saber decides to act against Shirou's orders, though I suppose that's very fitting, considering how many times he's gone against her advice. However I don't see this fight ending very well for her =/

It was also pretty funny how Rin just decided to move in with Shirou. Being the logical person that she is, though, shouldn't she have seen that she's just making it more difficult for later, when she inevitably has to fight him? Oh well, emotion does trump reason.
Feb 10, 2011 10:09 AM

Aug 2010
Will Saber pull off this stunt behind her master?? Now i want to know what Saber's plan are when she gets a hold of the holy grail...
Sep 13, 2011 2:04 PM

Sep 2008
Pretty stupid idea that Shirou goes to Shinji`s house when Shinji`s servant tried to kill him previously.

Well, Shirou going to Shinji`s house and rider trying to kill him were from different routes in VN, so I guess I can let that one slip.
Oct 31, 2011 6:30 PM

Jun 2009
Tsukaji said:
Pretty stupid idea that Shirou goes to Shinji`s house when Shinji`s servant tried to kill him previously.

Well, Shirou going to Shinji`s house and rider trying to kill him were from different routes in VN, so I guess I can let that one slip.

Which makes this all the more stupid. What the fuck was Deen thinking? Do they want Shirou to look like a complete idiot or something. Looking at these forums...I guess they are succeeding.

Still a pretty decent episode, though Shirou cautioning Saber to not "jump the gun" is laughably ironic given his actions.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 31, 2012 6:38 PM

Mar 2012
lol im sensing the love now.
Rin moving in woah... wutta development.

i still dont trust that shinji is a good guy.

Also why are ppl so stubborn in this anime. like this time its not emiya but saber..
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
May 7, 2012 4:27 AM
Jan 2012
Ok, first we have the worst protagonist in the story.
Now the anime becomes a fucking harem?

I am about to drop this shit

The characters in this anime are the dumbest ever
Jun 29, 2012 11:15 AM

Jun 2012
Shiro just gets more and more annoying doesnt he....

I love how Rin just moved in and came up with a reason why as quick as she did. I really like her as a character.

Sakura still annoys me and im starting to think she has a bigger part in this story then she comes off as. Either she really has something against Tohsaka or she just doesn't want Shiro around other girls. But her brother doesn't like Tohsaka either so there has to be a connection

I really love how Saber disobeyed Shiro and went on her own, that was really brave of her. I understand Shiro doesn't want anyone to get hurt but if he doesnt go on offense he will be in defense forever and sooner or later his defense will crumble. i agree with Saber that they need to take the initiative.
Jul 1, 2012 5:29 PM

Mar 2012
Huh, I have to say, I can't really agree with the majority here. I found it pretty wisely from Shirou to not attack the Ryuudou temple without knowing anything about the enemy. But no, Saber just has to be THAT stupid to disobey and run defiantly to a battle while not fully recovered. Seriously, that move wasn't brave, it was pretty dumb and so far I really can't understand why she's so popular. I do understand that Shirou shouldn't be so dismissive about her fighting, but I somehow get the feeling that you don't understand his character, like, at all. That guy is protective and in all honesty, can you blame him after what he'd gone through ten years ago? He doesn't want anyone to die anymore - ever heard of survival guilt?

Anyway, I'm kinda sad that I dislike Saber, because I thought she would wind up as a favorite character of mine... Oh well.
Aug 22, 2012 6:34 AM

Nov 2011
Saber is being pretty dumb. To me, it seems like Rider might be teaming up with the temple person to take them out and telling Shiro of the location so they run into their trap. But that is just a possibility.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 4, 2012 6:57 AM

May 2012
Decent episode I liked that Rin now also joined his household :p the face from Sakura when Rin opened the door was priceless, damn she must be confused.

Well decent start for another battle lets see what Saber will do in the next episode!
Feb 17, 2013 12:34 AM

Jul 2008
So that makes what...4 girls in his harem now? Saber, teacher, Rin, and Sakura. And Shirou needs to get his head out of his ass. He needs to fight, but Saber shouldn't have left on her own.
Mar 4, 2013 11:59 PM

Jan 2012
Well this is turning into a harem...

Apr 24, 2013 11:49 PM

Jun 2011
Yuufa-san said:
Huh, I have to say, I can't really agree with the majority here. I found it pretty wisely from Shirou to not attack the Ryuudou temple without knowing anything about the enemy. But no, Saber just has to be THAT stupid to disobey and run defiantly to a battle while not fully recovered. Seriously, that move wasn't brave, it was pretty dumb and so far I really can't understand why she's so popular. I do understand that Shirou shouldn't be so dismissive about her fighting, but I somehow get the feeling that you don't understand his character, like, at all. That guy is protective and in all honesty, can you blame him after what he'd gone through ten years ago? He doesn't want anyone to die anymore - ever heard of survival guilt?

Anyway, I'm kinda sad that I dislike Saber, because I thought she would wind up as a favorite character of mine... Oh well.

Uhm, being kind hearted is different from being naive, if you do know. Shiro went through hell and still being as naive as an infant, he learned nothing in his 15 years of living, hmm? Another thing I realised, he trusts women far more easily than men, sexist much? Or just the part of bad writing, to make him the so-good-guy-who-attracts-bishoujo, the kind of guy like Kirito who people hated so much with passion? He trusts Tohsaka far too easily, but still kept his guard up around that other guy, he's weak against women, that's for sure, that's one attribute I won't like..

As for people who said that Saber was stupid, well she just wanted to make her master's safety the priority, so she went on to do some information gathering, because her master is such a stupid dumb naive piece of useless junk that only know how to bring more trouble for other and try to be considerate but actually the did the opposite without knowing.. Shiro said something like not wanting to sacrifice anyone, but he has to come up with a plan, right? Not sitting still to let other people take his life, stupidity has no cure. Does he really believe that other people are as kind as him, after all he went through when he was younger? Sigh I heard the VN was better but I never played a VN before, not sure if I should continue watching this or play the VN before going into Fate Zero..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 25, 2013 2:40 AM
Apr 2013
Natsu12345 said:
Yuufa-san said:

Uhm, being kind hearted is different from being naive, if you do know. Shiro went through hell and still being as naive as an infant, he learned nothing in his 15 years of living, hmm? Another thing I realised, he trusts women far more easily than men, sexist much? Or just the part of bad writing, to make him the so-good-guy-who-attracts-bishoujo, the kind of guy like Kirito who people hated so much with passion? He trusts Tohsaka far too easily, but still kept his guard up around that other guy, he's weak against women, that's for sure, that's one attribute I won't like..

As for people who said that Saber was stupid, well she just wanted to make her master's safety the priority, so she went on to do some information gathering, because her master is such a stupid dumb naive piece of useless junk that only know how to bring more trouble for other and try to be considerate but actually the did the opposite without knowing.. Shiro said something like not wanting to sacrifice anyone, but he has to come up with a plan, right? Not sitting still to let other people take his life, stupidity has no cure. Does he really believe that other people are as kind as him, after all he went through when he was younger? Sigh I heard the VN was better but I never played a VN before, not sure if I should continue watching this or play the VN before going into Fate Zero..

Shirou learned ALOT in 15 years. Even Shirou knows he cant save everyone.. Then why does he still try? Because he is like Kiritsugu in a way. Kiritusugu also knows his ideal is impossible, yet tries for it because he finds it BEAUTIFUL, or something worth trying for. And Shirou has the same attitude. Its explained clearly in the UBW route of the VN.Its not like he trust 'women' easily. Seriously, where did you get that idea? Shirou likes Tohsaka in a way and Tohsaka knew Shirou from start. Its in the HF story. So him trusting Tohsaka isnt actually stupid. In fact, Saber herself says it- Its a WISE decision to ally with Tohsaka because she is a type of person who has an attitude of not keeping anything in debt AND she is powerful and CAN and DOES teach Shirou the magic.
Saber doesnt prioritize Info. Gathering THAT much. She wants to defeat Servants actually. Also, If Shirou went there, he would have been teleported away from Saber to Caster inside the temple while Assassin stops Saber( This is from the Bad End in VN which shows what if Shirou and Saber would have attacked and went into the trap)
No, he doesnt believes everyone is kind.THATS the reason why he's fighting the war in the first place. Shirou KNOWS what can happen if Grail falls in bad hands more than anyone else. But he doesnt want to sacrifice innocent people( Saber can increase her power by sucking other people's mana. Thats a plan, but this involves innocent people).Shirou isnt useless. Its just that he cant transfer magic properly. But his power is kickass.
Remember something- Shirou's house has an EXCELLENT boundary field. In fact, Rin herself said- Shirou's house is an excellent strategic place. Thus Shirou wants to not go into offense. And Shirou himself dont want to kill innocent people. Yet Shirou IS ready to kill( With Shinji and Kotomine).
Read the VN. Its ALOT better than the FSN anime and is equal to Fate Zero. The anime isnt a good adaptation.
Apr 25, 2013 3:00 AM

Aug 2009
Natsu12345 said:
Yuufa-san said:

People should start to distrust people because they were victims of a massive fire that they dont even know if it was an accident?Seems reasonable.

Also the logic of boy+girls=bad writing...Seems legit.

He is friends with Issei someone who he trusts but he has nothing to do with the war

You also forget how he still trusts and is even friends with one of the biggest piece of shit anime chars in anime history, Shinji who most definitely isnt a female.And lets see about Rin:She is a far better Master that can at any time KILL him but instead she chooses to go out of her way in order to help him.Why wouldnt he trust her?

Who is the other guy?Kotomine?YEah...every char keeps his guard around that guy and Rin doesnt like him either yet Shirou should be in good terms to satisfy your preference?

Saber someone with more experience in wars and even a Holy grail war,instead of sitting down with him and discussing a plan goes on her own.Seems pretty ok.

Shirou, with the exception of his projection, is just another normal guy with no idea
about magi or wars.Surely he should be able to come up with a good plan...I mean what is stopping him?

If Saber wanted to make sure about his safety she should have stayed by his side.There is no logic in her action when,except Assassin and Caster there are another 4 normal Servants going around.
Jun 13, 2013 4:24 AM

Nov 2012
lol XD rin now living in shiro house... shiro is so funny when trying to talk to rin :3
damn this tsundere girl is giving me more moe this time :3
Jul 21, 2013 6:43 PM

May 2013
Haha, Shirou is looking more and more like a harem king with every episode.
Feb 2, 2014 1:58 AM

Jun 2013
God damn, I mean Shirou is becoming a male gigolo. All those girls in one house. I hope this doesn't turn into one of those half assed shitty harems. Best harem I saw so far was Negima! and Negima!?

But this? I really hope the future episodes improve, otherwise I'll just end up reading the visual novel. Fate/Zero, or so I've heard, is a hell of a lot better anyways.
Feb 2, 2014 2:50 AM

Aug 2009
ItsukiKoizumi said:

otherwise I'll just end up reading the visual novel. Fate/Zero, or so I've heard, is a hell of a lot better anyways.

Stop right now and go read it.
Feb 3, 2014 2:44 PM
Nov 2013
Kirishiro-chan said:
God damn, I mean Shirou is becoming a male gigolo. All those girls in one house. I hope this doesn't turn into one of those half assed shitty harems. Best harem I saw so far was Negima! and Negima!?

But this? I really hope the future episodes improve, otherwise I'll just end up reading the visual novel. Fate/Zero, or so I've heard, is a hell of a lot better anyways.

Lol I found it funny that you had nothing but good things to say for all the previous ep's but did a 180 this ep. Don't worry, if you were enjoying it up until this point it'l get good again soon.
Feb 3, 2014 9:36 PM

Aug 2009
Stanfoo said:
Kirishiro-chan said:

Lol I found it funny that you had nothing but good things to say for all the previous ep's but did a 180 this ep. Don't worry, if you were enjoying it up until this point it'l get good again soon.
Then go shit again.
Feb 3, 2014 11:29 PM

Jul 2007
Stanfoo said:
Kirishiro-chan said:

Spoiler: it NEVER gets good.
Apr 24, 2014 10:28 AM

Dec 2013
Pls make it a romance
May 14, 2014 9:54 AM
Jun 2013
I wonder if shirou actually trust this guys answer about the missing girl since he does say hes iffy about his so called friend.I guess saber isint one for plans and waiting to long since rin and shirou actually made a good point.Its the enimies base why would you blindly charge in with no plan what so ever.It was funny how sakura just snapped back when rin tried to throw her out though rins explanation to taiga made sense so wonder why she didint say that to sakura in the first place.Anime still has my attention cant wait for next episode.
Sep 9, 2014 5:54 PM

Mar 2012
What Rin said is contradicting to what Caster said in F/Z. Rin said that the servants usually come with similar traits/personality of their master but Gille de Rais, the Caster-class servant in F/Z said that he only had masters (except the last one) that didn't like seeing him killing people. It's a bit confusing, maybe Gille de Rais was only "unlucky".

Fate/Stay night is not that bad, I don't see why people complain so much. Obviously F/Z was way better but we have to take in count that F/SN is 6 years older too.

btw is this called "stay night" cuz everyone sleeps in the main character's house? *trollface*
b1GZZSep 9, 2014 6:07 PM
Sep 10, 2014 6:39 AM

Aug 2009
Did you watch the dub?Because FZ Caster never mentioned other Masters to Ryuunosuke.
Sep 10, 2014 7:15 AM
Jul 2014
ssjokg said:
Did you watch the dub?Because FZ Caster never mentioned other Masters to Ryuunosuke.
He did say he was lucky to have such an understanding master but other than that, I don't think he did either.
I'M GONE NOW
Sep 10, 2014 7:28 AM

Aug 2009
AnarchicSloth said:
ssjokg said:
He did say he was lucky to have such an understanding master but other than that, I don't think he did either.
Thats what I mean.Heroic Spirits dont retain their memories of previous wars anyway.
Sep 10, 2014 8:58 AM

Jul 2007
b1GZZ said:
What Rin said is contradicting to what Caster said in F/Z. Rin said that the servants usually come with similar traits/personality of their master but Gille de Rais, the Caster-class servant in F/Z said that he only had masters (except the last one) that didn't like seeing him killing people. It's a bit confusing, maybe Gille de Rais was only "unlucky".

Fate/Stay night is not that bad, I don't see why people complain so much. Obviously F/Z was way better but we have to take in count that F/SN is 6 years older too.

btw is this called "stay night" cuz everyone sleeps in the main character's house? *trollface*

F/0 Caster never talked about other masters.

It is bad compared to source material, which is miles above Fate/Zero. Its like watching Uwe Boll movie. Also nope, FSN is one year older. FSN visual novel came out in 2005, first volume of fate/zero light novel came out in 2006.

ssjokg said:
AnarchicSloth said:
Thats what I mean.Heroic Spirits dont retain their memories of previous wars anyway.

^this, unless you are certain servants.
Sep 10, 2014 9:02 AM

Aug 2009
Pretty sure he means the anime when he says 6 years.
Sep 10, 2014 9:07 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Pretty sure he means the anime when he says 6 years.

which could excuse animation quality(except that there are shows in 2006 that look miles better), but not storyline quality.
Feb 18, 2015 3:18 AM

Apr 2013
lol poor Sakura, she just wants to spend some time with Shirou alone ^^
Rider is actually a good person, she just seems to have a shitty master :/
Rin decides to live with Shirou and doesn't even listen to his complains xD
Oh Saber decides to ignore her master's orders, bad Saber!

Next episode some fighting and some nice Rider scenes it seems <3
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Order

Shadow__-Monarch - May 4

17 by caspiano »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 16, 2008

83 by FedeMetal »»
Yesterday, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

137 by FedeMetal »»
May 1, 6:08 PM

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

30 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 27, 10:20 AM

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Apr 25, 10:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.